Ink Hub Questions & Answers

12 questions from our users

Bob
Bobasked

Do these cartridges have the latest chip

Hi Bob
All of our cartridges at this time have the very latest chips on them. We are very on the ball about having the latest chipped versions as it saves us and the customer a heap of headaches.

Kind regards Dean

Jade
Jade

Sorry for the late reply. I don't if they have chips but I put them into the printer and worked. All the ink level were shown as full. Hope this helps.

Werner S.
Werner S.asked

My Brother Printer MFC-795CW Com up with 4F. Is ther a way to clear the Print head from blocking?

Hi Werner
The 4F message generally indicates that the printhead has died. I have been in this game for 13 years and it is almost ALWAYS terminal when any printhead error occurs. Sorry I can't give you better news however other than cleaning the printhead using Windex if that don't work then it's kaput. Have a read of this and follow the links down the bottom of the page to see the videos on cleaning the printheads.
Kind regards Dean ( Ink Hub )

Darryl G.
Darryl G.asked

Does Ink Hub stock after market inks for the Epson SC-P600, T760 series of cartridges?

Hi Darryl
Sorry but at this stage we do not stock these cartridges.
Kind regards Dean

taleenee
taleeneeasked

I have a brother printer and am looking for compatible cartridges, however some photos I had printed previously,I am discovering that they have turned orange. These weren’t bought through this website,

I’m wanting to know if anyone has compatible cartridges that have printed photos and they are still the original colour.

Hi Taleenee
This depends really on several factors. The biggest factor is the amount of UV exposure. Generic inks do not have the ability to resist UV as well as the more expensive genuine oil based inks do. Also the type of paper plays a role in how the image quality will last over a period of time.

In general with tests we have performed our inks hold up very well over time as long as they are not exposed to very high levels of UV. Even the genuine oil based inks will deteriorate if exposed to high UV for too long. As far as colour changing over time once again this is only been notice if UV levels are quite high such as in front of a very brightly lit window etc. Providing the UV levels are not very high we have not noticed any colour change in prints using our inks.
Regards Dean ( Owner / Manager )

P O'Toole
P O'Toole

Hi Taleenee from my experience with ink hub I would definitely say try their inks before any others. I've bought inks before that were a whole lot more expensive than ink hub and only lasted half the time. Cheers Pam

Hi Taleenee,
I have noted the comments that Dean has made.
This is a vexatious question to say the least. There are so many variables here, which Dean alleded, that must be taken into account ie. printer, paper, ink and quality of original photo.
As a start point, let me say that I have been a customer of Ink Hub since June 2017 and have had no issues with their products for both the ink cartridges for my Canon printer or the cartridges for my Brother, black & white only, laser printer.
The Brother laser printer is a low cost wireless laser printer and used to print black marks on white paper. It does the job to an acceptable level with which I am happy. I do not expect anything more than that from it.
The Canon, on the other hand is a different matter. It is a Canon Pixma MX 926, (about 2 years old) designated as a MFC or Multi Function Centre. This means that it not only prints, but scans and copies as well.
When printing a colour item, this produces an acceptable output on plain paper, such as a photo/picture that may be used for school project or such.
On occasions, when I have wanted to print a photo of a particular family event ie birthday, anniversary and such, I have used the Canon Glossy Photo Paper (Product GP-501) which I have found produces a most acceptable result especially going back over several years, I may only print a few or several photos like this.
In the event, I need to print a large number of photos, say 50-100, I would take them to a commercial operation, such as K-mart or Harvey Norman and have them do it. That way, if I or the end user are not happy with the result, I have some comeback on the operation.
For information, cameras used have been either or both, Canon 700D, Nikon D90 or Nikon P900
Trust this is of assistance.
Regards

Hanny S.
Hanny S.asked

hi Dean, i bought generic ink 61XL for HP 2540 from ebay. It was good on the first few use but i dont use it for quite sometimes. And when i want to use it, it did not print. I shake the cartridge hard and drops and drops of ink came out. Just wondering if the cartridge still have ink why it can not print? Any of your customer had similar complain when buy cartridge from ink hub? was it dry out?

