2Suzuki S-Cross

Suzuki S-Cross (2013-2024) Questions & Answers

VerifiedAlso referred to as: Suzuki S-Cross 2023 and Suzuki S-Cross 2025.
Rod
Rod · S-Cross (2013-2024)

Just had my 70k service and been advised my rear shocks are leaking and need replacement. Car is only 2 years old and does mainly highway travel, no off road or towing. Do you think this would be a warranty claim ?

Nikolay K.
Nikolay K. · S-Cross JY Turbo (2016-2024)

Repetitive 3 beeps when driving. What it is?

Mikey
Mikey · S-Cross (2013-2024)

Hi, got a 2023 S-cross Allgrip turbo NZ new. just had it in at the dealer for its 1000km check & i mentioned a few issues it had which they fixed but one they said its just the way it is. was.... The Two stage door lock in the infotainment system doesn't work, only through the dash. Why would it have the option there if it doesnt work? & the second thing is on the steering wheel buttons, Up is down & down is up. Anyone else have this issue? they said its just the way they are!??

Warren
Warren · S-Cross (2013-2024)

Hi, I have a 2014 Suzuki SCross and for a fair while now if I have left it unused for 2-3 days it does not start. I have had the NRMA look at it several times and have had new batteries exchanged I have also had 2 auto electricians inspect it with one indicating that it may be a particular fuse causing the problem but he was unable to get details from Suzuki to assist him to investigate. Can anyone help please help or point me in the right direction for help. Warren

Wally G.
Wally G. · S-Cross (2013-2024)

How do you turn the agree message off

Amy G.
Amy G. · S-Cross (2013-2024)

I have a Suzuki S-Cross 2021 , it looks like the car has carplay feature however the car won't connect to my two Iphones, I have tried many types of cables ,none of them works. Does anybody know how to fix it?

Deb

Have you gone into the little icon on the top left of the screen when you've got the Radio on, it should bring up a choice of what you want to connect. I have my iPod connected inside the armrest, and my phone connected by Bluetooth.
Hope this was of some use

Hi Amy
Yes the S Cross does have apple car play. You connect your iPhone (I have an old iphone8) via a lightning cable compatible with your iPhone to USB A port in the s cross. The USB port is under the armrest.
When you connect your phone the bottom right panel on the 4 panel infotainment screen should display that your smartphone is connected.
This is my preferred method of connection. You can then play your music use maps etc via apple car play. I like to play Spotify music through mine.
I accidentally discovered you can also play your music via Bluetooth . This is using the top left panel on the infotainment screen.
However, I don’t think the music quality is quite as good .
I am still experimenting myself a bit with this
Good luck.

Amy G.

Thank you Rod. Does it have to be lighenting cable?

Rod

Hi Amy , the only reason I specified a lightning cable was because my understanding is that this is the type of cable that will connect to your iPhone. Not sure what cable you would use for an android phone. The main thing to remember is that the end that connects to your car is a USB A connection. Check your phone documentation on the internet as to the correct connection at your phone. I got my cable from a big w store. They have a big variety of cables. You might like to phone your local Suzuki dealer they might be able to help. Failing that if you still have problems I can send you a picture of the cable I use.

Amy G.

I have an iphone. I have tried 4 ligtening cables and so far only one of them works sometimes. Not sure what is going on here. By the way , have you tried carplay with bluetooth connection?

Rod

Yes , just make sure bluetooth is switched on your phone and your phone should be able to detect your Suzuki. If not, check settings on your car audio system to ensure Bluetooth is on. You can definitely play your music from your phone that way.

Hi Amy
Thought you like to know I am getting problems with apple carplay not always connecting and when it does it often drops out. I am using a cheap generic lightning cable. I think the quality of the cable is an issue. Will try genuine apple cable and see if that fixes it

Amy G.

thankyou so much Rod. It looks like I need an expensive genuine cable.

Nerine
Nerine

My daughters had the same problems with her new Suzuki v. It is a fault!! It’s taken them 4 visits to the dealership to finally realise it’s not the phone cable but a fault with the car play system. Lucky hers is still under warranty.

Margie
Margie · S-Cross JY Turbo (2016-2024)

prices

Rod

Hi Margie. Around 28k to 30k drive away should get you a new s cross. However if you haggle a bit you might be able to get a better deal as the s cross is not as popular as some other brands. Mine is a 2020 model and it has been very reliable and fuel efficient. I think there is a new s cross coming out soon, you might like to check that with the dealer. Make sure you drive some other cars too to compare, eg Vitara, ASX,Eclipse,Subaru XV or Hyundai Venue, Toyota chr. The s cross safety rating is not quite as good as the other brands as it does not have lane departure warning and some other electronic aids, but I have found mine to be safe enough for myself.
If you do get an s cross see if your budget stretches to the prestige model. It has a couple of useful extras like reversing proximity chime and nicer seats.
For a small car the s cross is very roomy but because it is light, on the open road I don’t think the ride is as good as a larger SUV. If you test drive an s cross or any other vehicle pay attention to the ride quality. The s cross performance is very good, no problems there. Good luck.

Gwen Bick
Gwen Bick · S-Cross (2013-2024)

has anyone had steering column Knocks and received a hefty quote to fix it.

No, I've had no issues

No issues with mine, but mine is a 2020 model with only 35k
Hopefully you can get it fixed within the warranty

Gwen Bick

I didn't give the year 2014. it is out of warranty but done 60.000 ks.

GrahamBlue
GrahamBlue

Mine's 2016 but no steering column issues. Good luck!

