2Sunbeam MultiGrinder II EM0405

Sunbeam MultiGrinder II EM0405 Questions & Answers

VerifiedMPNs:EM0405 and EM5000EM0405
Ymilse R.

My MultyGrinder II ,Is not working I did everything and don't work ,I got it for a present

Ymilse R.

Look like alot people have problems whit the Grinder

Jamie B.
Jamie B.

Yes it breaks the lid and becomes unusable. Throw it in the bin - write a review about your experience and expect little if no support from Sunbeam for their shit product

wendy w.
wendy w.

why i follow the simple step,it does not working

Jason2626
Jason2626

If the machine is not working, then you could contact Sunbeam. The company replaced my broken machine.

Nate M.
Nate M.

Is there a way to get the stupid lid off

Judith Baranyai
Judith Baranyai

Make sure your hands are dry and grip the bottom tightly. When you get it off make sure the lid rim is cle

Sunbeam   DM

Hi Nate, To release the lid, rotate the lid anticlock wise and lift to unscrew and remove the lid.
Hope this helps.

Laraine
Laraine

Bought my brand new grinder on holidays with me only to find it won’t start. Not near shop I bought it from and don’t have the receipt with me. Any clues as to how I can get it started.

Mgeee
Mgeee

Honestly, lid fits on 2x ways 2x 180deg positions . Spin to the next position and it will work. Needs to touch small micro switch found in the thread if u look closely.
Shit design. Should have been made to fit on one way only.
Anyway be Careful not to damage the inside lid thread on the lid itself where it actually touches the switch like I did ,now mine won't start without a new lid.

steve
steve

Ok, I put a small folded piece of paper masking tape just before the micro switch and then twisted the lid on. Now works like a dream.

manpreet w.

My friend gifted me this cute little coffee and spice grinder couple of months ago and I only used maximum five time to grind some tea spices and suddenly it stopped working ...can you suggest something .
Kind regards
Preet

Coodge G.

Could be the safety switch in the lid thread. Clean the thread where the lid goes on and make sure the lid is attached fully. If it still doesn't work, you should take it back to the retailer. If you are technically versed and assume all liability, you could bypass the lid safety switch. If I have to tell you how to do that - you shouldn't be doing it.

manpreet w.

It’s working after doing all this , thank you very much for replying me back

Lisa
Lisa

Hi, I also need a replacement lid for my multi grinder as the little notches have broken off so the machine won’t start when I twist the lid on. Could you please direct me to where I can find a replacement lid?

Coodge G.

I found it easier to illegaly bypass the safety switch. If the original lid breaks, so will the replacement.
I dont advise doing this unless you have some hands on experience and the common sense not to put fingers inside with the power plugged in.
Have ordered another grinder = as soon as it arrives, the sunbeam goes in the bin.

David D.
David D.

Hello,
I need to get a replacement lid for this model. Is it available??
Cheers, Dave.

Mick B.
Mick B.

Why wont my grinder work? The lid is on but wont start. Is there a safety switch somewhere. Lid is on securely and have tried different ways with lid but it wont start

O B P
O B P

Two little lugs on the lid, hold the lid on but also switch the power on for safety. When one breaks off, the grinder only works with the lid one way and does not work when the lid is moved half a turn. When both break off it does not work at all. On my first grinder arrived one was already missing. The replacement one now has one missing, they are very brittle, not at all suitable for the purpose.

John L.
John L.

Also I've noticed that ground coffee can get into the groove around the top of the body and prevent the lid from closing completely to switch on the power. The lid needs to be screwed on HARD.

uniquelyme
uniquelyme

what is the wait time between grinds? (for the machine to cool down)

Mick

I preform multiple grinds in succession. I 3/4 fill the grinder up and it takes about 20 second to grind. I've never experienced the grinder to overheat. I hope this helps.

justin A.
justin A.

How do i take my safety off my coffee grinder

You cant!

Hi Justin A, You cannot take off. The machine will only work once clicked in,

Brett W.
Brett W.

How to remove blades from a sunbeam EMO405 multi grinder?,

Sunbeam   DM

HiBrett W, These blades are not removable.

