Renault Koleos H45

2015 model. How to you change time on clock

MMB

MMBasked

Koleos H45

Hi - I was going to drive my Renault Koleos (2008, 2.0L diesel, manual) up our fairly steep and short driveway, but immediately after starting the "injection system failure" and "stop" messages flashed up and the engine cut out. Most electronic functions failed. Next morning the error messages had "disappeared', but the car wouldn't start, battery seemed to lack power. I recharged the battery and tried again. Same result, the starter engine tries, but the engine won't start. The yellow engine warning is still on, but the "injection system failure" warning did not light up this time.
Now wondering whether to call a mobile mechanic (but could he fix this problem on my driveway?) or to get it towed to a European car dealership. I live near Sydney, Australia, not many Renault workshops arounds...
Thanks for your time,
Matthias

Ben A.

Ben A.asked

Koleos H45

When stuck in alot of traffic my clutch started to slip and my acceleration was bad

Mohammad K.

Mohammad K.asked

Hi guys,
I have renault koleos 2014 engine 2.5 4x4 petrol. i just go outside the city just about 100km i stope car. and then i start again after 10 min car start normal but when i put back gair it gives many alarms check exchast check air inlet and check injection and engine stop. and car system not going to off position. i reset battery but when connect battery car system Turn on directly. i cannot lock door also cannot start car. just on display showing check injection. i visit renault service center they said its ECU damage. and new ECU for this car very expansive.

can we use ECU from 2012 model koleos? as my car is 2014 model

anybody can help?

Superted2012

Superted2012asked

Koleos H45

I have a Koleos 2009 4x4 Privilege model and the Differential gear box has gone on it.
1. Is that a different unit to just a gear box ?
2. Also can I use an Nissan Xtrial Differential unit as a replacement as they share the same Chaise ?

Carrol W.

Carrol W.asked

Koleos H45

Hi Everyone. We have a 2010 Renault Koleos H45 Dynamique Wagon Automatic. Was driving it one day then a yellow light cme on and next day wouldn't drive. Long story short was told it needs new Transmission which would cost $10000.00. My question is does anyone know where I can get a refurbished one in Warrnambool. thank you in advance

Bonny N.

Bonny N.asked

Koleos H45

When I park my koleos 2015 after 3-4 hours it alway sound beep beep beep very loundly, I need to push some button of the car key to make the sound stop. what wrong with this situation can someone give me an advice please

Dianne W.

Dianne W.asked

Koleos H45

Hi I have a Koleos 09 just wondering about when do I replace timing belt/chain which is it belt or chain thanks

gordon hayes
gordon hayes

no mneed to

Terence Sandowasked

Koleos H45

Hi guys I have a 2009 renault koleos 2.0l Diesel.I've had the clutch replaced but since then it's randomly cutting out with an exhaust emission on display. Driving fast and slow it cuts out. If it idles it will idle fine for a while then give a rough idle and go dead it won't start after it cuts out but I found if I disconnect the computer box it will start. Any help?

Mookie

Sounds like when someone replaced the clutch they did not reattach the sensor wire to the oxygen sensor

Terence Sandow

Thank you any idea where I can I find it google doesn't show much on Renault koleos.

Ulricka P.

Ulricka P.asked

Koleos H45

I noticed on Sunday (after the end of daylight savings) that the time does not show on the screen anymore. It shows --:-- and it is also greyed out in settings. Whilst trying to find a solution, I pressed the home button and the navigation system turned itself off and all I could see was the Tom Tom logo flashing on/off even when the car was turned off. Anyway took SD card off, updated on PC, everything came back on again, except for the time. Everything else works fine. Anyone else experienced this?

Peter R.
Peter R.

My Megane did the same thing - no explanation yet ....

bills
bills

I also have this issue!

Barbara R.

Barbara R.asked

Koleos H45

Why is our koleos 2012 dunamique beeping randomly while drive all of a sudden sudden?

Megan M

Megan Masked

Koleos H45

Transmission Issues: I purchased my Renault Koleos in December 2009. Late 2017 I became aware of transmission whine between 110,000 Km service and 120,000 Km service. Advised by service people to "wait and see". Now told that "we have inspected the gearbox and found the oil is burnt and the noise if from inside the vehicle will require a new transmission, the quote from spares for the part alone is $9,409.
How many other vehicles are out there that have failed transmissions or was I just unlucky to pick a lemon?

Bruce
Bruce

Transmission bearing failed in similar model at 75 K. Repaired in Melbourne by an independent transmission repairer for $3.5.

Simon B

Simon Basked

Koleos H45

pasenger front window not working any 1 got video on how to change regulator?

Michelle Sasked

Koleos H45

I can't get the voice activation to work. It keeps telling me that the current voice is not recognised. Also the gps is not showing the correct speed limits and seems to tell me to turn the wrong direction. Egg turn right when it should be left. I can't purchase any items from the rink store as everything is greyed out. I have a used sport way.

Hello Michelle S,

Sounds like your multimedia unit may require a software update at the dealer, if an update is available. That is the only thing I can think of that may resolve it not understanding your voice as well as some of the map problems.

I too have noticed that the speed limits in our new Koleos are not always accurate. For example I pass a school that has been closed for many years and it still comes up and says it's a 25km/h zone. Could be worse, I have seen new Mazda's get main roads radically incorrect, 60km zone shown as 50km ect.

