Leitner Super T

Leitner Super T Questions & Answers

19 questions from our users

Gilasked

What is the distance from the top of the pedal at its lowest point to the top of the seat ?

Dave52
Dave52

It varies from 60-70cm depending on the seat height

I would NOT recommend this bike.
It’s is terrible quality, after sales care is nonexistent, and replacements are exorbitantly expensive. $400 for a new battery, $300 fir a new wheel.

Thanks Dave

Hi Gil,

Thanks for your interest in our bikes.

If you had any further questions or would like to speak with any of our staff, you are more than welcome to contact us at sales@leitner.com.au.

We pride ourselves on having great after-sales support, where you can reach out to us for any questions or concerns with your Leitner and we are more than happy to help wherever possible.

As for the parts themselves, we provide a 1-year warranty on the electrical components for our bikes. If you were to need spares or replacements down the track, we stock a majority of the parts right here in Melbourne at a competitive price.

I hope this helps and we wish you all the best!

-Leitner team

Stephen P
Stephen Pasked

I have a Super T that was purchased in November 2020.When riding there is a high pitched clicking sound coming from the back wheel.I have adjusted the De Railer but the noise is still there.I think it is the spokes so I have inspected them and none are loose.Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so what is the remedy.

Dear Stephen,
Thanks for your message.
We suspect it can be loose spokes if it is a clicking noise or loose motor cover screw. We suggest to contact our team at 1300 856 725 or via email at sales@leitner.com.au so we can asisst you further. Thank you!
Regards,

Jan L.
Jan L.asked

I bought a repco bike pump for my Super T but it doesn’t connect properly. What pump would you recommend?

Hi Jan,
Thanks for your message.
You will need a Schrader valves pump. If you have any other questions, please contact our team at 1300 856 725 or via email at sales@leitner.com.au for a prompt response. Thank you!
Regards,m

Tonyasked

when a super t is folded can it be walked or wheeled instead of having to lift/carry? this question was asked before but no answer yet

Hi Tony,
Thanks for your message.
You can wheel the Super T when folded, however please note that it is not in a lock position. We are sorry for the late reply. If you have any other questions, we suggest to contact our team on 1300 856 725 or via email at sales@leitner.com.au for a prompt response. Thank you!
Regards,

Lex R
Lex Rasked

is the higher capacity battery an option when placing the order or do you have to buy it as a additional battery?

Gerry
Gerry

As I recall, it was an option when I placed the order and was around $300 more than the 10ah battery. The bigger battery is needed if you live in a hilly area as hills chew through the juice.

Wayne M.

Contrary to Gerry's answer I wasn't aware of a more powerful battery from Leitner. I don't think that they do. Had it been available then I would have ordered it with my Super 'T'. Leitner staff advised me that their battery is 300 watts, but it has a higher power when you need them for going up hills. "RAD" batteries as an example, are what you get...nothing in reserve.

I live on a golf course with hills. I ride my bike on the paths up and down 18 holes without problems. I weigh 200 pounds, and I don't peddle hard, but the bike is in second gear and full throttle.

I believe that I have all the power that's needed for this riding, and while I haven't ridden it 25 miles that's not what it's for. I use mine for camping and riding in the back-country on dirt trails.

I am happy with my purchase and I recommend it to you too!

Wayne. Oregon-USA

Mike V.
Mike V.

Hi, I bought my Super T around three years ago with the longer range battery as an option. I don't have the standard range battery. On medium assist it's still good for over 35 miles.

Peter Casked

Hello and thanks for the listing. I have been researching E BIKES for 6 months now and find the whole exercise very confusing especially when watching U TUBE as it seem most people are just price takers. I originally come from Australia but now living in TEXAS US. Question How well are the bikes packed and what happens if it is damaged in transport? Does the bike come with fat tires? How does one access warranty work if so required? I will only be using this for around town on good surfaces and not in the BUSH Any further information you can supply would be greatly appreciated. All the reviews sound Wonderfull so hopefully this is the answer Many Thanks Peter CRAIG Midlothian TX 76065

Wayne M.

Peter, I'm happy to help, and I'm especially happy with my Leitner Super "T" too!

First Peter, I understand your frustrations with shopping for ebikes. I did extensive studies before I bought the Leitner, so let me answer your concerns, and add some thoughts too.

Immediately after you buy it you'll get an email describing what you should do if the package is damaged or the bike is. They want to know immediately. Secondly, the Leitner comes from Seattle. Much quicker than other ebikes from China.... Mine arrived in Oregon in 2 day's, but it's closer than Texas!

