Easiyo Yogurt Maker

Easiyo Yogurt Maker Questions & Answers

Brand Manager for Easiyo Yogurt Maker? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

109 questions from our users

Ross S.
Ross S.asked

How many cups of liquid does easiyo jar hold when filled to the top?

4 cups worth.

Rosasked

I have a Fresh Plant yoghurt maker. I cannot open the lid so have not been able to use. Any suggestions please.

Tight initially, should open. Regards

Ros

I have tried everything to open it with a grip tool & cloth.

Cannot open !!!!

Julie F.
Julie F.asked

I have just purchased the EasiYo yoghurt maker and made my first batch of blueberry Greek yoghurt.
It came out thick which I expected but gloopy - not a pleasant texture.
Any comments?

Sandra5

Not sure why that happened. Did you make sure you filled about half the jar with water from tap then pour in the powdered mix, with lid on shake it..up and down a few times..about 4 times..then continue to fill with water to the top and then shake again. Then into the larger container containing boiled water to the top of the red ring seal with its lid then sit for 12 hours so if you start it at 5pm you remove it at 5am and put in the fridge to cool down. If you did all of that..then you might have a bad batch or the packet itself might have been stored incorrectly by the shop etc before placement on shelf. Have had one to three packets over a period of ten years that wasn't ok..contacted Easiyo and they were helpful ie they sent out a replacement packet. Hope this helps. Regards, Sandra

Sonal K.
Sonal K.asked

I accidentally used boiling water in the pot instead of room temperature water and boiling water in the jar… will it work?

Manikanta Reddy C.
Manikanta Reddy C.asked

Which shop we can get this yoghurt maker

Sandra5

A lot of places, next to the packets in Coles (saw them there on special last Thursday in Brisbane) but also think in Woolworths.

inmystudio
inmystudio

I bought mine in coles Sydney

Lindy R.
Lindy R.asked

Hi. I need a replacement insert for my red easiyo. Where can I get one, or could I use something else to hold jar at right height?

bill

might be easier to find a complete new set on special. Woolies had one at blackburn south recently.(about $14) Other than that write to the company. I have always found them to be helpful.

Karen W.

I’m using a moccona empty coffee jar large size working well!

Helen thomas
Helen thomasasked

I find it difficult to unscrew the lid on my pot as it is a much wider pot than the previous pots which were narrower. Can you still get the narrower pots

Sandra5

I am still using the old ones..maybe try eBay..but I use 2 things to unscrew difficult items one I bought from innovations (which you could get elsewhere I suppose) a jar opener it clamps in the top it is adjustable and it works..I think I paid 29.95 for it. The other is what some people line their cupboards with..it is rubber/firm nylon someone while I was in the reject shop years ago recommended..it does not always work and you need to be able to grip the lid. It came in a roll. It's not normally used for this purpose just can't remember it's name. Good luck.

bill

Helen I suggest you look at this opener. https://www.kitchenwarehouse.com.au/Appetito-Adjustable-Jar-Opener
This is similar to one I purchase from firstinfo tools Taiwan. I have been importing the one from firstinfo tools for some years. They open all size of lids. Milk bottles, pills, metal jam lids plus plastic lids. & Much more. https://www.kitchenwarehouse.com.au/Appetito-Adjustable-Jar-Opener?gclid=Cj0KCQiAhP2BBhDdARIsAJEzXlFsmD8kLRicFc5saTu98Jk6T7Qrds7-rYAZlD229iuD9fTOG4jkKnIaAvT5EALw_wcB
or cheaper version https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Adjustable-Jar-Lid-Opener-Stainless-Steel-Can-Opener-Practical-Can-SealRemoverZ1/303750101655?hash=item46b8eaba97:g:9xEAAOSwesVbNJBe&frcectupt=true
They work by squeezing the lid and letting air in. Then it releases. I have one I purchased 50 years ago. My neighbour cannot hold a jar. (97 years young) She puts the jar in the crook of her elbow and with the right hand opens jars. Daughter in Tas had visitors and opened a difficult jar. Visitors were astonished. Had to send 4. These openers are not only for Arthritis suffers but people with week or damaged hands. I give away about 30 per year. If you want one opener probably look on the internet or shops mentioned. (watch postage cost and actual cost) But for my private charity I need a bulk supply.
I take them on my travels and gave one to my cousin UK (50th Wed Aniv) Months later received an email it works. Another in Sydney who thought it was a joke until they tried it on the impossible jar. So far, Sri Lanka, India, UK, USA. My last operation cost me about 20 to the hospital staff. Nice to see the big smiles I get. Comments like Mum had one, a boxer had bad hands and asked for one.
My wife relegated the old one to the camper, if I give away news ones why cannot she also have a new one. Good luck but solutions are out there. find the one that suits you.

