Breville Bambino Plus BES500

Breville Bambino Plus BES500 Questions & Answers

BES500BSS (Stainless Steel), BES500SST (Sea Salt), BES500BTR (Black Truffle)
Listing monitored by Breville

6 questions from our users

Helen Casked
Bambino Plus BES500

I bought one in February but can’t get a good extraction out of either the single or double shot. Have tried several different grind sizes, with the double shot i’m lucky to get 30ml of coffee. Am I doing something wrong or is there a fault with my machine??

Tim
Tim

Grind should be just starting to clump ish as it lands in the basket. You can go quite course with the double wall basket and still get a reasonable shot. R u too fine and it’s choking? Wet or dry puck? How’s it run without a shot in it (it is possible that the hole in the basket is blocked but unlikely if this problem was from new)? What coffee are you using (if from the supermarket it will be very ordinary)?

Helen C

The puck is coming out wet. We use an expresso grind from a local coffee roaster.

Helen C

Without the group handle i’m getting 63g of water, when the group handle is in with coffee I’m getting 40g of coffee. Puck is wet but comes out in clumps, maybe I’m expecting to much as we also have an oracle as our everyday machine.

Mhe
Mheasked
Bambino Plus BES500

I would like to buy a single (non pressurised) filter basket for my Breville Bambino Plus, however Breville Customer Service advised me you cannot use these basket with this particular machine, I have a Breville Dose Control Grinder Pro and prefer to grind my coffee beans and use the single wall filter basket instead of the provided dual wall. Question is a single wall filter basket compatible with this espresso machine

From their own website:-
Filter 1 Cup Single Wall
Model: SP0001518 (works with BES500)

They also have the 2 Cup Single Wall which we bought from them and use.

Nan B.
Nan B.asked
Bambino Plus BES500

Hi.. my Bambino plus BES500 has stopped making hot Steam/water. I’ve cleaned, descaled then factory respect. Nothing. Does it have a thermostat? I love my Bambino Coffee machine.. I’m in Geraldton WA 6530. Is there someone that can help me here plz ?

Reviewer R.

Why not ask Breville directly?

Deb N.
Deb N.

Ours is doing the same thing. Did you figure out how to fix the issue?

Claireasked
Bambino Plus BES500BSS (Stainless Steel)

Got my machine today, so excited.
But I can’t put the coffee arm into machine.
It clicks up but I can’t turn it to lock,,like I’m not strong enough.

SunGypzy
SunGypzy

It is very stiff to start with but should loosen up over time. You need to use both hands. One to hold the machine steady and the other to turn the group handle. Hope this helps. :). Good luck with it.

Claire

Thankyou will keep trying...when I washed and put the little coffee holder back in it really clicked...hopefully that will help too..thanks

Joanne
Joanneasked
Bambino Plus BES500

I’d like to buy non-pressurised filter basket. What size should I get?

Alan W.
Alan W.

54mm

Mrs. Christine Falletti
Mrs. Christine Fallettiasked
Bambino Plus BES500BSS (Stainless Steel)

Milk isn’t frothing as much as it use to even after cleaning the steam wand-anything else I can do?

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives

Breville Bambino Plus BES500