First about power. Leither offers a 350 watt battery. Watts doesn't equal power (for going up hills). Rather, watts equals distance you can travel before the battery dies. If you are riding across Texas then the more watts you can afford the better you'll be. Amps equals power, (battery watts times amps = torque (these calculations are on line) and my 20 inch foldable Leitner has enough "torque" to power me up a 5% grade in second gear and not peddling hard! I was impressed because I will be using my bike on dirt trails in the Oregon (out-back) deserts.

Now, other popular ebikes say that they have 750 watts, but upon further study you'll learn that those 750 watts is "Max" watts that you are paying about $500 more for than the Leitner. The Leitner has 350 watts, but they will tell you straight - up that theirs "maxes out at 650 watts"! Send Jennifer an email and ask her about it. I paid $999.00 as opposed to the RAD at $1599.00 for about the same power and duel suspension too!

Because I will be riding in dirt 4 inch "fattie" tires are not my choice. Leitner has 2 1/2 inch tires. I installed thorn-proof tubes that you may want to consider cuz ya never know.... The 4 inch tires offered on the RAD, 20 inch folding bike steals power due to their width. Thus, you have to peddle harder on pavement! The 2 1/2 inch tires are great for street...but don't forget that the Leitner comes with full suspension whereas the RAD don't! I weigh 200 LBS, and the suspension doesn't bottom out on me! Impressive? Yep!

The packaging. Leitner has everything secured and nothing was broken, scratched or damaged! However, I did break a lever. Totally my fault. I called Leitner, and spoke to "Jennifer". If you talk to her tell her I said "HI"! She immediately sent me the replacement part - that I paid for - and got in 2 day's! Additionally, they followed up with an email about the bikes lighting process that was incorrectly printed in the manual. I'm sure that the Leitner's 12 month warrantee will be great based upon my contact with Jennifer for that part. The RAD has a 90 day warrantee! I wonder why?

I'm hopeful that this answers your questions. I know I was long-winded, but it's important that I pass on information that helped me decide on the Leitner Super T. I got the red one, and it's cool!

In closing I give the Leitner staff and product 6 stars! Five for the product, and add another star for the helpful staff (who speak your language, Peter....)! I'm pleased with both. You will be too.

Have fun with your Leitner!

Wayne
Oregon

Peter C

Thank you Wayne it is nice to have input by someone who has had experience other than those involved in merely selling the item. One thing that really impressed me was the color which will be my request. All my cars are red and red has always been my first choice. I really appreciated you taking the time to respond to someone you do not know so hopefully my experience will be as positive as yours. You mention 2 and half inches do you have to specifically order that size. Many Thanks again and God Bless Peter CRAIG MIDLOTHIAN TEXAS

kristoferthompson

Mine was an absolute failure

catherine
catherineasked

i would like some infos about the battery
how long does it last? how many charge? can i charge it at home?
thanks
Catherine

Barry
Barry

The question about how long it lasts is best asked with Leitner. I think buy the 16 ah. battery for longer life. Rey easy to charge at home. Very pleased with mine which I use 4 to 5 times a week.

kristoferthompson

About 2 years if you use it every day.

Alan L.
Alan L.asked

Do the Libelle & SuperT share the same features apart from the step thru / leg over frame?

Robert D.
Robert D.

The Libelle does not have a rear shock.

Leitner E.Leitner

Thanks for your message. The Libelle is a step thru model with front fork suspension. The Super T is a straight bar model with dual suspension. If you have more questions about our bike, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 856 725 or send us an email at sales@leitner.com.au . We can find the bike that suits you best. Thank you!

billandkaz
billandkazasked

When it's folded up, can I walk with it along side of me? I live in Brisbane cbd and need to take it in the lift to my apartment.

Tony

that's what i want to know

Bren
Brenasked

I’m looking at purchasing a Super T dual suspension E bike for myself and would like to hear from any females who may have one to check suitability for female riders.

Thanks, Bren

SixP
SixP

We both like and happy with purchase
Son and mother

geraldine o.
geraldine o.

Hi I have had a super t for a year and love love it. The bar is a little high to get my leg over but fitness will improve this. You will not be disappointed. Only point is the bar height to get leg over . Geraldine

Talbot Hill
Talbot Hillasked

Do you have after pay or similar payment options ? And can you deliver to Mount Gambier SA

Leitner E.Leitner

Hi, thanks for your message. You can choose to go through ZipMoney where you can apply to pay via installments that suits you. You can find more information on our website at https://www.leitner.com.au/zipmoney/ . We do ship our products Australia wide. If you would like a quote for shipping, you can simply add your bike to cart and enter your postcode and suburb on our website. Otherwise, you can give us a call at 1300 856 725 to discuss further or email us at sales@leitner.com.au . Hope this helps. Thank you! Regards, Kitty , Leitner team

Greg B
Greg Basked

Seat height for the bike?

Leitner E.Leitner

Hi Greg, Thanks for your message. The seat height for a Super T folding bike (measured from the ground to the seat) is around 80cm-91cm. I hope this helps. If you have more questions, please feel free to contact us on 1300 856 725. Thank you!

robert
robertasked

No prices on super t model. Any suggestions where to find them?

Leitner E.Leitner

Hi, Thanks for your message. To find out more about our products, please visit our website at https://www.leitner.com.au/electric-folding-bike-dual-suspension-supert-leitner-html.html

Thank you!

haley
haleyasked

Is the length & weight the super t the same as the Tirol. what is the weight pls?

Hi Haley,
thank you for your message. The SuperT and Tirol are very similar in length and both weight approximately 21kg without battery and 24kg including the standard battery. I hope this helps.

Riaasked

what is the weight capacity for a ebike
most bikes can only take 100kgs
so waht can a Leitner take .......

Twobob13
Twobob13

Check their website, or call them, Melbourne Australia, very helpful From memory around 115 Kg. Very sturdy well bulit bike, love it.

Garry
Garry

I am pretty sure they hold 120 kg. As twobob13 said check the web site for confirmation. I now have 2 folding bikes and my wife & I love them. Easy to use.

Ria

Thank you for your answers but i have checked the website over and over again.
Other sites for push bikes or ebikes do give a weight capacity.

Anthony
Anthonyasked

Hi all,
Will this bike be okay to have a kids bike trailer fitted to it? I have a 1 and a 4 year old and need to take the 4 year old to preschool.
Thanks,
Anthony

chrisos

Morning Anthony......Trick question...I have no idea mate..The best people to ask are the people at Leitner themselves, as i think they have all the answers
They are very friendly and quick to help ...
Sorry can't help you mate but all the best

Michael

There are a few places on the bike that are made for extra's for example there are forward facing projections on each front fork to attach or screw in something but at the moment they are covered by black caps. The back of the bike has a lot more points to connect to. Not sure if I can send you a picture.

Toprider
Topriderasked

Is Super T good for both male and female riders as want to share with my wife who’s 155cm height while I am 180cm tall?

chrisos

Good morning Toprider.....I am 170cm tall so I guess i'm in-between you both..The seat is easily adjustable to accommodate both sizes
Have fun with your new bike I love it and thanks for the quest. as i'm going away and need to charge the battery on my bike

Dutchy
Dutchy

Hi top rider. I'm sure it will be fine for both of you. To be extra sure, I would give the friendly experts at Leitner a call. Happy new year!

Michael

Both my wife and are shorties and the bikes are very comfortable. But my son-in-law is tall, so we put the sit up high (very easy to do) for him and off he went. No problems.

Susan38asked

Hello
I have just purchased the Super T and love it already after 1 test run - I want to ride it to work and leave it in the car park. Can anyone recommend the best D lock for the Super T and where should I put it on the bike?
Susan

vik
vik

I would lock the front wheel to the bike frame and a building , as in post or bike rack if there is one,and take the battery with you, top it up while at work...

Susan38

Thanks for the information - I was wondering if I should remove the battery or not. The park does have bike racks so shall follow your suggestion also about the front wheel and frame.

Fred
Fredasked

Hello Happy Owners,

I am considering buying a SuperT folding bike.

Has anybody tested the maximum gradient that one is able to climb with theses bike?
It's important for me as I need to climb a nasty slope to go home.
I have another electric bike (normal size wheels) and she get me only half way Max power setting, lowest gear and hard pedaling! walking it back on that slope is a real Hassle!
Thanks to all
Fred

tom.redcama
tom.redcama

We fly around the hills in Albany and do not use pedal assist maximums very much at all. . Paddock work, checking fence line I used throttle and some pedal which requires heaps of power. Had to adjust controller to be able to do this. The only time it looked like stopping was in 4 inch deep soft sand, a short crossing, and managed to get thru. I checked the motor for heating after a particularly challenging ride and it was fine. I haven't met an incline the bike couldn't climb. Yet. I would think using pedal assist maximum setting, low gear and pedal power you could go anywhere with the Super T. There is a lot of power in the motor.

Ckerr
Ckerr

I haven't had an incline the bike didn't handle. If you don't/can't pedal during the incline it may be a slow ascent but the bike will handle it. Gear down to 1st gear on hills and pedal lightly without breaking out a hernia or a sweat --- you'll definitely get up that hill.

Brian
Brian

The nastiest hill in Collie is locally known as Churchy Hill, there is a church on the top.
Now this hill I COULD NOT hope to ride a bike a quarter way up it without having to stop before I colapsed in a heap.
But, with the motor on max setting and low to seceond low gear, it is a doddle. Up and over with barely a raised breath.

Get an answer from our members and Leitner representatives

Other Electric Bikes