ANZ Share Investing (E*TRADE)

ANZ Share Investing (E*TRADE) Questions & Answers

20 questions from our users

how to calculate P&L for a given period
Use Tax Tools - report usually not available until about end of August

Does anyone know if we transfer our shares to another broker/platform, will all the historical costs/DRP prices etc be transferred as well, or do they just transfer 1 parcel? Looking at how to get out of this mess! Thanks.
No the historical cost information will not transfer. I am having to do the maths from other sources (CHESS holding statements, previous ASX announcements and bank statements) to have the correct cost profile when I change to a new broker.Thanks, that’s what I suspected. Sigh.

Can we get rid of the new web page and go back to the old one?
the ANZ would have to get rid the Directer in charge M/S Alexis George .

Hi, I can’t access the buy and sell notes of all the shares I bought/sold when the platform was e-trade. I searched in the new shareinvesting platform and can’t locate any documents from e-trade. Thanks.
Hi Ange Same- have you contacted Anz to see if they can provide this for you, I was able to get the final portfolio print out until 30/6/18 before they changed. It’s absolutely poor service from such a large organisation- etrade was great, this share trading website is useless, any divs reinvested the no of shares are not correct so everything would need to be manually altered. How slack is that ! Everyone should complain to financial ombudsman as Anz receive fees for what type of service - we are all in a financial mess at present.

I forget my ANZ Share trading PIN,how do I reset my trading PIN Thanks

Has anyone that has switched over, from ANZ share trading to something else, managed to get their margin loan variable and/or fixed rate matched?

How do I log in to my e-Trade account as none of the ANZ sites recognize my User ID or Password. I need to access my account urgently to take advantage of a share offer.
I need an answer from ANZ not the general public

Given that the "new" ANZ Share Investing platform appears to be riddled with problems such that I've lost faith in relying on it, can anybody recommend an alternative?
I reviewed how awful it was a few months ago. I have switched to IG and they are amazing.. Great customer service, great platform, super friendly and helpful.I switched to Westpac's share trading platform - primarily because I bank with Westpac, but I looked at a couple of other too. I've found the Westpac one very easy to use and their support team are also very responsive. Plus its much simpler having everything in one place

Is anybody else having problems accessing the ANZ Sharetrading platform on an IPad??

I haven't touched my etrade account for ages. I used to just log in to etrade, but now I cant. Qhat site do I log into now to access my account?????
this is it https://trading.anzshareinvesting.com.au/?status=2Thanks very much and a happy hogmanay to you all

ANZ e-trade used to have good research on each stock - opinion on strategy, marketplace, valuation etc and updated every couple of months or when there was a major announcement or change. The new platform only has the Morningstar report which is simply ratio driven, bland and provides no commentary about what is really happening with an individual stock. Does anyone know who provided the initial reports for ANZ e-trade and where i can access these or something similar. For what it is worth, I also find the new platform to be clumsy and harder to work with than the old ANZ e-trade one.

Like everyone else it seems I want to change from ANZ to a more reliable, user friendly share trading platform - would appreciate any feedback on the best in the market?
I haven't done any exhaustive research yet. I did notice that NAB Trade currently has an offer of 100 free trades for new members. They are also the only platform I know that allows you to trade in Government Bond. I myself am very keen to hear what others think.Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I can see free trades has expired with Nab. OK....We became Members of Equity Story about 8 months ago and that has been the best decision we have ever made. All the information and guidance for us to make decisions on buying or selling shares is all there. Their daily video is fantastic, talking shares, what"s good and what's not etc. As an Equity Share Member you can trade on OpenMarkets Web Trader, where trades start at $5. If you are frequent trader think how much of a saving that is. So for us, all the advice and info we need comes from Equity and have almost used all my free trades up with ANZ and I'm out. OpenMarkets Web Trader is brilliant and spent some time having a good look at it last week. Basically, you can organise what info you want in front of you. Go onto OpenMarkets web site and have a bit of a look around their site but I also called their Melbourne number and they were so helpful. Discuss your needs and they will tell you if its for you. Canister gave it 5 stars. I just love the simplicity of the site....I'm changing this week....If you're not an Equity Story member, I think trades start $13 something. What's important for me is ease of use so you can efficiently trade shares in a quick and orderly manner and that is longer the case on ANZ. Let me know how you go. I do hope you find something quickly otherwise you will get frustrated in no time. Good luckCorrect me if I'm wrong, but from what I can see free trades has expired with Nab. OK....We became Members of Equity Story about 8 months ago and that has been the best decision we have ever made. All the information and guidance for us to make decisions on buying or selling shares is all there. Their daily video is fantastic, talking shares, what"s good and what's not etc. As an Equity Share Member you can trade on OpenMarkets Webtrader, where trades start at $5. If you are frequent trader think how much of a saving that is. So for us, all the advice and info we need comes from Equity and have almost used all my free trades up with ANZ and I'm out. OpenMarkets Webtrader is brilliant and spent some time having a good look at it last week. Basically, you can organise what info you want in front of you. Go onto OpenMarkets web site and have a bit of a look around their site but I also called their Melbourne number and they were so helpful. Discuss your needs and they will tell you if its for you. Canister gave it 5 stars. I just love the simplicity of the site....I'm changing this week....If you're not an Equity Story member, I think trades start $13 something. What's important for me is ease of use so you can efficiently trade shares in a quick and orderly manner and that is longer the case on ANZ. Let me know how you go. I do hope you find something quickly otherwise you will get frustrated in no time. Good luck

