Sharesight Questions & Answers

5 questions from our users

Rob Brunasked

I think Sharesight is great but the one thing I find frustrating is that if you have more than 1 portfolio any new share transaction appears in your number 1 portfolio and not necessarily in the portfolio in which that share is located. You then have to go in and change it manually. Is there a way around this?

Hi Rob

This is a small setup issue. We can easily sort this out for you. Can you send an email to support@sharesight.com?

Sure. Thanks Prashant

Ngoc Vinh Nasked

Hi Sharesight customer service,
We had CMC account which are no longer used, because of sharesight account was set up from them, we can not cancel it because we are afraid of loosing data from sharesight, when opening new account from SelfWealth, we don't know what to do, always in sharesight there are trades were mixed between our joint account and our superannuation account, we have to manually delete superannuation trades in sharesight, but we can not do that from time to time , we know that always there are a solution, please help us how to manage our porfolio, leave our joint account in sharesight only without losing any previous data. Thanks
Ngoc Vinh Nguyen

Hi Ngoc Vinh

Can you please send an email to support@sharesight.com? We will be able to sort this out for you.

Hi Prashant,
Thank you for your reply, we have sent our request to sharesight and the matters are in hand with Ricky now, thanks.

Rob Lawasked

Can I get dividend information direct from the share registry?
Are dividends checked against bank account?
Will it automatically update CommSec buys and sells?
What is supplied in each version of the program?
Will it cope with company share offers?
Who can see the information I put in the program?
Can I feed existing information into the program using a CSV file?
Regards Rob

julianw
julianw

Most of those questions are yes, but you can do your own due diligence.
You're obviously smart enough to do that.
It works for me

Chris C.
Chris C.

Hi Rob,
Sharesight handles dividends, splits, bonus shares, takeovers brilliantly. It is all auto fill as long as you have the number of initially accurate. I check every dividend payt against Sharesight and its 100% accurate. My buys and sells via CommSec are updated by Sharesight. The admin work you need to do to professionally run a portfolio is pretty much handled automatically.
Regards
Chris C

Hi Chris and Julian
Thanks for the information. I will contact Sharesight direct and check it out.
Regards
Rob

Lomray ty Ltdasked

I am computer illiterate.
I need assistance to access whatever information your organisation has of mine.
I need someone to read this question who does not laugh at me.
Victor Batten phone 0402229587

Hi Victor

Can you please send an email with your query to support@sharesight.com, and one of our friendly support team will respond to your query.

Lomray ty Ltdasked

I have asked many times for someone to tell me how I can get into MY part of Sharesight.
My name is Victor Batten. [details removed]
My investing organ is Lomray P/L.
Maybe the usual ignoring of me will change?

Lomray ty Ltd

Did a human read what I wasted time writing?

Hi Victor

Sorry you had to wait to get this answer. There was a glitch on product review because of which we didn't receive any notifications.

Can you please send an email to support@sharesight.com. All your details were stripped off by Product review so we don't have it to track down your details.

Thanks and regards,
Prashant

Get an answer from our members and Sharesight representatives