Oz-Pet All Natural Cat & Pet Litter

Oz-Pet All Natural Cat & Pet Litter Questions & Answers

Brand Manager for Oz-Pet? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

7 questions from our users

Fiona Mc
Fiona Mcasked

How long can you use the Oz pet litter once the pellets have broken down?

Deyeda

I wouldn’t use the litter once the pellets break down, that means that they have been used and start to smell.

Marion
Marionasked

Can this waste be flushed down toilet?

Phillip00
Phillip00

No, it is not suitable to be flushed down the toilet. I have stopped using OzPet litter as it stunk the house out using the twin trays. I now have gone to Catlux clumping litter as the house does not stink anymore, however, it does not fully clump and I have to be careful in separating the good litter from the lump of wet litter.

deb
debasked

can you flush the litter when you pick up the poos down the toilet ?

Rose Bryan
Rose Bryan

Yes you can flush the solids down the loo, I do and I have 5 cats inside

Sarah1
Sarah1asked

Has anyone noticed the pellet quality is steadily going down? For some reason after the same usage times I'm seeing it expand too much, turn black and it's not falling through the sieve tray.

GrandmaH

Yes. I totally agree. Thought it was just me. But lately I've noticed the same thing. It goes black very quickly and doesn't break down as well. Stays as a black lump until I vigorously shake it or spread it with scooper. Not happy. I actually wonder if the current very humid weather has anything to do with it. Is it absorbing too much moisture from the air? Just a thought.

Caz
Caz

I've never had the pellets change colour at all, you could email Oz Pet and ask them about this.
E-mail: jeanette@oz-pet.net.au
Phone: 02 96721274 or 1800 882309.They also have a facebook page.

Deyeda

Yes I agree. I now use Kitter Litter with my Oz Pet trays, it is so much better.

Minty
Mintyasked

I have used crystals for a year with no trouble except that I can't put it on my garden. Recently switched to this litter with sieve tray but have had trails of ants coming into it and the cat wouldn't use it as they were crawling all over him. No solids were in it. Anyone had this problem?

GrandmaH

Sorry I can't help you as I've not had this problem, although ants in other parts of my house. Only problem that I find with this litter is the unpleasant smell in the morning after my two cats have used their tray during the night. Perhaps you could sprinkle some ant sand around outside edges of bottom tray, so long as cats don't eat it. I find it very effective in other situations.

justaguy
justaguyasked

Is ozpet litter flushable?

Deb5206
Deb5206

Can be composted or used as mulch, but i don't think it is flushable because it's made from waste plantation sawdust.

LucyQLD

It is yes! Ozpet knly recommend no more than 2 scoops be flushed though... I've always just sprinkled it on the lawn :)

Laineasked

I've noticed a lot of people say it can be disposed of in the garden, which is great. Is it ok to put into a compost bin? We're in a townhouse that doesn't have a garden but we do have a compost bin.

Jacqui R
Jacqui R

Oops submitted my answer as a question. But yes you should be able to. You could contact your local council as well to be sure.

LucyQLD

You could but being wood it isn't going to mulch down very quickly.. So long as it's mixed with lots of other vegetation/scraps... And I wouldn't use it on veggie garden personally

Laine

Thank you very much for the replies; both helpful :-)

Other Cat Litter