Carsales.com.au Questions & Answers

42 questions from our users

Stevek

Stevekasked

Hi there

Do you guys give sales details for wreckers too?

Or is it only normal cars that you have ads on?

carsalesCarsales.com.au

Hey Stevek, we don't specifically advertise for wrecker services. For sellers, we do allow vehicles that have been written off to be advertised. You can find this field in the Details section of the ad (under comments). Feel free to give us a call on 13 72 53 to clarify further.

Alison Kim Northcote

Alison Kim Northcoteasked

where do find a list of fees for me to sell my car, please

carsalesCarsales.com.au

Hey Alison, thanks for the question! You can find out selling fees here: https://www.carsales.com.au/sell-my-car . In the "I'll make an ad" box, click "Let's get started". Our prices depend on how much you plan on selling your car for.

If you're not sure how much your car is worth, I recommend heading to our valuation tool to see what we suggest: https://www.carsales.com.au/car-valuations/

-Kate

Lee-anne P.

Lee-anne P.asked

Looking at a second hand Toyota Prado. Which year or model has held up over time?

carsalesCarsales.com.au

Hey Lee-ann, great question and not one we can answer off the top of our heads, but we do have a few news, reviews and advice articles about the Toyota Prado on our Editorial page here: https://www.carsales.com.au/editorial/results/?q=%28And.Keywords.keyword%28Prado%29._.Make.Toyota._.Category.4x4%20Offroad%20Cars.%29

Arthur Jasked

Why dont you tell people that are sending enquiries to a dealer that the dealer is being charged $45
( on top of the other fees you charge them ) for their enquiry ?
Your site doesnt show what suburb the dealer is in so some enquiries I made were for cars too far away which was a waste of my time and their money !!!!

carsalesCarsales.com.au

Hi Arthur, thanks for your question - we understand that there's no one size fits all for dealers so we have a range of plan options for them to choose from depending on their needs. I'll also note that there is the option to search for sellers within a certain distance from your postcode - you can find this under Location. Thanks.

Arthur J

Thanks for the prompt response and the info re narrowing down a dealers location . This certainly would prevent enquiries to dealers who are too far away.
However you didnt answer as to why the dealers identity is hidden - if I knew who they were I could check whether they were reputable or not.
I found that the Gumtree site had all the dealers details and a contact phone number saving all the guesswork.

carsalesCarsales.com.au

Hi Arthur, we hide the location of the dealer because we use blind advertising as part of our leads-based model for dealers. We believe this helps to make the conversation to be about the specific car and creates a better experience for buyers not being bombarded by dealership branding. By having the dealer pay for the enquiry, we also see dealers are more likely to reply and value your enquiry. Through that dialogue, you're able to ensure the car you're interested in is in stock and ready to inspect at a time that suits you as opposed to if you were to visit a dealership for a specific car without enquiring first. I will note that if you have had a poor dealer experience, we would like the opportunity to follow up on that. I'll send you a private message just in case.

Barry B.asked

I havent been able to put my add in yet

Barry b

carsalesCarsales.com.au

Hi Barry - Sorry to hear that your having troubles getting your ad online! Once you've posted your ad it will go into a pending state for a couple of hours whilst we check it over, if we need anymore information we would contact you. If you've not yet been able to get to that stage then the fastest way to get on track would be to contact our customer care team on 13 72 53 and they'll be able to walk you through the process.

Andrew C.

Andrew C.asked

2018 GLE 350 d review

carsalesCarsales.com.au

Hey Andrew, to find our editorial content and reviews, simply head to carsales.com.au/editorial . You can search by make/model there. It doesn't look like we've reviewed the 2018 GLE 350 but we have reviewed the 2019 model - you can find this and more here: https://www.carsales.com.au/editorial/mercedes-benz/gle-class-marketing-group/

RWUasked

Hi,
I would like to promote my vehicle for sale through your website.
Could you please advise if it is possible to promote/ advertise the vehicle and then temporarily "block "the advertisement and then re-invoke the advertisement four weeks later. My situation is as follows.
1. Advertise vehicle Now
2. Block the advertisement 24 September( amusing it isn't Sold prior - 24 September and re-instate the advertisement 24 October )
(Wife and I will be overseas visiting family during the period referenced above).

