63 questions from our users

Glenys A.

Glenys A.asked

Natural Dog Food Chicken with Vegies & Rice

How many chicken veg and rice a day can I give my old maltese

Glenys A.

Glenys A.asked

Natural Dog Food Chicken with Vegies & Rice

How many chicken balls a day can I give my old maltese

happy

happyasked

Natural Dog Food

Can cats eat this safely

Em2098

Em2098asked

Natural Dog Food

How many meat balls should we feed a small female Maltese X shitzu? I think I’m over feeding her.

PepperPoppySammy
PepperPoppySammy

I give my standard schnauzers, each, 15 balls and a cup of dry food for their evening meal and just a cup of dry food in the morning ..... they are well exercised and quite lean. For a small dog I would possibly give half or a third of that.
You should be able to feel their ribs when patting on the side ......

Melissa C.4Legs

Hi Em2098 - Our feeding guide provides information based on your dog's weight. For instance, for a dog that weighs between 5-10kg, we recommend 200-350g p/day. However, this is intended as a rough guide for feeding 4Legs on a daily basis and does not take into account other products you may be using.

It is important to remember that like humans, dogs (even of the same size and breed) may metabolise their food differently. For this reason we cannot guarantee this guide will suit your dog. Please monitor your dog's weight and adjust the feeding amount accordingly.

Julie Miller
Julie Miller

I have always fed my dogs 2.5% of their body weight per day as maintenance. One dog is 8 kgm and gets 200 gms per day. I have always felt your feeding recommendations to be on the high side. Of course puppies need to eat more, but I wouldn't be feeding a 10kgm dog 350 gms per day

Jan W.asked

Natural Dog Food

What is the gelling agent you use in your products?

Melissa C.4Legs

Hi Jan, the natural gelling agents that we use are Carrageenan, Xanthan and Guar. If you'd like any further information, please contact us via helpdesk@4legs.com.au

Jan W.

Thank you for getting back to me.

Alice Anand Jyothi S.

Alice Anand Jyothi S.asked

Natural Dog Food

After reading the reviews would like to try your product for our 3 boys. A staffy, Kelpie and Maltese cross. At present they eat ziwipeak wet food for dinner and hills Biscuits for breakfast. My questions is
In 4Legs food what are the natural gelling agents
It states no added preservatives, however what are the existing preservatives in the product. Your response is much appreciated.
Kind Regards,
J. Belavadi

Melissa C.4Legs

Hi there - we do not use any preservatives in our product, added or otherwise!

Thank you, you have another customer to your list

L T.

L T.asked

Natural Dog Food Chicken with Vegies & Pasta Roll

Hi - has the recipe changed recently? Our dog used to love it (and still loves it), but has started to get diarrhoea. The constitution of the roll also looks different than a few months ago - more paste like.

M.L.C

M.L.Casked

Natural Dog Food Beef, Veggies & Macaroni

At last I have found a food that helps both my whippet and rescue greyhound. But as I’m feeding two dogs, can you tell me if I can get a larger roll apart from the 1.7kg one. I am using one roll a day.

M.L.C

M.L.Casked

Natural Dog Food Beef, Veggies & Macaroni

Melissa C.4Legs

Hi there - unfortunately we only have one size of our rolls currently available!

Judi A

Judi Aasked

Natural Dog Food Kangaroo Lite with Vegies

What is the fat content of this food. I have 3 dogs and one of them has just been diagnosed with pancreatitis, needing flow fat of 7% or less. They all love their Black Hawk chicken & Rice at 12% fat. One of my dogs is 2 years old, another 13 and my sick one is 7. I would like one product for all.
Judi

Melissa C.4Legs

Hi Judy, we don't recommend feeding our product to dogs with pancreatitis. You can find out more here https://4legs.com.au/dr-felicity-educational-series-pancreatitis/

Mac

Macasked

Natural Dog Food Puppy Food - 3 Meats with Rice & Parsley

How come its not in the supermarket anymore no one stocks the puppy?

Melissa C.4Legs

Hi Mac, our puppy variety was discontinued over 12 months ago. However it has been replaced by our Gourmet Recipe Chicken variety, which has been formulated to be appropriate for puppies. You can find out more here

Tracy

Tracyasked

Natural Dog Food

Hi any stores in Perth with more flavours?

None
None

I live in Adelaide so I can’t ANSWEER your question.

