Aptamil Gold+ Pepti-Junior

Aptamil Gold+ Pepti-Junior Questions & Answers

Zoe M.
Zoe M.

Hello, we have been on Novalac Allergy formula for 5 weeks since stopping breastfeeding, but our 8 month old has had diarrhoea on and off so dr thinks she isn’t tolerating it. We have switched to Aptamil Gold+ Pepti-Junior and will try it for a week to see how she goes. What is a ‘normal’ poo on this formula? With Novalac they said dark green and thick was good. So just wondering what her poo will look like if she is tolerating this formula.

Aptamil   DM

Hi Zoe, Thank you for getting in contact with us. Yes, if you are using an extensively hydrolysed formula green stools (poos) are completely normal this is due to the way that the protein in extensively hydrolysed formula has been broken down.
A baby's poos will be green on an extensively hydrolsyed, this does not mean they are not tolerating the formula. You can also expect her poos to be a little softer on an extensively hydrolysed formula. We do have a great resource that might help to answer some of the questions you have. Please call us on AU:1800 438 500 NZ: 0800438 500 if you would like this or have any other questions. Kind regards, Tara, Careline Dietitian

Amy T
Amy T

Hi, our 4.5 month old has had eczema all over his face and body. Before switching to Pepti Junior he was on Novalac, which seemed to have cleared the majority of his eczema. However, since switching to Pepti Junior it appears the eczema is returning. Could this be because Pepti Junior has dairy which could be causing the reaction?

Aptamil   DM

Hi Amy, Thanks so much for your question. I would recommend going back to your doctor and discussing the eczema with them. They can do a thorough assessment and give you some individualized support. Alternatively, feel free to call us on AU: 1800 842 098 NZ: 0800 438 500 so that we can find out a bit more about your situation and give you some advice :) Kind regards, Sarah

Victoria S.
Victoria S.

Hi, is there a current shortage of Pepti Junior? Our paed is providing us with a script but has said that there is no supply of it available right now. She has recommended Allerpro when it's not available - what is the difference between the two? Are they both extensively hydrolysed to the same amount?

Aptamil   DM

Hi Victoria, we do have good Pepti Junior stock again so if you want help with getting this, please call us on 1800 438 500.

Both Allerpro Syneo and Aptamil Pepti Junior are used for the management of a cow's milk protein allergy and soy allergy. They are both 100% whey protein and the proteins are broken down into small peptide chains (extensively hydrolysed). They both have added fish oils.
Aptamil Allerpro Syneo has our added syn-biotic blend (a combination of prebiotics and a probiotic which work together) and 40% of carbohydrate from lactose, whereas Aptamil Pepti Junior has no prebiotics or probiotic and is clinically lactose-free.

Please reach out again as needed, kind regards, Hilary

katie D.
katie D.

Hi I had the same problem and my partner suggested ringing a compound chemist tried that cause we had a script for omeprazole liquid a few weeks ago but couldn't get it anywhere other then the hospital or a compound chemist hope that helps

Jodi H.
Jodi H.

Hi there my boy has been on pepti jnr for 4 months and just in the last week is mucus pooing after every feed, unsettled alot more and his reflux seems worse (was slowly getting better with age). Any ideas on why this may be happening before going back to dr?

Aptamil   DM

Hi Jodi, It would be best to go back to the doctor and discuss this further. Cheers Sue Nutricia Careline.

Emily C.
Emily C.

Hi, my baby is having reflux from the aptamil pepti junior, I've read on other posts aptamil thickener is recommended. Is the thickener appropriate for babies with cows milk intolerance? Thanks

Aptamil   DM

Hi Emily, yes it is fine to use the Aptamil feed thickener with an allergy formula. It does not contain any dairy products. Cheers Sue Nutricia Careline

Joey T.
Joey T.

Hi , my son has just started with this formula 4 days ago. Is it normal that he hasnt done a poo since yesterday? He used to be very regular with his poo.

Aptamil   DM

Hi Joey, If the consistency of the poos is ok (when he poos) then this is fine. You can talk to your doctor or call us at the Careline 1800438500 if you have any further concerns.

Jenn

My 12 week old son has started using Aptamil Gold Pepti Junior and screams/arches his back seconds after every feed. He is full as he won’t finish the bottle. It seems to be causing more issues then fixing them. He is extremely unsettled after each feed.

