13Honda HR-V

Honda HR-V Questions & Answers

TNP
TNP · HR-V

I have a 2022 HR-V and got the side doors damaged, requiring both doors to be replaced it seems. How much do you think this would cost me?

R A.

Not sure. But worth trying a few wreckers yards. You never know your luck, may even find some that are the same colour.

Dan
Dan · HR-V

I have very recently purchased a 2021 Honda SUV, HRV VTI and have found that within a couple of days of my purchase, I started to notice, that sometimes when turning a corner, the car would hesitate to respond to the press of the accellerator and then all of a sudden, it would surge forward. I've noticed since then, that this now also manifests on the straight as well. Has this got anything to do with the CVT transmission and is it safe to continue driving?

Arthur F.

Had mine for 5 years. Have not experienced this fault. You need to take this up with Honda Service dealer.

Solid
Solid · 2015 Release VTi (2014-2024)

Just purchased 2018 model hrv, gps takes approximately 20 to 30 minutes to get gps fix, car does not have usb connection how can I do an update to see if system fault has been fixed

Ray40
Ray40

Our previous car was a HONDA Accord Euro. We updated the GPS CD through the local dealer and had no problems at all.

Solid

Thanks Ron for your reply the model i have has no cd player so i will contact dealer hopefully they can update at their service centre, will see if there is an option in settings when i get a gps signal

Arthur F.

I use my iPhone for GPS. Phone GPS always up to date. I don’t like the GPS that is supplied in the vehicle.

Solid

Thanks for the info Arthur much appreciated

kate54
kate54

Have 2018 My17 and the GPS is out of date - taken me to dead ends! The only way to update is via dealer at a charge so it's not in my GPS I use my phone!

Thanks for the info

graham d.
graham d. · HR-V

Hi when I make phone calls in my 2021 hrv the radio comes on blaring over the top of the phone call. Thought it may have as been phone issue but tried 3 different phones now.

Simon V.
Simon V.

We have the same issue. I note Honda has not answered Graham.d yet.

R A.

Good luck waiting for Honda to reply. I even went to the extent of sending an email to Honda Australia Head Office. Sent it THREE times over a few weeks and never got a reply at all. Their service has really gone downhill.

Watto
Watto

Have the same issue with 2021 HRV, also have intermittent issue with sound and blank screen or screen display with no sound. Clock is always wrong. Dealer have reset it twice now, they say there is no issue when they test it. Advised to take a video of the issue, but it only be replaced with the same type of unit.

Melanie R.
Melanie R. · HR-V

I just bought a 2023 hrv and keep having issues with the navigation system. While it starts working it will shut off constantly saying.. your device is not compatible with this system when clearly it is. I have to keep unplugging the cord and replugging to get it to restart. Is there an issue with the cord I'm using? I've used different cords and continue to have the issue. Please help!

Honda   DM

Hi Melanie, we would love to help you with this. Can you please send us a message to customerservice@honda.com.au and provide your registration number so we can get in touch. Thanks!

Frank
Frank · HR-V

i have a2017 hr-v can you have the vehicle radio on whilst the the sat nav is on

clindebak
clindebak · HR-V

The CD player on my 2017 HR-V doesn't work. Is there something I can try to get it to work?

Jock C
Jock C · HR-V

Does the radio cut out when reversing in an HRV

Definitely not

Paul T.
Paul T. · HR-V 2015 Release (2015-2024)

Honda HRV 1015m where do the positive and negative wired rin go having connected the battery

A Webster
A Webster · 2015 Release VTi-LX (2018-2024)

Has anyone else had problems with the radio function of the head unit?

I bought my hrv lx in January 2021 and from week 1 the radio would do this weird thing where after a few radio station changes, it will just keep playing the same station even when you choose a new one. The head unit was eventually replaced in September when a new head unit could be delivered from overseas but the new one has the same problem.

Mine doesn’t do that.

Kate
Kate · 2015 Release VTi (2014-2024)

Hello everyone,
I have just had a new sat nav, GPS system put into my 2 year old HRV as the first one didn’t work, and it still doesn’t work. It just freezes on an address or says waiting to connect to GPS. I like everything else about the car but how do they sell something that doesn’t function? It has a good warranty and set price servicing, but how will I ever sell the car in the future if the sat nav doesn’t work?
What do other people do?

Coffee King
Coffee King

Hi Kate, I am planning to get a 2015 HRV but after reading all those disappointment comments, I will ditch the hunt and go for other brands. Everyone is doing their own job and that's why your GPS is still not working.........Lol!

Kayles

I use Waze. It’s heaps better.

Maria C · HR-V

has anyone experienced water leaking through the door trim on both passenger side and driver side back doors. Mine is a real issue as I have never in my life of owning a car have experienced water leaks through door trim

WJoubert
WJoubert

I haven't experienced this. Even drying in heavy rain. Does it leak when driving in just rain or if driving through water on the road?

