Honda Buffalo Buck HRU19M2

Honda Buffalo Buck HRU19M2 Questions & Answers

MPN: HRU19M2
Brand Manager for Honda Power Equipment? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

5 questions from our users

TheOneAndDroneyasked
Buffalo Buck HRU19M2

I'm torn between the HRU19M2 and the HRU196M2 (yes, I know it's commercial - but the decks are identical) The HRU19 has the updated 170cc, but of the lower "C" class, not the "X" so it has more cc's but inferior in build. I don't care about engine speed control or the blade brake the HRU196 has - but the mechanism protection guards and the metal engine/exhaust cover/air filter housing etc (vs plastic everything on the HRU19) appeals. The main thing I'm torn about is that one is commercial quality and the other isn't. I've got a price match for $799 on the HRU19M@ and $1099 on the HRU196M2, so just $300 between them. Any input from HRU196M2 users? (not the M1 please)

Brendan H
Brendan H

HRU19M2

Robbo3057
Robbo3057

I have a HRU196M2PBUH version of the mower. It depends on how flat your yard is. The mower is commercial grade and weighs in a 44kg empty so it's heavy. Really heavy after an hour or two mowing in the sun. It's a two person job to get it in and out of the car when it needs servicing. That being said, it is incredibly reliable. Apart from the weight, I can't fault it. Probably worth the $1229 I paid for it.

TheOneAndDroney

Thanks for the replies. I’ve heard from a source that the 160cc engine is being changed in all commercial Honda mowers. So I’ll wait for that to happen :)

That mower (if the blade brake model) is the $999 one.

Lee F.asked
Buffalo Buck HRU19M2

Picked up my new mower and used today, fantastic mower, cuts beautiful, but the catcher blows grass
out the vents majorly, all over me, i covered the vents with heavy duty tape, is this good or bad?

vakaz 85
vakaz 85

No do not cover vents.... usually there is mesh inside the catcher over the vents to prevent this....

ok thanks

How’s the mower going?

David
Davidasked
Buffalo Buck HRU19M2

Is there are a mulching plug or a swing handle on this mower? I have the Self propellled HRR16 model, selling it to go back to a pushy, to hard to pull backwards to go forward again. I am 70. Love Hondas they do what is said of them.

Did you get one?

Purpleneck
Purpleneckasked
Buffalo Buck HRU19M2

Weight of all Honda push mowers?

denys p.asked
Buffalo Buck HRU19M2

Hello, I just used my HRU19M2PKU lawnmower for the first time, and I am well disappointed in the grass catcher. I have grass blowing out between the flap that holds it in place at the top, and the right side of the flap keeps riding up or the catcher slipping down which then allowed even more grass to escape between the gap where the flap holds the catcher.
Has anyone else had this issue?
Denys

ROLLA
ROLLA

Never had that issue, you sure its on right?

denys p.

It seems to be. I have looked and checked and checked again. The flap just keeps rising up, especially on the right side.

denys p.

Ok, got this sorted. The grass catcher has a bit out a deformity on the right side but just needs a squeeze to get into position correctly.

Honda Buffalo Buck HRU19M2