5Toyo Open Country A/T II

Toyo Open Country A/T II Questions & Answers

At a loss

Please advise what the recommended tyre pressure for Nissan Patrol fitted with Toyo Open Country II towing 2.6 tonne caravan.

cranky11

Contact Toyo Australia directly using their website. They will need to know tow ball weights and vehicle weights.

At a loss

Looking for replacement tyres for our Patrol towing caravan. Currently have Coopers and previously had Bridgestone Duellers. And comments appreciated. Mainly highway driving these days.

danielson

Hey, I use the Toyo a/t II on my dmax, has no road noise, grips very well on wet and dry roads, performs well on dirt roads also. Mine have lasted 50k so far and about 30% left ( i say given most of my work is rural and remote 60% of my driving is rough dirt roads). Its not an overly aggressive looking tyre but works so well. I havent had luck with coopers ( bad run on them) but my toyos have been totally reliable. They are tough and are great value too.

At a loss

Thank you. Have you done any towing with them on the vehicle?

danielson

I tow a large tradie trailer every single day, these tyres have a high ply rating and cope with whatever load you throw at them.

At a loss

Thank you for your feedback.

pmwestern
pmwestern

Please let me know if this tyre is available in 255-60R18.

David
David

I am looking for a winter tyre for my 2011 Toyota Hilux SR5 dual cab . i do a lot of highway miles to the snow and then ( hopefully) some snow terrain , was thinking of getting more of a 70/30 tyre road to off road , but need more grip , as the tyres i have in the wet are slippery now

danielson

Hey David, the toyo A/T II would fit the bill perfectly, mine seem to work well in snow, wet bitumen and are quiet. Getting great grip and mileage from these.

Dennis C.
Dennis C.

Where are they manufacture?

All but 1 size is made in Japan

Gerard F
Gerard F

Good morning I have purchased a new land cruiser troop carrier the factory tyres are 225/95R16 what is the equivalent toyo open country A/T II that is available. ?
Gerard.

Robert
Robert

Gerard.
Not sure on the troopie as I have a 200 Series Land cruiser that uses 285 X 65 R17 tyres, however I just replaced both rears after doing 122,000 kms on and off road

cranky11

225/95R16 is not available in Open Country AT2. This size is unique to this vehicle. With this size I believe choice is limited to 2 brands / products a this stage.

Consider a wider tyre, with 85 profile

Ian
Ian

Your best bet for a readily available size is a 235/85R16. Little bit wider but still fit on factory wheels

Shellie
Shellie

I bought a new Troopy too and been looking at tyre sizes. From my research i think best to keep the same rolling hight which is 32.8" otherwise you will affect your Speedo and fuel economy, I'm going for 285/75 r16 in size, same rolling hight but about 50 mms wider look a lot better you will need to change rims to fit wider tyres, steel black sunrazers there only around $100 each ive also had a pre rego gvm upgrade gives me a bit more clearance. I suggest Totyo A/T 2s or BF Goodrich 285/75r16.

how noisey are the OC at 2;s

Darren
Darren

Not sure what 2;s means John, but at 110klm/hr on Australian highways/ motorways, they are barely audible. There is hardly any to no hum or vibration noises.

thanks Darren

Andrew L.
Andrew L.

How would OC AT2 affect the drive ability of a Kluger? I am concerned about possible punctures with my Dynapro tires when driving on rough country / gravel roads, and I am looking for a more durable tire. 245/65 R17.

Gidgit62

Love these. I can't answer your question sorry I have had zero problems if that helps.

Geoff
Geoff

Has anyone used these frequently in sand at lower pressures? Concerned with one of the previous reviews (May 18) about the inside of the tyre letting go. Thanks

Gidgit62

Hi Geoff,. No sorry we haven't driven with these in sand at reduced pressure.

Tracey M
Tracey M

I have a question regarding the Toyo all Terrain Tyres and where they are made. Is it in Thailand or Japan?

Regards

Tracey

Hi Tracy mine says Japan

Dazza
Dazza

Toyo 265/70/17 Do these tyres mess up your speedo?

lan
lan

No 95% of the vehicles today Speedos are out buy 8 km I have two different types of vehicles they vary between 4 and 8 ks

WarwickJ

No doubt you’ve changed tyre size.
Most speedometers read 8-10% below actual speed. (manufactures covering their asses)

The speed from my Subaru wheel sensor (viaOBD2), is 8km/h lower than what the speedometer says.

Also checked with a GPS based phone app which confirmed same.

Using a GPS speed app to check with the new tyres is the only way to truly check the speedometer.

https://tiresize.com/tyre-size-calculator/ will tell you the difference on tee size changes, only.

Jodie_Beechey

Does anyone know if there is a wear difference between 275/65/17 and 265/70/17 for the toyo at2 or is it only the coopers at3 where this is an issue due to the difference between passenger and light truck construction?

It would enable me to keep my spare if the 65 series wears well.

Jodie_Beechey

Helps to read the relevant data from the manufacturer, thanks for the link, I'd actually read it before, both 65 and 70 series are light truck tyres

Get an answer from our members and Toyo Tires representatives