Aptamil   DM

Hi Jenn, it sounds like your baby also has reflux issues and the Pepti Junior is a very thin formula. You can ask your HCP if Aptamil Feed Thickener may be a good option for your wee boy to help with this or you can call us on 1800 438 500 so we can have a chat to help you too. Kind regards, Hilary

Aptamil   DM

Hi Jenn, it is possible that your little one is suffering from silent reflux, and you can try adding the Aptamil Feed Thickener to the Pepti-Junior to see if that helps. Please contact us at the Careline on 1800 438 500 or email nutriciacareline@danone.com and one of our dietitians or nutritionists will be able to confirm this is the best course of action. Warm regards, Caroline - Careline Nutritionist

Jenn

Thank you for the reply. He does suffer from quite severe reflux and is medicated for this however, the reflux pain seems even worse while using this formula.

Aptamil   DM

Hi Jenn, if he is suffering from reflux, then this can be worse on Aptamil Pepti-Junior as the formula is thin. You can try the Aptamil Feed Thickener and see if this works. You can use Aptamil Feed Thickener with most reflux medications, but not Gaviscon. Again, please reach out to Careline if you would like to discuss this further with one of our team members. Caroline - Careline Nutritionist

Basma A.
Basma A.

My 3 month old doesn’t accept the flavor of Aptamil Pepti Junior (not the plus). Is there any way to ease the taste?? I tried even mixing with breastmilk but she didn’t accept it!

Aptamil   DM

Hi Basma, please contact us at Careline on 1800 438 500, and one of our dietitians or nutritionists can give you some hints and tips to help your little one accept the Aptamil Pepti-Junior. Warm regards, Caroline - Careline nutritionist

Mimi A.
Mimi A.

My baby is 7 weeks old and we gave her her first bottle of this formula today, after feeding she vomited a big amount a clear watery liquid, is that normal?

Aptamil   DM

Hi Mimi, Aptamil Pepti-Junior is a thin formula and is easier to come up as a spill or vomit so what you have experienced is likely to be normal. Please contact us at Careline at 1800 438 500 or email nutriciacareline@danone.com and one of our dietitians or nutritionists will be able to discuss this further with you. Warm regards, Caroline - Careline Nutritionist

Sam W.

My 4 month old baby is currently breastfed and were trying to transation over to Aptamil Gold+ Pepti-Junior that be doctor has prescribed. However we have tried to get bubs to take it, but refuses and screams, is there anything we can add to bottle or any tips for a 4 month old.

Aptamil   DM

Hi Sam. You can mix made-up formula with breast milk, and this can sometimes help a baby get used to the different taste of formula etc. You can do a gradual transition: Try this every feed, over 3-4 days.
Transition by having ¾ breast milk with ¼ formula for a couple of days, then ½ breast milk with ½ formula for a couple of days, then ¼ breast milk with ¾ formula. Or just whatever you can express really.
To help with the taste you can temporarily also add a couple of small drops of vanilla essence (those that contain no sorbate) to the bottle for the first few days.
I hope that helps. Feel free to give us a call. AUS: 1800 438 500 Or NZ: 0800 438 500 :) Laura

Aptamil   DM

Best of luck Sam :) Feel free to give us a call with how you get on or if you have any questions. Laura

Shikha S.
Shikha S.

My baby 11 month have cow milk allergy detect from 9 month but he is refusing Similac total comfort should i try apta milk pepti . How the test ?

MumofLexi

My 7 weeks old baby is on Aptamil Gold + Pepti Junior for 6 days now and since then she has been passing runny dark green poo. Is this normal? How long until the dark green runny poo will go away?
Thanks.

Aptamil   DM

Hi, you may notice some initial changes in your baby’s stools such as the colour, consistency and/or smell.
Some changes like green stools will continue and are completely normal while on a hypoallergenic formula like Pepti Junior. These changes are a result of how the protein has been broken down or how the free amino acids have been digested. Kind regards, Hilary

MumofLexi

Thank you, that’s very helpful.

Elisha
Elisha

Hello, just wondering if there is anything to combat my issue.
My baby (6 month old) has taken quite well to the formula without any sweetener but when he burps a litttle after the feed he crys and you can tell he hates the taste of the regurgitated formula. I feel so bad for him.

Aptamil   DM

Hi Elisha, it is probably the stomach acid that is coming up with the feed that he is objecting to. You can look at adding the Aptamil feed thickener to the formula to help keep the feed down in his tummy. Feel free to contact us at the Nutricia Careline for further assistance ph 1800438500. Cheers Sue

Mandy
Mandy

Hi I started this 5 days ago and added thickener as my 4wo got bad reflux from it.. she now has watery diarrheoa. Is this normal?