Rod

Anything to do with steering obviously needs fixing quick. Did you get the quote from a dealer, maybe you could try getting another quote. My understanding is that Suzuki parts are usually reasonably priced. I wish you all the best in getting your Suzuki fixed soon.

Gwen Bick

Thank you. All good now. Suzuki have been great and have fixed it.

Polly K
Polly K · S-Cross (2013-2024)

Hi, does anyone know whether there the front seats have changed between the 2014 and 2016 GL models? Thanks

Patience B.
Patience B. · S-Cross JY GLX Prestige (2013-2016)

Hi Everyone,
Just wanting to know if this one has capability to drive on sand?
2013 s-Cross GLX prestige 4x4
Thank yooou!

Stephanie
Stephanie · S-Cross (2013-2024)

I live where I have to go over hills all the time, would you recommend this car? It doesn't seem great for that..

publicsp
publicsp

If you are constantly driving over hills, I would go for the 1400cc Turbo versus the 1600cc naturally aspirated engine. Both are great motors, the turbo will cope with the hills easier. Hope this helps you.

Fair Go
Fair Go

If your heart is set on a 4wheel Coca Cola can, I agree the 1.4L turbo is better however, a used Jeep Grand Cherokee with a V6 for the same or similar price will devour hills, but then again, anything with a 6 or 8 cylinder engine will. bye

Just bought the 1.4 litre turbo model it handles hills great

bhoomi
bhoomi · S-Cross (2013-2024)

What is the difference between Suzuki S-Cross GL and GLX?

Josh T
Josh T · S-Cross (2013-2024)

Have a sx4 and the infotainment head deck touch screen will work in some spots and not in others. Dealership it’s not covered under warranty. Do you think there’s a chance it’s loose wires or faulty? Thanks

Larkie
Larkie · S-Cross (2013-2024)

I have a 6 mi th old Suzuki across and blue tooth has suddenly stopped working. How can I fix this ?

ade
ade

Should still be under warranty. Call the dealer.

Johnson
Johnson · S-Cross (2013-2024)

Glx model Bluetooth can connet more than one phone?

Dodzee

yes it can all you need to do is Add another phone to the list by letting the 2nd phone to scan for the available Bluetooth devices available .... as you did with the first mobile

if you need further assistant please ask

regards

Sam

Helen
Helen · S-Cross (2013-2024)

Suzuki s cross with navaction system. Does the reversing camera beep when getting close to something. Also does the Navman have a speed alert built in

hi Helen

for reversing there are sensors at the back that will do the job

as for the speed alert no there isn't one

bankers
bankers · S-Cross (2013-2024)

My wife is thinking of buying a GLX. But we travel interstate, and to the North of SA, regularly; and the space saver spare wheel concerns me. Can anyone tell me the maximum recommended speed for the spare, and the distance that the spare will last for when travelling at (or under) the recommended maximum speed. Obviously a low speed on a country highway is dangerous, and the distance between towns where tyre dealers are situated can be a hundred (or more) kilometres. I have looked on line, but getting conflicting information. So I really need to get this from someone who actually knows the answer.

James
James

Hey Bankers, as an “outside the box” comment, do yourself a favour and take a Haval H2 LUX for a test drive. At the current price offer, it is outstanding value for money, the equipment list is as long as your arm...the turbocharged 1500 engine performs well on the open road and the car comes with 5 year warranty and 5 year roadside assist. In your case it has a full size alloy 18 inch spare, although this has hurt boot space a bit, however if you fold down the rear seats, this should not be a problem. You will be surprised at the build quality and driving experience. I have owned mostly European cars and I was impressed. Naturally ther is a lot of bias and caution out there about Haval, but we are very happy with our H2 LUX. For just under $30 000 you can buy one model up, the H6, which is really something! As I said, don’t take my word for it, go for a test drive, you will be impressed! Feel free to ask me any questions. No I’m not a Haval salesman! Just feel people may be missing out on what for them, could be a good buy, due what I feel is bias in motoring media, to anything not mainstream. In driving tests of the Haval H2, in early 2016, it was rated 4/10. Recent road tests in 2017 have rated it 6/10 to 7/10, to me, more realistic ratings. Another example, the top of the range Haval H9, was accused in the media of being “slammed” in ANCAP safety ratings. It got a 4/5 rating, hardly “slammed” surely? Yet it was still voted as the 3rd best off roader in a recent Australian 4X4 magazine comparison test that included all the big names.

bankers

Thanks James. She ended up buying a mitsi asx. With a full size spare option. Quite frankly I think that all cars sold in Australia should have a full size spare mandated by safety regs.

M_na
M_na · S-Cross (2013-2024)

GLX model - bluetooth connectivity - do you know if you can connect more than one phone (not at the same time) but it remembers more than one phone?

Stevo

Yes you can save other phones. It defaults to the phone that was connected previously so you need to manually change to another phone.

Cheers Stevo

Miss Jay
Miss Jay · S-Cross (2013-2024)

Does the 2014 GLX comes standard with day time running lights? If so are they turned on when the engine is on? And only switched off when Headlights/Fog lights are turned on. (

Has anyone had issues with their Steering Wheel mounted audio control for preset radio stations? Instead of switching to the next station, the steering wheel audio control re-scan to the next station, in some instances skipping the preset stations?

Stevo

No, Oz and NZ versions come with LED "Position lamps" that only come on when the park lights are turned on.

Cant help you with the stereo question sorry.

Cheers Stevo

Tracy Miller
Tracy Miller

yes I have that problem also have blue tooth issue stereo has been replaced still same issues

Get an answer from our members and Suzuki representatives

Select a listing for your question
Suzuki S-Cross (2013-2024)