Renault Koleos H45

66 questions from our users

Puneeth B.

Puneeth B.asked

Hey Guys,
I just purchased a 2014 Renault Koleos with 169000kms on the clock. Little did I know that the car's CVT is infamous for how reliable it can be. Does anyone here have a 2014 or earlier Koleos? How much mileage has your car racked up so far? I'm a little anxious now - what should I be doing to ensure this car continues running without giving me too much of a hard time.

Stevenj32

Have the transmission oil changed, its expensive, but should be done every 100,000 kilometres to assure the transmission survives, we will sell our Koleos, 2017 just before the warranty runs out, no faith in the transmission, ours has been terrible from brand new, never again.

bruceasked

hi I have a 2014 Koleos cvt with 120000km on it
no problems except when the battery is flat it must have more than 12 volts available also check terminals and if mounting bracket is lose this will give you all your warning lights.
I would like to know if I should service the transmission or leave it sealed.
it is great to drive especially on the dangerous M1 out of sydney
I am getting 8.3 litres/100 on 91 octane.

Stevenj32

The CVT needs an oil change, they quite commonly go at about 160,000kms,if not serviced and they are not repairable, at about $7000 to $9000 for a new one, we will sell our Koleos in one years time, just before the warranty runs out, as I don't trust the CVT, also our engine uses oil, not a lot, but still some from new, not good, I don't think I would buy another SUV with a cvt in it, ours gets about 7.8 litres per hundred on 98 fuel, hope this helps.

Thanks very much

Philip

The car shouldn't be using any oil at 120,000. Are you using the correct renault spec 5w-40? Nissan uses 5w-30 but that's for fuel economy reasons, and 5w-40 is for smoothness and longevity. This engine loves shell Ultra full synthetic. CVT servicing depends on how dirty it gets according to sensors - but preventative at 150,000k (normal driving conditions) is recommended if you found a good specialist.

Neil N

Neil Nasked

Koleos H45 (2008-2015)

Hi Guys, Please help with some advice, I have a 2011 Koleos 2,5l cvt and have had it for 8 years now with no issues, I have not driven it for a week now due to the covid-19 lockdown restrictions. This morning i tried starting the car but the car wouldnt start and shows a "check automatic gearbox" message. what could be the problem and how do i resolve it? The car has given no issues until this morning.

Please advise
regards,
Neil - Johannesburg - SA

AM24
AM24

Its common or all new cars to throw a real whammy when the battery is down on power or needs replacing. My sons Cleo had messages for gearbox and ecm and a new battery fixed the faults.

Philip

AM24 is correct - multiple codes will come up when battery is dead. Just replace battery and clear codes and see which ones continue. Use a trickle charger next time.

Rodney H.

Rodney H.asked

Koleos H45 (2008-2015)

I have lost my park lights on my koleos after playing with some trailer lights.All the other lights work fine, I am wondering if I have blown a fuse.I have checked all the fuses under the dash and checked each globe and they are fine,any ideas as I can only drive during daylight hours now.

Lee D.

Lee D.asked

Koleos H45 (2008-2015)

Does the 20.l diesel have a low pressure fuel pump in tank or just the high pressure pump attached to engine?

KayleneH

KayleneHasked

Hi there,
I was just driving my 2009 Koleos when I suddenly lost power and had a warning light of “check engine injection” which then disappeared and “Check ESP” came up. When pulling over, turning the car back on and off again the car drove fine. My mechanic took a look at the car and couldn’t find anything wrong with it. It has just happened again to me. Any advice? Thanks so much

Gediminas K.
Gediminas K.

Hi,
My suggestion would be to check your Koleos at car’s electricIan service, as it sounds for me more of electric issue than mechanic!
Cheers,
Gedi

Superted2012

I now have the exact same problem with my Koleos Privilege 2009 model, was there a solution to this problem ?

gordon hayesasked

Koleos H45 (2008-2015)

hello every now and then I find I have a flat battery. I have been told it is because I leave the starting card in.Also the computer is all haywire the read outs are all wrong ie fuel used lpg etc etc I wonder if it can be reprogramed

Cuong Nguyenasked

Koleos H45 (2008-2015)

When do I need change the timming belt for koleos 2013 model?

gordon hayes

there is no timing belt no change needed chain fitted that is petrol engine

Thank you so much!!!

Dan
Dan

This is not true. Timing belt changeover is at 120,000kms on petrol engin

belyndaasked

Koleos H45 (2008-2015)

I have a Koleos 2014 and it will not let me change the time, what can I do?

gordon hayes

belynda hello.i have one great cars it is very simple just use the two buttons in the enclosed dash. If this does not work there is a problem

belynda

I have followed the reset clock, but it will not go to the clock.

