16Philips Sonicare DiamondClean

Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Questions & Answers

Ricardo G.
Ricardo G. · Sonicare DiamondClean

What is the most effective way of cleaning the toothpaste that builds up and dries inside of the buttons? I try hot water while pressing the buttons, is there any kind of solution i can use to thorougly clean them?

Thanks.

Philips Personal Health   DM

Hello Ricardo. Thank you for your review.

We recommend carrying out a detailed weekly cleaning session. Just follow the easy steps below: Remove the brush head. Rinse the bottom of the brush head with warm water. Rinse the metal shaft area with warm water. Clean the bottom of the toothbrush handle with a damp cotton swab to remove any residue. Wipe the entire surface of the handle with a wet cloth. Never use the dishwasher to clean your toothbrush or any of its accessories. Do not puncture the rubber seal around the metal shaft, as this may cause water damage.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us through 0800 658 224 (New Zealand) from Monday - Friday: 09:00 am - 09:00 pm and 1300 363 391 (Australia) Monday - Friday: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm EST.
Regards,

Waz
Waz

Doesn’t matter what you do. Even if you follow the advice from Phillips like we did, chances are the tooth brush will fail. I have gone through 2 toothbrushes so far in a little over 12 months and still waiting on my 2nd replacement. The funny thing is that although Phillips already have the details on record from the last warranty claim, and we have already answered all their questions, they still are in denial. You will find the device is now discontinued. I wonder why?? Good thing we took out a 3 year warranty on ours originally. Will be a long road.

Frustrated
Frustrated · Sonicare DiamondClean

I'm not certain what Sonicare has done in manufacturing its toothbrushes over the years, but they have seriously deteriorated in quality. I'm probably on our 7th toothbrush in less than 5 years with 5 of them a result of them not working properly. I continue to have a problem - the same problem - with the on/off button not working. I understand part of the problem is probably the toothpaste gunk that gets into and around the on-off button. Why in the world after 3 years of this problem doesn't Sonicare fix the problem by manufacturing them with a silicone sheath over the handle that covers the on/off button. I love the clean I get with a Sonicare but I'm now ready to give up. We have had these toothbrushes less than 2 years and after spending over $300 for 2 of them, they do not turn on. So I'm done - moving on to something else that does not come with such unnecessary frustration. Shame on Sonicare for not responding to this issue which obviously many, many people encounter every morning and night.

Philips Personal Health   DM

Hi, Thank you very much for taking the time to write this elaborate review. Your feedback means a lot to us, and we will definitely forward it to our product team for future improvements.
Toothpaste residue might indeed cause the power button to get stuck and not function properly. We recommend removing the brush head after each use and rinsing the brush head and the handle under water to remove residue.
Seven toothbrushes in less than five years certainly don't reflect the quality we aim to provide. We totally understand your frustration, and we'll be happy to assist you before you give up on our brand.

We'd like to refer you to our colleagues for more information. You can reach them directly on 1300 363 391 (Australia), or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand) from Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. They're always happy to help!

Kevin D.
Kevin D.

I have had my toothbrush fail due to the top seal disintegrating and water getting inside the toothbrush. Philips did provide me with a replacement but i noticed the top seal had fallen apart on this one after a year. I think the seal on the top is a weak point in the design

Philips Personal Health   DM

Hi Kevin, Thanks for reaching out to us. We are sorry to hear that the seal on your replacement Sonicare has broken, how disappointing. It would be great if we could take a closer look at your toothbrush so that we can see how we can help you further.

Please feel free to contact us through 0800 658 224 (NZ) from Monday -Friday: 09:00 am -09:00 pm and 1300 363 391 (AU) Monday -Friday: 07:00 am -07:00 pm EST.

Kelly D.
Kelly D. · Sonicare DiamondClean

My sonic care won't turn on - when placed on the charger it is lighting up and blinking.
what does this mean, it is about 1 year old.

