Coles Car Insurance

Coles Car Insurance Questions & Answers

1.5 from 1,425 reviews

57 questions from our users

Robasked

I currently have 3 cars insured through Coles insurance, today I tried insuring my new LDV T60 and instead of a price I get a screen stating that Coles cannot offer me insurance due to my circumstances. What is going on ?

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Rob, thanks for getting in touch. We're sorry to hear of your experience. We recommend calling our Customer Care Team on 1300 265 374, as they'll be best placed to assist you with this.

Rob

Spoke to customer care, My new car is one they don't insure, So the fact it is brand new, has a 5 star uncap rating means nothing to Coles. So I will be insuring this car elsewhere and moving my 3 other cars and 2 property insurances as well. Very poor of Coles to not care about loyalty to their customers.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

We're sorry to hear of your disappointment, Rob. Please be assured that we'll share you feedback with the relevant teams.

iron l.

iron l.asked

I request for access fee refunds and I got refund form from coles insurance but 3month after they still haven't refund yet.
Is it possible?? I asked 4times but nothing response. Just got auto response about 3 to 5 business day.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi, thanks for getting in touch. We'd recommend that you contact our Customer Support Team on 1300 265 374 as they'll be best suited to assist you further.

Margaret F.

Margaret F.asked

Could someone in car claims. Communicate. Put in a claim on 25th august. Someone phone to say my car was written off about 6 days later. And to submit the details of bank. Now we are having issues again. Saying i have to wait for an emailbefore i can hand the plates in. I was in the right. But there also hanging on to the excess as well. I live out of town and theres no transport. How long does it take to pay me out.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Margaret, thanks for getting in touch. We're sorry to hear of your frustrating experience and we'd like the opportunity to look into this for you. Can you please private message us your contact details, as well as your claim number and we'll have someone contact you?

susierobbo

susierobboasked

How about when a person initially calls about lodging a claim, they be supplied with some sort of form, or information as to what they need to send to make the claim. I sent everything that I was told on the phone. I spent a lot of time organising and making sure I had everything that I was told was required. I spent many, many hours, hoping to make it as quick and easy as possible for the claim to be assessed and finalised. I waited the five business days I was informed that it would be reviewed within. Another two business days later, I received an email asking for additional documents. I was told that these are what is required for the type of claim I was making. Why could I have been given this information, by way of some standardised form, if this is the standardised method? Why was I informed of what was NOT covered by my insurance following the review of what I had sent? Particularly when I had made no claim for any of the NOT COVERED items listed. I sent photos, as requested, to demonstrate my claim, only to be told that they may not be valid evidence. It's pretty offensive to be told this. I now have a response starting the 5 business day cycle again. How about trying t make it easier, rather than as difficult as possible Coles?

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi susierobbo, thanks for bringing this to our attention. We're sorry to hear of your poor experience with our service and we'll be sure to share your disappointment with our team. Could you please PM us your full name, contact number and policy number, so we're able to arrange for our Customer Care team to look into this for you?

Peter Smeaton

Peter Smeatonasked

Can I pay my insurance quarterly

Sachila W.
Sachila W.

As I know they give monthly or annual payment options.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi, Peter! Please call our Customer Care Team on 1300 265 374 so they can discuss this with you.

MartinS

MartinSasked

Not a question but more a statement for Coles.
I was so excited to get my quote as it was a fair bit cheaper than the rest of the market. However I am glad I checked on here. This is just a message to let Coles know that people do read these reviews and base their purchases accordingly. I am aware of how skewed online reviews for services can be but I am struggling to find a meaningful positive review. Best of luck Coles Car Insurance, perhaps I'll look again next year.

Adele

If you were in doubt check the underwriter-IAG- I am not the only one that like the premium, coverage and claims experience- but if you want to pay more go ahead!

Fair Go
Fair Go

What ever you do, avoid any impulses to contact Youi Insurance as they have been charged and convicted 15 times for deceptive conduct, defrauding customers and most recently, under a full Royal Commission Inquiry for not paying claims. Coles Insurance is middle market and reasonably reputable for a new player in the market. bye

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Martin, thanks for reaching out. We appreciate your feedback and we'll be sure to share it with our team for their review.

OSCAR

OSCARasked

I cancel my car policy and coles continuous charge monthly after few months, what I can do?

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Oscar, please call us on 1300 265 374 and we can look into this for you.

Adele

Contact them directly- make sure you received a record of your call. I recently transferred my policy to another car and they credited me the difference- I was offered either the credit card I used or cheque. Last resort would be to dispute transaction with bank. But why wait you should have done this after the 1st transfer from your account if you thought you had cancelled your policy

Adele

Oscar how can you write a comment here and not get yourself to your bank and stop the authority. Waiting a couple of months- ? And then complaining here- you obviously have more money than me.

Melissa.Casked

Hi Ihad a lady crash into me on Saturday took the car today for an assessment they say it would take up to 7days to repair even though I don't have hire car on my policy why should I have to be without a car when the accident was not my fault? Spoke to someone from Coles today and asked why doesn't the person who hit me be up for the cost of a hire car why should I have to walk to walk. I then asked for the other persons insurance company which they said they did not no not very happy with Coles Insurance

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Melissa, thank you for reaching out to us. We're sorry to hear of your poor experience with our Car Insurance service. Could you please reach out to us in private message confirming your full name, policy/claim number and contact number? We'd like to arrange for our Customer Care team to look into this with you.

