Weber Q Premium (Q2200AU)

Weber Q Premium (Q2200AU) Questions & Answers

4.6 from 122 reviews · View Details

45 questions from our users

Peter-John

Peter-Johnasked

Q Premium (Q2200AU)

I have a Weber Q 2440 electric grill. It did not have the table flaps so I bought these from Weber as an optional extra. I installed them as instructed, but they do not fit under the lid, as indicated. The lid catches the flaps and doesn't sit flat. I was told that they would fit under the lid when stored, and watched a demo on Youtube. Is there an adjustment I need to make?

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Peter, we answered your previous question- best to get in touch with customer service to make sure that the barbecue you have is compatible with the side tables.
If you purchased the side tables in Australia, then we don't sell the model Q you've got here, which may be why you're having some troubles.

9400newbie

9400newbieasked

Q Premium (Q2200AU)

Hi, I'm interested to know if there is a massive difference between the Q2000 vs Q2200 models. We have natural gas and a bayonet on our deck, but I'm hoping to get a model that can be portable ie. take to picnics, camping, beach etc. Any advice on portability issue as I found this on the weber website "Works with mains gas plumbed to the house and connects via bayonet fitting - Does not work with bottled gas of any type."

KGro
KGro

they aren't interchangeable if you want a portable BBQ then you will need to go LPG and forgo natural gas. The main difference between the 2000 and 2200 is the ignition type and I think the hood is taller on the 2200. Sure you can take this camping etc though it's quite heavy due to the weight of the grates. Both models come in LPG & natural gas types.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi, KGro ^ is correct- if you're looking for portability, then LPG is the better suited gas type. Natural Gas barbecues are designed to be plugged into the wall and not really moved all that much.

Both the 2000 and the Q2200 come in LPG or NG versions, so you can find a gas option that suits you best in either model.

Cat

Catasked

Q Premium (Q2200AU)

Good Morning, I would like to replace our plate for our Q220 but I am not sure of the grill plate size - Thank you. We love our Weber it has been half way around Australia with us.

jessica

jessicaasked

bought babyQ side trays
are they temp resistant

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Jessica, they're suitable for typical barbecuing temperatures, but best to not place hot pans or hotplates on them as they can leave indentations on the side tables.

Once you've finished cooking, let the barbecue cool down before folding them inside as they will melt if placed in a hot barbecue.

dennis oliver

dennis oliverasked

chasing spark unit for my weber q s/n au1023889

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Dennis, email us at social@weberbbq.com.au and we can organise a new igniter for you!

Col

Colasked

Hi
I have a family Q and had the issue of grill plates slipping off..Weber placed the cookbox replaced under warranty, amazing service from Weber. The issue is a lot better but grill plates still sliding around.
Is it possible the grill plates could have shrunk with heat?

Col

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Col, the grills cannot shrink from heat. Would you mind getting in touch with our team about this issue? Replacing the cookbox should have solved it.

Our email is social@weberbbq.com.au

Royce Rasked

Q Premium (Q2200AU)

I have recently purchased a Q2200 and find it takes a long time to heat up and if I open the lid to check or baste the meat, it takes a long time to recover the heat. Is it possible to retro fit the burners from a Family Q to increase the heat output?

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Royce, thanks for getting in touch. I'm sure we can get to the bottom of your issue here, and get you loving your Q! I'll need some further information below to help me get a better understanding of your barbecue.

Can you run me through how you set up your barbecue for cooking, and what you're trying to cook?
Are you pre-heating the barbecue? What dial setting are you using?

Royce R

The barbecue is set up on an outdoor bench . I usually preheat for at least 10 minutes on high and then place the meat (if a leg of lamb) on the trivet and rack. During the short time taken to place the meat in the bbq, the temperature drops below 200 and struggles to recover . Yesterday I tried a large fillet steak (around 300 - 350 g) - again preheated for 10 mins and placed the steak on the grill for 4 mins each side and rested for 10 mins.When served it was completely raw in the centre and had to microwave to make it edible. I previously had a large weber genius model that had plenty of heat and would recover quickly after opening the lid. I feel the barbecue us way under powered and needs the same burner setup as the family or inbuilt model. I have replaced the gas bottle with a full one and reset the gas .

