Sunbeam Cafe Series Espresso EM7000

Sunbeam Cafe Series Espresso EM7000 Questions & Answers

EM7000 (Stainless), EM7000RE (Red), EM7000G (Graphite), etc...

178 questions from our users

Roger Goebel

Roger Goebelasked

Cafe Series Espresso EM7000 (Stainless)

What is the maximum cup height that can be used with this machine

Loyal Sunbeam customer

Loyal Sunbeam customerasked

My machine has been leaking underneath for quite a while now and I can't find the leak or stop it. It is ruining my bench what do I do it is still under warranty

iain

when did you buy the machine?? have you checked the water container hasnt got a crack in it? or does it only leak when its turned out?

It is actually the model with the grinder and this is the replacement from my original purchase last year. Reservoir is not damaged from what I can see. I think it is leaking underneath

its not a em7000 then if the grinder is built into it

David B.

David B.asked

My second EM7000 is about to expire. The first one made about 10000 cups over 7 1/2 years, the second about 8000 over 6 and a bit. I love these machines. Can I buy a new one at Bing Lee or DJs? I want NO other machine.

Hello David,
So happy to hear that you love your Sunbeam coffee!
The Good Guys range the EM7000 right now, give them a go.

Robyn

Robynasked

My EM7000 is 7 months out of its 12mth warranty. Last weekend I replaced the seal as it started to spray coffee everywhere whilst making my coffee. After replacing the seal it was worse than ever. I spoke to a coffee machine repairer they advised me to take the new seal out and make sure there weren't coffee grounds between the seal and around the head. When I unscrewed the shower head, I noticed a small hole in the head. It wasnt there when i replaced the seal. It looks like a tiny rust hole. I clean my machine regularly. My last smaller machine lasted 10 yrs using it everyday and I am not doing anything different. Why would this happen under 2 yrs? You might expect it to happen after 10 yrs.

iain

sounds like coffee to fine and is backing it up. try to make it courser and put less in it.

Anita B.

Anita B.asked

Cafe Series Espresso EM7000 (Stainless)

I have lost the rubber blind filter... can i use a commercial one? I can borrow one from my work

iain

i never got one in my box when i bought it new but a commercial metal blink filter does fit in the group heads , just like the VST baskets fit in them.

Anita B.

Anita B.asked

Hi. Can you use a commercial blind filter on the em7100? I've lost my rubber one but can borrow the one from my work but it is a commercial one.

Brett D.

Brett D.asked

Hi, ive had my EM7000 for just over a year now, ive just replaced the group head seal as i wasnt able to make the proper pressure. I have my sunbeam grinder EM0480 as fine as it can go and im having to tamp the coffee as hard as i can to just make pressure or fall short of it. Ive ran a cleaning tablet thru with no success. Any information would be helpful. Thank you

iain

Check to see if you can out a washer under bottom grinder blade after tou take it off. Will lift it up making it able to be adjusted finer.

Kaeren S.

Kaeren S.asked

My Em7000 seems to have steam pressure problems - no pressure to texture or heat the milk. I have cleaned the machine both the thermo block and steam and thermo descaling. I can hear the pump working and the thermo block is hot so I'm not sure what is wrong with it. My machine is 6 1/2 years old and worked well all this time.

Hello Kaeren S.
So sorry to hear about this, we do have sunbeam repair agents that will be able to assist you further. Find your closest agent here: https://www.sunbeam.com.au/en/Service-Agent-Locator/

Cheryl

Cherylasked

I have had this machine for about 3 months when I press button for coffee nothing comes out of that part just water comes through water spout instead steam wand working ok?

Hello Cheryl,
Better be safe and return to your retailer and have then assess the machine for you.

Phillip M.

Phillip M.asked

the steam knob on my machine is getting very hard to turn on and off.
Are there any drawings that show how to dismantle it and apply some grease in the correct areas?

Hello Phillip M.
No, we do not have anything that illustrates how to do that. Can I ask how long you've had the product?