Ron

Hi Ron,
Thanks for the question. Yes you can certainly do this. We refer to this as “pausing” an ad, and you can do this via your account anytime, as many times as you need to. Once you do this your ad won't be visible on the site until you re-activate it. I’d agree this would be the best thing to do if you’ve not sold by 24th September, as it will stop any enquiries coming through to you that you may not be able to answer and once you return you can re-activate the ad. Hope this helps Ron! If you have any more questions feel free to reach out to our customer care team on 13 72 53 for the quickest support.
Cheers Ron!

Thanks - appreciated
Regards
Ron

Christine Basked

How long can I have my car for sale on Carsales.com.au

carsalesCarsales.com.au

Hi Christine - Thanks for the question! When you post an advert on carsales it will be visible on the site until your car has sold and you choose to expire it, this could be a couple of days or months, there isn't a time limit.

We only ask that you regularly check the site for messages, if we don't see you for awhile then we'll pause your ad. We'll give you plenty of warning if we do this though and there's not a charge to reactivate. We do this to make sure all the adverts are active and current.

Hope this makes sense Christine! Feel free to reach out to our customer care team if you have anymore questions, you can contact them on 13 72 53.

Cheers,

ashtan

ashtanasked

What could I expect to get for a white 2009 Ssangyong Actyon Sports Dual Cab! PLEASE?

Rags
Rags

I have no idea

carsalesCarsales.com.au

Hi Ashtan, Thanks for the question! As a starting point, I’d recommend checking out our valuation tool that your able to access here, https://www.carsales.com.au/car-valuations/

There’s a few missing details so I can’t do the valuation for you, but you should be able to get a good indication by visiting the page linked above. I’d also suggest checking out the site to see what similar models are currently selling for. If you need further help feel free to give our customer care team a call, you can reach them on 13 72 53.

Cheers,

renovator88

renovator88asked

Hi, I can't seen to locate the Carsales Factsheet I bought on the site for people to check the history of my car. Where can I find it please.

carsalesCarsales.com.au

Hey Renovator88, when you view your ad on the site, under the photos should be the heading "Buy this car with confidence". A link to the car history report can be found under that. If you'd like to talk this through a bit more, please give us a call on 13 72 53 and we can walk you through it. Thanks! :) -Russ

Jennifer F.

Jennifer F.asked

Hi I have noted that your fees have increased quite significantly over the past three years..You have three options & prices for selling a vechicle..if I chose the mid one would it be advertised well & until sold..There are no other costs or fees to you upon sale is there.,Thanks for your time Regards Jennifer

Stephen L.
Stephen L.

Hi Jennifer, I agree there have been some price rises, but these have come with additional functionality and options over the years. They still offer a free selling option which can be updated to various other levels as needed. I have always been able to sell my cars at reasonable prices in a timeframe I am happy with.

carsalesCarsales.com.au

Hi Jennifer! Thanks for the question - Whilst our prices have risen over the years, your car would be advertised until you have sold it. The time to sell will of course depend on various factors, but regardless of if this takes days or weeks, it will be advertised until only you choose to expire it. Throughout this time you can edit it as many times as you'd like and you can choose to pause it if you wish. There is only the one up front cost for the advert, there are no further costs once you sell. You can get the ad easily set up through our site or we're happy to help if you'd like to call us on 13 72 53. Best of luck with your sale Jennifer!

Neal Haymanasked

How do I advertise my car for sale

Carsales.com

carsalesCarsales.com.au

Hey Neal, spot on! To start selling your car, go to https://www.carsales.com.au/sell-my-car . There you will have the option of creating a listing and selling it yourself or going through one of our wholesale partners to sell it via Instant Offer. If you require any assistance you can give us a call on 13 72 53.

Geraldine
Geraldine

Various other free sites and social media sites

Shijo

Shijoasked

What is the meaning of hold and sold

Markus
Markus

Hi Shijo, I dont understand your question. Sorry.

carsalesCarsales.com.au

Hi Shijo - Thanks for the question! To be sure i'm giving you the correct answer I would need a little more context! Generally speaking however, an ad would be on "Hold" when it is paused by a seller. Sellers pause listings for a variety of reasons, they could be unable to respond for a few days, or they might be unable to respond to enquiries for awhile. However if a car is sold, then the seller no longer has possession and the car will be removed permanently. I hope this helps? If this doesn't answer your question then I'd recommend reaching out to our customer care team on 13 72 53. Thanks. Russ

sapna

sapnaasked

I want to integrate carsales API into my website for the listing purpose.Please guide if you guys are providing APIs for it?

