Kmart Espresso Coffee Machine

Kmart Espresso Coffee Machine Questions & Answers

29 questions from our users

Marie D.

Marie D.asked

Espresso & latte light keep flashing & cannot pour coffee.

John C.

John C.asked

How to operate coffee machine

Evita B.

Evita B.asked

Just wanna get a metal tamper what size should I buy

Andrew
Andrew

Hi Evita...I use the bottom of the measuring spoon as instructed so just measure the bottom of that for your size..cheers Andy

Doolsasked

Have had the machine for several months without any problems. Coffee tastes fine but now I am unable to froth the milk. It steams but the cold full cream milk ends up watery, not the silky texture with froth as previously acheived plus it takes much longer to reach the desired temperature. And yes, I wait for the steam ready light to go on before I froth the milk. ? Time for a refund ?

Nicole M.

Nicole M.asked

Just bought a machine today. It’s not pumping water through. I’ve removed the blue tape on the bottom of the water container and when I press the button underneath water come out, but when I attach the water tank and turn the machine on I am not getting any water. Double checked under the holding fixture and it doesn’t appear to have any tape covering it. Any ideas if I’ve missed anything?
Cheers

sapphireparker2498

you have to wait like 1 min or so if its first time use as water hasnt run through it before so takes awhile for it to work out the pipes etc.... i thought i broke it the first time i turned it on because of this

Wray W.asked

Not pumping water

Marcia

Is the part that holds the coffee grounds correctly inserted into the machine and locked in place? Have you waited for the dial to heat up? Have tamped down your coffee grounds sufficiently? If all this is done and it doesn’t work, pack it up, return it and get a new one. We have had ours now for a few months and it is working as well as the expensive one we had previously. You may have just been unfortunate enough to get a dud one. Just try again.

Wray W.

Thank you, but brand new and couldn't get cold water to flush through as instructed in the manual to start with. Returning will be our bet option I think, thank you.

Wray W.

Thanks, replaced and working well! ;)

Margaret M.asked

Is the dose supposed to cut off when enough water has passed through the group head? Mine kept running till the cup was almost full and the coffee watery and bitter. Should I cut it off earlier?

sapphireparker2498

you have to turn it off yourself. it states this in the instructions, it recommends about 10ml

Haley Long

Haley Longasked

How do I use the froth up the milk

Steph B

Steph Basked

Is anyone elses temperature gauge not working? So frustrating

Marcia

Mine is working fine. Makes hot coffee. You must have a faulty one. Take it back and swap it for another.

Carmel Masked

Does anyone have any problems when using the single shot brewing filter? I get a great crema when I am using the double shot one, but when just using the single shot filter there is never a crema and the espresso splatters all around the cup! It is sitting in the filter holder perfectly.

Marcia

Cannot help you with that as I have only used the double shot one. Will try the single shot and see what happens.

Carmel M

Yes, you need to shut the flow off through the brew head after about 60mls of water has passed through it (maybe a bit less than a third of a cup). It doesn't shut itself off. A standard espresso shot is 30ml so a double shot is 60ml. If you are having a long black you can top it up with hot water, or if you are having a latte or cappuccino then you would steam the milk and top up your cup with that. Running to much water through the coffee grinds will make them watery and bitter. Hope that helps.

PamMm

PamMmasked

Hi my kmart coffee machine isn't working, everytime i tried to use it the water keeps on leaking. and the coffee won't come out. any help?

Haniasked

do we need to purchase coffee beans grinder separately or is it inbuilt ?

Peppermint Breeze

You need a separate grinder.

These are seperate

Hani

thank you for the response.

Deeksha C.

Deeksha C.asked

Hi Guys. Thinking of buying this for my husband's birthday as he loves coffee. Can you please recommend if it's worth buying? Concerned about the burnt plastic smell.

Cheers

Peppermint Breeze

We didn't experience any burnt plastic smell at all. We followed the instructions and ran 3 cups of water through before using the machine to make our coffee. I think this may prevent the factory plastic smell. Hope this helps.

Yes great buy

anudheep

anudheepasked

Hi, How long should I run espresso shot for cappuccino. If I run it for 15 seconds it’s too weak and watery. Thanks

Garryg63
Garryg63

If you're is usable your one of the lucky ones. Sorry I can't help with your question I had mine for 4 months and never got a decent coffee out of it. Constant plastic taste and when I finally returned it they seemed to be expecting it. Good luck!

Emma

Emmaasked

First time to use and the water won't run. You can hear the motor, the top is getting warm, the green light is on. We can get the frother to work but want to run the water through but can't get it to run. It has sufficient water but won't uptake the water. Any suggestions??

Tess
Tess

I have the same issue. Did you figure it out?

HumusKing

HumusKingasked

Has the burnt plastic smell been fixed? Looking to buy one but concerned about the recurring plastic taste issue. Call me to discuss on 0481876957. Jonathan

paully2012

Johnathon when you first heat the machine in the morning always flush the grouphead before extraction, I noticed a burnt taste if I didnt flush the group first. Also be aware that tap water left in machine overnight will also give a burnt taste and smell. Always us fresh water each day as when council water has sat for a while the bromide dissipates leaving a chlorine taste.

Doolsasked

My Anko expresso coffee machine is spurting coffee & scalding water out from around the portafilter !. It is seated properly & secure - (Coffee everywhere). I do froth the milk first before pouring the coffee - am I do something wrong ?.

paully2012

Try cleaning the grouphead housing with a cloth damp. Coffee grinds can get caught upbreaking the seal. Run water through group head after making coffee. Make the coffee first before using steam wand. Dont tamper hard, no need too. Use bought bottled water to keep scale at minimum.

Dools

Thank you for your suggestions. I will definitely clean the group head housing to see if this helps with the problem & brew the coffee before frothing.

Pam T.

Pam T.asked

How to use the machine. There were no instructions in the box! It appears to be leaking water

Kerry R.

Kerry R.asked

How much does it cost

Jcd
Jcd

$89

Pauline51asked

I bought this machine for my son for Christmas ,he only used it twice and it has a plastic burning smell and taste .
Very disappointed as he threw the receipt and box out .
Am I able to still take it back for a refund as it is genuinely something seriously wrong with it?
It should be recalled.

D P.
D P.

You can also use Credit Card / Bank Statement as Proof of Purchase.

Pauline51

He used an e gift card he received for Christmas so has no record only the machine

Get an answer from our members and Kmart representatives