Melissa C.4Legs

Hi Tracy, are you looking for certain varieties in particular? You should be able to find our food in Coles, Woolworths and some independents. If you would like us to locate a stockist in your area please drop us a line at helpdesk@4legs.com.au
Thanks! Melissa & the 4Legs Family

Amber Masked

Natural Dog Food Puppy Food - 3 Meats with Sweet Potato

My puppy loves this particular food, and won't touch any other flavour. I've noticed that Coles took it off the shelf recently, and I'm wondering if it's just the one particular store that's gotten rid of it or if it's been discontinued? So you still stock this flavour in any other store?

Melissa C.4Legs

Hi Amber, unfortunately our puppy food has been discontinued and is no longer available. However, it has been replaced with our new Gourmet Recipe range which has a variety formulated for puppies. You can find out more about it here: https://4legs.com.au/introducing-4legs-gourmet-recipe/
The 4Legs Family

Amber M

Thank you. I will give these new flavours a try.

Maria

Mariaasked

Natural Dog Food Chicken with Vegies & Pasta

my 11 month old loves this brand, but is it fattening with the pasta content in it?

Tiki D

Tiki Dasked

Natural Dog Food

Is the 4leg range a suitable addition for a Dalmatian on a low purine home prepared diet?

Robbiejdbay

Robbiejdbayasked

Natural Dog Food

Is this food available in the Caboolture area of Queensland?

Melissa C.4Legs

Thanks for your query! Yes, you should be able to find 4Legs at Coles, Woolworths or your local independent supermarket. If you would like us to locate a specific store for you, please drop us a line at helpdesk@4legs.com.au
Cheers,

Hazel K

Hazel Kasked

Natural Dog Food Kangaroo Lite with Vegies

As I live in Singapore, I got these boxes on my holiday. My dog adores the Kangeroo Lite. As she is allergic to most meats, I bought these to try and it worked! I was wondering if these boxes can be frozen for a longer shelf life?

Melissa C.4Legs

Hi Hazel, thanks for getting in contact. Yes, you can freeze 4Legs, but please ensure it's used within three days once defrosted and opened. Thanks, Melissa & the 4Legs Family

Merilyn M

Merilyn Masked

Natural Dog Food Puppy Food - 3 Meats with Sweet Potato

Hi - I have a cavoodle who is 4 weeks pregnant and not wanting to eat much of anything - the only food I could get into her was cooked too burgers - which are low in calcium which is a concern for pregnant dogs - she actually enjoys eating your puppy food - has it got adequate calcium levels for pregnant and lactating?

Melissa C.4Legs

Hi Merilyn, thanks for getting in contact. We have responded to your query in detail via your Facebook message. Here's a brief summary of the information Dr Felicity provided you with:
The energy requirements for a dog in the first 42 days of pregnancy is the same for an adult entire dog. For a 7kg cavoodle, this equates to 540kcal per day. (340g 4Legs Adult Chicken and Rice or 450g 4Legs Grain Free Puppy).
Energy requirements during the last 21 days of pregnancy typically increase by around 50%. For a 7kg cavoodle the energy requirement would increase to about 900kcal per day (560g 4Legs Adult Chicken and Rice or 760g 4Legs Grain Free Puppy).
We recommend either the Chicken and Rice or Puppy Grain Free varieties as they contain calcium levels that are moderate.
During lactation, a complete and balanced diet that provides energy is required. Calcium supplementation is not required unless there is a dietary deficiency. Feeding a good commercial diet that the mother finds highly palatable is essential. Puppy formulations are fine to use during lactation.
Melissa & the 4legs Family

Kylie ann

Kylie annasked

Natural Dog Food Angus Beef & Vegies Roll

Is this suitable for puppies.

Melissa C.4Legs

Hi Kylie Ann, thanks for getting in contact. We recommend using 4Legs Puppy variety and then introducing adult food (like the Angus Beef & Veggie Roll) once they have reached 80% of their adult weight.
Cheers,

Jessica W

Jessica Wasked

Natural Dog Food Kangaroo Lite with Vegies

Does this food need to be cooked?

TonyH
TonyH

No cooking required, its ready to serve straight from the pack.

Melissa C.4Legs

Hi Jessica, our food is ready to serve right from the packet. Cheers, Melissa & the 4Legs Family

Get an answer from our members and 4Legs representatives