Kmart Espresso Coffee Machine

Kmart Espresso Coffee Machine Questions & Answers

42 questions from our users

Melanson

Melansonasked

I've only had the machine for a couple of weeks. The frother is no longer frothing, but is heating the milk. It is ear piercing loud also.

Daniel

Danielasked

No milk is coming out of the frother, only steam and water. Does the milk frother have a hose? I bought it second hand. Can anyone tell me if there is supposed to be a plastic hose in the milk frother... thanks

Verity W.
Verity W.

Yes. There should be a straw-like tube that feeds the milk from the container into the frother. If you got a sturdy straw as a replacement, it might work.

Holly Wood
Holly Wood

Daniel, the milk doesn’t come out of the frother. It is heated by the steam from it. Maybe look for a YouTube “how to” video

Sue C.

Sue C.asked

Hi all. How long should the frother take to heat the milk to a reasonable temperature. Mine seems to take ages.

Alcx R.

Alcx R.asked

Can I replace the anko one with a 51mm portafilter? What would be compatible?

Bobbyasked

The water green water temp indicator keeps going off after about 3-4 seconds of putting water through the coffee. It cannot seem to maintain heat any longer. We do not suffer from scale here, that I know of.
Heating element / sensor failure???

Dave
Dave

Mine has always done the same during the draw and it causes no issues. Green means it has reached the target heat and stops heating. Monitor the actual temp gauge. Depending on how cold your reservoir water is, the sensor will react as soon as the water moves outside of the (very small) draw target range and start heating again. 100’s of coffees later and it still gives perfect crema. hth

Bobby

It only started doing this in last day or so. Previously it held temp all the way through the shot. Now the last 2/3 is lukewarm.

Michael B.

Michael B.asked

Hi there. Does anyone know how to descale the machine? The user manual says to refer to the de-scaler instructions but the de-scaler says to refer to the user manual!! Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

Shira L.

Gosh when you get an answer, I'd love to know. How to get the gunk out of the bottom of the tank?

Shira L.asked

I bought the ANKO about a year ago and love love love love it. Does everything we want it to do for a great price. However recently we have had a persistent drip from the "basket" into the catch tray. I suspect I just need to tighten one thing to make it stop. Anyone have a suggestion how to fix/stop the drip?

Silvio P.

Silvio P.asked

Where can I buy a Anko Expresso machine?

Shira L.

Kmart. Its a winner-- super cheap and great coffee

Chef Osi

Chef Osiasked

My coffee make is not brewing at all... No liquid is coming out. The milk frother works well. It has worked before for like 5 days before this issue... How do I get it to work again? It's still new.. Thank you

Sianaceleste C.

Sianaceleste C.asked

Can I buy a replacement 2 cup filter

Tim

Hi, yes you can. Just search for 51mm filter basket on eBay. The Anko coffee machine normally comes with a dual walled 51mm 'pressurised' basket. You can also use a 'non-pressurised' basket, however it requires a burr grinder for super fine grinds.

Simone

Simoneasked

Hi can I buy replacement filter baskets for this machine?

Tim

Yes, they are standard 51mm pressurised baskets. Plenty online for sale. The machine comes with a both a single and double pressurised basket making it easy for the beginner to make decent cups of coffee. If you are more adventurous you can buy a non pressurised basket, as long as you have a burr grinder (manual or auto) to make consistent fine grinds and a good metal tamper.

Sehra H.

Sehra H.asked

Just wondering what coffee does everyone use

Tim

I use Aldi Lazzio coffee beans. They are roasted by Black Bag Roasters in Richmond. Pretty good for the price $11.50-$13 for 1 kg bag. Need to keep them sealed for freshness. They have medium roast that won awards in Dec 2018, dark roast and single origins (I.e. Columbian, Brazilian, etc). Way way cheaper than what I use to pay for pods which are only 5 to 7 grams per pod. Now I only use double basket and the coffee is as good as cafes.

Serwin F.

Serwin F.asked

Would you know the size of the porta filter for this.. i will be buying a stainless tamper

Andrew

Just measure the diameter of the plastic one supplied with the espresso machine ...cheers

Marie D.

Marie D.asked

Espresso & latte light keep flashing & cannot pour coffee.

John C.

John C.asked

How to operate coffee machine

Evita B.

Evita B.asked

Just wanna get a metal tamper what size should I buy

Andrew

Hi Evita...I use the bottom of the measuring spoon as instructed so just measure the bottom of that for your size..cheers Andy

Dools

Doolsasked

Have had the machine for several months without any problems. Coffee tastes fine but now I am unable to froth the milk. It steams but the cold full cream milk ends up watery, not the silky texture with froth as previously acheived plus it takes much longer to reach the desired temperature. And yes, I wait for the steam ready light to go on before I froth the milk. ? Time for a refund ?

Nicole M.

Nicole M.asked

Just bought a machine today. It’s not pumping water through. I’ve removed the blue tape on the bottom of the water container and when I press the button underneath water come out, but when I attach the water tank and turn the machine on I am not getting any water. Double checked under the holding fixture and it doesn’t appear to have any tape covering it. Any ideas if I’ve missed anything?
Cheers

sapphireparker2498

you have to wait like 1 min or so if its first time use as water hasnt run through it before so takes awhile for it to work out the pipes etc.... i thought i broke it the first time i turned it on because of this

Wray W.asked

Not pumping water

Marcia
Marcia

Is the part that holds the coffee grounds correctly inserted into the machine and locked in place? Have you waited for the dial to heat up? Have tamped down your coffee grounds sufficiently? If all this is done and it doesn’t work, pack it up, return it and get a new one. We have had ours now for a few months and it is working as well as the expensive one we had previously. You may have just been unfortunate enough to get a dud one. Just try again.

Wray W.

Thank you, but brand new and couldn't get cold water to flush through as instructed in the manual to start with. Returning will be our bet option I think, thank you.

Wray W.

Thanks, replaced and working well! ;)

Margaret M.

Margaret M.asked

Is the dose supposed to cut off when enough water has passed through the group head? Mine kept running till the cup was almost full and the coffee watery and bitter. Should I cut it off earlier?

sapphireparker2498

you have to turn it off yourself. it states this in the instructions, it recommends about 10ml