Renault Koleos H45

61 questions from our users

KayleneH

KayleneHasked

Hi there,
I was just driving my 2009 Koleos when I suddenly lost power and had a warning light of “check engine injection” which then disappeared and “Check ESP” came up. When pulling over, turning the car back on and off again the car drove fine. My mechanic took a look at the car and couldn’t find anything wrong with it. It has just happened again to me. Any advice? Thanks so much

Gediminas K.
Gediminas K.

Hi,
My suggestion would be to check your Koleos at car’s electricIan service, as it sounds for me more of electric issue than mechanic!
Cheers,
Gedi

gordon hayesasked

hello every now and then I find I have a flat battery. I have been told it is because I leave the starting card in.Also the computer is all haywire the read outs are all wrong ie fuel used lpg etc etc I wonder if it can be reprogramed

Cuong Nguyenasked

When do I need change the timming belt for koleos 2013 model?

gordon hayes

there is no timing belt no change needed chain fitted that is petrol engine

Thank you so much!!!

belyndaasked

I have a Koleos 2014 and it will not let me change the time, what can I do?

gordon hayes

belynda hello.i have one great cars it is very simple just use the two buttons in the enclosed dash. If this does not work there is a problem

belynda

I have followed the reset clock, but it will not go to the clock.

Gbf

Gbfasked

2015 model. How to you change time on clock

belynda

I am having the same problem

MMB

MMBasked

Hi - I was going to drive my Renault Koleos (2008, 2.0L diesel, manual) up our fairly steep and short driveway, but immediately after starting the "injection system failure" and "stop" messages flashed up and the engine cut out. Most electronic functions failed. Next morning the error messages had "disappeared', but the car wouldn't start, battery seemed to lack power. I recharged the battery and tried again. Same result, the starter engine tries, but the engine won't start. The yellow engine warning is still on, but the "injection system failure" warning did not light up this time.
Now wondering whether to call a mobile mechanic (but could he fix this problem on my driveway?) or to get it towed to a European car dealership. I live near Sydney, Australia, not many Renault workshops arounds...
Thanks for your time,
Matthias

Ben A.

Ben A.asked

When stuck in alot of traffic my clutch started to slip and my acceleration was bad

Mohammad K.

Mohammad K.asked

Hi guys,
I have renault koleos 2014 engine 2.5 4x4 petrol. i just go outside the city just about 100km i stope car. and then i start again after 10 min car start normal but when i put back gair it gives many alarms check exchast check air inlet and check injection and engine stop. and car system not going to off position. i reset battery but when connect battery car system Turn on directly. i cannot lock door also cannot start car. just on display showing check injection. i visit renault service center they said its ECU damage. and new ECU for this car very expansive.

can we use ECU from 2012 model koleos? as my car is 2014 model

anybody can help?

Superted2012

Superted2012asked

I have a Koleos 2009 4x4 Privilege model and the Differential gear box has gone on it.
1. Is that a different unit to just a gear box ?
2. Also can I use an Nissan Xtrial Differential unit as a replacement as they share the same Chaise ?

Carrol W.

Carrol W.asked

Hi Everyone. We have a 2010 Renault Koleos H45 Dynamique Wagon Automatic. Was driving it one day then a yellow light cme on and next day wouldn't drive. Long story short was told it needs new Transmission which would cost $10000.00. My question is does anyone know where I can get a refurbished one in Warrnambool. thank you in advance

Bonny N.

Bonny N.asked

When I park my koleos 2015 after 3-4 hours it alway sound beep beep beep very loundly, I need to push some button of the car key to make the sound stop. what wrong with this situation can someone give me an advice please

Dianne W.

Dianne W.asked

Hi I have a Koleos 09 just wondering about when do I replace timing belt/chain which is it belt or chain thanks

no mneed to

Terence Sandowasked

Hi guys I have a 2009 renault koleos 2.0l Diesel.I've had the clutch replaced but since then it's randomly cutting out with an exhaust emission on display. Driving fast and slow it cuts out. If it idles it will idle fine for a while then give a rough idle and go dead it won't start after it cuts out but I found if I disconnect the computer box it will start. Any help?