Michelle S

Thanks bzerk. I didn't buy the car from a Renault dealer (although it was from a car dealership) and they tell me they know nothing about Renaults. I did contact Renault direct and although they got back to me asking for the car details, they haven't bothered to follow up. I'm loving the car now that I'm learning all the different bits and pieces. It's so comfortable to drive long distances. I now Google before I leave so I'm not totally at the mercy of the GPS :)

Geoff

Geoffasked

Hi just done a oil change on my Renault koleos 20014 bose
And now car will not move back or forward or rev up as I did put the car up on car ramps the two front wheels, why is this?

Hi Geoff,

Very strange. Sounds like it could be an airlock or air bubble in the transmission fluid from being at an angle while on the ramps. Did you change the transmission fluid or just the motor oil? From my understanding many modern day transmissions are extremely sensitive to the fluid used.

If you are in roadside service (RAA, RACV ect), perhaps they can attend and check the OBD for any codes? There may not be modes if the check engine light hasn't illuminated.

Callie

Callieasked

Koleos H45

Hi all, ive recently purchased a koleos 2010 2.5l manual, need some assistance, when coming to a stop the revs drop slightly for a second then come back up normal idle, has anyone experienced this yet and what could the cause be?

Ken H.

Probably need a software scan by dealer (with laptop) or auto electrician to find problem.

R / Ken H

Hi Callie,

In many cars this can be a sign of a dirty or sticky throttle body. An easy and cheap thing to have cleaned at a mechanic.

Mookie

Hey ken H you are an idiot

Nell

Nellasked

Hi
I have a 2010 Renault Koleos that won’t start. Battery replaced about 6 months and is fine. Car unlocks, interior lights on, but nothing else. No warning lights on prior to this, no issues with the running of the car. It is at a Renault dealer and they can’t find the problem, no diagnosis, apparently getting no reading from any of the computers in the car. Have been told to replace the UHC also known as BCM but this may not fix problem. Has anyone ever experienced this problem or heard of this before? Many thanks.

Ken H.

Hi Nell, you don't mention where you are, or if the Koleos is petrol or diesel, 2 or 4wd.
Will assume its petrol and your in Victoria! That said, the same principals apply that these days the best mechanics are really smart Auto Electricians. You won't find them at a Dealership on their pay rates!
As cream goes to the top, look to a specialist European Auto Electrician such as JOBSON ELECTRONICS 189 Elgin St Carlton. Ph: (03)85955302 or 0419313800 (Google their website if your interstate, to see what you're looking for) Either way ring them with the problem, as electronic modules are often shared between brands. Plus, they often have the equipment to test rather than 'bung in a new one!
With a bit of luck they may have a mobile technician that can visit the Renault Dealership to assess your vehicle if in a capital city.
Keep an eye on the cars value (carsales.com) before you commit to major expense.
Our car is 4 year old (diesel) & we are in between Melbourne & Adelaide & have clocked up 78,000 km without a single problem.
The new Koleos has too much Nissan in it for me, so I have to decide one day, long warranty (Kia Sorrento) or established reliability & longevity (Isuzu MUX) SUV + they make the D-Max Ute too, BOTH (Diesel) have the same running gear and a great reputation with owners - the MUX I do favour.
The logic here is, if they stuffed up with either of these two vehicles, they would be out of business for personal transport. (they also have a commercial truck range)
I hope this has been helpfull. R / Ken, Nhill, Vic.

Gaurav R
Gaurav R

can you get the ignition on???? if yes try starting it with a spare key . if it does start key is the problem as uch cant receive the immobilizer code from the key to initiate starter .
if the ignition does not come on with both keys see if it registers the key and recognize them. if they are not recognized key reader is the problem .

AndrewFasked

Hi
I have 2012 Koleos Dynamic 4X4 diesel, the rheostat that controls the fan has blown and burnt the Plug that connects to it from the wiring loom, I am trying to replace the plug, apparently it is not a part you can order from Renault. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Regards
Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Have you searched for the part number online? There are quite a few online stores for car parts (large and small) these days.

Regards,

AndrewF

Thanks as far as I can tell there is no part number for the plug as it is part of the wiring loom, trying to get a picture of the plug so I can try on line

mthutt
mthutt

Hi i will have the plug you need ,have 6 koleos for parts and advice, Im private seller 0403759552

Ges

Gesasked

Koleos H45

Hi, i have Koleos 2012 Bose Andrzej I have problem with my radio, IT doesn't work. On the screen i have only hour andj temp. The radio has always backligh event the engineer stop. Any ideas?

Baxter
Baxter

That is an issue with the Koleos,the screen seems to freeze or not come on. When this first happened to me I researched the web and saw this was a common problem and many people take it back to the dealership to rectify. Or by the time they do it comes back on so hence they cannot show the problem they had. With any modern electronics or technology it can freeze up similar to a smart phone. My partner was in the car with me the day it first happened and said reset it like your phone. So I held the on button down in the right hand corner for five seconds and the display screen went blank and 2 minutes later it loaded back up. I must admit I have had to do it probably four times in eight months which can be annoying.

Pascal

Pascalasked

Koleos H45

Hi there does any owners of a 2012 Koleos had a reversing camera installed and could it be connected to the GPS screen?

Grahamd52
Grahamd52

I have a 2012 Bose Special and had the reversing camera fitted as a dealer option. All I can remember is that it cost about $200 and works a treat. It was done by some car Aurion place in Artarmon. Sorry I couldn’t help more.

Regards

Get an answer from our members and Renault representatives