Karen W.

I don’t bother with a lid

Chuo Ping T.
Chuo Ping T.asked

Did they sale the 1litre jar?

Indira W.
Indira W.asked

I have used my Easiyo for over a month & never had any problems. I’m wondering by putting the Yoghurt container in a boiling water thermostat would be killing the good bacteria. Has anyone tried putting their yoghurt container in non-boiling water thermostat?

Brian BT

You need no special equipment other than the supplied maker and boiling water.
If your yoghurt is not setting then mix in between 1 to 4 Oz of dried skimmed milk powder from the supermarket. You may need longer than 8 hours in the maker.

bill

Why not experiment? The Yoghurt is pretty cheap, then tell us the result. I too add powdered Milk (full cream) to any non set mixture and it thickens. Put it back in tub with more hot water. I also put powdered milk in at the start. I tend to leave Yoghurt for 12hrs as I make it in the evening.

LAI
LAIasked

Is there any soy or almond milk yogurt products? How can I make almond yogurt in an EASIYO?

Anonymous
Anonymous

You can use any plant milk that has a reasonable amount of protein in it, just buy a dried yoghurt starter online and follow the instructions. Though I tend to find with soy milk that it takes about 2 days to set in the eaisyo with the water being replaced every 8-12 hours. Still better than the store bought crap available in Australia.

Ann G
Ann Gasked

Can I make frozen yoghurt with easiyo? If so, do I have to whip the set mixture or simply place in a container in the freezer?

bill

I have no idea but will look for the answer. Just found this site https://easiyo.com/blogs/recipes/tagged/frozen-yogurt You can subscribe for the recipes.
I typed into google frozen yoghourt easiyo
Very interesting. Next time i get one that does not set properly I will try to feeze it and see what happens.

Veronica J.
Veronica J.asked

First time using this but my yoghurt came out like slime? What causes this? And can I fix it?
also Is it still safe to eat?

bill

Was the temperature correct when making yoghurt. We purchased a thermometer. Before that i had disasters. Our water pipes run up the outside wall and the tap temperature in summer was too hot. We still have t h e occasional problem but just add powder milk and reheat. Sometimes i try to turn it into yoghurt bread. Still learning. I add 1/4cup powder milk with each jar. But contact easiyo as i have found them helpful. But i try to keep water at around 15c to 17c as per instructions. My wife now prefers this yoghurt to the prepared from the supermarket. Keep trying sometimes i forget and it sits for 18hrs. Turns out ok. Love the product. I have 2 jars so the yogurt can sit for a day in fridge.

Rick D
Rick Dasked

Hi, is the empty powder sachet recyclable?

Brian BT

Thanks for that brilliant question.
It says everything but that answer on the packet.
As the packet is foil - I would answer - NO.

Mandy B.
Mandy B.asked

I didn’t let my yoghurt set for long enough before putting in the fridge. Is there a safe way to thicken it up? And would it still be safe to consume? It smells okay, but it’s quite runny ...

bill

Mandy i sometimes have a runny yog after 12 hrs. I just put some more powdered milk and put it back in the maker with fresh hot water. You could write direct to easiyo. They are the experts. You could use the runny yog in a bread &butter pudding or a yoghourt bread. But i am an accountant who is not a very good cook. Why is it runny. Is the temperature correct? In the last 50 tubs only one runny. So i did the above a put in fridge fot 2 days then ok.

Brian BT

Thanks for that nice answer, Bill.
You can thicken it up by adding 2oz of powered milk for Greek or Natural. Or 3oz for flavours.
Make sure you do not use MARVEL - great for drinks, bad for yoghurt. I believe the granules are too fine.
Replenish boiling water - and check after 2 hours. If not set keep checking up to 8. Of course, it will safe to consume.
Good luck.

