BMW Roadside Assistance

BMW Roadside Assistance Questions & Answers

4 questions from our users

RobertBasked

Hi, we have just taken ownership of a 2017 X3 20D BMW, its only done 28,000 k’s in great condition with BMW service history, & it has run flat tyres, & no jack, the Roadside Assistance & Accident package runs out late March, after reading all the comments, naturally questions if it worth renewing, or should we just add it onto our existing RACV roadside assistance ? any comments re RACV & BMW assistance experience , comments would be most welcome & appreciated regards Robert

Hi Robert,
I've been with BMW Road Side assistance since I got my car on 2017. I purchased it brand new so it came with complimentary two years of RA. I have a X1 and it has run flat tyres as well. I experienced few flat tyres since then which was very easy to handle as I have an insurance for flat tyres and just drove to a BMW service department with no drama. However, a couple of them happened during weekend or long weekend and I was unsure if it will run flat for a few days (which it did, you might only need to top the pressure up) so I contacted BMW road side assistance and I received absolutely 0 support. They said they don't provide a spare tyre and cannot replace it so they will tow the car to their parking area (which I didn't know where it was!), will keep it there until the service centre is open! As far as I am aware of, in the same situation RACV comes with a spare tyre and changes it for you! So needless to say I didn't renew it. And my last experience with BWM RA was even worse as you read it in my review. I lodged a complaint but it didn't go anywhere. So I don't recommend it.

RobertB

Hi Tara, a big thank you for your feedback & reply, l have also been investigating a space saver spare tyre, jack & brace kit, from USA or UK, cost about $800 delivered to Aust, asked if they had a local agent, then also will also ask BMW clubs for there input / suggestions. I will certainly take your suggestion & advice and add the car to our RACV membership, it seems the best choice, thank you again for taking the time to reply to my query, regards Robert.

Hi Robert,
I highly recommend BMW car insurance to cover flat tyres, it is an Alianze insurance and I cannot recommend it enough. When I got my car, they had a different insurance for flat tyres which was $1000 for 3 years of cover (3 flat tyres per year and one serious damage per year) with no excess no hidden charges no nothing. just drive in, they replace the tyre and done (at any tyre centre too). That was the only insurance that I actually have got to use it since I got the car. I think now it has combined with their car insurance policy which covers two tyres per year. Considering the high price of each tyre I think it's totally worth it. Ask your BMW centre to get a quote for you. They have better deals with the insurance so they can get you a much better price.

Daniel

Danielasked

An absolute night mare. My car was not booked for a tire change for 24 hours although I was promised, then upon calling, it was done. However, my car was abondoned at the tire shop. I was offered a 200$ voucher. Now one after the other, they are making excuses. I will never recommend this nonsense. RAC is better and reliable.
Amir

Bev

Bevasked

How far do BMW Roadside Assist tow your car free of charge?For example,if we were at Lightning Ridge,NSW,the nearest BMW Service centre is probably Newcastle. Would they tow the car that far for free?

Charlie
Charlie

They tow your vehicle to the nearest authorised BMW dealer. This is included in your BMW roadside assist for free.

Nick R
Nick R

But they refuse to tow it home.

Nissa

Nissaasked

X3 engine presure low caution on the screen then i stop the car. Engine oil dropped on the road. What can i do?

ERIC36
ERIC36

I would consider contacting the service centre for advice (which I suspect they will not be very helpful according to my experience, they will probably start saying something like call roadside assistance or give you a number for a tow truck). Call roadside assistance, but they will say something like they will try to come around in next 4 hours or something like that. Wish you all the best.