Winrun R330

Winrun R330 Questions & Answers

Brand Manager for Winrun? Claim your listing.
Wayne
Wayne

Do these have rim protection?

Paul
Paul

Curious that some people here rave about how good these tyres are and highly recommend them, but other people say they are rubbish. Even two Landcruiser owners who have totally opposite performance results and opposite opinions. Strange! But performance is all about the age and condition of the vehicle too - wheel alignment, shock absorbers, suspension condition and even the type of roads they are used on, etc - it's not all about the tyres. I need to buy on a pensioner's budget but now I'm really undecided about buying Winrun tyres. I get suspicious too when reviews are about a purchase from a certain (frequently mentioned) dealer and I wonder just who writes the reviews - actual customers or the dealer's employees to drum up business. That's the problem with product reviews - you never know who actually writes them.

Hi Paul,
I would recommend these tyres - and I am not being paid to write this. You are right about your vehicles age and condition and the performance and longevity of the tyre you choose. I have had these tyres on now for 67K and they have only started to show wear to the tread markers. I regularly monitor the PSI in my tyres and complete a wheel alignment every 10K.

Man L.
Man L.

67k , you must be joking..

macoc0

You'd think so Man L. but no I am not. Proper tyre care and maintenance is the key to the longevity of my tyres. If you doubt this, you should get a set yourself and try them out.

NM11OO

I put 2 on the front of my golf r and I couldn't believe how good they were in the wet hands down the best performance over the high-end stuff I used to run, however! My second set are not even close to the wet weather performance of my first set I don't know why but it's doing my head in.

Andrew B.
Andrew B.

We bought a car with two of these fitted to get the RWC. Have been unable to get them balanced twice so far. Terrible tyres.

Tony Vaughn

What is the air pressure for r330?

Patrick

It all depends on the model of your car, not tyres.

Ian
Ian

Paul and NM100, perhaps I could suggest why these reviews are so variable. The most likely reason is consistency in quality control. For one, the tread compound formula on a tyre is a very closely guarded secret given the amount of time and money most tyre companies spend on developing it. I saw an article recently where a journalist was invited into the 'formula mixing' room of a well known tyre manufacturer. You could make out at least ten plastic containers along a bench that looked like milk bar lolly holders - the technician said the journo could only photograph part of the additives section due to secrecy. If there is any inconsistency in mixing and preparing the rubber for the tread, it can end up in significant roadholding issues - particularly in wet roads. On top of this, a tread compound that works in one country can often not work in another due to the actual road surface. For instance when Goodyear introduced a tyre (Grand Rally?) here quite some years ago, they found that they didn't grip on "Good old wet highway no. 1" - the Hume highway - even though the tread compound was fine on US and some European roads. They had to change the compound as a result. Reviews on one of the popular off road tyres here - a BF Goodrich on this site - suggest that these can be really good or not very good at all depending on where they are made. If tyres made for the US or other market are shipped here they may well perform poorly. As to sidewall durability I'll tell you a story. In the early 80's I saw a Kleber car radial set in attractive cardboard mounting in a Bob Jane outlet in Albury. The backing ad said they were 'Guaranteed against sidewall splitting". I thought this was pretty weird until I spoke to a local regional dealer who told me that when these tyres were first imported, some of them couldn't handle the hot and rough roads found here in the outback and the sidewalls split... The Vredestein Sprints imported at the same time had appalling wet weather grip. I had two Michelin chunky MX 70's series radials on my Alfasud at that time and found they were considerably inferior to the Goodyears and VERY inferior both wet grip and wear wise to the Pirelli CN36's I replaced them with. Fortunately Michelin have vastly improved their compound in recent years. Hope this helps.

spikeu
spikeu

I must say your so right,as a lot company's like ĝoodyear and pirelli keep same same names once they went steel radial. As pirrelli cn36 were a great tyres, as well as Goodyear grand rally. But pirrielli cn36s was really bad tyre for tread separation and out round. Then Goodyear super steel, the were fine on Holden's with radail tune suspension. But put them òn the on cars with struts like sigma and they would have probably with sideways blowing outs. As most falcon xc 2 and xds were fitted uniroyl 280 computer 2 or Olympic steel flex 70s on s pack, then Holden started fitting Goodyear grand rally s to Vk commodore after bad experience with Dunlop steel Max on Vb to Vh.
The Goodyear rally were great until the round dot tread started to flattening out and lost most of they wet grip. Holden started fitting Brightone to most of cars with 15 inches wheels as well Ford on EA . Getting back to kleber my father had XA falcon and he ordered car uniroyl steel cats , as sale rep for caltex for most of out west of nsw and ampol ĺooked after cooler to Queensland. So he got 30,000 out them, as Dunedoo was not tarred then and sideways got ripped out. One ampol site he pulled in to get petrol and see he if had spare tyre to get him home
The guy said I 2 second hand one's we take off local car, with 60% tread I taken both. I as my father I got 2
hours home to Nyngan before roo are out. As filling up, the son of owner came I had to job rim to get dent out it. The notice the front he took sidewall out the suspension looked tucked in at top
As my father and owner looked it and smashed ball joint upper. Do one in stock yes I order one for custom and he back in town his rego in two week. He said you will have to ask his son his. I got home from Dubbo to Nyngan before dark.
How do this sound I pay for job and free tank fuel I credit to Caltex to ampol and get to first caltex to fill you
So back to kleber my father got v10 tyre and went 2 set in 100
000 in 2 year and run out of them. Then got xb and put a set new v12kleber in 1975 in after uniroyl had worn out, he check tyre pressure before my mother went back to Sydney and found blow on inside of ĺeft tyres and cracking on inside of the other 3 and dealer didn't want know about and something with head offices for bob jane

The

Proper air pressure?

Ned

Read your owners manual and it will tell you about it based in the size.

Tony Vaughn

I bought the tires from a small company about 8 months ago and recently 1 went down so I added air to all of them to even out they are 20 inch

Klid D.
Klid D.

Where are these Tyres mader

china

would you recommend winrun r330 for CX5

Delwyn
Delwyn

Don M

thanks Delwyn for sharing that, they seem to be good value but not sure if I could use them on an SUV

Bob S.
Bob S.

I use these on my Tesla S. They are extremely good. One of the very few tyres with US UTQG ratings on the sidewall. One quarter of the price of Michelins (supplied w Tesla). My size 245/45R19 102W. They totally demolish rubbish like Goodyear or Kumho.

Have had Michelin, Goodyear, Kumho on the Tesla. The Michelins are good but grossly expensive. The Kumhos were rubbish. The Goodyear's were very ordinary and no bargain.

For ANY tyre on ANY car demand UTQG warranted ratings. Us Aussies are getting screwed by many tyre manufacturers.

Patrick

I had four of these tyres put on my wife's Mercedes GLC250d, a SUV and they are very good so far. And the original Continental tyres proved very poor in wear. Personally I do not feel any difference between these tyres and the original Continental. Probably it is like wine tasting, some being good at telling differences and some not feeling much difference between a $10 a bottle wine and a $100 a bottle wine. So as long as these tyres are not too bad in wear, I am happy, as they are so much cheaper than the big brands.