Tontine Soft & Cosy Sherpa Fleece Electric Blanket

Tontine Soft & Cosy Sherpa Fleece Electric Blanket Questions & Answers

Miranda
Miranda

Great that you can't feel the wires, but what about the round plastic bit which connects the switch to the wires? As a side sleeper, it's always where my arm/hand is and I hate it!

Vivien K.
Vivien K.

Does the king size comes with double controllers? And does it have an auto switch timer?

Kate

Hi, I have the queen size and it does have double controllers but not an auto switch timer. Hope that helps!

Jaime
Jaime

Got this electrical blanket today for mothers day and once opened saw that the side's that go around the side of the mattress and under it is just netting. Has anyone had issues with the netting to me it seems like it won't last very long until it starts to rip.

Lynn Spittal

I really don’t want to feel the wires at all. Can you confirm that the wires aren’t standing out? Thank you

Kate

I can confirm that you absolutely can't feel the wires. The Sherpa topping is really thick and gorgeous so you truly cannot feel them. Hope that helps!

Lynn Spittal

Thanks heaps they definitely helps!

Lynn Spittal

Just want to confirm that the blanket is indeed super comfy!! You definitely cannot feel the wires! Would highly recommend this electric blanket!!

Colleen w
Colleen w

Where can I get a control mine just stopped working

Tontine   DM

Hi Colleen, Just contact our customer service team and they'll assist you.

Ph: 1800 630 034
Email: info@tontine.com.au

Mimi
Mimi

Can you leave these blankets on overnight or do they need to be turned off

Kate

I sleep with mine on! Not sure of that's bad but I haven't had any problems :)

Tontine   DM

Hi Mimi. The instruction manual will recommend that you turn the blanket off, but it can be used at lower settings for an extended period. Because of the danger of heat stroke, the recommendation is that you don't use high settings for extended periods.

If you read the instruction manual, it includes recommendations on this and will say something like:

Once the bed has warmed up to the
desired temperature, we recommend
turning your blanket OFF. To do this, press
the ON/OFF button on your controller to
illuminate the screen. Once the screen has
illuminated, press and hold the ON/OFF
button until the screen turns OFF.

You are able to leave the electric blanket
ON for a longer period of time on a lower
heat setting. To do this, keep it on low heat,
displayed as SLEEP on your controller.

We recommend you turn the blanket off
whilst sleeping.

Do not sleep with the controller set to
maximum heat.

jay

I dot know if I bought a lemon but it takes over 2 hours on setting 3 to get even mildly warm. I’ve tested on all 3 settings and there appears no difference in the temperature m. Any suggestions please?

Edmund
Edmund

I have not Set it to 3 as yet ! I find that on to it is more than hot enough

Kate

It sounds like you may need to return yours I've found the blanket to be quick to warm up and on 3 it's roasting. Good luck!

Tontine   DM

Hi Jay, The heat could be escaping through your blanket/quilt. Please try one of these suggestions and if still not working properly return the blanket to the store you purchased it from.

1. Ensure the controller is fitted correctly into the socket on the blanket.

2. Ensure the electric blanket is covered with a quilt.

jay

Thanks, I gave flannelette sheets and 2 blankets. I returned it and got another and the second is only slightly warmer. Thanks for the suggestion.

Dear Tontine rep
my Tontine electric blanket controller doesnt work

Where can I buy a replacement
Model no : TEB2036KB

Tontine   DM

Hi Phil, Could you please send an email request for a new remote to info@johncotton.com.au?

Phil Hey

Wow Tontine customer service are on the ball

Replied to my question in just a few hours regarding a broken controller for my electric blanket.
Im eagerly awaiting The replacement controller requested

Thanks CUSTOMER SERVICE

Phil H.
Phil H.

Thanks for your help Tontine...GREAT job .Supplied replacement controller FREE of charge.works perfectly.

Gaby H.
Gaby H.

Can anyone please tell me where the plug ins are attached on the blanket? The one we have now has it right under my elbow, very uncomfortable.

arcadia10
arcadia10

The controller connection is right on the edge of the blanket, just below where your pillow would be, at about shoulder height. I didn't even feel it in the few times I used the blanket (returned for other reason). It was very flat and unobtrusive - and I wouldn't think that anyone would be sleeping on the edge of the bed anyway. The controller on my new blanket is bulkier and in the same place, but I don't notice that either.

Get an answer from our members and Tontine representatives