carsalesCarsales.com.au

Hi Sapna! Thanks for the question - I would recommend reaching out to our technical support team on 1300 728 800 and they'll be able to assist you further with this one! We do offer a variety of services but our technical support team would be best to discuss what would best suit your needs. Thanks! Russ

chris

chrisasked

how do I reduce my advertised price ?

carsalesCarsales.com.au

Hey Chris! To change the price on your ad, log in to carsales and go to 'Manage Ad' (on desktop, it'll be in the top right corner or in the drop down menu. On app, it's part of the menu on the left hand side). Select the ad you'd like to edit > click 'Edit Ad' > Change price in the details and click Save.
Your price change should appear on your ad shortly - price changes do go through a quick check and sometimes need manual approval by our customer service team. The team can also help you over the phone - you can give them a call on 13 72 53 :)
Good luck with the sale! -Kate

Tom t

Tom tasked

What is the value my 2006 tarago?

carsalesCarsales.com.au

Hi Tom, without knowing much else about your car, I suggest using our valuation tool as a price guide - https://www.carsales.com.au/car-valuations/
Based on the make/model/year/badge of your car and average market kms, this tool will provide a rough price range for your car.
We also offer RedBook Valuation Reports if you're looking for a more specific valuation which you can read more about here: https://www.redbook.com.au/valuation-report/
All the best! - Kate

roger.j51

roger.j51asked

I have paid $68.00 to list our vehicle - my question is how long does this fee allow for the listing ? Please advise . And Considering Xmas is fast upon us , this may not be a good time to sell , we may also change the listing details , place the add on hold if this is better . My email address is roger.j51@icloud.com . Hear from you Roger .

carsalesCarsales.com.au

Hi Roger! It looks like you’ve chosen our standard listing that allows you to keep your advert on the carsales site until your vehicle has sold. Once you’ve sold your vehicle you can then remove the ad by logging back into your carsales account and selecting the option to “Manage my ad” – If you’d like to place your ad on hold or make any edits to the listing you can also do this here. Just to note, to ensure the listings on our site are relevant we ask that you log in at least once a month, so as long as you can still respond to queries from potential buyers over the Christmas period there is no need to place the ad on hold. Thanks Roger. Russ

FRANK

FRANKasked

What does optioned mean on a ad for a car?

KathyB
KathyB

Not quite sure I understand. However if I think you mean the type of ad your money will buy, initially there are 3 packages, I took the Premium package which was the middle of the road one. You then have a number of other additional options like privacy protect, "Showcase your car" etc which all cost extra. As this is the fourth car I've sold on CarSales I've just gone with the premium package with no added extras and that's been sufficient. Hope this answers your question.

Tired Traveller
Tired Traveller

Optioned could also refer to the car itself meaning that the original buyer had added factory options to the base model

carsalesCarsales.com.au

Hey Frank! On some ads you'll see a label that says "Optioned". This means that there are fitted options with the car (e.g. bluetooth, sunroof). To check this out further, try clicking on an ad that says it's Optioned, then click the Optioned label once the ad loads and it should automatically scroll you down to the options the car comes with. Let us know if you have any other queries. Thanks! -Kate

Helen

Helenasked

Why can't i see the photos of the cars I am trying to view? When I click on each thumbnail they won't enlarge, its just black? Helen

Hi Helen,

Thanks for the question! I’d recommend reaching out to our customer care team if this problem persists as they’ll need to gather some details from you in order to help you troubleshoot. You can reach them on 13 72 53. Alternatively, in the mean time I’d recommend either trying to load the site again using a different browser, or cleaning out the cookies and cache stored within your current browser, you can do this by clicking the "Clear browsing data.." option within your browser window. More often than not the cookies and cache you have stored within your browser can cause issues across a range of websites so its always good to clear it out from time to time.

Thanks Helen,

Rob

Robasked

I'm considering buying a mid size SUV, I'm considering the Subaru Forester, any other suggestions under $50k?

Hey Rob,

As you can imagine, there are a range of factors that affect what car would be suitable so it's hard for us to provide a specific recommendation. But I do have a few articles that I think might be of interest:

We recently ran our carsales Best Used Cars awards for best medium SUV which may be of interest: https://www.carsales.com.au/editorial/details/advice-best-used-medium-suv-115123/

We also have an advice article from earlier this year that put some of the most popular medium SUV models head to head: https://www.carsales.com.au/editorial/details/advice-what-medium-suv-should-i-buy-111781/

Hopefully these help as a start :) Good luck with the search!
-Kate

Get an answer from our members and Carsales.com.au representatives