Andrew
Andrew

Mine refused to even light up also after about 1 year. Someone from philips suggested I do a factory reset which is:
After charging for 24 hrs, and while still on charge, press and hold down the start button for a full 7 seconds.
This worked on mine although it seemed to have its own mind for 24 hrs after, turning on, cycling thru modes on its own. It’s ok now.
Good luck

Vando
Vando

These Phillips toothbrushes are known the die after 1-2 years. It looks like your battery is not retaining charge. I had to replace some of the toothbrushes with new batteries. It requires soldering, so unless you are quite handy, I would suggest to call phillips and they will replace your toothbrush. There’s 2 years warranty on them. When the warranty runs out, save the money and buy the oral-b new design toothbrushes instead.

Philips Domestic Appliances   DM

Hi there, Kelly. Thanks for reaching out to us! We're sorry to hear this. Have you perhaps tried a factory reset? This can be done by charging it for 24 hours, and then press and hold the power button for 7 seconds, while keeping the toothbrush on the charger.

If this doesn't work out then our colleagues from our support team would happily look into this for you. Feel free to reach out to us on Facebook and/or Twitter (@PhilipsCare) for further assistance. Alternatively, you can contact our support team by phone on: 1300 363 391.

NotImpressed92 · Sonicare DiamondClean

Our first Diamondcare lasted about two years. Our second was purchased in June 2019 - 14 months ago, and it appears to be dying. It runs for thirty seconds at a time - no exceptions - and only has two options available, “clean” and “white”. If you try to cycle past those two, they flash and it fully turns off. Instructions for resetting aren’t working, and it is indicating a full charge. What’s the solution, because this was an expensive toothbrush and it should last more than 14 months.

Mimi

Agreed. I bought two with the other one still working ( not every day usage) for nearly 3 years actual usage would be just 2 years I dare not to buy replacement head being the quality so unstable I am expecting it probably stop working any minute. Philips doesn’t seem to have assurance on such an expensive device. Disappointing service along with the quality

Philips Domestic Appliances   DM

Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to post this review. We're sorry to hear that you’ve had a negative experience with your Sonicare toothbrush. We can imagine this is a bit annoying to you. We would like to see how we can help. Is there any indication that your Sonicare is charging when it is plugged in? If no then we recommend trying a different outlet to see if that helps.

Also, are you using the original charger that came with your Sonicare? If you happen to have an additional charger of the same kind then please charge your toothbrush with it to see if that helps. If the issue continues then Please feel free to get in touch via social media. We’re available 24/7 on Facebook (https://philips.to/fb247) and Twitter (https://philips.to/tw247). You can also reach us on 1300 363 391 (AU) or on 0800 658 224 (NZ).

NotImpressed92

It's in the original charger. I also tried the charger from the old toothbrush. Nothing has changed. The toothbrush doesn't work and I need to make a warranty claim.

Philips Domestic Appliances   DM

Hi there, We understand that you seek a warranty claim. You can also reach out to us by phone at 1300 363 391 (Australia), or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand) from Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. We will be happy to help.

Kind Regards,

STJ
STJ · Sonicare DiamondClean HX9362/67 (Pink)

I have had my toothbrush for not even 2 months and it is already broken. The head doesn’t sit on right and it makes a lot of noise and just wiggles around but not really effectively connecting either the bristles to brush my teeth properly. I think I may have thrown out the warranty from inside the box but I would still have the email from when I bought it online.
I loved it when it was working but am disappointed that it’s already broken after not even 2 months use.

Philips Domestic Appliances   DM

Hi there, Thank you for sharing your review here with us. It's unfortunate to hear your Sonicare has stopped working properly. For further assistance, please feel free to reach out to our product team. You can reach them directly on 1300 363 391 (Australia) or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand) from Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. They'll be happy to help.

Mimi

Hi I bought one but only was used for less than a year before it wouldn’t charge and no light on. It has our side the warranty can it be fixed?

Philips Domestic Appliances   DM

Hi there Mimi, We are sorry to hear that you're having issues with the Sonicare. The warranty for the Sonicare is usually two years. We invite you to reach out to us on either social media: Facebook and Twitter (@PhilipsCare), or you can reach us by phone. You can do so on 1300 363 391 (Australia) or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand) from Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. They will be more than happy to help and answer all of your questions.