Mookie

Sounds like when someone replaced the clutch they did not reattach the sensor wire to the oxygen sensor

Terence Sandow

Thank you any idea where I can I find it google doesn't show much on Renault koleos.

Ulricka P.

Ulricka P.asked

I noticed on Sunday (after the end of daylight savings) that the time does not show on the screen anymore. It shows --:-- and it is also greyed out in settings. Whilst trying to find a solution, I pressed the home button and the navigation system turned itself off and all I could see was the Tom Tom logo flashing on/off even when the car was turned off. Anyway took SD card off, updated on PC, everything came back on again, except for the time. Everything else works fine. Anyone else experienced this?

Peter R.
Peter R.

My Megane did the same thing - no explanation yet ....

bills
bills

I also have this issue!

Barbara R.

Barbara R.asked

Why is our koleos 2012 dunamique beeping randomly while drive all of a sudden sudden?

Megan M

Megan Masked

Transmission Issues: I purchased my Renault Koleos in December 2009. Late 2017 I became aware of transmission whine between 110,000 Km service and 120,000 Km service. Advised by service people to "wait and see". Now told that "we have inspected the gearbox and found the oil is burnt and the noise if from inside the vehicle will require a new transmission, the quote from spares for the part alone is $9,409.
How many other vehicles are out there that have failed transmissions or was I just unlucky to pick a lemon?

Bruce
Bruce

Transmission bearing failed in similar model at 75 K. Repaired in Melbourne by an independent transmission repairer for $3.5.

Simon B

Simon Basked

pasenger front window not working any 1 got video on how to change regulator?

Michelle Sasked

I can't get the voice activation to work. It keeps telling me that the current voice is not recognised. Also the gps is not showing the correct speed limits and seems to tell me to turn the wrong direction. Egg turn right when it should be left. I can't purchase any items from the rink store as everything is greyed out. I have a used sport way.

Hello Michelle S,

Sounds like your multimedia unit may require a software update at the dealer, if an update is available. That is the only thing I can think of that may resolve it not understanding your voice as well as some of the map problems.

I too have noticed that the speed limits in our new Koleos are not always accurate. For example I pass a school that has been closed for many years and it still comes up and says it's a 25km/h zone. Could be worse, I have seen new Mazda's get main roads radically incorrect, 60km zone shown as 50km ect.

Michelle S

Thanks bzerk. I didn't buy the car from a Renault dealer (although it was from a car dealership) and they tell me they know nothing about Renaults. I did contact Renault direct and although they got back to me asking for the car details, they haven't bothered to follow up. I'm loving the car now that I'm learning all the different bits and pieces. It's so comfortable to drive long distances. I now Google before I leave so I'm not totally at the mercy of the GPS :)

Geoff

Geoffasked

Hi just done a oil change on my Renault koleos 20014 bose
And now car will not move back or forward or rev up as I did put the car up on car ramps the two front wheels, why is this?

Hi Geoff,

Very strange. Sounds like it could be an airlock or air bubble in the transmission fluid from being at an angle while on the ramps. Did you change the transmission fluid or just the motor oil? From my understanding many modern day transmissions are extremely sensitive to the fluid used.

If you are in roadside service (RAA, RACV ect), perhaps they can attend and check the OBD for any codes? There may not be modes if the check engine light hasn't illuminated.

Callie

Callieasked

Hi all, ive recently purchased a koleos 2010 2.5l manual, need some assistance, when coming to a stop the revs drop slightly for a second then come back up normal idle, has anyone experienced this yet and what could the cause be?

Ken H.
Ken H.

Probably need a software scan by dealer (with laptop) or auto electrician to find problem.

R / Ken H

Hi Callie,

In many cars this can be a sign of a dirty or sticky throttle body. An easy and cheap thing to have cleaned at a mechanic.

Mookie

Hey ken H you are an idiot

Get an answer from our members and Renault representatives

Other Midsize / Medium SUVs