Kathy
Kathy

I just changed the time today. Select the time on the console. This will have just the time up. The bottom right plus symbol, hold down for a few secs and a reset time will come up. Make sure the adjust to daylight saving isn't selected. Then adjust the time. I suggest to re-select adjust to day light saving then exit. Hope this helps

Gbf

Gbfasked

2015 model. How to you change time on clock

belynda

I am having the same problem

MMB

MMBasked

Koleos H45 (2008-2015)

Hi - I was going to drive my Renault Koleos (2008, 2.0L diesel, manual) up our fairly steep and short driveway, but immediately after starting the "injection system failure" and "stop" messages flashed up and the engine cut out. Most electronic functions failed. Next morning the error messages had "disappeared', but the car wouldn't start, battery seemed to lack power. I recharged the battery and tried again. Same result, the starter engine tries, but the engine won't start. The yellow engine warning is still on, but the "injection system failure" warning did not light up this time.
Now wondering whether to call a mobile mechanic (but could he fix this problem on my driveway?) or to get it towed to a European car dealership. I live near Sydney, Australia, not many Renault workshops arounds...
Thanks for your time,
Matthias

Ben A.

Ben A.asked

Koleos H45 (2008-2015)

When stuck in alot of traffic my clutch started to slip and my acceleration was bad

Mohammad K.

Mohammad K.asked

Hi guys,
I have renault koleos 2014 engine 2.5 4x4 petrol. i just go outside the city just about 100km i stope car. and then i start again after 10 min car start normal but when i put back gair it gives many alarms check exchast check air inlet and check injection and engine stop. and car system not going to off position. i reset battery but when connect battery car system Turn on directly. i cannot lock door also cannot start car. just on display showing check injection. i visit renault service center they said its ECU damage. and new ECU for this car very expansive.

can we use ECU from 2012 model koleos? as my car is 2014 model

anybody can help?

Superted2012asked

Koleos H45 (2008-2015)

I have a Koleos 2009 4x4 Privilege model and the Differential gear box has gone on it.
1. Is that a different unit to just a gear box ?
2. Also can I use an Nissan Xtrial Differential unit as a replacement as they share the same Chaise ?

Carrol W.

Carrol W.asked

Koleos H45 (2008-2015)

Hi Everyone. We have a 2010 Renault Koleos H45 Dynamique Wagon Automatic. Was driving it one day then a yellow light cme on and next day wouldn't drive. Long story short was told it needs new Transmission which would cost $10000.00. My question is does anyone know where I can get a refurbished one in Warrnambool. thank you in advance

Bonny N.

Bonny N.asked

Koleos H45 (2008-2015)

When I park my koleos 2015 after 3-4 hours it alway sound beep beep beep very loundly, I need to push some button of the car key to make the sound stop. what wrong with this situation can someone give me an advice please

Dianne W.

Dianne W.asked

Koleos H45 (2008-2015)

Hi I have a Koleos 09 just wondering about when do I replace timing belt/chain which is it belt or chain thanks

no mneed to

Terence Sandowasked

Koleos H45 (2008-2015)

Hi guys I have a 2009 renault koleos 2.0l Diesel.I've had the clutch replaced but since then it's randomly cutting out with an exhaust emission on display. Driving fast and slow it cuts out. If it idles it will idle fine for a while then give a rough idle and go dead it won't start after it cuts out but I found if I disconnect the computer box it will start. Any help?

Mookie
Mookie

Sounds like when someone replaced the clutch they did not reattach the sensor wire to the oxygen sensor

Terence Sandow

Thank you any idea where I can I find it google doesn't show much on Renault koleos.

Michael C.
Michael C.

if you stand on the drivers side look down the back of the engine on the manifold ,the plug is along the bulkhead you have to remove the air intake pipe to get to it

Ulricka P.

Ulricka P.asked

Koleos H45 (2008-2015)

I noticed on Sunday (after the end of daylight savings) that the time does not show on the screen anymore. It shows --:-- and it is also greyed out in settings. Whilst trying to find a solution, I pressed the home button and the navigation system turned itself off and all I could see was the Tom Tom logo flashing on/off even when the car was turned off. Anyway took SD card off, updated on PC, everything came back on again, except for the time. Everything else works fine. Anyone else experienced this?

Peter R.
Peter R.

My Megane did the same thing - no explanation yet ....

bills
bills

I also have this issue!

Barbara R.

Barbara R.asked

Koleos H45 (2008-2015)

Why is our koleos 2012 dunamique beeping randomly while drive all of a sudden sudden?

Other Midsize / Medium SUVs