70 questions from our users

Filomena

Filomenaasked

Coles Car Insurance

Hi I just cancelled my car insurance policy and was not given a refund. I pay monthly and the money is taken out every 31st. So 1 day ago the money was taken out. So I have now paid for a month that I am not getting a service for. Its not like there is only a 1 day to go and I want a refund for the 1 day, I want a refund for 29 days worth. What are you providing me with for the $77.86 you took out of my account yesterday.
I will be taking this further and not for the money for the principle of the matter. Can you please let me know who I can ring to discuss this matter further before I take it further.

Colin
Colin

Hi Filomena, I have been a customer of Coles Insurance for some time other than my car Insurance last Year as Last Years Policy was dearer than i got at Budget. I would suggest you call the help centre in Coles and make sure you write down the time of your call and the name of the person you are talking to as a record if needed for later. I am confident they will sort it out for you i have found the customer service people great. Good Luck Best Regards Colin

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Filomena, thanks for getting in touch. We're sorry to hear that this has happened and for the poor experience. We recommend emailing our team via the address below, as our Insurance Team would be best suited to assist with your query.

insurance.enquiries@coles.com.au

Mrs Rawling

Mrs Rawlingasked

Coles Car Insurance

My daughter will be going into hospital shortly can someone else not on her policy drive her car for a few days and still be covered

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to reach out. We would recommend having your daughter check her current policy to confirm if her insurance covers other drivers.

Rebecca

Rebeccaasked

Coles Car Insurance

Are learner drivers covered under your insurance policy

South Yarra Local
South Yarra Local

Hi Rebecca. No they aren't. It is only myself driving the car which is the jnformation that the company has for both quote and current insurance.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Rebecca, thanks for getting in touch. Your car will only be covered if a person named as a driver on your most recent schedule or renewal invitation is in the car and conducting the training for the person being trained to drive and operating the controls. Your cover also needs to include under 25s - to add this to your policy if you do not have it, please contact us on 1300 265 374 and we'd be happy to help.

Olivia Devine

Olivia Devineasked

Coles Car Insurance

I cancelled my car insurance today, how long before I get my refund?

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Olivia, thanks for taking the time to get in touch. We recommend calling our Insurance Team on 1300 265 374, as they'd be best placed to assist in advising when a refund will be received.

Ahirwan t.

Ahirwan t.asked

Coles Car Insurance

Who is backing this insurance ?Chinese,EU or uncle sam? or just plain AUSTRALIAN CBA

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Ahirwan,thanks for your query. Please be aware our insurance is backed by IAG to bring you quality Car Insurance at great prices. We hope this info helps!

Philip McDonaldasked

I Philip McDonald have Coles car insurance policy number COMO-3550-4065
For the last 12 months,I have driven my car 1484 kms..Policy cover period
31 May 2019 to 31 May 2020. Will I be getting a discount on my renewal
for low mileage. Can I change to the cheaper On Line price. phone no 34897934

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Philip, we're sorry for the delay. We've responded to your other query.

Philip McDonald

I did not get a phone call on 34897934 on above question regarding online.
Philip

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Philip, we believe to have answered your question in your other message.

Tom W.

Tom W.asked

Coles Car Insurance

how can i get roadside assitant included on my exsisting policy

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Tom, thanks for taking the time to contact us. We're sorry for the delay in our response. We recommend logging into your account via our Insurance Service Centre by visiting https://general-insurance.coles.com.au/mycolesinsurance/login - you should be able to modify your current policy to add extras, such as roadside assistance. We hope this helps!

Philip McDonaldasked

I Philip McDonald have Coles car insurance policy number COMO-3550-4065
For the last 12 months,I have driven my car 1484 kms..Policy cover period
31 May 2019 to 31 May 2020. Will I be getting a discount on my renewal
for low mileage. Can I change to the cheaper On Line price. phone no 34897934

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Philip, thanks for taking the time to get in touch. We're sorry for the delay in our response. Regretfully, we're unable to access our valued customers account for privacy reasons. We recommend logging into your account via our Insurance Service Centre by visiting https://general-insurance.coles.com.au/mycolesinsurance/login - to check your policy, to make changes to your policy and much more.

