24 questions from our users

Winter7asked

Real Car Insurance

If I cancel my car insurance (because my car was written off), am I entitled to a refund for the remainder of the year?

Customer C.Real Insurance

Hi Winter, Please private message your claim number and I will get a claims consultant to contact you regarding your enquiry. - Angela

Winter7

Surely this is a simple answer?

Customer C.Real Insurance

Hi Winter, yes, a trained claims consultant can give you all the answers you need.

CNG

CNGasked

Real Car Insurance

I was with Real insurance since 2013 , I was happy before but this year they increased my premium almost by 30 percent. Any ideas behind it?

Greenstone F.Real Insurance

Hello, thanks for your enquiry. If you'd like to share your policy details with us we will arrange for a team member to contact you to assist further. You can send us your details in a private message on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Real.Insurance.

Graememcmillan

Graememcmillanasked

Can you offer
Me road side assistance plus insurance to retired > 65 year olds for our caravan plus car Ute total value 150k we pick them both up new this October so need all three can you do that thanks [details removed]

Greenstone F.Real Insurance

Hi Graeme, thanks for your enquiry. Please give our team a call on 13 19 48 for more information.

Vicki

Vickiasked

Real Car Insurance

I insured pay as you drive however need to extend the mileage. How much will it cost?

Wizzy

Wizzyasked

Real Car Insurance

Hi I cancelled my car insurance with real insurance on Wednesday 23 May 2018. I always paid my policy monthly via direct debit so the payment was deducted from my account on tuesday night 22 May 2018. Am I entitled to a refund?

Greenstone F.Real Insurance

Hi Wizzy, if you'd like to share your policy details with us we can arrange for our Service team to look into this further for you. You can send us a private message on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Real.Insurance thanks.

Newby

Newbyasked

Hi there
Anyone has any experience with getting a landlords insurance from an insurer?

Greenstone F.Real Insurance

Hello, you can find out more about our landlords insurance at https://www.realinsurance.com.au/landlords-insurance thanks.

Helen

Helenasked

Real Car Insurance

I cancelled my policy within the cooling period how long does it take to receive refund of payments made ?

Customer RelationsReal Insurance

Hi Helen, please send us your details in a private message here: www.facebook.com/Real.Insurance so we can provide an update regarding your payment. Thank you

Peter Jones

Peter Jonesasked

Real Car Insurance

Can I use the repairer of my choice or am I fixed to your preferred repairer?

Donna67
Donna67

I'm sorry, I can't help you. I haven't had to use it yet, touch wood

Samantha
Samantha

The policy that I have meant I had to use their repairer but they one I used was fantastic!

Greenstone F.Real Insurance

Hi Peter, we only guarantee materials and workmanship on repairs done by a repairer appointed or approved by us. While you can arrange for a quote from a different repairer, we have the final say on who will do the repairs, as per the terms and conditions of the policy. If have any further questions, please share your policy details with us in a private message and we will arrange for a Claims Manager to contact you directly, thanks.

IMR

IMRasked

Real Car Insurance

Do I get a multiple policy discount, I have a landlord policy with Real?

Greenstone F.Real Insurance

Hi there, for more information on relevant discounts we encourage you to visit our website at https://www.realinsurance.com.au or call 13 19 48, thanks.

dgenin

dgeninasked

Real Car Insurance

My current premium amount is AUD 48.83. In my policy # MOT104184946 to be renewed on 20/05/2017, the premium amount is AUD 54.35. Could you please explain the reason for this increase?

Customer RelationsReal Insurance

We will arrange for a Service Manager to get in touch with you to clarify this situation. Thank you

Veronica sumner

Veronica sumnerasked

Real Car Insurance

Do you cover windscreen damage?

Customer RelationsReal Insurance

Hi Veronica, please email our Service Team at customercare@realinsurance.com.au and they will be able to assist you with your enquiry. Thank you

Ross J

Ross Jasked

Real Car Insurance

How do I cancel my policy ( car has been sold )?

Customer RelationsReal Insurance

Hi Ross, Please send an email including your policy details to customercare@realinsurance.com.au. Thank you

AW Zahir

AW Zahirasked

Real Car Insurance

how to see the detail of the certificate?

Diva 2
Diva 2

Details provided are very well set out and easily understood. I have cover on house, contents, funeral, car and roadside assist. If any changes are made either by you or Real is easy to do.