Maria C

leaks on heavy downpour a lot stationary and driving, the water settle in the rubber trim on door, when I open the door leaks on both doors, coming through the door trim between the door cover and I am assuming membrane cover in the door. it seems to be both back doors. I just went to check the car now which has been stationary all morning and a huge downpour, and there is lots of water building up in the rubber door trim and between the door cover when I open it. A pity I cannot add photos to show you. Pretty disappointed

Giantkiller
Giantkiller

My car HRV RS is only 7months old and have not had water problems. I suggest it may be coming down thru the window spacing, then arriving in the trim, but it sounds unusual. A panel beater will be the best form of advice for this matter prior to attending a dealership. Regards, Glenn.

Honda   DM

Hi Maria, Further to your question in reference to water leaking into your vehicle, we would suggest speaking to your Honda Centre's service representatives. Alternatively, our customer support team on 1800 804 954 can also discuss this matter with you. Thanks Kiara

SueP
SueP

Never had that problem Im sure you will get a message from Honda. I did when I complained on this site about having problems with safety recall. They were fantastic and problem solved

Maria C

I have booked in my car to get water pressured tested for next Monday in the meantime I will use rags to wipe the leaks down

Not at all.

Helen
Helen · HR-V

Has anyone found a fix for the gps screen becoming invisible in bright sunlight?Because of the poor design of the gps unit, the screen slopes backwards beneath the windscreen sloping the other way, of course. In Australia the sun is almost overhead from September through to March, so the sun shines directly down onto the screen rendering it invisible and useless whether for navigation or reversing.. Really needs a hood over the screen. These were/are available for cars with CD drives but my model HR-V doesn’t have CD.. This is really a safety issue that has been around for a few years as a friend who has had a Jazz for a while has the same issue.

Sandy E.

Same problem with my HRV 2018 Luxury, very dangerous issue.Reverse camera, navigation etc unreadable in sunlight?? Is this a warranty issue ?? Otherwise I love it

I have extend warranty?

Karen M.
Karen M.

I’ve had the same problem and Honda suggested adjusting brightness and contrast etc. It didn’t really make any difference so I fashioned a sun shade out of a plastic display folder and whilst it won’t win any prizes for appearances, it seems to work fairly well.

Vinod S.
Vinod S. · HR-V

Hi
I have honda hrv 2017 and I want to change whole sound system and touch screen of 2020 model
Does any one have idea it works or not ?

Honda   DM

Hi Vinod, We recommend liaising with your preferred Honda dealer. They will be able to discuss these options and pricing directly with you! Thanks Kiara

Rob s
Rob s · HR-V

Hi I’ve purchased a new HRv RS model. This car suffers very badly of front end rattles worse on the drivers side. Handle bumps and Sydney roads well but ripples or waves in the bitumen just drives me crazy. Had back to Honda with dash resets and foamed and skittle plate replaced twice but still has that nasty noise. I’ve asked other drivers with the same model car and they say no! I’ve reported it to Honda Australia, and they say take it back to the dealer. I don’t wish to waste my or the dealers time, can anyone help me here or advise me on what to do. The car is coming up to 20000 in the first 12 months
Rob

Anne N.
Anne N.

Sorry Rob. I cannot say my Honda has given me that type of trouble. Definitely need to take it back to your dealer and demand a full overhaul or a new vehicle. This should not happen with a 12 month old car. Not good enough. Sounds like a dud to me.

Patsy M.
Patsy M.

We had exactly the same issue in the HRV 2020 Model. They finally found the issue in the rear view mirror windscreen connection!

John · HR-V

How do I change, or turn off. the radio whilst the sat nav is on.

Lornick
Lornick

Before you put the Navigator on make sure you switch it to bluetooth phone first. Then put the navigator on.

I did not ask about the phone; I wrote, "the radio" Thank you

Chances
Chances

To control your music selection , use the left side steering wheel control.
Up-down is for volume control.
left-right is for station selection when using radio.
Source button is used to select different input sources (radio, USB, Bluetooth.......)

Rob
Rob · HR-V

I have a 2016 Honda HRV Vti-L, how do I get navigation to come up on my audio screen with iphone 11?

Janette B.
Janette B.

I would also like to know

NathanM
NathanM · HR-V

we're experiencing dash rattles that have been ongoing for 18+ months. Honda are aware of a poorly designed windscreen cowl panel that vibrates as it's plastic up against glass which has been redesigned, but after 7 visits and the dealer packing the dash full of insulating foam it still vibrates and rattles on rough roads at speeds above 80km/h.
I believe this issue is also evident in civic's and affects most Honda's as even the brand new loan car we were given (with literally just 350km driven) had the dash rattle as well.
We've been in contact with a couple of dozen other owners as well who all report rattles which cannot be fixed, one owner had the car refunded by NCAT after 3 dash replacements couldn't fix the issue.

Wilko

That's crap, we only have 267ks on the clock with no rattles as yet. Just another thing to look forward too. Hope they find a fix for you.

K Q.
K Q.

I cut up bits of plastic milk bottle and slid it between the windscreen and the cowl. It worked well. I have just had the cowl replaced under warranty so it will be interesting to see how well that has worked.

Cathie R.
Cathie R. · HR-V

Has the media system in the HRV been improved with the 2019 and 2020 models?

Wilko

Sadly NO. What a total joke of a system.

Randy D.
Randy D. · HR-V

How do I get a bad disc out of my CD player? Honda 2017 HRV

Get an answer from our members and Honda representatives

Select a listing for your question
Honda HR-V