Waterpik WP-100 Ultra Water Flosser

Waterpik WP-100 Ultra Water Flosser Questions & Answers

Brand Manager for Waterpik? Claim your listing.
Jayjay
Jayjay

There is a toothbrush tip
Included and box states that it has ‘convenience of brushing and flossing at the same time.’ Does that mean it will replace my toothbrush as well as flossing?

Tana
Tana

I tried it but personally prefer regular toothbrush and then water flossing. The problem with this attachment is that bristles are in a way of water pressure and then all you really doing is brushing with water.

Marlene C.
Marlene C.

It definitely WILL NOT replace your toothbrush. You would also be best sticking to your usual flossing routine as the waterpik does nothing.

Dennis Maly
Dennis Maly

Does the WP100 Ultra have the whitening pill capability?

Mike.C
Mike.C

No it doesnr

Yvonne A
Yvonne A

No Dennis, it doesn't have that capability

DiannaT
DiannaT

No it doesn't

techknow
techknow

Put correctly diluted food grade hydrogen peroxide in the tank and it will be similar. You probably want less than 1% concentration.

marie fayzer
marie fayzer

There is water leaking out of my waterpik water flosser where you insert the brush into the handle. I have pushed it firmly in and water still runs out all over my clothes it want tighten up at all. Thank you!

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

Marie

I haven't had this problem. Are you holding the handle facing down towards your teeth or up? If you hold it upwards, then the water will leak out. Also the end of the tube should be in your mouth before you switch it on and whenever the machine is on. Maybe it's technique or maybe you have just been unlucky and got a faulty one. There are one or two videos on YouTube which may help. Sorry I can't be more help.

Mike, Tasmania

Marie, I never had that problem, but you might need a new handle with attached cable. You can buy them -I think at Harvey- and to fix it is simple, just 2 little screws underneath and replace the part. Normally if you don't insert the mouth piece fully it leaks, but you seem to do it correctly. Good luck and I hope this helps you

beatka70
beatka70

are spare parts easily available in australia?

Mike, Tasmania

Yes, as far as I know you get spares from Harvey Norman, If not Google 'Waterik Australia' and you'll find the Australian distributor (I just can't remember the name), call them or email and they'll send it out. But normally it is the application nozzel-cable that breaks and HN here in Tassie had it for ??? $20 or so I think

I hope that will help

femmefatale
femmefatale

You can buy spare tips from Chemist Warehouse. They are slightly cheaper by $1.90 compared to buying them elsewhere in Oz. Other spareparts are available on Waterpik Australia website which eventually leads to this link: https://www.deals2day.com.au/index.php?route=product/category&path=1

MsHarro
MsHarro

I'm an older person with receding gums and sensitive teeth - does anyone know whether I would be able to use the Waterpik?

Experienced Traveller
Experienced Traveller

I also have receding gums and sensitive teeth. I use warm water in my water pick so sensitivity is not a problem. I am careful not to use too hard a pressure setting when cleaning along the gum line. My dentist advised me to clean my teeth and gums using a VERY soft brush and only using downward strokes. His advice was to place the brush on the gum line at a 45 degree angle and roll the handle between your fingers to make a flicking acting. He told me that the most important area of your mouth to clean is along the gum line where bacteria is undisturbed and has a place to accumulate. When you think about it the rest of your tooth (except between them) gets rubbed by food and is pretty much self cleaning. The Waterpik also has a fantastic tongue cleaner which I use on full pressure to clean my tongue. My tongue has lots of big bumps on it so a conventional tongue cleaner knocks the tops off them and makes it bleed. Also I like the idea of having the bacteria flushed away. I also use it to clean where my gums and cheeks meet. I hope this helps

Teresa
Teresa

I have the combination water flosser with toothbrush and am not sure if there is a need for the unit to be kept constantly plugged into the power supply. My previous toothbrush had the be kept plugged at all time. How about this one?

mcalary
mcalary

I'm no expert but if the unit has a built-in battery it will need to recharge after a period of time being used and therefore plugged in occasionally. If it doesn't have a battery and is powered by electricity only, then it will only work when plugged in.

Janelle
Janelle

Does bupa extras cover give you any money back on these appliance 's?

marbeck
marbeck

As far as I know none of the health funds give any money back on the purchase of Waterpik. My fund HBF certainly didn't. Considering how effective the Waterpik is on oral health you think they would give a rebate to save payouts on fillings etc.