Melissa.C

Still waiting for someone to contact me

Melissa.C

Coles Insurance is a joke nobody wants to help you going to cancel my policy once this is sorted

Sam

Samasked

why do you not cover my 30 year old daughter with a clean driving record for an Audi q3

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Sam, thanks for getting in touch. We'd recommend that you contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 265 374 as they'll be best suited to assist you further.

Harry A.

Harry A.asked

I have started my insurance in 2014 for $ 460 comprehensive and now I am about to renew the insurance for the same car $728. I would not have any clue how they work out the price? As the car depreciate in its value every year but the insurance is getting appreciated How? unlike Health insurance that they are not paying for maintenance unless at the time of an accident. I have no claims for the last 3 years. is there anyone can make it clear for me, please? Ta

Boukhriss Lhcen
Boukhriss Lhcen

I wouldn't go any near coles insurance any more very bad customer service
I still waiting for my claim to finalize after one month

Coles I.Coles Insurance

We're sorry for the hassle, Harry. We regularly review the premiums our customers pay to ensure they reflect the rising cost of insuring your car. If you’d like to understand more about how car insurance prices are calculated, please visit: http://www.coles.com.au/insurance-prices-explained

Kaylene.d

Kaylene.dasked

I have hired a car for 4 days, wanting to know if Coles insurance can insure me, I don’t want to use the hire company insurance, thanks

Ellis Qt
Ellis Qt

Hi Kaylene, it depends on whether the terms and conditions of your insurance policy have a hire car in the package. If you asked for that then it will be there. You can call them to check. Hope this helps.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Kaylene, thanks for getting in touch. To discuss this further, we'd recommend contacting our Customer Care Team on 1300 265 374, as they're best placed to assist you.

Jan

Janasked

Having an accident in my car I have been told I have the choice of 1 repairer, I want to go to my repairer but Coles won’t cover me even though they o’k this a couple of years ago.
I need confirmation of why I can’t go to my repairer.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Jan, thanks for getting in touch. To discuss this further, we'd recommend contacting our Customer Care Team on 1300 265 374, as they're best placed to assist you with this.

akiasked

I would like to know after reading lots of reviews 1 reason from you as to why I should insure with you? If I make a claim will you pay?

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Coles is committed to helping Australians save money every day, from groceries to financial services. So, we're challenging the market leaders by providing low cost insurance products that are great quality too! For more details regarding our Insurance products, please see our website or contact us on 1300 265 374.

aki

You have not answered my questions

Robert

Robertasked

Will my diesel engine be covered if damaged by contaminated diesel fuel?

fred f
fred f

Check your policy

Kay

Kayasked

Does anyone know where I can find a list of Coles repairers? I want to make sure there is one in my town before signing up but can’t find who they are.

Andy

Have you not read the reviews?
Are you still considering getting ripped off?

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Thanks for your message. Please give our Customer Care team a call on 1300 265 374, so we can look into this for you!

Kazmac
Kazmac

Have you read the reviews? These are true experiences. Why would you put yourself thru that?? All the best with your decision.

Chevy

Chevyasked

What happens when coles try to deduct money from my bank account. And each time there's insufficient funds?

Andy

Best advice is stay clear of this insurance company!
Especially if u have younger drivers for god sake make sure u insure properly elsewhere

Ross

Rossasked

Do all drivers have to be listed on third part property ins . Can someone else drive your car?

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Ross, please contact us on 1300 265 374 and we'd be happy to help with your enquiries.

Leo
Leo

HI Ross I do not have 3party property insurance. I have comprehensive insurance policy, so I can't help you

Jock

Jockasked

Will I be covered for petrol in Diesel engine damage?

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Thanks for your query, Jock. We'd recommend contacting our Customer Care Team directly on 1300 265 374 and a member of the team will be happy to assist you.

Glen Harrison
Glen Harrison

No you won't be

Matthewasked

My parked car was recently hit by another car. the other driver did hit a note. I have a market value policy and according to Redbook the private price guide is between $3,800 to $5,600. The car has very low kilometers and excellent condition and yet I was offered a substantially lower offer from the assessor to scrap the car. Can any one advise how to get a fair value? Ideally I want the car to be repaired and the repairer quoted $4,500 for the repair. I am happy to keep the car for another ten years. It is a beautiful car to drive and I have fixed everything and put in four new tyres recently.

Matthew

Just got a call from Coles insurance confirming the offer to settle the claim. They somehow plug a figure of $2,750 for the vehicle and have to deduct $700 for the unpaid balance of the annual premium. I have since written to them that I would not accept anything less than the mid figure of $4,800. There is only one car on the market for $5000. I believe I am being very reasonable and I will stick with my figure and take legal action if necessary. Be very aware of market value policy and these unpaid premium business. I am not at fault at all and I seem to be out of pocket by thousands of dollars. I probably would have better off not having insurance at all and demand the other party repair my car. I thought that your comprehensive insurer is supposed to be on your side. Not giving up without a fight.

Wee

Weeasked

For a comprehensive policy, would I be entitled to claim if the car is on a parking lot and damaged by an unknown hit-and-run vehicle?

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Wee, thanks for getting in touch with us and we appreciate your patience. We're sorry to hear about this and we'd recommend contacting our Claims Team on 1300 265 374 as they'd be best placed to assist you with this.

Get an answer from our members and Coles Insurance representatives