3Sunbeam Compact Barista Espresso EMM2900SS

VerifiedMPNs:19378, 847239 and EMM2900SS
3Sunbeam Compact Barista Espresso EMM2900SS
Tess D.
Tess D.

My machine now beeps with all buttons flashing when I turn it on. Does this mean it needs to be descaled? How do I do this?

Edward W.
Edward W.

Does anyone know if you can upgrade to a bottomless portafilter? It says it's a 52mm group head. I can only find 51mm or 53mm replacements. Could anyone share some insight into the compatability? Is it possible to get down to 51mm? Or up to 53mm?

Is t.
Is t.

Hi i am cappuccino lover. Is it good for me

Rebekah Daly

Hi, I have just descaled my compact barista machine and since doing that, when turning on machine, the 1 cup, 2 cup & steam icons flash off and on for about 5 or more times. Is this normal? The coffee making goes well but I’m just not sure if I have descaled my machine the right way?
Thanks, Rebekah

Kristian C.
Kristian C.

You need to press and hold the 1and 2 cup bottoms together for 5 seconds to stop the message coming up again from memory

Thanks Kristian!

RobMid

Can someone please RECOMMEND GROUND COFFEE for the Compact Espresso machine that produces coffee that TASTES LIKE COFFEE FROM A SHOP?
We are just finishing off some Aldi coffee recommend by choice but it's quite loose and doesn't tamp very well, even with an aluminium tamper. The final brew is a reasonable colour but has very little flavour.

Richard

I use beans and a very good grinder . The bought ground coffee appears to be finer than my favourite grind setting. Loose setting would make it weak and reduce flavour. If it's any help to my grind time is 7 seconds with a grind size of 18.(2 shot).

Thanks Richard.
I guess what I really need to know, is whether there is a pre ground coffee that tastes the way coffee SHOULD taste.

I'll keep your message for when my basic skills improve and I take a step up and grind my own.

Cheers, Rob

Richard

Hi Rob, As mentioned I use beans but 2 brands I like are Vittoria and Lavazza intensity no 7 ( one of the higher strength ones). It helps to find 2 you like as sometimes one is not available or one of them has jumped in price considerably.

RobMid

Thanks Richard. We will follow that up otherwise I'll end up running in ever diminishing circles until I vanish. Cheers, Rob

SarahT
SarahT

Hi, I’ve had to descale my machine and I followed the instructions in the manual perfectly; but I am having trouble still flushing out the solution, I’ve flushed it more then 10 times now and I mean 10 whole refills of the water tank. And it still has a bit of chemicals in the water. Has this happened to anyone else? I’m scared to drink from it.

Dennis Tablizo

Flushing more than times is way more than enough to rinse off the solution. Usually, the water would look murky but it Usually clears up in seconds..

Henry
Henry

My sunbeam is making three beeps after the coffee is poured , any idea what that means ?

Dennis Tablizo

How long have you had the machine? Have long ago since the last descaling?

Carol
Carol

Our machine is great but has started to not run out at all. When the coffee is not on yet, water will run out, but once we put the group handle on with coffee in it, no coffee comes out. We have cleaned the machine and the steel coffee shot ‘baskets’ and normal water runs through these, but when filled with coffee they seem blocked, or there is no pressure pushing it through- if that makes sense?

Dennis Tablizo

I can only guess you may have grinded your coffee beans too fine. Try adjusting the grinder settings to make it course or less fine.

Shirley

Why would my coffee machine dispense cold water instead of hot water.
The lights don’t flash when first started up, this machine is only a few days old

Dennis Tablizo

That doesn't sound normal. Once you turn on the machine, it usually heats up for seconds to be ready for use. You may want to take it back to where you bought it.

Shirley

Thank you Dennis I think I will as I have just rang the Australian sunbeam contact number and was told there are no representatives in Australia to help me
After 3 failed connection calls I was speaking to an overseas representative

Beryl F.
Beryl F.

Has anyone been able to purchase a dosing funnel to fit the Barista Compact EMM2900SS?

Sonya B.

I can't program the shot sizes. Followed instructions but doesn't work. I have reset factory settings but still no go. Any suggestions?.

Sunbeam
Sunbeam   DM

Hi Sonya, the Compact Barista Coffee Machine has preset shots so it can't be adjusted. We suggest to get in touch and give us a call at 1300 881 861 between 10am to 6pm - Monday - Friday AEST so our team can help you with your machine. Thanks.

Sonya B.

That's not according to the manual. It says double shot can be programmed from 60 to 110mil.

Kael
Kael

Does anyone know why I can't brew coffee immediately after using the steam wand? After I use the steam wand my machine will flash the 1cup and 2cup buttons for minutes and I'll either have to wait until they stop or sometimes I can get it to work after fiddling with the hot water dispenser. Any tips on how to brew immediately after using the steam wand?

Lauren S.
Lauren S.

Just used my machine first for the first time and the group handle with basket is very difficult to lock in, quite stiff. To the point that I couldn't get it in without holding the machine in place with my upper body. Have tried a few times hoping it would loosen it but no luck. Is this normal?

D M.
D M.

I have the same feeling but it is loosening the more I use it

Sunbeam
Sunbeam   DM

Hi Lauren, Yes, this is normal for new machines.
It will feel tight the first several uses but, over time, it will loosen and the group handle will lock in effortlessly.
Sunbeam Customer Care

Cameron R.
Cameron R.

Hi, you are overfilling your shots.

Richard

I used small pliers to ease the tightness

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives