Koala Mattress

Koala Mattress Questions & Answers

Double, King, King Single, Queen and Single
4.7 from 2,778 reviews

282 questions from our users

My mattress still has a nasty chemical smell that’s giving me a bad headache and irritated throat and nose. We’ve had it for 2 weeks now and it’s still very unpleasant...is there anything can do to get rid of the smell?
I smelled a similar thing the first couple of nights too but my partner didn’t. I actually slept with a bar of soap on my pillow!! But it subsided by the 4th night. I did also make sure to have a lot of airflow in our bedroom during the day and night... unsure if that helps tho.

I have had the mattress for 3 months and it's been perfect up until now. The temperature has started dropping over night from 30 degrees to 10 since this change in temperature me and my partner have been waking up drenched in sweat and extremely cold is there any reason for this is the mattress reacting to the cold and impacting me and my partner?

We've had our mattress for two years and there is a noticeable trough on each side of the bed where we sleep. What can we do to get rid of the dip - can we flip the mattress over?
Hi there, I'm sorry to hear this has happened. Please get in touch with our customer service team, they can help look into this issue and will submit a warranty claim for your case right away. 1800 K SLEEP / support@koala.com *We do recommend rotating the mattress every few months but it's not designed to be flipped.

Are you able to use an electric blanket with a koala mattress?
Hi Janette, You absolutely can!

I live in New Zealand and have just bought a koala mattress from someone who never opened or used it. I don’t know when it was first purchased so don’t know if it’s under warranty. My issue is that when we opened and unwrapped the mattress it didn’t inflate like the videos show and after a few days it still doesn’t seem to fill the cover. Will this change? Should the seems be on the edges? Thanks
Hi Audrey, Thanks for your question, I'm sorry this has happened. I'm afraid I don't have good news- Our warranty and trial are not transferable, meaning it is only applicable to the original purchaser. There should be a production date stamped on the outside of the mattress box and also on the care tag. Our mattresses need to be opened within 8 weeks after this production date, they are not designed to stay in the box for long periods of time. The last mattress we sold in New Zealand was in August 2018 which means the mattress you have was compressed in its box for at least 9 months.

Hi. I’ve only had my mattress for a month or so, and have noticed the cover has turned yellow. Is this supposed to happen?
Hi Cat, Thanks for getting in touch. Absolutely not, it's not normal and something we can definitely replace for you. Can you please send me an email with your full name and order number and I'll get this sorted for you. Eve e.simmance@koala.com

can I get Koala mattress in Singapore?
I'm sorry, no. We're currently only operating in Australia and Japan at the moment.Oh thank you

Hi there! We were actually one of the first 100 people to purchase a Koala Mattress (so you know we're fans from way back!) but when preparing to move recently have noticed that the underside of the cover is completely torn to shreds as the mattress has moved around on its base - it seems perhaps the matte finish was not quite grippy enough! Is there some way we can have the cover replaced?
Hi Liz, Oh no! Are you using one of our bed bases? If you could please take a moment to fill in the warranty form (link below) we can get this sorted out for you right away. https://koalamattress.typeform.com/to/yPQbEV Please ensure that your photos uploaded through the form replicate the examples provided, otherwise your claim may be denied or asked to retake the photos, which will delay the turnaround time. Once we have received the form back we will be in touch within 2-3 business days with an outcome to your warranty request. Eve

I purchased a queen mattress 11 months ago through Myer, I have noticed that it is starting to sag in the middle causing my partner and I to roll towards each other in the center of the bed. Has anyone else had this issue? any suggestions??
Hi Kaitlyn, So sorry to hear this is happening. Please reach out to our customer service team. They would be happy to look into this for you and submit a warranty claim. 1800 KSLEEP or support@koala.com Thank you

My wife and I bought a koala mattress 3 weeks ago and have noticed an orange mark appearing on the cover which we have since washed and it has mostly gone The mattress has also started to compact in its kloud cell layer +5cm to the point where there is a noticeable large dip even when we arent on it we are only 112 and 60kgs each Also the isocyanate (sweet chemical smell accociated with polyurethane curing processes) is still very strong The mattress is comfortable but these problems cant be a good thing We are considering replacement but we are not sure the replacement will be any different Advice?
I would ask for a replacement and detail the issues. I do not have those issues and expect you have a faulty oneHow long have you had your mattress?

I've had my Koala for only a couple of weeks, and finding it too firm. Waking up a bit stiff and sore. How long does it take to "get used" to a firm mattress if you've previously been on a soft one?
read their advice on thisHi Helen. As with any mattress it may take up to 30 days for your body to adjust as you are sleeping on a different surface to your old mattress. If you are still uncomfortable after this you could try a memory foam topper to go softer or simply return the mattress.Hi Helen, It can take your body up to 3 weeks to fully adjust to any new mattress. It's definitely worth sticking it out a little longer. Let us know how you get on!