Dave S.

Dave S.asked

Q Premium (Q2200AU)

Hi. Could someone be able to tell me the dimensions of the unit (particularly the width) with the tables packed up inside. All dimensions I've found on the Web is with the tables out. Thanks in advance.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Dave, the Q2000/2200 frame is almost 80cm at it's widest point.

Graeme S.

Graeme S.asked

Q Premium (Q2200AU)

I have bought a q2200, and have gone to buy a swap n go gas bottle at Bunnings I only wanted the smaller one as it more portable for camping.
However it is only 3.7 kg, is this bottle suitable for use with the q2200.
Cheers for replies.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Graeme, we typically recommend any size from 4.5kg-9kg bottles, as this is what has been tested on our barbecues- we use these sizes to determine the number of typical cooking hours that a gas bottle would use and therefore how long it should last.

That being said, if it fits on the regulator, then it is fine to use- you just may not get as many cooks on a smaller bottle.

Maisy

Maisyasked

Q Premium (Q2200AU)

How to remove electronic ignition button

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Maisy, you can remove the button by twisting the button 1/4 turn to the left and pull it out. That will reveal the battery and allow you to change it. To install it again, just insert and turn 1/4 to the right (essentially reversing what you just did) and you will find it working again.

Bob t

Bob tasked

Q Premium (Q2200AU)

Why does my Weber q family drip fat or oil off lid back onto ground?

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Bob, this is because there is a build-up of fats or oils on the inside of your lid, and once it heats up and you open the lid, it drips down the back.

This can happen if you're cooking particularly fatty foods constantly (like sausages, chops etc. - things that spit) OR you're using a baking dish when cooking things like roasts. The fats inside a baking dish will bubble and spit as they have nowhere to drain away and therefore land on your lid.

A way to stop this from happening is to wipe out the inside of your lid with a bit of paper towel when the barbecue is still warm (not hot) or wait for it to cool completely and use warm soapy water or Q cleaner to remove it.

If you tell me about your setup and how you use the Q, I can see if I can find the reason behind this to help prevent it from continuing. Thanks

Bruno G.

Bruno G.asked

Hi,
My new apartment has no natural gas inlet for my barbecue. Now I am not able to use my bbq anymore.
Does Weber has gas conversion kit? What should I do?

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Bruno, yes we do have a conversion kit. If you could please get in touch with our customer service team on 1300 301 290 and have your Q's serial number handy, we can let you know the process and pricing.

Rob H.

Rob H.asked

Q Premium (Q2200AU)

How low can I cook on a Weber Q?

I slow cook roast beef/lamb in an oven with low temps below 100C.
With both gas and electric ovens the temperature moves between about 75C and 95C as the gas/electric shuts off and on, so it's hard to say exactly what the average temperature is.

What I can measure is the time, and that is usually around 2.25 to 2.5hrs

The reason for slow cooking is that the roasts don't shrink. They finish up extremely tender.

I use an internal thermometer and stop when the internal temperature is 64C Beef or 68C Lamb

Can I cook this low and slow, probably between 80C and 90C in a Weber Q?

Rob

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Rob, you're not going to be able to achieve those types of temperatures with the Q barbecues.
Depending on the model you're looking at, these are the approx temps we expect from pre-heating on either low or high:

Approximate Q Temperature - After 10 minutes on high

Weber Baby Q - 220°C (428°F)
Weber Q - 210°C (410°F)
Weber Family Q - 225° (437°F)

Approximate Q Temperature - After 10 minutes on low

Weber Baby Q - 165°C (329°F)
Weber Q - 155°C (311°F)
Weber Family Q - 160° (320°F)

These are starting temps, and it's natural for the temps to climb slightly from these. You can still roast in the Q barbecues, it just won't be 'low and slow'- if you're looking to do that type of cooking, perhaps a Kettle or Smoker would be more suited to your needs. If you would like any more info, please let us know.