Gail M.
Gail M.asked

Can I substitute water with milk when using the starter sachet?

bill

I add 1/4 cup of full cream milk powder to each batch. So I am actually using milk. You should just try it and see.

Brian BT

Bravo Bill for adding dried skimmed milk powder to your sachet.
But do not use MARVEL - great for drinks, bad for yoghurt. You need the cheap supermarket stuff - with large coarse grains.
I have never used bottle or carton milk - but try it and see. Good luck !

pamcim10
pamcim10asked

Mine didn't set . I'm confused about how much liquid to put in. The markings on jar are hard to see. I watched a youtube video beforehand and they filled it 5cm from top but I guess should have used second fill line .

J60913

You half fill container with water, add yoghurt mix, Shake, and fill to 1/2 cm from very top of container, screw on lid, and leave on bench overnight (after filling main co trainer with boiling water to top of red marker)

Brian BT

In the maker-flask pour boiling water to second ridge-thing, where the top of the red-baffle will be - when it is inserted.

Linda
Linda

I fill the container with tap water half way or even a little bit less. Add the yoghurt sachet, put the lid on and shake the container. If some of the mixture doesn't mix in, use a spoon to mix it in. Then fill the container to the top with water. Put the lid on. I find it doesn't matter if the water is room temperature or a bit colder. Fill the red flask with boiling water to just above the line, so about half full, then put the container of mixed sachet in. Leave for at least 12 hours. I find the yoghurt is better and thicker the longer you leave it in the flask, but 24 hours is the maxium time it can be in the flask. I also find that mixing in about 1 cup of powered milk, mixed in water makes the yoghurt like a Greek yoghurt and tastes creamier too. I've always had success with this yoghurt and it tastes delicious.

Marylene B.
Marylene B.asked

how much water to mix with 240g Easito powder?

Brian BT

I use about 600 MLS - if using the STICK BLENDER mixing method.
Otherwise just use 500 ML - using the regular SHAKING method.

If the tap water is very chilly - microwave ( 900W ) - for 40 seconds at 100% power - produces perfect tepid water temperature.

Ess.asked

I have a different yoghurt maker, have to boil milk, then cool to body temperature, so don't know if I can use the easiyo mix.

Brian BT

I would try it. After all, we cannot get EASIYO to set using the correct instructions - and have to make it up as we go along. So I certainly don't see why you shouldn't behave any different with another system and EASIYO ! Good luck ! ! !

Ess.

Thanks, I bought an Easiyo maker !!

Wendy P.
Wendy P.asked

Have had the kit for 12 months and love it. Lately after making the easiyo youghurt it is ok but not as thick then after a few days in the fridge it goes like thinner with a stretchy consistency. What are we doing wrong? The packets are well within the use by date.

IreneG
IreneG

I've noticed the same thing, I don't know what we are doing wrong, perhaps they have changed the recipe? Sorry, can't help you with an answer but would like to know too.

Brian BT

You are not doing anything wrong, as such.
If you get a thin set - then it has worked, but you really need to add your own supermarket milk powder. Make sure it has large coarse grains. MARVEL is great for drinks, but BAD for yoghurt.
3 OZ for flavours. 2 OZ for Greek and Natural.

Maybe the processing of the EASIYO sachets has been changed - as I feel their powder may be of a poorer quality.

Jenna
Jennaasked

Can I use powdered milk in the Easiyo maker?

J60913

Yes you can, however, powdered milk won't turn into yoghurt, you need the yoghurt culture as well or you can purchase live yoghurt from the supermarket and make it up into yoghurt. Google how to make yoghurt using live yoghurt.

Brian BT

Yes you have to add it to an EASIYO sachet - if you want the wretched muck to set.
I use 3 OZ for flavours. 2 OZ for Greek and Natural.

Please stay away from MARVEL SKIMMED MILK POWDER - had a disaster with it. It is a too fine a powder - and must be too similar to EASIYO's own - which is why it never worked as good. I like the cheap-stuff from the supermarket's own brand range the best. You need large coarse grains !

If you don't want to use any EASIYO sachet - then use 4 OZ of skimmed milk powder into tepid water - add organic Greek yoghurt starter - I recommend FAGE 0% fat TOTAL Greek.

Other Novelty / Snack Makers