4Emma Original Mattress

Emma Original Mattress Questions & Answers

faithqueens07 · Original Mattress Double

Hey just wondering if it's completely safe to use an electric blanket that will heat up the bed

Emma Sleep   DM

Hello faithqueens07. Happy Monday. Yes, it is safe to use it with an electric blanket.

faithqueens07 · Original Mattress Double

Hey just wondering if it's safe to use an electric blanket

faithqueens07

Does the electric blanket need have something in between the mattress so it doesn't melt or is it fine to keep them next to each other

Emma Sleep   DM

Electric blankets can be used with memory foam mattresses, pillows and mattress toppers. Most heated throws and electric over blankets are designed to be used on top of your bed/mattress, so you shouldn't use them underneath it. So, yes you can keep it next to each other.

Ty ily!!

Emma Sleep   DM

Always our pleasure here.

Rebecca R.
Rebecca R. · Original Mattress

What is the cost of a king size mattress?

Emma Sleep   DM

Hello Rebecca. Thank you for your interest in the Emma Mattress. We no longer offer the Emma Original on the website. You may visit our website to check the current price of our mattress: external link

DebAnn
DebAnn · Original Mattress Queen

How firm are the edges of the mattress. Are they supportive and sturdy or do they collapse when sat on or rolled on?

Jane
Jane

Pretty firm, sink slightly as per most mattresses

Emma Sleep   DM

Hi DebAnn. We no longer have the Emma Original available in the website and we currently offer a new pure foam mattress (Emma Comfort) mattress which is rated as medium firm. If you're looking for better edge support, you may want to check our hybrid mattresses. The Emma Diamond is a foam + spring hybrid mattress. Spring systems typically have stable edges because they provide more pushback than foam. The individually encased steel pocket springs also provide dynamic adaptation so movement is isolated and you don't fall off easily off the edge.

swaziau1 · Original Mattress King

Why are there so many negative reviews over delivery delays and customers not being refunded, poor customer service and in a number of cases no response from EMMA Customer Service. These are the reviews that concern me as I was expecting at least to see 1 negative review on the matress, but could not find any which is a good thing, right?, but there a lot of 1 star ratings for poor service and business ethics

Dan
Dan

Our mattress arrived promptly but that wasn’t the problem. The problem was the difficulty returning it. After many emails back and forth we eventually dumped the mattress at the rubbish dump as per the company request, with all tags removed. They couldn’t pick it up as we lived in a regional area. I received a refund for the mattress and the rubbish fee but not the transport cost to get it to the dump. Do Not Buy This Mattress, they are absolute rubbish, a glorified camp mattress as we called it. We ended up going to a store and buying a mattress, much better choice.

swaziau1

What did u go with in the end?

David

After our poor service we went to Sleep Republic. Very happy with both bed and ability to contact that company. They have a phone number and people who answer.

Emma Sleep   DM

Hi there. Thank you for your feedback. We strive incredibly hard here to make every customer experience enjoyable and we’re really sorry we’ve not been able to meet the expectations of some of our customers at this time. We are doing our best and are open to feedback so we can improve our products and services. If there is anything more we can do for you please do let us know. - MV

Dean Hobson-campbell · Original Mattress Queen

I ordered on the 25/07/2022. I am still waiting to get a tracking number or an email confirmation stating it’s been sent. I have tried multiple time with the help desk on the website. Told I would be marked as priority and someone will be in touch. I’ve still heard nothing a week later. I sent an email to the support email on Emma sleep website with the same question. Still not heard anything. My pillow arrived really quick which is why I bought the mattress. This process is making me regret purchasing.

Try calling 02 7202 0780

Emma Sleep   DM

Hello Dean! We apologise for what happened. May I have your order number so that I may be able to escalate it with our customer support team and have the issue resolved as soon as possible? - MV

Dean Hobson-campbell

Someone has emailed me today.

