2Leitner Super T

Leitner Super T Questions & Answers

Dee

Hi there. I have owned my Super T bike for about 4 months, and ridden it twice. The trouble I have is with the key ( it won’t move position), the battery can’t be removed, and the charger doesn’t seem to work. Does any one have any suggestions ? I do love this bike, but I can’t keep struggling with charger stuff

sago
sago

Dee,
If I ran into any problems with my bike I would talk to some-one who knows and contact Leitner direct. I think that's your best course of action. They have an excellent record of service and help and I'm sure they will be able to provide a solution. Taking advice from people with little or no idea of your particular problem may cause terminal damage to your battery and I certainly wouldn't welcome the "opportunity" to buy a new battery.

Good point !
I have already contacted Leitner direct , and am just awaiting a reply

Leitner   DM

Dear Dee, Thanks for your your purchase of Super T. If you have any question in regards to operation of your bike, such as how to turn the key on the battery, please download the manual on our website at external link  . Or, please send us an email at sales@leitner.com.au or give us a call at 1300 856 725 . We will be able to walk you through the steps. There are 3 positions for the key on the battery, OFF, LOCK, ON. You need to push the key in, in order to unlock. We look forward in assisting you. Thank you!

Mike Pollard
Mike Pollard

Is the maximum speed of the bike adjustable (above 25kmh for off road use)

Rick

I have never needed to ride my Super T above the 25 km/hr but as I’m not the one to ask I suggest you phone Leitner direct on 1300 856 725 for their recommendation.
I did find a Leaflet message from Leitner that states “If you unlock the throttle on 250W E-bikes to go faster than 6 km/h the bike must not be ridden on public roads.
E-bike models with a top speed of more than 25km/h or with a motor power greater than 250W must not be ridden on public roads”.
Therefore I would suggest that the speed limiter can be unlocked but phone Leitner for confirmation and ask whether the unlocking would void the warranty.

Leitner   DM

Hi Mike, Thanks for your message.
You can choose to unlock the throttle to go up to 25km/hr which is for off road use only. The Super T has a maximum assisted speed of up to 25km/hr via PAS mode which is road legal. You will be able to ride over this speed while going downhill or pedalling faster, however the motor will stop assisting once it goes over 25km/hr. Hope this helps. If you are looking at an off road use bike, you can look at our Leitner Fat Bike. For any other questions, please contact our friendly customer service team at 1300 856 725 or sales@leitner.com.au . Thank you!

Scott B.
Scott B.

Can you tell me the weight of the Super T with battery and fold up dimensions?

Hi Scott,
The Super T I bought is quite heavy but I can easily lift it into the back of my LandCruiser.
The bike fits along one side of the back compartment without having to fold down the back seats. If you go to the Leitner website all physical information is available.

Leitner   DM

Hi Scott, The SuperT weighs roughly ~24kg with a ~3.5kg 10Ah battery. The higher capacity batteries weigh a little bit more.
When folded, the bike fits in a space roughly 91x44x70cm in size.
Hope that helps!
Regards, Leitner Team.

Craig

I have an older SuperT with the LED display and a newer SuperT with the LCD display with speedo and odometer. Can the older SuperT be updated with the newer display or does the whole controller under the battery need to be changed too?

Rick

Hi Craig, I’m new to Leitner E Bikes and all I know is that the Leitner brand is great quality. I suggest that you call Ed at Leitner on 1300 856 725 and from my experience I’m pretty sure Ed will be only too happy to advise you. Cheers, Rick.

Craig

With a little more research it appears the 790 LED display is an analog output and the 529 LCD display is digital so not intercompatable. I'll look at the controllers on both bikes and see what price a matching pair of display and controller costs. Not sure if there are significant differences in the hub motors either at this stage. The older SuperT has a natural silver hub finish and the newer one has a black finish which may only be cosmetic or could indicate other differences that may complicate an upgrade.

Andrew M

Can I actually see or test ride one before purchase? I am wary of spending hard earned dollars on line.

No is the short answer.
I am happy with mine.
Only negative is that I have to replace brake pads regularly but I live in a hilly area.

Mike
Mike

Hi Andrew, you are welcome to visit Ballan as many people have done to test ride my Super-T. I normally allow a test ride in the safe, off-road environment of Ballan station car park which is a huge off road space. Please advise via the website if you'd like to do this.
Leitners website also has the contacts for other ambassadors who volunteer their time for Leitner.:

Andrew M

Mike, thanks for that info, I don't plan on being in that neck of the woods for a while but will check out if there is someone closer to me in northern Vic.

DIANNE HOLLISTER

how does the ride compare to a standard 26 inch bike. deciding between this and a non folding bike. would appreciate any opinions

Rod G.

The bike is very comfortable. Folds up really easy and fits into my ASX easily.
Major difference between a "normal" bike and the foldable bike is it's sharp turns apart from that same as any bike.
If find that I go thru brake pads reasonably quickly but I would think that would be the same with a normal size bike purely because they are heavier.

