Frank Health Insurance Questions & Answers

Verifiedfrankhealthinsurance.com.au
Aloha808
Aloha808

I'm a tourist and I'm on a visitor (subclass 600) visa. Am I eligible to get coverage if I pay for this insurance?

Frank Health Insurance   DM

HI, thanks for your comment. Unfortunately, we don't cover tourist visas. We only cover 485 and 482 working visas for OVHC. Thanks, Sam

Christine S.
Christine S.

hospital day surgery for dental

lutgard van puymbroeck
lutgard van puymbroeck

i have a foreigh insurance now, is it possible to quit the waiting period when i take an australian insurance

Heather M.
Heather M.

I am 73 years old, very healthy with no health conditions. What is the cost of cover

Smitha M.
Smitha M.

How to access my account. I have an insurance policy with Latrobe.

Megan M.
Megan M.

With the change in bulk billing does Frank private health insurance cover the out of pocket of the cost?

Kerry
Kerry

Im 38 single wanting hospital cover for weight loss surgery. Can you suggest level needed & costs Thanks

Bob
Bob

Just give Frank a call they are really helpfull

ZPY1921
ZPY1921

Does frank health insurance cover life health cover in all states ? I live in SA.

Frederik
Frederik

I guess as health is Federal, but check with Frank please

Joe
Joe

Ho my name is Giuseppe Capone member number 321684.
With my working visa coverage I can get reimbursement for medicines like high blood pressure or specialist visit?

Christine W
Christine W

We have been with Frank for 3 years and they have been very professional when ever I need to find out anything to do with our policy and claims would recommend them to anyone. The only thing I don't know is if our policy is from January to December or does it restart from financial year.

k.pringle
k.pringle

Hi....well i guess you are lucky. I had a terrible time with them

lisasmith
lisasmith

Is everyone’s excess going up by 50% on the 1st April 2019? Or just ours? Friends with different providers are not experiencing an increase.

Kerry Edwards

yes from the first of April

Frank Health Insurance   DM

Hi Lisa, I can't speak for all health insurers, but as I understand it a large portion of providers are electing to increase the excess level on certain policies. The reason that Frank has chosen to increase the excess level, is that we are committed to keeping premiums as low as possible. Generally speaking, a higher excess means a lower premium!

Thanks for getting in touch.

Zac - Team Frank

Amrie
Amrie

Hi, if i was to transfer over to frankinsurance from defence health does the wait period still apply for transfers? Thank you

David Flint
David Flint

Ask Frank, they may have a no wait clause or the like which may be beneficial.

Frank Health Insurance   DM

Hi Amri, Thanks for your question.
When you transfer to Frank, we will honour any waiting periods you have already served with your current fund for a similar level of cover as long as you have not had a gap longer than 30 days in between health funds.
Regardless of the level of extras cover you have with them, we will give you continuity of cover, it will only depend on how long you have held your cover with them that may have an impact. The hospital cover is different, however, if you transfer to Frank on a higher level of cover than what you held previously, you will have waiting periods for the procedures that you were not previously covered for.

If you have any further questions I would suggest contacting us via phone, web chat or email our contact information can be located here external link .
Melanie

Scotty T
Scotty T

I live in South Australia and have been advised about this health insurer by I-select. We have never heard of this company in Adelaide and I'm wondering how difficult it would be to use this fund with health providers in South Australia?

Tj P
Tj P

I hadn't heard of them either however if your health providers use HICAPS then I can't see any issues

dan128
dan128

Hi, it's an online branch of one of the big health funds, www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au no reason for it not to work in SA

Mechelle B.
Mechelle B.

I'm in South Australia and have Frank extras cover, never had any trouble claiming.

Ann. L
Ann. L

do you cover colonoscopy operation ie day surgery? also cancer treatment in hospital clinics? Thank you

Frank Health Insurance   DM

Hi Ann, Thank you for your recent question.

I can confirm most of our hospital covers offers benefits toward inpatient admission for colonoscopy’s and cancer treatment.

To review our cover options please visit external link

Frank also offers support via Phone, Web Chat and email interactions and we are open 8am-6pm AEST. It would be best to contact us by one of the above methods if you would like to discuss our cover options and premiums further with you. Our contact information can be located: external link

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Jenesh
Jenesh

Hello, I am currently on overseas health cover. I pay 75$ for my health cover per month. I have disc herniated from my spine, The doctor has suggested for me a surgery, So my question is will all my bills for surgery including hospital bed charges include..?? Am in critical situation.

Snowy
Snowy

Hi,

I’m no expert on it but if possible get any proof too say it was accident, and if you have been emitted to hospital straight away, that will be proof, with police and doctors reports. It will depend on your cover but it sounds like you may have the cheaper option so accident is the way too go as that’s where they got out of paying my bills as mine was cause from a accident decades before, so no records. Hope this helps, and hope it pans out the best for you

Frank Health Insurance   DM

Hi Jenesh, Thank you for your recent question.