Solomon J. · Sonicare DiamondClean

how to change batteries

Philips Domestic Appliances   DM

Hi there, Solomon. Thank you for your question in here. Unfortunately, the rechargeable battery inside your Philips Sonicare Toothbrush cannot be replaced. We hope this helps, but do let us know if you want to know anything else about your toothbrush. We're always happy to help.

solomon

Jayde W. · Sonicare DiamondClean

Hello. I purchased my sonicare in Aug last year; it was working fine and all of a sudden it has developed a fault. The brush or the head part of it is hardly doing a thing but the actual motor/handle part has become really loud, like its working overtime. What can I do for a speedy replacement seeing as it is still in warranty?

Jayde

Roo
Roo

I have had three Sonicare toothbrushes that ALL developed the same fault. Motor works but no movement on the brush. The first one Philips replaced. Not buying one again, even though they are great when they work. Anyone recommend another premium toothbrush that has a bit more longevity? Especially for the price!

Fired Up

Get a friend to check the company website for the correct answer obviously

Huh?

Philips Domestic Appliances   DM

Hi, Jayde. Thanks for your message. We're sorry to hear that you seem to be having issue with your toothbrush. We can imagine how inconvenient this must be for you. :( Feel free to reach out to us on 1300 363 391 (Mondays to Fridays: 9:00 am - 7:00 pm EST) for Australia and 0800 658 224 (Mondays to Fridays: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm) for New Zealand. We'll do our best to find a solution for your toothbrush. :) We look forward to your response.

Deborah S.
Deborah S. · Sonicare DiamondClean

I think the heads are awful all the bristles keep coming off, all three of the heads so far. I only just changed one last week and the side bristles are already coming off. I contacted Boots where i bought them from but because i cannot find the receipt they wont help me. Any help?

Fired Up

Ask the company directly obviously

Philips Domestic Appliances   DM

Hi, Deborah. Thanks for reaching out. In this specific instance we think it'd be best if you could contact us directly, as it's a bit easier to go over all things we can do for you that way. You could reach us on 1300 363 391 (AU) or on 0800 658 224 (NZ). If you aren't located in any of these two countries, please consider contacting us on social media or through external link .

Brisneylander
Brisneylander · Sonicare DiamondClean HX9352/04 (Black)

Hi, my Sonicare no longer turns on. The charging light constantly slowly flashes when it is on the charger, and all the lights come on when I take it off the charger, and nothing happens when i push the switch to turn it on.

Parilla
Parilla

This happened to me also in the past few weeks. Philips were kind enough to replace via phone.

Philips Domestic Appliances   DM

Hi there, Simon. Thanks for asking. That doesn't sound good and we like to get in touch and see how we can help, but we like to do some troubleshooting first. Have you tried charging the product for 24 hours straight already? This will reset the product and may solve the issue. If this doesn't work, please contact our colleagues directly here for further assistance: external link

LizJ
LizJ · Sonicare DiamondClean HX9352/04 (Black)

We're having a very noisy problem with our black DiamondClean. We've replaced the heads as per Philips advice online, so we know it is not that...

Unfortunately now when brushing our teeth, it's so loud it sounds as if there's a hedge trimmer being used in the ensuite!! The other morning I used it without turning on so as not to wake my sleeping husband. This is not ideal!! Any ideas?

Piet
Piet

We had the same issue. We were able to fix it temporarily using the advice in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-2QBRPq7DE&t=565s

But it appeared something was broken in our case and only extended its life by about 6 months. If you're still on your warranty I'd send it back.

LizJ

Thanks Piet. My husband contacted Philips and they've resolved the issue for us by sending us a replacement handset unit. It's so nice to be back to brushing our teeth in peace & quiet!!! Philips really looked after us!

mary.capelli.3
mary.capelli.3 · Sonicare DiamondClean

What is the warranty on the sonic card diamond clean? Have had this for just two years and it doesn’t work anymore. It doesn’t charge and when on the charger it stays on.