Philip McDonald

I am insured with coles insurance until 31stMay 2020. i do not want to start the online policy until 31st May 2020
Will this policy start now or 31st May 2020 .

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Philip, thanks for getting in touch. Can you please provide more details, have you made changes to your current policy?

Elisabeth J.asked

Coles Car Insurance

I have car insurance with you. How much extra a month if I add roadside assistance?

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Elisabeth, thanks for stopping by. We believe we've responded to your other question.

Elisabeth J.asked

Coles Car Insurance

I have 2 cars with Coles car insurance. How much extra a month if I add roadside assistance to each car?

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Elisabeth, thanks for getting in touch. Regretfully, we don't have that particular information on hand. Please refer to our website for more information, as per the link below. Alternatively, sign into your account via the Insurance Service Centre to make changes to your policies.

Barry J.

Barry J.asked

Coles Car Insurance

how do you cancel a insurance policy for a car

Elisabeth J.

Ring them up or cancel it on Internet

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Barry, thanks for reaching out. We're sorry for the delay in our reply. We'll be sad to see you go! You should be able to cancel your policy via our Insurance Service Centre by logging into your account. If you have any trouble, please email our Customer Support Team via carinsurance@coles.com.au.

Brock Allanasked

Coles Car Insurance

Could I please cancel my car insurance. It is due to start on the 9th of April 2020. My policy number is Como-1228-5007 and my name is Brock Allan

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Brock, thanks for taking the time to get in touch. We're sorry to see you go so soon. We recommend contacting our Car Insurance Team on 1300 265 374, as they'd be best placed to assist with your query.

Brock Allan

I have already spoken to them and received an email saying I am cancelling but then days later they send me another email to say they will keep taking my payments out. Please get it right I have cancelled this

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Glad to hear you've been in touch with our team, Brock. We trust it has all been cancelled for you and any future emails may have been automated. In anycase, we'll ensure your feedback is shared with our Insurance Team so they're made aware.

Teacherasked

Coles Car Insurance

Is it true that Coles will only insure undamaged new cars ?
This is what happened when one of my relatives requested an online quote "complete with pictures of some declared minor door damage", to be told online insurance is not possible, call customer service.
Customer service agent told my relative Coles will only insure undamaged new cars.
Is this true?

Xenad
Xenad

Hi Teacher. I had my older car insured with coles when they were backed by wesfarmers and never had issues. As soon as they moved to another company I got out. Prices skyrocketed and were no longer competitive. My advice to you is don't use them. Try budget or Suncorp. As for not insuring a car with minor damage sounds ludicrous. I wouldn't waste my time with them. I hope that helps.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi there, we appreciate you taking the time to express your concerns. Please be assured, we're constantly looking at our underwriting rules, and will pass your feedback onto our product team for their consideration. In the meantime, we recommend calling our Insurance Team on 1300 265 374, if you have any further queries, as they'd be best placed to assist.

Teacher

We have no further queries.
You have clearly stated your policy. Coles Only insures new cars with no damage.
Why would we want to contact you again?

Robasked

Coles Car Insurance

I currently have 3 cars insured through Coles insurance, today I tried insuring my new LDV T60 and instead of a price I get a screen stating that Coles cannot offer me insurance due to my circumstances. What is going on ?

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Rob, thanks for getting in touch. We're sorry to hear of your experience. We recommend calling our Customer Care Team on 1300 265 374, as they'll be best placed to assist you with this.

Rob

Spoke to customer care, My new car is one they don't insure, So the fact it is brand new, has a 5 star uncap rating means nothing to Coles. So I will be insuring this car elsewhere and moving my 3 other cars and 2 property insurances as well. Very poor of Coles to not care about loyalty to their customers.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

We're sorry to hear of your disappointment, Rob. Please be assured that we'll share you feedback with the relevant teams.

iron l.

iron l.asked

Coles Car Insurance

I request for access fee refunds and I got refund form from coles insurance but 3month after they still haven't refund yet.
Is it possible?? I asked 4times but nothing response. Just got auto response about 3 to 5 business day.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi, thanks for getting in touch. We'd recommend that you contact our Customer Support Team on 1300 265 374 as they'll be best suited to assist you further.