Janelle
Janelle

I Love my folding bike... but I think a standard bike would be my preference, because the smaller wheels means that the pedals are lower and I have caught them when turning suddenly. the function to fold is very helpful, however i have only needed to use this function the once. You won't be disappointed, but if you do not need to fold then my advice would be to buy the normal.

DIANNE HOLLISTER

Thanks for your answer, much appreciated.

Gil

What is the distance from the top of the pedal at its lowest point to the top of the seat ?

Dave52
Dave52

It varies from 60-70cm depending on the seat height

I would NOT recommend this bike.
It’s is terrible quality, after sales care is nonexistent, and replacements are exorbitantly expensive. $400 for a new battery, $300 fir a new wheel.

Thanks Dave

Leitner   DM

Hi Gil, Thanks for your interest in our bikes.

If you had any further questions or would like to speak with any of our staff, you are more than welcome to contact us at sales@leitner.com.au.

We pride ourselves on having great after-sales support, where you can reach out to us for any questions or concerns with your Leitner and we are more than happy to help wherever possible.

As for the parts themselves, we provide a 1-year warranty on the electrical components for our bikes. If you were to need spares or replacements down the track, we stock a majority of the parts right here in Melbourne at a competitive price.

I hope this helps and we wish you all the best!

-Leitner team

Stephen P
Stephen P

I have a Super T that was purchased in November 2020.When riding there is a high pitched clicking sound coming from the back wheel.I have adjusted the De Railer but the noise is still there.I think it is the spokes so I have inspected them and none are loose.Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so what is the remedy.

Leitner   DM

Dear Stephen, Thanks for your message.
We suspect it can be loose spokes if it is a clicking noise or loose motor cover screw. We suggest to contact our team at 1300 856 725 or via email at sales@leitner.com.au so we can asisst you further. Thank you!

Jan L.
Jan L.

I bought a repco bike pump for my Super T but it doesn’t connect properly. What pump would you recommend?

Leitner   DM

Hi Jan, Thanks for your message.
You will need a Schrader valves pump. If you have any other questions, please contact our team at 1300 856 725 or via email at sales@leitner.com.au for a prompt response. Thank you!
Regards,m

Tony

when a super t is folded can it be walked or wheeled instead of having to lift/carry? this question was asked before but no answer yet

Leitner   DM

Hi Tony, Thanks for your message.
You can wheel the Super T when folded, however please note that it is not in a lock position. We are sorry for the late reply. If you have any other questions, we suggest to contact our team on 1300 856 725 or via email at sales@leitner.com.au for a prompt response. Thank you!

Lex R
Lex R

is the higher capacity battery an option when placing the order or do you have to buy it as a additional battery?

Gerry
Gerry

As I recall, it was an option when I placed the order and was around $300 more than the 10ah battery. The bigger battery is needed if you live in a hilly area as hills chew through the juice.

Wayne M.

Contrary to Gerry's answer I wasn't aware of a more powerful battery from Leitner. I don't think that they do. Had it been available then I would have ordered it with my Super 'T'. Leitner staff advised me that their battery is 300 watts, but it has a higher power when you need them for going up hills. "RAD" batteries as an example, are what you get...nothing in reserve.

I live on a golf course with hills. I ride my bike on the paths up and down 18 holes without problems. I weigh 200 pounds, and I don't peddle hard, but the bike is in second gear and full throttle.

I believe that I have all the power that's needed for this riding, and while I haven't ridden it 25 miles that's not what it's for. I use mine for camping and riding in the back-country on dirt trails.

I am happy with my purchase and I recommend it to you too!

Wayne. Oregon-USA

Mike V.
Mike V.

Hi, I bought my Super T around three years ago with the longer range battery as an option. I don't have the standard range battery. On medium assist it's still good for over 35 miles.

Peter C

Hello and thanks for the listing. I have been researching E BIKES for 6 months now and find the whole exercise very confusing especially when watching U TUBE as it seem most people are just price takers. I originally come from Australia but now living in TEXAS US. Question How well are the bikes packed and what happens if it is damaged in transport? Does the bike come with fat tires? How does one access warranty work if so required? I will only be using this for around town on good surfaces and not in the BUSH Any further information you can supply would be greatly appreciated. All the reviews sound Wonderfull so hopefully this is the answer Many Thanks Peter CRAIG Midlothian TX 76065

Wayne M.

Peter, I'm happy to help, and I'm especially happy with my Leitner Super "T" too!

First Peter, I understand your frustrations with shopping for ebikes. I did extensive studies before I bought the Leitner, so let me answer your concerns, and add some thoughts too.

Immediately after you buy it you'll get an email describing what you should do if the package is damaged or the bike is. They want to know immediately. Secondly, the Leitner comes from Seattle. Much quicker than other ebikes from China.... Mine arrived in Oregon in 2 day's, but it's closer than Texas!

First about power. Leither offers a 350 watt battery. Watts doesn't equal power (for going up hills). Rather, watts equals distance you can travel before the battery dies. If you are riding across Texas then the more watts you can afford the better you'll be. Amps equals power, (battery watts times amps = torque (these calculations are on line) and my 20 inch foldable Leitner has enough "torque" to power me up a 5% grade in second gear and not peddling hard! I was impressed because I will be using my bike on dirt trails in the Oregon (out-back) deserts.