Dean MInk Hub

Yes we hear this all of the time when people buy cartridges on Ebay. Most of them are low quality and don't work properly. The ink is of a very poor viscosity and it's common for them to clog as the ink has very poor solvents that allow it to dry too fast.

Robasked

I am looking for a printer for home. I have an EPSON wf3620. Had no end of issues print the printer cartridges. Lastly got x97 error. The cartridges cost me heaps. I need a good Scanner/Printer that ink will not clog as I don't printer regularity. Needs to be reliable and ink not costing heaps and irregular use does not cause it issues.

Hi there
Based on your criteria and the fact that you don't print regularly I would be looking at the Canon Pixma range of printers. The Canon printers use a thermal printhead which does not clog as easy, they are very forgiving.

Also they work perfectly with generic inks. Any of the Pixma range are fine as long as they use individual cartridges and not just 2. Avoid the models which use 6 cartridges as the extra PhotoBlue cartridge does nothing whatsoever and only adds to the cost of consumables. Best of wishes with it all. Kind regards Dean ( Manager )

Thanks Dean

Rob

Hi do any of the Canon Pixma printers have a document feed for scanning. As I tend to scan a bit. I do print a bit but not on an irregular basis.

Alwyn M Nelson
Alwyn M Nelsonasked

Are you still there I can't find your phone number I need ink for my Epson xl200 so please ring me on 0266449360 I will buy three lots of four cartridges hoping to hear from you. regards Alwyn Nelson

inkhub.com.au (08) 7324 3065

Dee

It's not my company, I only buy from them.

Dean MInk Hub

Thanks Dee. Much appreciated. He gave me a call. All sorted. Thank you and Merry Christmas.

GmaA
GmaAasked

Can you supply genric brand inks if I buy a canon Pixma TS5960 from Office works as recommended by you?

Ink hub has a terrific range of cartridges- just go into their website and look for the make and model of printer you want the generic ink for.

Fired Up
Fired Up

Suggest you get a friend to ring and ask for details

The printer we recommend is a Cnon TS5060 NOT a TS5960. Kind regards Dean

Ron M
Ron Masked

I'm considering purchasing a Brother HL-L3230CDW colour laser printer. Has anyone had any experience with using compatible toner in this model?
Regards,
Ron

Dean MInk Hub

The generic cartridges for this model printer are extremely reliable. They are one of our biggest selling toners. https://www.inkhub.com.au/brother-hl-l3230cdw-toner-cartridges

James.
James.asked

Why are all the reviews on Ink Hub so old?

John O.
John O.

I don't know. Perhaps people cannot be bothered writing reviews anymore? I wrote mine because I was tired of spending so much $ on tiny quantities of ink when going OEM. The price of ink is outrageous so any saving is a bonus. Ink Hub inks are also very good.

sydneymidgeasked

Wow, I've never seen so many stars for a product. Seems too good to be true, but I'm a believer. Well mostly. ha ha.
I've had my Epson XP-420 since May 2016. Does anyone know if using using this ink will void my warranty?
Thanks.

Hi there
No using generic ink cartridges does not void your warranty. The manufacturers cannot legally refuse to honour your printers warranty. Have a read of this article and follow the link to the legalities of using compatible inks.

sydneymidge

Thank you Dean. About a month ago I installed cartridges from Cartridge World and have been happy with the result. However just this week I've had a couple of documents come out with black blotches on the bottom of the pages. I don't do a lot of printing but It caused me to wonder if this was caused by the generic cartridges.
Thanks for responding.

Hi there
It sounds as though the cartridges you bought from Cartridge World may have leaked a little. That is about the only way you could get blotches on your printing.

Matilda
Matildaasked

Can you mix non genuine ink products in your printer along with genuine ones?

Hi Matilda
Yes you certainly can combine the two without any issues. The only printers which sometimes can give issues are Epson printers. Occasionally you will get a printer which will recognise the difference between the genuine and the generic micro chip which is fitted to the cartridges.

In cases like this simply use all genuine or all generic cartridges. This is not very often the case however it can occur.

Get an answer from our members and Ink Hub representatives