Kiddo
Kiddo

The Phillips website confirms the warranty is two years. It may still be worth contacting Phillips to trouble shoot the problem and to discuss options.

nahdoo
nahdoo

Hi Mary

I had a Sonic toothbrush before and when it did not work after 2 1/2 years Philips did not want to know about it. When I bought the new one I took out extra insurance through Myer. The sonic tends to last mostly about two years although I read one person had one that lasted 7 years. I think that is very unusual though. Good Luck with your yours though Sonic are a very good toothbrush when they work but they are also very expensive.

Philips Domestic Appliances   DM

Hi there, Mary, Thanks for asking your question here. Could you try to charge your brush for 24 hours straight, followed by pressing the power button for 5-7 seconds straight? This will reset your brush and might help to get it back on track. :) Feel free to let us know if this helped, we're otherwise more than happy to continue assisting you.

Greg
Greg · Sonicare DiamondClean

My Phillips Sonicare Toothbrush turns itself on intermittently. Any ideas?

Philips Domestic Appliances   DM

Hi there Greg! We're not sure what's going on with your Sonicare, our customer service team would like to get in touch to check a few things. Would you mind reaching out to them through 1300 363 391 for Australia or 0800 658 224 for New Zealand? Thank you!

Kind regards,

the Philips Australia team.

shanexu3
shanexu3

I had the same issue with my old Oral B toothbrush. Water leaked inside the unit causing it to create a circuit and that made it turn on intermittently. I use my Philips Sonicare in the shower and had never suffered this issue to date.

Ashleigh Draffen
Ashleigh Draffen · Sonicare DiamondClean HX9362/67 (Pink)

Hi guys :) I really want to get the pink one! Is it really better than other toothbrushes though? For me when I saw it doesn't have an oscillating head it made me wonder, I think it's just a mind set I have gotten into?

Is it suitable / the best option to use with braces? (Getting next week). I really want to get the best toothbrush I can. Thanks

Philips Domestic Appliances   DM

Hi Ash, great to hear you’re interested in our DiamondClean! It’s our top notch toothbrush with 5 programs which will take care of your dental health, you can read a few reviews of other users here if you like: external link . It’s definitely suitable for use with braces, you can check how to use the toothbrush the best here if you like: external link . Feel free to reach out to our team on Facebook or Twitter for more questions. :-)

Kind regards,

the Philips Australia team.

Sharleen
Sharleen

Hi Ash. Firstly good luck with you with your new braces. Please remember everyone is different. So my answers to you is this: Philips Diamond Clean was the best thing for me. Noticed it's amazing precision before and after my braces. My Orthodontist is satisfied with my clean teeth and I know my manual toothbrush would have not done the job. It's hard cleaning once your braces are on - that's not a lie - but this electronic toothbrush was amazing. I started with 'Clean' and then alternated with 'Sensitive' as your teeth can only take so much (meaning it has to get used to the braces). The Philips YouTube link says add toothpaste on the brush but I found it much better actually applying this on your finger directly all over the braces.

I cannot say if it is better than other electronic toothbrushes as I am a long standing client of Philips but as we have already taken the first step of improving our teeth positioning why not choose Philips to ensure you get clean between the brackets and between the gaps.

I know what you're thinking such a pricey gadget is it going to work - now that I have braces the answer is YES!

Tor
Tor · Sonicare DiamondClean HX9352/04 (Black)

Does all that intense agitating remove enamel from the service of the teeth?

A.K.
A.K.

I don't think so, the vibration isn't that strong and the toothbrush is light and soft.

HerrVonGinger

Not that I am aware and I certainly have had no problems with this and I have been using electric toothbrushes for many years.