Now, other popular ebikes say that they have 750 watts, but upon further study you'll learn that those 750 watts is "Max" watts that you are paying about $500 more for than the Leitner. The Leitner has 350 watts, but they will tell you straight - up that theirs "maxes out at 650 watts"! Send Jennifer an email and ask her about it. I paid $999.00 as opposed to the RAD at $1599.00 for about the same power and duel suspension too!

Because I will be riding in dirt 4 inch "fattie" tires are not my choice. Leitner has 2 1/2 inch tires. I installed thorn-proof tubes that you may want to consider cuz ya never know.... The 4 inch tires offered on the RAD, 20 inch folding bike steals power due to their width. Thus, you have to peddle harder on pavement! The 2 1/2 inch tires are great for street...but don't forget that the Leitner comes with full suspension whereas the RAD don't! I weigh 200 LBS, and the suspension doesn't bottom out on me! Impressive? Yep!

The packaging. Leitner has everything secured and nothing was broken, scratched or damaged! However, I did break a lever. Totally my fault. I called Leitner, and spoke to "Jennifer". If you talk to her tell her I said "HI"! She immediately sent me the replacement part - that I paid for - and got in 2 day's! Additionally, they followed up with an email about the bikes lighting process that was incorrectly printed in the manual. I'm sure that the Leitner's 12 month warrantee will be great based upon my contact with Jennifer for that part. The RAD has a 90 day warrantee! I wonder why?

I'm hopeful that this answers your questions. I know I was long-winded, but it's important that I pass on information that helped me decide on the Leitner Super T. I got the red one, and it's cool!

In closing I give the Leitner staff and product 6 stars! Five for the product, and add another star for the helpful staff (who speak your language, Peter....)! I'm pleased with both. You will be too.

Have fun with your Leitner!

Wayne
Oregon

Peter C

Thank you Wayne it is nice to have input by someone who has had experience other than those involved in merely selling the item. One thing that really impressed me was the color which will be my request. All my cars are red and red has always been my first choice. I really appreciated you taking the time to respond to someone you do not know so hopefully my experience will be as positive as yours. You mention 2 and half inches do you have to specifically order that size. Many Thanks again and God Bless Peter CRAIG MIDLOTHIAN TEXAS

kristoferthompson

Mine was an absolute failure

catherine
catherine

i would like some infos about the battery
how long does it last? how many charge? can i charge it at home?
thanks
Catherine

Barry
Barry

The question about how long it lasts is best asked with Leitner. I think buy the 16 ah. battery for longer life. Rey easy to charge at home. Very pleased with mine which I use 4 to 5 times a week.

kristoferthompson

About 2 years if you use it every day.

Alan L.
Alan L.

Do the Libelle & SuperT share the same features apart from the step thru / leg over frame?

Robert D.
Robert D.

The Libelle does not have a rear shock.

Leitner   DM

Thanks for your message. The Libelle is a step thru model with front fork suspension. The Super T is a straight bar model with dual suspension. If you have more questions about our bike, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 856 725 or send us an email at sales@leitner.com.au . We can find the bike that suits you best. Thank you!

billandkaz
billandkaz

When it's folded up, can I walk with it along side of me? I live in Brisbane cbd and need to take it in the lift to my apartment.

Tony

that's what i want to know

Bren
Bren

I’m looking at purchasing a Super T dual suspension E bike for myself and would like to hear from any females who may have one to check suitability for female riders.

Thanks, Bren

SixP
SixP

We both like and happy with purchase
Son and mother

geraldine o.
geraldine o.

Hi I have had a super t for a year and love love it. The bar is a little high to get my leg over but fitness will improve this. You will not be disappointed. Only point is the bar height to get leg over . Geraldine

Talbot Hill
Talbot Hill

Do you have after pay or similar payment options ? And can you deliver to Mount Gambier SA

Leitner   DM

Hi, thanks for your message. You can choose to go through ZipMoney where you can apply to pay via installments that suits you. You can find more information on our website at external link  . We do ship our products Australia wide. If you would like a quote for shipping, you can simply add your bike to cart and enter your postcode and suburb on our website. Otherwise, you can give us a call at 1300 856 725 to discuss further or email us at sales@leitner.com.au . Hope this helps. Thank you! Regards, Kitty , Leitner team

Greg B
Greg B

Seat height for the bike?

Leitner   DM

Hi Greg, Thanks for your message. The seat height for a Super T folding bike (measured from the ground to the seat) is around 80cm-91cm. I hope this helps. If you have more questions, please feel free to contact us on 1300 856 725. Thank you!

robert
robert

No prices on super t model. Any suggestions where to find them?

Leitner   DM

Hi, Thanks for your message. To find out more about our products, please visit our website at external link  Thank you!

haley
haley

Is the length & weight the super t the same as the Tirol. what is the weight pls?

Leitner   DM

Hi Haley, thank you for your message. The SuperT and Tirol are very similar in length and both weight approximately 21kg without battery and 24kg including the standard battery. I hope this helps.

Get an answer from our members and Leitner representatives