Subaru Liberty 6GEN

Subaru Liberty 6GEN (2014-2020) Questions & Answers

Also referred to as: Subaru Liberty 6GEN 2019 and Subaru Liberty 6GEN 2021. 2.5i, 2.5i Premium, 3.6R, 2.5i Fleet Edition
4.3 from 18 reviews · View Details

5 questions from our users

gegee2301

gegee2301asked

Liberty 6GEN (2014-2020)

I thinking of buying a Liberty 2018. not sure on the reversing sensor system as there are no sensors Can you confirm that there is beeping when reversing as you get closer.
also the display screen is it visible easy, I am concerned how it is on a slight angle.

Subaru Australia
SubaruSubaru Australia

Hi @ gegee2301, The MY18 Liberty has the rear view reverse camera as standard on all model variants. Now, the camera does not have an audible alert, only visual. However, as an accessory there are front and reverse parking sensors that you can order through one of our parts and accessories retailers. The Subaru Team. http://bit.ly/2WZZ8yv

Matt

Mattasked

Liberty 6GEN (2014-2020)

What are the Plus( + ) and Minus( - ) buttons located on the right hand side of the passenger seat warmers used for on the 2017 3.6R Liberty

Michael R.

Michael R.asked

Whyhasour2018subarulibertyscreendied

Narelle
Narelle

Hi Michael,
As I’m based in Victoria I haven’t had experience with Jupiter Motors, or this particular issue, but if the car is under warranty maybe you could try a different Subaru Dealer (second opinion). It may not help at all, but I recently got my 2018 Liberty serviced at Eastern Subaru where they did a software update on my head unit...maybe you could call Eastern (ask for service department) and ask them for some advice. I know they are in Vic, but they may be able to point you in the right direction. Or, just give another Dealer in your state a call-they might have some advice.

Michael R.

Michael R.asked

Ourscreenhasdiedand jupiter moterscantfixit

CN779

CN779asked

Liberty 6GEN (2014-2020)

We are in the market to buy a medium size car - Subaru Liberty 2016 model (automatic) or a 5 seat SUV like Subaru Forester or Honda CRV. We would love to hear from anyone who owned one of these vehicles - preferably 2015 or 2016 models about their good and bad points. Only looking for an automatic car or SUV. We are also consider buying a C class or BMW 3 series may be diesel models.

mauricek
mauricek

Hello,
I am sorry I can't help you with your decision about which 2016 vehicle. My Subaru Liberty is an older 2002 RX model which now done 270,000klms.
It may help to say that my Subaru is the best car I have ever owned from the point of reliability.
It seems you are looking to a vehicle with all wheel drive and you will find that the Subaru symmetrical AWD is a better system than Honda AWD.
You may find that Subaru vehicles are more expensive to maintain as far as parts and service but if given the option to buy a newer vehicle,the Forester would be my choice.
Subaru also make the smaller XV which is also an SUV.
Hope this helps.

Gopher
Gopher

Hi, I am currently driving a Subaru Liberty 2.5i sedan which I have had for 12 months and am overall very happy with the vehicle. It is a good balance between vehicle size and internal space. Would pay a lot more in other vehicles to get the safety features of the Liberty. Good leg room in the rear. Good fuel economy around town and on the open road. The "S" button to put the gerabox into sport mode gives the vehicle a noticeable pick up in performance. Paddle shifters good as I like to use the gears rather than let the CVT gearbox do its own thing. Car has done about 18,000ks mostly around town and has had only need for routine, scheduled servicing. Nothing failing, feels solid. Boot size is pretty good, only 3 litres less in capacity I believe to Holden Commodore. Would like seats to have electric adjustement compared to manual lever particularly when others drive the car and leave seating position the way they want. Digital clock is very small and somewhat diificult to read as closer to passengers side. Car looks good with 18" wheels and 225x50 series low profile tyres. AWD great in the wet. Ride can be a little firm at times with the low profile tyres but handling very good. Safety features excellent with iSight pre collision warning and lane deviation warning. Plenty of air bags for front and rear occupants. Rear view camera which is standard has a clear image and better than other more expensive vehicles. I had rear sensors fitted as they are not standard on the 2.5i model. Doors feel solid when closing. My wife and I test drove the Forester 2.5i and settled on the Liberty as we did not need a SUV. We felt the Liberty was nicer to drive, was more comfortable and better appointed inside. Having said that, would probably buy a Forester if looking for a SUV. I would rather purchase the Liberty compared to a C Class Mercedes or BMW 3 series. The latter are more expensive to purchase, depreciate rapidly after a few years and the diesels once the kilometres rise get very expensive to service/maintain if go through a dealership. What you might save on fuel is swallowed up in servicing costs. Mercedes expensive when buying spare parts.

Garry
Garry

Hi, we've had our 2015 liberty 2.5i premium for about 18 months, just clocked up 19000km and are very happy with it. We traded a SUV and were debating between a liberty and a forester, but decided to go with the liberty. Very impressed with fuel economy, ride and general feel of the car. Leather heated seats are comfy for long distances( which are 8 way electrically adjustable) and have 2 memory positions which is very handy. We had a slight problem with a spongey rear end when loaded, but our local agent upgraded this for us at no charge and now its great. I've heard the 2016 models come standard with this upgrade. Safety wise the isight system is very good, already helping prevent a rear end collision in city traffic and assists with cruise control on the open road. This model has had 2 minor recalls but only for adjustments to computer programming for issues that may develop. All up it's not perfect but it is a very nice car.

Get an answer from our members and Subaru Australia representatives