AH Beard SleepSense Range

20 questions from our users

daina

dainaasked

SleepSense Range

Hi there. I have a king size bed of yours and the remote is not working. the bed is only about 6 years old. we purchased it from Harvey Norman in Hamilton NZ. who and how do we acquire a new remote? Thank you so much.

Daina Brown

DebsStu

Ring customer service they are great, the warranty is pretty good. Ours was playing up after 9yrs with a pro-rata warranty meant we only had to $150.

Hi daina,
You can call us directly on 0800 242 327.

We look forward to assisting you with your enquiry.

Regards,
Customer Care

Jaded

Jadedasked

SleepSense Vitality

One of the bladders has started leaking from one of the molded corner areas on the under side of the bladder. There is no puncture from external sources. It seems that it’s just given away probably from a blemish in the bladder material or in the moulding/welding process of making the bladder. It’s part of a Queen mattress, the whole mattress is useless now. It’s still well within warranty having been purchased fro Harvey Norman in February of 2017. What can I do to get this bladder fixed or replaced in a timely manner.

Thefridgster

Contact AH Beard. It should still be under warranty. I bought mine and recall there was a ten year warranty. Anyway they should be able to supply a new bladder. Give them a call

Claudine
Claudine

I had very similar. They replaced the bladder. We had mattress about 3 months. Would never buy one again. Be persistent. I had to keep chasing it up.

DebsStu

I found the Customer Service at AH Beard wonderful & very helpful to deal with. They'll get this sorted out very Quickly for you. You just need to log your problem with them and they'll attend to it as quickly as COVID-19 transport woes allow.

Nicole

Nicoleasked

SleepSense Range

Why does the mattress setting pump it’s self up? During the night it goes to full hard. It’s driving me mental and hurting my back

Thefridgster

It sounds like you have an air leak. Mine never activates and I only check the pressure every three months. If it's under 10 years old then contact AH Beard for repair advice.

DebsStu

Definitely sounds like a problem, I'd certainly call them and get some advice. Mine came with a 20 year Pro Rata Warranty. I had an issue with mine that was 8 years old and it was losing air overnight but not pumping itself up again. The guys came out replaced the inner bladders and as they were an update on the one I had I needed a new pump and Remote, this all came in as under $200.00. Bed is perfect now.

Hi Nicole
Thank you for reaching out. Best way to get in touch is using this link, https://customercare.ahbeard.com/create-claim/

Maryanne D.

Maryanne D.asked

SleepSense Range

My sleep sense is collapsing on one side ( right side air chamber)
The bladder has perished.
My question is can you purchase a new bladder and if so what is the cost for one air chamber for King Size bed?

Thefridgster

Recommend you contact JH Beard for a replacement bladder. They should have warranty replace if your bed is not too old.

Hi Maryanne D
You can contact us at customercare@ahbeard.com or https://customercare.ahbeard.com/create-claim/ .

PMH

PMHasked

Hi,
This bed has a rubbery/chemical smell that won't go away - and we have given it a couple of years to go? Some days it just permeates the house. The bed works OK but the smell is a real issue. Any suggestions as to how to get rid of it?
PH

Hi PMH
We are sorry to hear that and that sounds unusual 2 years. We want to help. Are you able to provide your details here, https://customercare.ahbeard.com/create-claim/.

Nigel Mitchellasked

Vitality Queen

We have persevered with this mattress and finally given in and purchased a new mattress as the most uncomfortable mattress we have ever slept on - does not support the body whilst sleeping and wake with a bad back. Only decent night's sleep we have had is when we have not been home. Don't think this can be rectified just a bad design with cheap foam and two air beds - have tried bed toppers and still no good as virtually no support in the middle of the bed - vastly overpriced at the retail price in the thousands - replaced with a $600 mattress and finally sleeping

Thefridgster

What a shame I'm sorry to hear that. We have had the mattress for nearly 5 years with no issues like that. Mind you it does sound like it wasn't pumped up firm enough which would cause the centre sag and back ache. Maybe there was something wrong with the pressure sensor. Ours is very firm!

