Primus Mammoth DualZone

Primus Mammoth DualZone Questions & Answers

65L, 72L, 92L and 118L

56 questions from our users

I have just purchased a brand new mammoth 72 l dual zone removed it from the box plugged it into to 240 volts and nothing happens have checked both fuses 12-volt and 240 volt and still nothing lights up on control panel fridge is dead.
Gday mate by the sounds of it you've got a doa it's the new blue and black model your talking about ? I'd take it straight back for exchange of refund pending what the terms areThanks four that I will get it back to them.Yes it is the blue and black one.

where can i purchase a controller from for a Primus/Mamouth fridge freezer. Address and/or phone number please

What does the fault E3 mean

not a dual zone but primus 45lt fan wooks but wont cool

what temp would i set freezer at when travelling

What does E1 mean indeed out

afternoon all i have a 65l flexi zone but the larger compartment just wont cool at at all all gauges says its working the other side (smaller side ) works fine on fridge or freezer anyone can help me ?
Had the same problem with failure on 12 Volt, purchased an Engelyeh might have to do you know where I can get a copy of the user manual , searched everywhere and no luck ?

I have a 3 year old mammoth Primus fridge freezer. Has been no trouble but this time it doesn’t,t matter what we set the compartments to it just freezes everything all the time. I have tried it both on 240volts and 12 volts and no difference. Seems to me k Like maybe there is a thermostat that is not working?. Any thoughts??? Philip
Sounds like a faulty thermostat.

what is the warranty period? it just died used 3 Jan perfect 20 Jan would not cool fan and controls work but would not cool

Hi I have got a mammoth 65l dual zone fridge freezer, have owned for 1 year tomorrow has been great , but one problem I am having now is when on 12volt temps on both sides seem to keep rising to about 12 degrees both sides are set to 3 degrees but just doesn't seem to get down but when I'm 240volt works perfectly ? Would any one have one ideas? cheers
It's sounds like the controller. I have the same fridge and my temperatures were slow to cool and in my case one side would cool first and the other side not drop until one side was cold. Very random, but a new controller fixed it (that was about 14 months ago). Changing the controller is really easy too, so you could probably save a few bucks changing it yourself. That being said I just went to use my fridge last weekend and it had lost all its gas. Once I found out it was unrepairable I pulled it apart to find all the coils around the containers were all badly rusted (I have photos but can't share it here), so make sure you keep the inside as dry as possible or you'll probably get the same issue in the future as me.

Could any one tell me what E5 error is on my mammoth dual zone fridge happens on 240volt?

What is E1 error on primus mammoth 92 l flexi zone fridge? Have set the temps on both sides and this has come up. Food is gonna spoil.
Error 1 is saying there is a fault in the circuit .. mine was the faulty fan. Error 3 is power supply especially if you are on battery camping

So my duel zone second one under warranty last one lasted 5 days this one has done 8 days now it’s running for about 30 seconds then turning off and keeps repeating this process every now and then they fridge throws an e3 code up which there is nothing about in the manual any help would be Appreciated otherwise will go through the warranty process again this is on 240v and 12v.
Mine had same error code both 12 and 240v .. it turned out to be the internal fan . Fixed on warranty.

I have an E1 error, compressor kicks in and fan runs, but not for long then flashes the E1 error? What could this be?

My74l mammoth chills on 240 but won't on 12v. Any ideas?
Possibly your connection most likely . We have 118L mammoth and it runs off dual batteries no problem . I have 2 x 105ah batteries. I have run it off 1 battery and had no problems

I have a pri74lm. Only had it 4 years fried taking it to fnq on a trip fridge kept flicking onto Error unable to handle humidity think l will buy an engel at least reliable even in full sun very disappointed typical cheap crap. Would appreciate any feed back or help to rectify its problem.
Mine lasted 4 years and ran out of gas. If the leak is in the compressor cavity you may be able to fix it. Otherwise it’s a throwaway. Cheap product built in obsolescence. I went and bought an Engel and the quality was immediately apparent. Engel and evacool are the only portable fridges able to be repaired.

I have the 92l original model. It’s not getting down to temperature plugged in all day on max and ac power. Is the compressor stuffed? Is it worth fixing?
If the compressor is working it’s it that. It is out of gas. If the leak is any where other than the compressor cavity you can take it to the tip and buy an Engel or evercool which are the only portable fridges able to have the cooling pipes repairedThanks for that i had a look where the compressor is located and couldnt see any leaks. Have actually had to hire an engel for the weekend just to get by.

If eski fridge works but not getting really cold n wont freeze , Does it need regasing?
This exactly what happened to my primus. If it has lost the gas anywhere other than in the cavity where the compressor is, you can throw it away as it is not servicable. I threw mine away and bought an Engel. These and evacool are the only servicable portable fridges available here in Australia. It cost me $110 service to find this out.

Dose it store standing on its end turned on or off?

Hi, we have just purchased a 72l dual zone and are supposed to be heading away in the morning. This afternoon the display stopped working but the motor was still working. My husband read the manual and it suggested checking the fuse. He turned the fridge off to check the fuse, it was fine but now it won’t turn on at all and still no display. Any ideas?
Perhaps the fuse needs a little wiggle or is faulty. Try pressing the two temp adjusting buttons simultaneously Better still take it back and buy an Engel. You won’t be sorry.

Get an answer from our members and Primus representatives