How do I transfer out of ANZ Share Investing? I have been unable to log in now for 2 weeks and nobody answers the phone. I want to move to ComSec
I had the same problem. This is what I did. I opened a NABTRADE account, which comes with a cash account. I then downloaded and completed a "Broker to Broker Transfer" form from the NABTRADE website, nominating the entire ANZ Share Trading portfolio to be transferred to NABTRADE. That left the cash in the ANZ account which, if you can't logon to ANZ Share Trading, seems to be inaccessible on-line. I effected the transfer by phone banking on ANZ, which worked OK. I can't yet say that the share transfer has worked. After a week, the shares had not appeared on the NABTRADE website, so I called them. NAB confirmed that it had sent the transfer form to ANZ Share Trading but, surprise surprise, no action had yet been taken by ANZ.Hi Steven. I had the same issue accessing ANZ shares which was one of the reasons I switched. If you find a new broker, they will have on their website or email you a broker to broker transfer form, and this can transfer your HIN and holdings from ANZ. My process took no more than 8 or 9 working days total. ANZ will more than likely ask the new broker for a copy of identification with your signature on it, (licence or passport.) You do not need access to your account for this to take place. Sorry about the late reply, your message went to junk on my email. Good luck.

I have three different ETrade accounts. I have been able to access one account and do the new settings but when I logout of that account to log into one of the other accounts. I press login and it goes straight to the account I was in WITHOUT ANY ID OR PASSWORD. Why is this so? Your GM
I haven't come across that problem before. You haven't saved the password in Google Chrome or similar? One good thing about the ANZ platform is that you have to have a separate password to buy/sell, but they have weakened the strength of this down to a 4 number pin.Same here. And it's over a week since this catastrophe began. Solution I found - logout of etrade, then logout of or turn off your internet connection, turn it back on, and you have logged out of etrade. But what a waste of time.I have the same problem. I am happy to email you my email that I sent to ANZ. They expressed no desire in fixing the problem or notifying clients of this security breach. They told me it wasn't their problem and was the bank's problem. Basically I was told you have to wait 15 minutes after logging out before you can log into a new account. Why? Who knows.

How to locate and print Tax Invoice Contract Note on a sale of shares in February 2018?
Usually after the note is issued they will send a confirmation of sale or buy as Tax Invoice to your email

Why wasn’t the change done on the upcoming long weekend? Or held till the Christmas break. Terrible timing. Very frustrating - and potentially costly

Is there any way whatsoever to get my funds BACK from the share trading account (ANZ) attached to my ETrade account?
Go to My Accounts then Transfer Money to request a withdrawl. You have to nominate the receiving bank account in advance. It gets pressed at the end of the business day rather than being instant.

I cannot get interactive charts to work with windows 10 and chrome or edge, can anyone help?
YES, I can help. The problem is JAVA has been disabled by Chrome. You will need to use FIREFOX and you will find Java is enabled again. You can then use interactive charts again! THEN ,make sure you kick Etrade to the curb! You're welcome!I dont have windows10 but interective charts never worked for me using chrome on windows 7 no matter how many times i updated java. They always work for me using I.E. with a recent java update. All prigrams crash on me using firefox but that could be my pc.Thanks for your help it also works with Explorer

My wife and I have some AMP and IAG shares(after companies demutialisation) and some Telstra shares (the second float). We would like to sell all our shares.What are the nesseseary steps to take?