I am sorry to hear you need to have surgery. We are happy to look into your Frank cover but we do not currently have enough information to access your policy for privacy and we would need to obtain a medical item number for your possible upcoming surgery.

Frank offers support via Phone, Web Chat and email interactions and we are open 8am-6pm AEST. It would be best to contact us by one of the above methods so we can review your cover and discuss this further with you. Our contact information can be located: external link

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Jingjing
Jingjing

Do you have any branches in Brisbane? Is it possible to talk with any representatives in person ? I am if online methods( email& phone call) are the only way to contact you?

Frank Health Insurance   DM

Hi Jingjing, thank you for your question. Frank is an online Health Insurance fund. There are no physical offices for you to visit to speak with someone in person. Frank offers support via Phone, Web Chat and email interactions. Frank are open 8am-6pm EST. If you click on this link it will take you through to the Frank contact page. If you are a member please include your membership details, if you are not a member of Frank please contact on one of the methods and we can discuss if it is the right fund for you. external link

Zoe
Zoe

What's your cancellation policy ?

Frank Health Insurance   DM

Hi Zoe, There are no lock in contracts when it comes to Health Insurance. This means that you are able to cancel your cover at any time and will refund any premiums that you have paid in advance of your cancellation date. There is also a 30 day cooling off period for new members so if you are not happy with your cover within the first month we can backdate your cancellation to the start date and refund any premiums you have paid (provided you have not made any claims within that time).

I hope this is helpful, if you need any further information please don't hesitate to contact the team by emailing frank@frankhealthinsurance.com.au

Natures G
Natures G

I am new to this but I've just been diagnosed with a heart condition that will in future require surgery and hospital stay in ICU for approx 3 nights and than a further 7-9 days in hospital with follow ups with a cardiologist. Could you tell me what would be the best option for me. I'm a single female aged 41yrs living in Eastern Melbourne. I understand there are wait times, that is fine. I have no interest in pregnancy or anything relating too but I also will need to have a tummy tuck and breast lift due to excessive weight loss which is causing me great discomfort and pain. Do you have a policy that will also benefit me for those procedures? I am interested in hospital and extra cover. Thank you.

Frank Health Insurance   DM

Hi, I am sorry to hear that you have recently found out about your heart condition, at least now that you have a diagnosis you will be able to receive the treatment that you need.

None of Frank's products exclude cardiac related treatment. However, these types of procedures are usually performed in a Private Hospital so it is best for you to steer clear of our Basic hospital products. In terms of your tummy tuck and breast lift, we could only cover those procedures if they are being performed for a medical reason (cosmetic surgery is not included on any of our covers). As long as the procedures are medically necessary they would not be excluded on any of our covers, basically that means you would be able to take out any level of cover and it will include both of the treatments that you have mentioned (again steer clear of the Basic Products as both procedures are most likely performed in a Private Hospital).

As you are already aware of the condition you have, it is classes as a 'pre-existing condition' which would be subject to a 12 month waiting period.

To help us assist you in choosing the right level of cover to suit your needs, we would need some more information about what extras services you would use. If you would like further assistance in choosing a cover please don't hesitate to contact the team on 1300 437 265 between 8a.m. and 6p.m. Monday to Friday.

Clyde
Clyde

I just enter emergency services in Bunbury hospital due to trip and fall onto broken glass. What are the cover do I get please? I on a OVHC cover.

Frank Health Insurance   DM

Hi Clyde, Frank OVHC cover will only provide benefits if the patient is admitted to hospital as an in patient for procedures included in the cover and subject to the member serving their waiting periods (it does not cover any charges associated with emergency attendance). Before we can confirm cover or benefits, we will require specific information from you. If you can submit an online enquiry here external link , we can check your cover and get back to you with further information.

Christina

Saskia

I am on a 457 in Australia (since January 2017) and am covered by Medicare. The OVHC looks fine, but do I need that specifically? Or can I buy a "normal" insurance and extras such as optical and dental?

Thanks!

Frank Health Insurance   DM

Hi Saskia, If you're on a 457 Visa, Medicare will only cover you in the Public Hospital system. A “normal” or domestic insurance would not cover you if you go in to hospital.

You would need to take out a specific OVHC Cover to be covered as a Private Patient for any in-patient medical treatment. Check out Frank's cover here external link

When it comes to extras, you can buy any separate extras cover - Frank has two different types; Some Extras and Lots Extras where you can choose either 50% or 80% back on treatments (up to annual limits).

If you take out Frank OVHC and Frank Extras you will have two separate covers with Frank - OVHC for hospital admissions and Extras cover for things like dental and optical.

If you have any further questions, send them through to Team Frank here external link

Christina