Philips Domestic Appliances   DM

Hi Tor. Thanks for submitting your question here. We would like to refer you to our product experts. You can contact them at 1300 363 391, option 4 (for Australia) or at 0800 658 224, option 4 (for New Zealand). If you are from another country, please say so. Then we can find other colleagues who are able to assist you with the question.

enjk
enjk · Sonicare DiamondClean

Hi, My sonic aid diamond has stopped working. The lights are all working after I try recharging it but absolutely nothing happening. Is it possible to have it repaired as it was expensive and hasn't been used for very long?

Cheers

Marilyn

Philips Domestic Appliances   DM

Hey Marilyn, thank you for coming to us and how unfortunate your Sonicare stopped working. Since this might be a warranty issue, we kindly advise you to contact our Consumer Care Team. If you are in Australia, please call 1300 363 391 and our specialists will be happy to help you out.

Bert

It is possible toothpaste may have interfered with switch contact. Submerge in warm water and operate switch, worked for me, also to rejuvenate expensive brushes, boil for a few minutes, bristles will straighten again, help them with fingers while cooling.This get rid of germs too.

Lynda
Lynda · Sonicare DiamondClean

Can you tell me prices and where I can get these? I will probably eventually buy three so I do want a great brush but I can not afford to spend a huge amount. If this one is too expensive then maybe a close alternative?

Many thanks!

Lynda

HerrVonGinger

Hi Lynda. I do not know where you are but I am in New Zealand and at the moment the best deal is with Farmers who are selling them in their sale at $279 NZD usually $349 NZD.

Philips Domestic Appliances   DM

Hey Lynda, thank you for your interest. Three brushes is quite a big expense! If you are in Australia, we're selling Sonicare DiamondCleans for a advised retailer price of $329.25: external link .

If you are looking for a less expensive brush, you might want to check this link to see our other Sonicare-range: external link .

We hope this helps!

Bianca.C
Bianca.C

Hi Lynda,

The Sonicare is the top of the range, and retails at approx $350, however you would only need the one handset and just buy more brusheads if you were buying for other family members, which makes it quite economical.

Michael
Michael · Sonicare DiamondClean HX9332/04

I bought a DiamondClean (white) from Shavershop just last Wed, it was good for first few days, however, I don't know why it is too noisy. Basically, it comes with two brush heads (1 mini and 1 standard), I use the standard one and my girlfriend uses the mini one. :) With the standard one, It makes a noisy sound (in any type of brushing modes) like my 5 years old OralB Braun, which I cannot stand for that sound. But it is totally fine when I try with the mini brush head. I don't know if I should take it back to Shavershop to ask or contact Philips. Thanks!

Michael

Ron M
Ron M

Hi Michael – actually, I was not aware they were two head sizes. I have only just discovered this now having looked at the Philips website. It seems I was supplied with standard brushes. The salespeople did not make me were of different sizes being available. However, to get back to your question. I have not encountered any difficulties at all, particularly with sound in using the brushes that I've got. Thus, I cannot really make an observation based on your description. I had an oral B, in fact several of them, over the years. There is definitely a difference in sound between my old Oral B and the new DiamondClean. However that is no surprise as the DiamondClean cleans at a much higher head speed then does the Oral B and therefore I was fully expecting it to be somewhat more noisy. However, I don't really notice a lot of difference in the noise, such that it is distracting to me. Insofar as I'm unable to offer you any satisfactory observation on my own experience, apart from saying I am completely happy with the product, I suggest you would be best served by speaking directly to Philips customer service and asking their advice. The toothbrush is obviously just you and therefore captured by the warranty, should a claim be required. I even believe they have a 30 day refund if you are not satisfied with the product. Sorry to not have been of more assistance, but I do think you are best off speaking directly to Phillips.

Philips Domestic Appliances   DM

Hello Michael, thank you for reaching out to us and how wonderful to hear that both you and your girlfriend are using the DiamondClean. However, we are sorry to hear that it appears to be too noisy when using the standard brush head. We'd like to look into this for you. Please call us on 1300 363 391 (Australia) or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand).

Get an answer from our members and Philips Personal Health representatives

Select a listing for your question
Philips Sonicare DiamondClean

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

Philips Sonicare DiamondClean is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2023.