Nigel Mitchell

Possibly but is hard in centre and just roll into the centre basically no support between the two inflatable mattresses. Feels ok at beginning of night but by morning even though pressure setting still shows maximum firm you always feel as if you are falling into the centreline of the two mattresses. Our daughters have slept in the bed when we are away and they also hate it

Christine W

Christine Wasked

SleepSense Range

One side of the bed continually deflates every day

Hi Christine W
Have you contacted AH Beard directly or your store of purchase?
You can contact AH Beard using this link https://customercare.ahbeard.com/create-claim/
We look forward to hearing from you.

DebsStu

I'd give Customer Service a call, I found them to be very helpful.
How old is your bed? I needed to have my bladders replaced as they were doing the same, and that didn't cost very much after 8 1/2 years. The warranty on these beds is about 25 yrs on a adjusted per year basis. I deflate my bed every morning to minimum setting and then re-inflate in the afternoon, then adjust just before sleep for my husband and I. Don't forget to top and tail your bed every 3 months or so, I was told to do this by one of the men that came out to change the bladders for new ones. You just need to remember the left side becomes the right side.

Alan

Alanasked

SleepSense Range

ACS unit not inflating bladder on left side.

Two suggestions
Check the hose going to the bladder is not kinked behind the bed. Pull the bed out to check. Or you have a bladder leak which should be under warranty if that's the case

Colleen Budge

Colleen Budgeasked

SleepSense Range

Can I buy a new controller for my bed it is an up-market gadget

DebsStu

I'm pretty sure you can, I have an older bed 8 yrs and just recently had the bladders changed under the pro rata warranty. I received a new controller unit as mine was no longer in existence, Don't forget you have a 25yr pro rata warranty with your bed and it does help, I was only out of pocket little over $200 for new bladders and controller.

Hi Colleen
We should be able to solve this for you.
You can get in touch on:
a. 1300 654 000 or
b. customercare@ahbeard.com

Wendy

Wendyasked

SleepSense Renew

We bought a sleepsense renew mattress and adjustable base last November and we are very happy with it. We want to know can we use an electric blanket on that mattress ? We were a bit concerned because of the air bladder getting hot.

Thanks, Regards Wendy

Thefridgster

The air bladder is well padded on top so assuming your electric blanket is getting very hot I cannot imagine that it could affect the bladder if the blanket is working properly. You could check with ah beard. I have my mattress now for over 3 years and absolutely happy with it.

Hi Wendy
I have just consulted the engineers. There is no problem using a an electric blanket on your mattress.
@Thefridgster thank you.
If you have any further questions please free to contact us on 1300 654 000 or email customercare@ahbeard.com

Gloriaasked

SleepSense Range

I have mislaid my instructions, please can you send me the info for the Black remote for settings. Label on back...RF-TOPLINE. 90882

Please email. grcootes@outlook.com

Thankyou

Hi Gloria.
We will be more than happy to email the details.
Please can you let us know exactly what product this is for?

Gloria

Mattress is Heron Plush, King single. Black remote. My query is about 3 buttons on remote. M1, M2 & diamond shape with an arrow pointing to the right. I did take photos but cannot download them on this page. Thankyou.

Try this

Doreen

Doreenasked

SleepSense Range

Am a bit worried have just brought $5,000 ah mattress & am reading reviews of only 2 stars rating

Hi Doreen
We never like hearing our customers doubting their decision. Just remember however that we sell thousands of these types of mattress every year. So in some context it quite insignificant.
Focus on the things that this new sleep surface will provide and that is:
Sleepsense allows each sleeper adjust the firmness on their side of the mattress, so you can both control what firmness you like best. You can adjust the firmness of your Sleepsense mattress daily or as your body's needs change overtime. For example, you might like a little extra softness after a tough workout or a slightly firmer mattress following a back injury.
Hope that puts your mind at ease.

SleepSense Vitality

We got a sleep sense vitality mattress on 1st June 2018. It is the worst bed I have slept on and I wake up every morning with a backache that nearly cripples me. It is lumpy and offers no support at all. Sorry we have wasted our money on this bed, but can't afford to throw it away for the price we paid. Am very disappointed in our purchase and want to have a decent nights sleep. Can you help.

