2Sharesight

Sharesight Questions & Answers

Verifiedsharesight.com
Estella M.
Estella M.

Hi! I am a share-trader so CGT doesn’t apply to me. My question is: can I use Sharesight to calculate profit and loss based on the cost price of share purchases?

Bradley Warburton
Bradley Warburton

How long would it take me to receive money from my trading account once I requested a withdraw ?

Sharesight   DM

Hi Bradley, Not sure if you know that Sharesight is a tracking platform. We do not offer any brokerage services.

Team at Sharesight.

Alan

Does Sharesight support watch lists and if so how many?

regards

Sharesight   DM

Hi Alan We don't have an explicit watchlist feature. Many users, however, use one of their portfolios as a watchlist.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Alan

Does Sharesight support US options?

Sharesight   DM

Hi Alan No, we don't support any options yet.

S. Mathieson

Could you please advise what your brokerage fees are

Ian G.
Ian G.

I pay brokerage to my stockbrokers, not Sharesight. Sharesight is not a broker. You can't buy or sell shares using their platform. Sharesight only records the trades you make through a broker, and charge monthly or annual fees depending on the portfolio plan you select. The most expensive plan is $39/month and the cheapest (apart from the basic free plan) is $15/month. I hope this answers your question.

S. Mathieson

Thank you for your answer. That helps a lot. I'm a complete beginner trying to navigate my way through the world of share trading.

Sharesight   DM

Thanks for the answer, Ian.

Papa Taiga.
Papa Taiga.

Is SS able to track my Cryptocurrency investments traded via Coinspot AUS, as well as Coinbase and Binance US ?

Sharesight   DM

Hi Papa Thanks for the question. We currently don't support it. Can you please email us at supprt@sharesight.com, and we could look to add it in the future?

Thanks,

Gail Baird

I am starting with a company call NPL index analysis and I need a Data ASX provider. Each day I need to download the Data after 4pm. They have put me with a Data provider named Industry Data. This is my first time at this so I am wondering what kind of help I will get?

Winston
Winston

THis is difficult to answer without knowing what specific data you are looking to download. Is it overall market data (e.g. daily turnover in total or stock or index specific.

Gail Baird

It is only AXS data for trading purposes

Onn B.
Onn B.

I tried to up load CSV files and nothing looks right!
Where do i look for help?

Sharesight   DM

Hi Onn, Please contact us on support@sharesight.com. We'll definitely be able to sort it out.

Thanks,

ecco
ecco

I am thinking of trying the xero/sharesight integration. I already use Sharesight. I require the multi currency xero plan and also budgeting. I would be interested in any feedback from someone who is already using the xero/sharesight integration who can let me know how they found it. Thanks in advance.

Sharesight   DM

Hi ecco Thanks for your question. We've got reviews on the Xero app marketplace. I have attached the link to it below.

external link

Let us know if have any other questions.

Robert K.
Robert K.

what constitutes a portfolio in sharesight

Sharesight   DM

Hi Robert, In Sharesight terms, a portfolio is tax entity. For example, if you have shares/managed funds in your SMSF and outside SMSF, then those are 2 portfolios - basically, things that are taxed differently.

Hope this helps.

Rob Brun

I think Sharesight is great but the one thing I find frustrating is that if you have more than 1 portfolio any new share transaction appears in your number 1 portfolio and not necessarily in the portfolio in which that share is located. You then have to go in and change it manually. Is there a way around this?

Sharesight   DM

Hi Rob This is a small setup issue. We can easily sort this out for you. Can you send an email to support@sharesight.com?

Sure. Thanks Prashant

Hi Sharesight customer service,
We had CMC account which are no longer used, because of sharesight account was set up from them, we can not cancel it because we are afraid of loosing data from sharesight, when opening new account from SelfWealth, we don't know what to do, always in sharesight there are trades were mixed between our joint account and our superannuation account, we have to manually delete superannuation trades in sharesight, but we can not do that from time to time , we know that always there are a solution, please help us how to manage our porfolio, leave our joint account in sharesight only without losing any previous data. Thanks
Ngoc Vinh Nguyen

Sharesight   DM

Hi Ngoc Vinh Can you please send an email to support@sharesight.com? We will be able to sort this out for you.

Hi Prashant,
Thank you for your reply, we have sent our request to sharesight and the matters are in hand with Ricky now, thanks.

Rob Law

Can I get dividend information direct from the share registry?
Are dividends checked against bank account?
Will it automatically update CommSec buys and sells?
What is supplied in each version of the program?
Will it cope with company share offers?
Who can see the information I put in the program?
Can I feed existing information into the program using a CSV file?
Regards Rob

julianw
julianw

Most of those questions are yes, but you can do your own due diligence.
You're obviously smart enough to do that.
It works for me

Chris C.
Chris C.

Hi Rob,
Sharesight handles dividends, splits, bonus shares, takeovers brilliantly. It is all auto fill as long as you have the number of initially accurate. I check every dividend payt against Sharesight and its 100% accurate. My buys and sells via CommSec are updated by Sharesight. The admin work you need to do to professionally run a portfolio is pretty much handled automatically.
Regards
Chris C

Hi Chris and Julian
Thanks for the information. I will contact Sharesight direct and check it out.
Regards
Rob

Sharesight   DM

Hi Rob Thanks for the questions. Thank you so much to Julian and Chris, for all your responses.

Rob, you can sign up for a FREE account with Sharesight and try us out. I'm sure you'll find it a great tool to manage your portfolio.

Let us know if we can help with any questions. Please email support@sharesight.com if you have any specific questions.

Lomray ty Ltd

I am computer illiterate.
I need assistance to access whatever information your organisation has of mine.
I need someone to read this question who does not laugh at me.
Victor Batten phone 0402229587

Sharesight   DM

Hi Victor Can you please send an email with your query to support@sharesight.com, and one of our friendly support team will respond to your query.

Lomray ty Ltd

I have asked many times for someone to tell me how I can get into MY part of Sharesight.
My name is Victor Batten. [details removed]
My investing organ is Lomray P/L.
Maybe the usual ignoring of me will change?

Lomray ty Ltd

Did a human read what I wasted time writing?

Sharesight   DM

Hi Victor Sorry you had to wait to get this answer. There was a glitch on product review because of which we didn't receive any notifications.

Can you please send an email to support@sharesight.com. All your details were stripped off by Product review so we don't have it to track down your details.

Thanks and regards,
Prashant

Get an answer from our members and Sharesight representatives