Aptamil   DM

Hi Mandy, This could be due to the fibre content in the Aptamil Feed Thickener. This should settle down as baby's gut gets used to it. You can try adding less thickener to see if that also helps. Please give us a call at the Nutricia Careline 1800438500 for more assistance. Cheers Sue

Hi,
My nine week old has just been diagnosed with a CMPI. We have been prescribed Aptamil Gold+ Pepti Junior as a starting point. Can you please advise how much maple syrup/brown sugar or vanilla I should be putting in to make it more palatable for him? Also, how I go about reducing the amounts of sweetener once he is comfortable taking the formula?
Any other tips or things to be mindful of would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

Aptamil   DM

Hi Jess. You can try adding 1-2 drops of pure, unpreserved vanilla essence (those that contain no sorbate) to the bottle for the first few days. Gradually decrease the quantity (from 2 to 1 drop), and frequency e.g adding every second bottle, then stop adding vanilla altogether. All the best, Laura

Jess

Thanks so much for getting back to me. I really appreciate it.

Sarah
Sarah

Hello, we have been on this formula for 6 days and her poos are very loose with a lot of mucus. Her bottom is also starting to get very red. She will not take the formula therefore it is mainly going down the NG tube.

Aptamil   DM

Hi Sarah, it is not unusual for bowel motion to be loose on Aptamil Pepti-Junior. The mucus could still be from the inflammation that was in her gut, but we would expect this to resolve. We normally recommend trying a formula for at least a week and preferably two. You have already tried the formula for almost a week and things have not improved. You may need to reach out to your paediatrician again and discuss options with them. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact Careline at 1800 438 500 or email nutriciacareline@danone.com and one of our dietitians or nutritionists will be able to assist you. Warm regards, Caroline - Careline nutritionist.

Jenna
Jenna

I have just started 9 week old baby on aptamil pepti-junior gold due to prescribed by doctor and day 3 and poo is very firm. Is this something that will settle?

Aptamil   DM

Hi Jenna, we do recommend trying a new formula for at least a week. Please keep using the formula for a few more days and it may still settle. If it does not settle, then you can go back to your doctor or contact one of our dietitians or nutritionists at Careline on 1800 438 500 or email nutriciacareline@danone.com. Warm regards, Caroline - Careline Nutritionist

Miray A.
Miray A.

Hello,
Im coming from overseas and my baby takes aptimal pepti junior, we live in the UAE but the pepti juniour here isn't the gold+. I just want to know whether they are the same taste and same ingredients?

saraâli

Can anyone knew it why NOVALAC ALLERNOVA milk is not available in Saudi Arabia from 3months its out of stock due to this reason dr change to aptamil pepty junior but my baby doesn't like the taste when she will deep sleep then she will drink only 90ml , and for NOVALAC she will take in a day 3,4 time and in night also 2,3 times every feeding 120 ml.... and for about pepti jr whole and and night ,2, to 3 times only 90 ml she's now 15 months old she diagnosed cow milks protein allergy

Aptamil   DM

Hi Saraali, I can't answer your question about the availability of Novalac Allernova milk as that is not our product. If you would like some assistance to get your baby to accept the Aptamil Pepti-Junior, please call us at 1800 438 500 or email nutriciacareline@danone.com and one of our dietitians or nutritionists will be able to help you. Warm regards, Caroline - Careline Nutritionist.

Yara N.
Yara N.

Hello please i really need your help to tell me how can i make aptamil pepti junior more thick ? My baby is complaining chocking issue because the formula is too thin ! She cant drink at all all the amount goes away on her clothes even im using slow flow nipple ! And theres no aptamil feed thickener in my country. Thanks

Sharuen Q.
Sharuen Q.

I am sorry to say I might be of no help because my boy he could accept it but I heard some mothers did get thickener from their local chemist. Maybe is worth to check in ur area or ask ur GP?

Aptamil   DM

HI Yara, Sharuen is correct it would be best to talk to your local pharmacy or your doctor about using a thickener or medication for reflux that is available in your country. Cheers Sue Nutricia Careline

saraâli

Hi, YARA you can use NOVALAC ALLERNOVA INFANT MILK FORMULA from birth to 3years it's very thick formula I'm using this formula to my baby...

Get an answer from our members and Aptamil representatives