Margaret F.

Margaret F.asked

Coles Car Insurance

Could someone in car claims. Communicate. Put in a claim on 25th august. Someone phone to say my car was written off about 6 days later. And to submit the details of bank. Now we are having issues again. Saying i have to wait for an emailbefore i can hand the plates in. I was in the right. But there also hanging on to the excess as well. I live out of town and theres no transport. How long does it take to pay me out.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Margaret, thanks for getting in touch. We're sorry to hear of your frustrating experience and we'd like the opportunity to look into this for you. Can you please private message us your contact details, as well as your claim number and we'll have someone contact you?

susierobbo

susierobboasked

Coles Car Insurance

How about when a person initially calls about lodging a claim, they be supplied with some sort of form, or information as to what they need to send to make the claim. I sent everything that I was told on the phone. I spent a lot of time organising and making sure I had everything that I was told was required. I spent many, many hours, hoping to make it as quick and easy as possible for the claim to be assessed and finalised. I waited the five business days I was informed that it would be reviewed within. Another two business days later, I received an email asking for additional documents. I was told that these are what is required for the type of claim I was making. Why could I have been given this information, by way of some standardised form, if this is the standardised method? Why was I informed of what was NOT covered by my insurance following the review of what I had sent? Particularly when I had made no claim for any of the NOT COVERED items listed. I sent photos, as requested, to demonstrate my claim, only to be told that they may not be valid evidence. It's pretty offensive to be told this. I now have a response starting the 5 business day cycle again. How about trying t make it easier, rather than as difficult as possible Coles?

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi susierobbo, thanks for bringing this to our attention. We're sorry to hear of your poor experience with our service and we'll be sure to share your disappointment with our team. Could you please PM us your full name, contact number and policy number, so we're able to arrange for our Customer Care team to look into this for you?

Peter Smeaton

Peter Smeatonasked

Coles Car Insurance

Can I pay my insurance quarterly

Sachila W.
Sachila W.

As I know they give monthly or annual payment options.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi, Peter! Please call our Customer Care Team on 1300 265 374 so they can discuss this with you.

MartinS

MartinSasked

Coles Car Insurance

Not a question but more a statement for Coles.
I was so excited to get my quote as it was a fair bit cheaper than the rest of the market. However I am glad I checked on here. This is just a message to let Coles know that people do read these reviews and base their purchases accordingly. I am aware of how skewed online reviews for services can be but I am struggling to find a meaningful positive review. Best of luck Coles Car Insurance, perhaps I'll look again next year.

Adele

If you were in doubt check the underwriter-IAG- I am not the only one that like the premium, coverage and claims experience- but if you want to pay more go ahead!

Fair Go
Fair Go

What ever you do, avoid any impulses to contact Youi Insurance as they have been charged and convicted 15 times for deceptive conduct, defrauding customers and most recently, under a full Royal Commission Inquiry for not paying claims. Coles Insurance is middle market and reasonably reputable for a new player in the market. bye

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Martin, thanks for reaching out. We appreciate your feedback and we'll be sure to share it with our team for their review.

OSCAR

OSCARasked

Coles Car Insurance

I cancel my car policy and coles continuous charge monthly after few months, what I can do?

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Oscar, please call us on 1300 265 374 and we can look into this for you.

Adele

Contact them directly- make sure you received a record of your call. I recently transferred my policy to another car and they credited me the difference- I was offered either the credit card I used or cheque. Last resort would be to dispute transaction with bank. But why wait you should have done this after the 1st transfer from your account if you thought you had cancelled your policy

Adele

Oscar how can you write a comment here and not get yourself to your bank and stop the authority. Waiting a couple of months- ? And then complaining here- you obviously have more money than me.

Get an answer from our members and Coles Insurance representatives