Customer RelationsReal Insurance

Hi there, thanks for your enquiry. Please provide us with your contact details via a private message and we will arrange for a member of our Service team to contact you directly to resolve this matter. Thank you.

Tho Tran
Tho Tran

I want to renew insurance my car .Plate numberCH43VH.Toyota Corolla Ascent Sport.

gosia

gosiaasked

Real Car Insurance

Please provide me a email address to send quote& photos ( motor vehicle claim)
Claim

Customer RelationsReal Insurance

Hi Gosia, you can send details regarding your motor vehicle claim to newclaims@realinsurance.com.au. Please include your policy details in the email so our Claims team are able to identify your claim, thank you.

Callianis

Callianisasked

Real Car Insurance

My odometer reading is incorrect as I didn't call to let you know my updated odometer reading when my annual insurance was renewed, and you based the current year reading on the previous recorded year. This means that technically I was outside of my coverage. I've a photo of my odometer 3 weeks before renewal showing the updated reading. Would this be enough evidence to back date my insurance? And would I have to pay the $2000 excess if I were to have a crash?

Real I.Real Insurance

Hi Callianis. Please send us your policy details via a private message on Facebook and we will arrange for a Service Manager to be in contact with you shortly to clarify this matter. You can find us at www.facebook.com/Real.Insurance - thanks.

James

Jamesasked

Real Car Insurance

Hi there. Is it possible to cancel my policy online?

Glenn
Glenn

Hi James, I'm afraid I have no idea as I'm a customer not an employee of Real Insurance and haven't sort to cancel a policy.

Glenn.

Real I.Real Insurance

Hi James. If you would like to send us your policy details via a private message on Facebook we can arrange for a Service Manager to get in touch and explain the cancellation process. You can find us as www.facebook.com/Real.Insurance - thanks.

lee
lee

I think u have to call them. I did. I don't work for them. I am an ex customer.

Grantasked

Real Car Insurance

Do unused km on pay as you drive insurance carry forward on renewal? Your PDS says no. Your rep on phone call says yes but I'm reluctant to accept verbal assurance that conflicts with the PDS and certificate of insurance. I need written confirmation to confirm I am insured. Customercare don't answer emails on the topic. Why is this so hard to clarify?

realinsuranceReal Insurance

Hi Grant, If you can please private message me your policy details here: www.facebook.com/Real.Insurance we will be able to assist you. Thanks

Sam
Sam

Hi Grant, just wondering what was their response. I am in similar situation.

Grant

Sam - I ended up going with another insurer in the end. The messaging back from Real was inconsistent and I note that the PDS still states that you don't retain unused km on renewal. Everyone I spoke to at Real said that you do but I would hate to test this following a prang in the unused km period.

manoj m lomber

manoj m lomberasked

Real Car Insurance

I want to add the driver name in my insurance. please help?

realinsuranceReal Insurance

Hi Manoj, Please send us private Facebook message here: www.facebook.com/Real.Insurance including your policy details and we will arrange for someone to get in touch with you. Thanks

123456789000asked

Real Car Insurance

how good is r real insurance in paying claims, is it smoothly or terribly, they process claim refund easily or they don't claim any refund even if it is not my fault.

Kbh
Kbh

It was paid immediately. I just took my car to the panel shop and when I picked it up, I paid the excess to them and drove my car away :)

Saro

When you call for the claim, they do not attend to it promptly. They will make you wait and you have to keep calling them and then they are very rude to you over the phone. they will give you the details of the claim manager who never calls you but you have to chase them. Including the claim managaer and the staff who ever answers is, so rude everytime you call them and it is always a different person speaking to you as well, as the manager does ot follow up on anything.

The reason for me to call fair trading and ombudsman's office to follow the process was due to their horrible service and I was not getting a fair go. It is is my money which I pay for insurance of my car, and when you want to claim, they behave like it is their money that you are asking for.

Dez
Dez

Keep away ----> Untrust worthy

Shel

Shelasked

Real Car Insurance

Real insurance have declined my claim due to myself signing up to a debt agreement before I signed up to them which has nothing to do with car insurance so my question Is, am I entitled to all my money back for the reason I wasn't at all covered in the first place ?

Saro

Hi, I dont think I am qualified to answer to your question. But my advise to you will be to call the Insurance Law Services on 1 300 663 464 and get your advise from them. That's where I called as well and it is free and no obligations and they will tell you step by step as to how to handle Real Insurance.

I hope i have been of some help.

Cheers. :)