Hi Mary.
I would advise that you submit a request to have your mattress checked.
You can either go to www.ahbeard.com
Customer Care
Get in Touch
A member of the Customer Care Team will be in touch.
Or call 1300 654 000

SleepSense Vitality

One side of my double mattress does not seem to be anywhere as firm as the other side when I set both sides to firm. What is the warranty on the mattress?

Hi Mary
Your mattress has a 10 year warranty.
Please submit a Service request via the AH Beard website.
The link is below for convenience.
We will be in touch soon to see how we can help within two working days of receipt of your request
Sue@AHBeard

daina

dainaasked

SleepSense Range

The remote that i have for the bed is showing a blue rectangle on the screen. I have replaced the batteries and it is still not bringing up the actual visual it is supposed to be to adjust the firmness of the mattress. how do i fix this?

AH B.AH Beard

A blue square on the remote control screen most likely indicates that the remote has disconnected from the ACS (pump). This can be easily reconnected by following these steps:

Turn the ACS off at the power outlet. If you have more than one Sleepsense mattress, turn off any other ACS (pump) units that may be close by.

Turn the ACS (pump) back on. Immediately press the R button on remote control, release the button, then hold the same button down until the people icons appear on the screen. A blue light should flash on the ACS. If the light on the ACS turns green but no people icons appear on the screen, repeat this procedure until the remote successfully re-pairs with the ACS.
Please see the below youtube link that helps explain the process.

anne

anneasked

SleepSense Range

What are the materials used in these mattresses?

Good Morning Anne
Thanks for your question
The top layer consists of a stretch knit fabric, under this are two layers of breathable comfort layers to assist in air flow around the body while sleeping.
The comfort layers are a mixture of breathable layers and foams ( gel and memory) the density of the will depend on the comfort layer chosen.
The support system consists of two air chambers, these can be inflated or deflated to provide the required comfort for each user.
I trust this information will be useful.
Regards AH Beard

SleepSense Vitality

Should the mattress make a noise when going down to plush, or only when going up to firm?
It is the vitality model

Hi Mary
The Adjustable Comfort System (pump) needs to work to inflate and deflate the mattress. I hope this helps with your question
Please call 1300 654 000 if you have further questions

Kwilson

Kwilsonasked

SleepSense Range

We war having difficulty with our remote control. No picture comes up to set the left or right side. We have misplaced the manual (not even sure we got one at delivery) but have just got a replacement one from ah beard but it's also not working properly... help anyone!!! ???

pat
pat

I found the sleep sence app & downloaded it to my phn.
This works a treat & better than the remote

AH B.AH Beard

If you ever need help please call 1300 654 000. Please also check the Knowledge articles on our website.
www.ahbeard.com Customer Care.

Bevasked

SleepSense Renew

How do you reset the memory on the remote? We have had ours since March this year and want to reset from medium to firm. We can pump it up to firm by pushing the FIRM button on the remote but it doesn't seem to remember the new setting. If we just press the MEM button it immediately goes down to the Medium setting so it hasn't remembered the new setting of FIRM

Using the mem button -
Set your preferred firmness for R and L sides
For a side, say L press mem till it flashes and press L while flashing. That registers L side.
Do the same for R
Then when you press mem later, that side shown will return to the firmness originally set.

Bev

Thanks so much. It seems to have worked and we now have the correct settings

Please contact Customer Care on 1300 654 000 if you have any queries

kateasked

SleepSense Vitality

Just wondering if you feel it is cooler to sleep on. ie is it like sleeping on an air mattress (more plush of course) but they tend to be cold.

bad_robot

There are 2 air bags in the mattress for each side. The layered covering is sufficient to provide a good level of insulation to prevent the user lying directly on the air bag and so perhaps feeling cold.
it is the layered insulation's ability to not take on the shape of your body and tending to be compressed in that area that is the question. This mattress is now tending to do that and become visibly noticeable. Air bags are firm.
The real benefit is the ability to raise the head of the bed for improved sleeping posture specially if you suffer from sleep aphonia..

kate

Thanks so much for your swift reply! the bed feels good in the shop, so a shame about the problems with it! You have addressed a lot of our questions - thanks heaps.

Rip off
Rip off

Feels like a normal bed in terms of temp. I'm complaining more about the settings

Get an answer from our members and AH Beard representatives