Jasmine N
Jasmine N

They must be if u put a motor in it there must be away for us to remove the blades

nome
nome

Why has mine just stopped working...no sign of anything at all happening don't know what I could try to fix it.

Sunbeam   DM

Hi nome, Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. With these grinders - the lid needs to be extremely tight and secured on. This is a safety feature. Try turning the lid more then you think it needs to be and it should lock in. If this does not resolve please call us on 1300 881 861. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

noall
noall

Just wanted to say thanks. I bought this for my mom and she said it wasnt working . I asked her to tighten the lid and yay it worked fine.

Peter & Mickey W.
Peter & Mickey W.

you can hear motor running but does not grind coffee beans.

Sunbeam   DM

Hi Peter & Mickey, just check the beans are not stuck under blades but if not grinding correctly I would advise to return to store for a replacement as this product is normally a beauty...

Bhavna
Bhavna

My grinder stopped working as it had spice stuck at the end of the blade which stopped the blade from moving. I took it out and tried again which worked but after couple of time it stopped completely. It is not working anymore. Any ideas?

Sunbeam   DM

HI Bhavna, I just hope that the motor may have become overworked. Just make sure the top is locked on properly so we can discount that and give a really good wipe around the base of blades...

John
John

sunbeam 0405 coffee grinder lid seal is cracked so it wont allow the grinder to make a circuit. Where can I buy a new lid for the grinder

Anthony B.
Anthony B.

Hi how long should I grind coffee beans for a proper coffee machine ?

Evan
Evan

Can I take the blades out?

Sunbeam   DM

Hi Evan......These blades cannot be removed from the base. If need to clean or clear out grind, tip unit upside down and gently tap the base to dis-lodge any stuck grind/beans. To clean – just wipe with a damp cloth. Hope this helps!!

Temi
Temi

Please I don't actually know where the problem lies, I bought this blender and on getting home, I tried using but it didn't work. I returned it and took another and this time again, it's not working. What do you think it's the issue pls?

Rak
Rak

Hi Remi,

Are you following the instructions booklet? Especially, closing the lid till it clicks into position. Next time you go to return it to a dealer try using at their shop and they might be able to help you as it should be under warranty.

Thanks Rak

James
James

Hi Temi,

As Rak said, the grinder will not work if the lid is not fully in it's closed position (it needs to be turned until it locks).

The chances of buying two faulty units in a row is unlikely, but still possible, given the number of people who have experienced failures straight out of the box.

Personally, I'd get a refund and try another brand.

Good luck.

Masbal
Masbal

Hi, I want the lid of sunbeam, where to get?

Sunbeam   DM

Hi Masbal, I do apologise although there are no spare parts available for the EM0405

Kind Regards

Teresa

Hi, I have cracked the lid - do we get a replacement lid? If so where can I get this? I have been using this grinder to grind spices for less than 2 years its working well for me.

Thanks!

Sunbeam   DM

Hi Teresa, I do apologise although we have no spare parts available for this model.

Kindest Regards

Bazman
Bazman

Sunbeam, the most recent reviews complain about the motor burning out. All the good reviews are quite old. Has the quality of the machine decreased over time? Is it beeing made "on the cheap" now?

Lisa Hall
Lisa Hall

We have had our multi grinder now for easily 18 months and it is still going strong. We loved it so much we bought a second one so we can have 1 solely for coffee and herbs and spices in the other. I would say if anything they have improved it, as we have never had a motor burn out or any of the other problems people have had ,neither have been replaced for any reason. Hope this helps.

Endee Mac
Endee Mac

Would this grinder work for turning wheat into flour?

Sunbeam   DM

Hi Endee Mac, As we only test our coffee grinders with coffee beans we cannot say for certain whether our grinders would grind wheat to turn into flour.

We have found cases of people using grinders for this purpose however you will need a grinder with variable grind settings (such as the EM0440) to gradually breakdown the wheat into flour and create the right consistency. The MultiGrinder II only has one grind setting so wouldn't be suitable for this purpose.

Regards,

Sunbeam Customer Service

1300 881 861

customercare@sunbeam.com.au

Lorelee
Lorelee

We've only used ours for coffee beans and raw sugar and worked great. The size of the grinder is about a cup. If doesn't work out for wheat I'm sure you'll use it for something else!

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives