APIA Car Insurance

APIA Car Insurance Questions & Answers

Verifiedapia.com.au
david mackenzie
david mackenzie · Car Insurance

can you choose your own repairer

Anni
Anni

David F.
David F. · Car Insurance

Claims Manager

Dick B
Dick B · Car Insurance

I am currently with Suncorp which is due to renew on 19 May 2023 (full comprehensive, $500 excess and hire car. Did an online quote with APIA, Woolworths and Australian Seniors which appear to be a great price for 10,000 km a year and $500 or $600 excess. Now I have read the reviews, I doubt APIA would be a good decision to go with. I note that APIA's parent company is Suncorp anyhow (my current insurer).

Hi Dick
I can only give my feedback in this column.

If your current Suncorp is in the same family and you have weighed the pros & cons then your decision is the most sensible one!

levend62
levend62

Most companies eg Suncorp own like ten different companies eg AAMI. Apia,Shannons, Insure my Ride, Bingle, and more and they all claim we do things differently. It's a Merry-go-round. As a senior myself I find it devasting reading reviews eg This company.

Les · Car Insurance

Who are the APIA preferred repairers in Melbourne?

Amy N.

Apia sent me to Capital Smart which I didn't go ahead with my claim.

Les

Thank you for your reply Amy. Can I ask why you didn't progress your claim. Was it something to do with Capital Smart?

Nancy P.
Nancy P.

Les I think you should read previous reviews

Mirella T.
Mirella T. · Car Insurance

how do I pay the car insurrance

paul

Like any account. Simply ASK APIA. You can pay accounts via email or phone APIA & they will tell you. Phone 135050.

Wally
Wally · Car Insurance

Please confirm my access to APIA Car Insurance. I join by internet 8/06/22 .
Janina PIETRUNIEWICZ , [Complete Address Removed]
2001 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE LTD. WG. V8.4.7 L. reg no. [Removed], Third Party
Start from(28/06/2022 ) Contact me: [Contact Details Removed]
Thank you.

Angel · Car Insurance - Comprehensive

When you payed for agreed value on your car, they can not depreciate your car because your paying extra for that car through your insurance ,your not paying for market value also they have a habit of putting insurance up cars devalue over time there rip offs I'm getting out

Chelsea
Chelsea

I am right behind I am taking my other car, house and contents to someone else and when I do either get a payout or my car back I will be saying bye bye.

Debbie C.
Debbie C. · Car Insurance

What is my access on my car insurance

paul

Read your policy as the insurance excess you agreed on will be written on your policy. If you increase the excess, you will usually get a cheaper policy, so you can save money that way.

Angel · Car Insurance

Why does our car insurance go up when I haven't had a claim and the car depreciates every year this is wrong

Brian
Brian

I believe that the answer lies in the fact of costs of repair parts and labour combined with insurance company admin costs will always be rising with overall levels of general national inflation. The actual depreciated "value" of the car is not really related to the real-world current (rising) costs of repairs, replacement and/or admin.

Angel

They keep putting my insurance up

Christine W. · Car Insurance - Comprehensive

I have lodged a claim with APIA, for damage to my car by a third party. But I was told by APIA that I have to pay the excess upfront, and I'll get it refunded "IF things work out with the third party"! I am having anxiety over the idea that I might get stuck with the $825 excess bill! This seems so wrong, when I'm the victim!

New Customer
New Customer

Check your product disclosure statement. Good luck! I forwarded my bank statement to them 4 days ago showing I was charged twice for my CTP renewal. Still NO communication. Apia needs to be held to account!

Christine W.

Thanks. I will do that. Good luck with yours.

paul merrett
paul merrett · Car Insurance

my car has been scratched on boot. if i make a claim do the premiums rise

David
David · Car Insurance - Comprehensive

Hi want now about my car insura

Jo Anthony
Jo Anthony · Car Insurance

I have had an accident and I have paid to have a replacement car while mine is getting fixed how long is this for is it until mine is fixed or a limited

Rick K
Rick K · Car Insurance

After your car is repaired and you cancell the policy does the life time guarantee still apply if you are still the owner of the car and you go to a different company

paul

"Life", in English, may refer to the life of the car, OR your lifetime, [perhaps another 50 years]? They should not cancel it while you are still alive. To stop the "lazy tax" [people who are too lazy to check competitors prices] we should check prices AND what the coverage is, every year or two [plus the star ratings on Product Review].

Dave Thomson

Hi Rick to be honest mate I'm so pissed with this company I actually dont care anymore even now two WEEKS after the accident I still dont have my car back but for sure I'll NEVER go back with them again the only good thing thats come out of this is the bad publicity they've gave themselves, just beggars belief aye ?

Dave Thomson · Car Insurance

WHEN is this so called Manger going to call me back ?????????????????

Scott Perkins
Scott Perkins

Didn’t know that’s one of reasons I left APIA

paul

Try contacting Consumer Affairs & I think there is an Insurance Ombudsman who will act if they ignore your written requests. The manager may have gone off "sick" [due to "overwork"!] Request his underlings help you, & refer them to this widely read product review site, which is giving them even more bad reviews, & losing them LOTS of business!

Dave Thomson

Thanks Paul so disgusted with the level of unacceptable service I WILL be cancelling my policy I dont need a company that treats its customers in such a bad way, thanks for your reply mate its very much appreciated and a whole lot more than APIA did.....

Wayne C.
Wayne C. · Car Insurance

Accidentally broke my back window today. It's going to cost me $375.00 how much can I claim for? [Name and Number Removed] Thank you.

paul

The insurance co. will tell you. Why dont you ASK them? I believe you can claim the full amount, LESS any excess YOU have chosen.

Rob
Rob · Car Insurance

when do your repairers replace parts new for old ? especially if the car is under 3 years old.

Edmond Godfrey
Edmond Godfrey · Car Insurance

How do i claim a broken windscreen

wingnut
wingnut

ask the insurance company

shez · Car Insurance

Have you been asked to pay excess in a Not at Fault accident by APIA or told they cannot decide liability after a rear-ender? Interested in comments from those over 50s people insured with APIA who have been told by APIA that they have to pay the excess payable in not at fault accidents, rear-enders, side-swiped, etc. Particularly interested in those with claims denied and being held at fault after review when the other driver’s insurer is a sister Suncorp Group entity. I am currently following the processes to take them on as this seems to be a common occurrence.

sam
sam

No. I have not paid excess on my rear end claims.

Michelle
Michelle

I have had so much go wrong with APIA telling me I had to pay excess when the other driver accepted liability was just the beginning. I am currently going through the Australian Financial Complaints Authority private message me if you would like my details I definitely want to take this further

Hi Michelle,
Will do. AFCA is hopeless. All my recent dealings has had decisions in favour of the Banks and Insurers as they are staffed with some who are still wet behind the ears (you pay peanuts- you get monkeys) or who have worked with insurers or banks’ and determinations are made just rubber-stamping the first decision . What a farcical ‘watchdog’ setup. These people just like internal disputes people at Banks and insurers usually have no legal nous or qualifications nor proper external disputes resolution training plus they justify decisions by telling you they ‘decide issues not necessarily according to Australian laws’ and they say they do this ‘to be fair’ - so don’t hold your breath.

Qiuchen L
Qiuchen L · Car Insurance

Hi bodies, have you ever tried to buy/renew insurance or claim via APIA website instead of phone call? Share your experiences please.

Get an answer from our members and APIA representatives

Select a listing for your question
APIA Car Insurance

Extra Information

Seniors Car Insurance
AWN Insurance (Australian Warranty Network)
Presidian Group