Emma Sleep   DM

Hello Dean. We thank you for your patience. A member of the customer support team will continue to reach out regarding the status of your order. If there is anything more we can do for you please do let us know. - MV

Timothy
Timothy · Original Mattress Queen

Haven’t received a confirmation that the mattress has been sent and starting to read the bad reviews wish I found these before I purchased

Sue McKean
Sue McKean

I can relate 100%
I would recommend asking for a full refund and buying from pretty much anywhere else. You will not get a straight answer from this company.

Emma Sleep   DM

Hello, we apologise for what happened., May I have your order number so that I may be able to look into it and improve on our services.

Frank
Frank · Original Mattress

Is Emma working on a Push or Pull stock system? Are you working on a Pull system, waiting for orders of each mattress type, collating them and placing a gross stock order to fulfil them? That would explain the number of complaints of non-delivery. If you were working on a Push system, you would have stock to delivery in your distribution centre.

Dan H.
Dan H. · Original Mattress

I am still awaiting a refund. The Emma mattress support email address is full and will not receive any new emails. I have already jumped through hoops to get a refund and am still waiting.. Can Emma offer an actual solution?

Natalie Nicholson
Natalie Nicholson

I am awaiting a refund too and yes, all emails are bouncing back to me. I will contact fair trading/ consumer affairs.
This is terrible. These people are crooks.

Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Emm Pty.Ltd seems to be a very dodgy business, I dont know how they havent gone bust and can keep operating. The same dodgem game has been happening to me, swings and round abouts. Im expecting a refund and have been told via email that I will receive a chargeback thru my bank which will take 2-7 days to process. (I too had at least a dozen or so blocked full mail box nonsense emails some were from postmaster@donado.de, and going by the english used in emails from so called online website support,it sounds to me like its being operated from overseas) I have notified my provider of this never ending saga. Good luck, next time when I order on line I'll make sure there is a telephone contact number.

Emma Sleep   DM

Hello, we apologise for what happened., May I have your order number so that I may be able to escalate it with our customer support team and have the issue resolved as soon as possible?

Delreen C.
Delreen C. · Original Mattress

Could you please let me know when the mattress is delivered whether it is put on the bed and the old one taken out. We are both over 70 yrs and will.not be able to move it by ourselves.

Emma Sleep   DM

Hello Derleen, May I know your order number so that I may be able to look into this.

carindra u.
carindra u.

Hi Delreen C.
I m sorry I just checked my email & I found your message. I think, you should contact them direct & may be there are different way they must provide to help you. Good luck

Karl O.
Karl O. · Original Mattress Queen

Hi there. Ordered Queen Sized mattress and a queen sized bed just before Easter and still awaiting delivery 11 days later. Didn't get any email response through the webpages "Contact Us" . Could you please let me know delivery estimated time of arrival? - Thanks. The number of my order is 2800482935

Emma Sleep   DM

Hello, we apologise for the dalyed response of our Customer Support Team, this was dude to a large number of inquiries, but this concern has been raised and please expect a response within 24 hours.

Dean Hobson-campbell

Did you get your mattress?

Kerrie S.
Kerrie S. · Original Mattress

Someone used to soft bed is it suitable for

Elies
Elies

Matthew
Matthew

if you want a softer sleep add the topper... That's what we did and its pretty awesome

Emma Sleep   DM

Hello The Emma Mattress has a medium firmness but if you find it too firm or to soft, you may reach out to the customer support at <support@emma-sleep.com.au> regarding the issue and, we will be more than happy to help and provide suggestions.

Reyrey28
Reyrey28 · Original Mattress

As someone who has just nervously placed an order based on choice magazine recommendations - can those who have had bad customer experiences with Emma-Sleep tell me if they were finally resolved?

My debarcle is over 10 weeks deep and still unresolved

Bev F

Emma finally acknowledged my issue with the terrible smell, but had no answers, other that saying that the mattresses often have a chemical smell for a short while. And they will let the manufacturers know about the problem.

Yvonne L.
Yvonne L.

