Hankook Dynapro MT

Hankook Dynapro MT Questions & Answers

Brand Manager for Hankook? Claim your listing.
Camel
Camel

Just wondering if the sidewalls still crack after 25k km like mine did on my Hilux, somehow my review has disappeared,???

Dianne J.
Dianne J.

can the Hancooc Dynapro ATM be fitting to a 7 inch rim. I have heard they can only be fitted to a 7.5 inch rim or larger. I currently have 255/60/R18 fitted to my MUX. Thanks in advance.
Regards Paul

grahame white
grahame white

what price 265 65 17

Alvin
Alvin

This is a general question and comment, so feedback will be greatly appreciated...
Tyre pressure!
Before leaving the tyre fitters with the Hankook Dynapro MT's on, I asked what pressure should they run at.
The answer was... 'don't go below 55psi!'
That surprised me as all my tyres have always been around the 40psi mark.
His explanation was... 'it's a light truck tyre and any lower psi (at speed) will do irreversible damage to the carcass. They are meant to run at a higher pressure!'...
Sure enough, I emailed Hankook to double check and their answer was... 'they should/best run (especially carrying weight) at 80% of max pressure (which is 80psi).
That makes the recommended pressure to be around 64psi!
So, I run mine from 55psi up to 60psi, depending on weight carried. I've now done over 54,000ks. They still run well, the wear well and no signs of any deterioration on sidewalls, etc.
The only downside is that I'm relentlessly mocked at work by mean people who thing I'm weird for enjoying running on solid rubber that shakes the teeth out of their sockets! (;->

But... I've got very broad shoulder and know that my Hankooks actually handle very well on the road and are very acceptable in the bush.

So, is that information useful to anyone and does someone have any comments to add to the tyre pressure info, as I'm always keen to learn more here?

Roshen J.
Roshen J.

Is hankook rt3 MT indonesian tyre good for the use on the roads too? And what about its quality ?

Jack
Jack

Quality is great. If you worry about road noise thrn this tyre is not for you. More suited to off-road conditions. But in saying that the road noise does not bother me.

Andrew M
Andrew M

Are the side walls 2 or 3 ply and are they made in Korea or China or both?

Hey Andrew,

Sidewall: 3-ply polyester

Tread: 3-ply polyester, 2-ply steel, 2-ply nylon

Hope that helps.

Gaz T
Gaz T

Can I run 265/75-16 on my rg Colorado without any rubbing issues?

Gaz,

Depends on what is configured on your vehicle. If the increase is within the ADR/Road Rules then you should be fine but if you have a bull bar or winch etc then the weight will reduce your scope for movement or tyre sizing. I had a 2 inch lift minimum on mine. One tyre shop said no to the tyre increase, ARB said yes as the rep had an identical set up to mine and had the larger tyres on it. I can only suggest you talk to the blokes living the dream as a job and that will head you in the right direction. They will also be able to see your unit and tell you straight up.

Mark
Mark

Will they fit my 2012 y61 gu st patrol wagon?

mark

These tyres are on the old scale 31.6 inches.

They will fit without rubbing pretty much anything ranger size up.

The last number is rim size 16 inch.

If the rim is a different size you can get the same size tyre in a different number e.g. 265/70-17.

Hope this makes sense to you. Tyre dealer can help you further.

Finally they will fit your patrol and this size wont kill the power.

SamPhil
SamPhil

Are these tyres good in wet conditions?

DrBazzaw

Cant say I've had any problems with them in the wet, mind you our annual RF is only 300mm in Central Otago. Boggy creek crossings are no problem and the Hankooks have good side lugs for additional grip in soft dirt which helps. Havent used them in sandy conditions.

mark

on the landcruiser they have been really good in the wet.

They do flick up rocks a bit when they are new.

I have 50000km on mine now really happy

Alan Uden

I would agree with BOTH OF THE ABOVE COMMENTS ! BUT PLEASE TAKE INTO ACCOUNT, THE BIG DIFFERENCE IS THAT LIVING UP HERE IN NTH QUENSLAND , (WE CAN RECEIVE 300MM IN 1 DAY DURING OUR WET SEASON!! THEY DO Have a terrific grip in wet/slippery conditions & SAND doesn't seem to hazzle them at all. The good size side lugs add the extra grip needed at times.These are fitted to a Toyota Troop-carrier which usually tows a 3,400 Kg Caravan.Therefore both grip & stability are extremely important to us! Buy the Best; STAY SAFE!

Dave
Dave

I'm looking at 285/70 17 for my FJ cruiser ..

do these come with raised white lettering? Thanks Dave .

DrBazzaw

Gidday Dave - no white lettering on my new 245/75R-16 Hankooks, but there was on older tyres. The Savero MT's currently on my Ranger do have white lettering.

Cheers .... Baz

mark

They do come with white writing, however i put it on the inside.

Purso Purnell
Purso Purnell

Has anyone compare the comforser tyre to the hankook?

Casey Simpson

I don't have an answer for that, as I haven't heard of them myself. Research and use is what made me buy these tyres. I am now living in Alaska and will still stand by the most rugged and versatile tyre I know until I am proven wrong. They are the most effective all around tyre I've ever used in sand, snow, mud, rocks, mountains, and trails. They have lasted over 80,000KL on my jeep with monthly rotations. I just can't find an MT tyre that will last that long and run quieter than an A/T tyre. Use your better judgment, don't take my word for it. Read owners reviews. All I can say is they are the best I have found!!

Mick H
Mick H

Where is the best place to buy them in Qld?

Casey Simpson

I bought mine in Perth from an Avanti tyre.

Alan Uden

Cane Country Tyre Service; on the Main road into Proserpine.Phone Barry or Mick there & they will give you a great price & terrific service TOO!.

I have dealt with Cane Country Tyre service since they opened many years ago & always return for the great service & price.

Dino
Dino

Could you give me an average price for these tyres please? Thanks Dean

Ray.W
Ray.W

I paid $300 a tyre on sale.. from memory they were 350 a tyre at the time. not expensive compared to BFGs at the time which were 400 and and the Mick Ts were around 450.

max
max

i paid 250 fitted and balanced

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Hankook? Claim your listing.
ProductReview.com.au award logo

Hankook Dynapro MT is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2023.