Can you ‘re-roll’ a koala mattress for transport or will it wreck the mattress once it’s been opened?
I was told it was only the cover which would be replaced so have thrown out box.sorry thought it was Koala about replacing the cover. I understand you can reroll but not tried it, likely best to contact them direct as they know their product. its light so nothing like moving a conventional mattress.Hi Meghan, Thanks for getting in touch. We use special compression technology to be able to fit the mattress compactly into its box, once you unroll it from the plastic protector, it will instantly decompress to full size! There isn't a way to get it back in the box at all I'm afraid. If you do need to store the mattress, it can be folded in half and secured with a rope. This is fine (and actually good) for the foam. Let me know if you have any further questions!

Are any of the reviews for some who has had the Koala mattress for say 2 to 3 years. i have not found any ongoing reviews for that as yet. Thank you ( interested buyer)
Hi Alexia! Thanks for getting in touch. From time to time we do have people leave reviews, messages, and feedback after owning thier Koala for 1-3 years. We have reviews here from 2016. There is a way to see (on each review) when the customer initially purchased, but unfortunately, I don't think there is a way to sort the reviews this way on product review, or search for a review that has been left 2 or 3 years after purchasing. We also have reviews on our website, too! It would be great to encourage more people that are old customers, to leave an updated review! We will look into this and if I do find any in the meantime, I'd be happy to email them through to you if you let me know your email address? For what it's worth, I started working for Koala in 2016 and was sent a King mattress in October 2016. I still love my mattress and have really restful sleep most nights. It took a couple of weeks to get used to it after sleeping on a traditional spring mattress for most of my life. Let me know if you have any questions. Eve

Does the mattress only have foam and no springs?
yesYes. The finer details can be found in their website.Only place to get the answers is by checking their website or ringing them.

Hi is my koala mattress cover supposed to turn yellowish? We’ve slept on it for a couple of months and noticed the white is turing yellow all over the mattress cover. We’ve narrowed down that it could be sweat as the summer has been very hot here in Sydney. Cheers
we had the same thing and we use mattress protector. the mattress protector is still white with no stains whatsoever but the mattress and the cover both turned yellow/orange . we've only slept on it for couple of months and we don't have pets. it's definitely not sweat related as we have aircon .Hi James and Mimi, This issue has occurred for a few customers. It is to do with the weather and a reaction between the packaging and the mattress during transportation (prior to opening) In saying that, it's in no way an issue that you should be having to endure, we will gladly look into this for you and replace either the cover or the entire mattress. If you can please call our customer service team or send us an email, we will be able to start the process for you. This is absolutely covered under our warranty. In the meantime, please know that the discolouration isn't harmful at all. 1800 K SLEEP or support@koala.comyes it may be off due to the weather condition and it is very easy to remove try this https://www.treasurebox.co.nz/furniture/bedroom-furniture/mattress.html

Hi there, I purchased a Koala mattress last March, its fab. However after coming home from a holiday yesterday, I noticed this weird brown/yellow stain on the bottom edge of the mattress. The pattern is odd- like its seeped upwards across the mattress from the side. I didn't spill anything on the bed, especially sideways, so I don't know what the staining is from, maybe mould in the mattress? I was wondering if anyone can recommend how to clean this?
Hi there, Thank you for getting in touch. We are aware of this issue- It is to do with the weather and a reaction between the packaging and the mattress during transportation (prior to opening) In saying that, it's in no way an issue that you should be having to endure, we will gladly look into this for you and replace either the cover or the entire mattress. If you can please call our customer service team or send us an email, we will be able to start the process for you. This is absolutely covered under our warranty. In the meantime, please know that the discolouration isn't harmful at all and It doesn't indicate mould. 1800 K SLEEP or support@koala.com

Does the koala mattress retain the heat in summer?
I’ve been able to sleep well so far on warm nights. Have not had any issues yet

I am using "magnetic underlay" with my current spring mattress. I've intended to buy Koala memory foam mattress. Should I use my magnetic underlay with Koala memory foam?
Hi there! You can put anything on top of your Koala, from electric blankets to toppers, and protectors, though because you can wash your cover, protectors aren't necessary. It's really all about you and what you like! We do suggest, however, that some toppers and protectors will detract from the natural breathability of the foam and reduce its effectiveness in keeping your cool while you sleep. The mattress is made up of 2 different densities of polyurethane, which is different to memory foam and latex in a couple of ways. Typically memory foam and latex eventually mould to your body, and allow you to sink in, providing minimal support to the areas where you may need it most. The Kloud layer is supportive and pushes you up, supporting your entire body. During testing our foam was shown to be 20% cooler than latex/memory foam. I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any more questions. e.simmance@koala.com

Hi, a family member has encouraged me to buy a Koala mattress, however as I live on the Central Coast it would seem that the pick up return policy does not apply as we're outside the Sydney metropolitan area. What would be the cost of arranging a pickup should the mattress not be suitable?
Hi Fiona, great question - unfortunately the cost depends on which freight company you use, I am more than happy to give you a list of our freight partners and our closest warehouse to you so you can look at a quote. However, it is very unlikely that you would like to return.Thanks Koala, I guess I thought you might still collect it and charge a fee yourselves. Just a little risk for me without trying first. I'll think about it.

Get an answer from our members and Koala representatives

Similar listings