MLG

MLGasked

Q Premium (Q2200AU)

I just bought a Q2200 - there was a battery in the box which I presume is for the ignition but I can't figure out where to put it. Nothing mentioned in the instructions. Help?

Gary. Topping
Gary. Topping

Unscrew the ignition button from the outside, the batteries slide into the inside of the button.

Allison R

Allison Rasked

Hi,

We are looking at buying either a Q2200 or Q2000 can you please advise the depth with the lid closed for storage purposes.

Mick

Mickasked

Q Premium (Q2200AU)

Hi, I have a Weber q 2200. It's almost 4years old. In the last year or so the grill plates have started to slip off the little indents that hold it up in the centre of the fire box. Does this mean the fire box has changed shape over time? I'm sure it never did this in the beginning. This is really annoying when cooking as well as quite dangerous when your half way through a cooking. Can you please advise, and is this covered under the 5 year warranty for the fire box?

Bruce F.
Bruce F.

I cannot speak on behalf of Webber BBQ, but my experience with them is that everything has a minimum 5 year warranty and they would thus replace it for you free of charge. That has certainly been my experience anyhow. And delightful people to deal with. Look up their number on their website and give them a call.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Mick, thanks for getting in touch. It does sound like your cookbox has warped slightly, probably due to a small flare up or higher than average heat inside the cookbox. If you give us a call on 1300 301 290 and have your serial number handy, we can look into warranty replacements for you. Thanks!

Cstjp

Cstjpasked

Q Premium (Q2200AU)

Hi. I was wondering if there was anyway to strengthen the side tables of q2200 as they don’t hold much weight without bending?

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Cstjp, they aren't really made to hold heavy items- they are just to rest utensils and light plates of food on them, and not much more. We don't have any suggestions for strengthening them, as they perform well for their functions. Thanks!

Roann
Roann

We wish these side tables were better and stronger too. It would be good to be able to put your dish you are placing the cooked food onto , on the side tables. Seems a shame they are not made stronger. Hopefully Weber could consider making stronger ones we could buy to replace the flimsy ones.

Steve

Steveasked

Q Premium (Q2200AU)

I have a q 2200 that is about 2 years old and recently I started having issues with it getting hot enough to cook on. Before the problem started it would get to temp (200) in about 10-15 mins max now it takes about 40 mins to get to that temp. I gave taken the ring out and cleaned it but it has not made a difference. This issue occurs when it is connected to a gas bottle via regulator and when connected to my caravan via a bayonet fitting.

Need help.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Steve, it sounds like you may need a new hose/reg/valve set up. Can you give us a call on 1300 301 290 and have your serial number handy? We should be able to help you out. Cheers!

Simone H

Simone Hasked

Q Premium (Q2200AU)

Hi there, I own a Q2200 and am looking at purchasing the patio cart and a cover shortly. Will the Weber Q portable cart cover fit over the patio cart?

Kanga
Kanga

I have a cart as well which i recommend. I purchased a cover however it only covers the Weber itself. I think you can get one to cover the whole BBQ and cart which would be handy and protect the cart.

Sean
Sean

Hi Simone,

Weber sells the full cover. But you can purchase a portable grill cover from Aldi as well. It even covers the wheels as well.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Simone, I don't think it will, as the Portable Cart Cover is narrower than the Patio Cart cover, and the Patio cart is wider at the base.
I would suggest looking at the Patio Cart cover if that is what you are going to purchase. https://www.weberbbq.com.au/weber-accessories/family-q-patio-cart-premium-cover/

Sheree S

Sheree Sasked

Q Premium (Q2200AU)

Does a q2000 cover or Doufal bag fit a q 2200 Webber?

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Yes, the cover and duffle bag are suited to the Q2000/2200 series, so it will fit both. Hope that helps!

Get an answer from our members and Weber representatives