Only ordered due to cheap price. A queen size bed which stank of chemicals for a month. The king single didn't smell. I like a firm bed so not a problem for me. However Sleeping duck is so much better. There is no disgusting odour and they check in with you to see how it's going. Just better quality all over

Zoran I. · Original Mattress

Hello,
I have a specific question. I am looking at buying an Emma mattress for myself but I am 6foot 5 and 140kg. Is this a suitable mattress for me? Will the foam keep its firmness with someone of my build?

Bev F

I cannot answer that as I was unable to test the comfort of it due to the terrible smell that came from the mattress. I could not have the mattress in my house as the mouldy smell made me feel sick. So We didn’t actually get a chance to sleep on it.

Zoran I.

I didn't ask about any smell/odour. I do not have a nose so your answer was as useful as 'you know what' on a bull. Thanks for nothing. Duh !

Keira Nicolls

You get a 100 day trial...if the mattress turns up at all. I wouldnt count on getting a refund though if you're not happy.
I'd recommend going with another company

Daniel · Original Mattress Queen

Hi,
Why you are not respond my refund claim ?

Emma Sleep   DM

Hello Daniel, May I know your order number so that I may be able to escalate this to our Customer Support Team?

order no : SCBQG5FW

Bev F · Original Mattress

Since opening my mattress for my spare room, there has been an awful plasticky/fusty/musty kind of smell in the room. I put the mattress in another room to see if the mattress was the source of the smell and it was.
Has anyone else had this happen? It’s been opened and on the bed for about three weeks and has been slept on once. At first I thought I must have a water leakage somewhere in the room, it smelt so bad.

Chris
Chris

They say they disinfect the product before sending it out ?

Emma Sleep   DM

Hello Bev, We do apologize for the inconvenience this issue may have caused you. The mattress is dispatched direct from the factory, so it may be that it initially smells 'new' when it arrives. You do not have to worry about this though! The mattress has been certified by OEKO-TEX® and the ISO to meet the most stringent safety standards. The smell should evaporate after being kept in a ventilated room within a few days, but you can speed up the process by washing the cover of the mattress at 40°. Should the smell persist we can either do an exchange or organize the return of the mattress granted you are within your trial period.

Ness F.

Yes my son has been so unwell since sleeping on this toxic mattress. It’s a health hazard. Full of VOCs that don’t offgas at all.

Ness F.

Also checked the room for a water leak first

Bev F

Interesting. My daughter aLso bought one for her daughter and it smells too, maybe not quite as bad. I’d like to know what is causing the smell and how safe it is to sleep on. Perhaps a problem with the compound in that batch of mattresses?

Mabi
Mabi · Original Mattress Double

I’m a very hot sleeper which of your mattresses would be suitable for me

Emma Sleep   DM

I would suggest the Emma Diamond Hybrid Mattress as it has features for temperature regulation.

Christine Chivers · Original Mattress King

hi l purchased the Emma Comfort and an Emma topper about a month ago. Before l bought one l did ask the question because l wanted a medium to soft mattress. Even with the topper l feel like we are sleeping on a slab of concrete. We have not had a good night sleep since having it. Does it get softer over time and if so about how long as at the moment l think l need to return.

Emma Sleep   DM

Hello I suggest if after a month you still feel like the mattress and the topper is not for you and you still feel like you may want to return it, you may send an email to <support@emma-sleep.com.au> and we will gladly help with the inquiry.

Christine Chivers · Original Mattress

Hi l purchased the Emma mattress about a month ago and l am still finding it too firm and thats with the topper on it. Will it become softer soon? My husband and l have not had a good night sleep since we have used it.

Emma Sleep   DM

Hello, I suggest if after a month and you still feel that the mattress is not for you and would like to return it, you may reach out to our customer support team at <support@emma-sleep.com.au> to process everything.

Christine Chivers · Original Mattress King

Hi l prefer a medium/soft mattress. Do you have them or just firm. Thanks

Varankorn
Varankorn

I have Emma Comfort. I feel it is medium/soft.

Get an answer from our members and Emma Sleep representatives

Select a listing for your question
Emma Original Mattress