Paul W.

Paul W.asked

Hi my 8month old machine is making a buzzing sound when pressing 1shot manual etc buttons to express coffee.
I use the machine everyday day and it has been cleaned regularly

Hello Paul W.
I'm not quite sure what has happened here but given that it is only 8 months old, it would be best to take it to a repair agent and have them look at it. What ever the repair costs are will be on us under your repair warranty.

Kate

Kateasked

Hi I have had this machine for 4 years now with no issues. It has suddenly lost coffee pressure completely. I have put the tablets through with no change in pressure. Could this be the pump and if so what is the cost to replace this part.
Cheers Kate

Hello Kate,
Asking one of our Sunbeam service agents would be the best course of action, they can advise on if it needs a repair or not. Find your local agent here: https://www.sunbeam.com.au/en/Service-Agent-Locator/

iain

Fine up the coffee grind and see if thats your issue. Often if you change coffee beans it reacts differently

peter

peterasked

Cafe Series Espresso EM7000 (Stainless)

How often do you need to change the shower head washer in the group head?

Hello Peter,
The manual suggests for it to be changed every 6 months but that would depend on your use and everyday cleaning.
Page 23 of manual for instructions: https://www.sunbeam.com.au/Root/Specifications/InstructionBooklet/EM7000_ib_1.pdf

Product code and where to buy:
1. SHOWER HEAD PLATE (EM70017): http://spares.bigwarehouse.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=81834_81835_95417&&products_id=1736080
2. SHOWER HEAD PLATE AND SCREW (EM70017A): http://spares.bigwarehouse.com.au/product_info.php?products_id=1736085

Allan P.

Allan P.asked

I need the manual for repair purposes

Justin

Justinasked

Hello - where can I purchase a new anti calc cartridge? Seems like most are from EBay, or online retailers rather than main stream stores.
Thanks - Justin

Hello Justin,
Yes, online stores are the best place to order the FILTER ANTI-CALC CARTRIDGE. EM69101 - is the product code so you can get the right one.
Another way to get the part is to purchase it through our service agents, find your closest agent here: https://www.sunbeam.com.au/en/Service-Agent-Locator/

Joanna M

Joanna Masked

Hi, My EM700 is new. I have had a lot of coffee machines but with this one, the pressure guage is barely moving and there is no crema??

Hi Joanna M,
It could be the grind of your coffee, the tamping etc and may take some time to perfect. If you would like to troubleshoot please call us on 1300 881 861 for help

Pamela R.
Pamela R.

Hi I too am having an issue with my coffee pressure, it also doesn’t move and unable to get a good head on my frothy milk, any advice

Sonia H.

Sonia H.asked

Cafe Series Espresso EM7000RE (Red)

No water is coming through my coffee it is just coming from the bottom into the tray

Hi Sonia H,
You will need to call us on 1300 881 861 so we can troubleshoot to see what's happening.

Anneasked

The coffee is not as hot as it has been. Would prefer it to be a bit hotter again. What could be the problem

Hi Anne,
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. Have you tried re-setting the thermoblock temperature instructions in the booklet? It is under the advanced settings. You can also try the factory re-settings. If this does not resolve please contact Sunbeam Customer Care on 1300 881 861. Kind regards Sunbeam.

Anne

I will try these suggestions. Many thanks

Anne

Many thanks seems to have worked.

phil

philasked

when power is turned on, the MANUAL indicator and PROGRAM indicator keep alternating on off

Hi phil,
Please call us for troubleshooting on 1300 881 861

Leanne A.

Leanne A.asked

Anti calc capsule
I took this out so that I could wash the water reservoir and now when I try to put it back in, it doesn't stay in place. As soon as I fill the reservoir with water, it floats.
How can I keep it in place? Is there a trick to putting it in?

Hi Leanne A.
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. The Anti Calc filter cartridge can be tough to replace. It slots in and with a twist it should lock in. It may take a few attempts. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives