Medical Vita Diet Shakes

Medical Vita Diet Shakes Questions & Answers

Banana Smoothie, Swiss Chocolate, Strawberry, etc...
Brand Manager for Medical Vita Diet? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

42 questions from our users

chez
chezasked

Can I drink 3 shakes a day and lose weight quickly

True Blue

I’m not an expert but, I would think you would need to eat 1 meal a day for other nutrients - in saying that, I’ve had friends replace the 3rd meal 1-2 days a week for a low calorie day.

Tiani K.

The diet specifically recommends having one meal of meat and veg to fill gaps in the diets nutrients etc

Tracey H.
Tracey H.asked
Shakes

Can I eat cheese on the vita diet? I put a small amount of edam cheese in my salads.

Tiani K.

The Vita diet recommends just having two shakes per day with unlimited veggies (no carrot corn potato pumpkin) starchy vegetables. The book I have mentions that you can have low fat cheese. The diet specifically recommends cottage cheese. I've just started trying out the Vita diet and this info was in the booklet and on the website. Hope this helps

kysa
kysaasked
Shakes

I'm finding it strange that only selective questions are been answered?
Like the questions from Gayle V.
Kind off puts me off trying this product

True Blue

I doubt Vita Diet even know of this platform, the questions come through via email to those who’ve left a review.
Personally, I love the shakes and haven’t met anyone yet who has not enjoyed them - low calorie meal replacement that tastes great. I can’t answer all questions as I have no medical background nor am I a dietician, but can give my opinion.

RazzleMcDazzle
RazzleMcDazzleasked
Shakes

Just received the vita diet shakes today. Reading through the booklet it days not to cook with olive oil... What other oil can I use instead?

Frankie.H

Just use a non stick teflon fry pan :) Olive oil can be drizzled after you cook.

Cassandraasked
Shakes

How many shakes were you ment to have during rhe day i started them yesterday but only being having one a day

True Blue

I started with 2 for the first month and then got to my goal - I now have the 1 for maintenance & the fact I love them so much

Ok thanks ill have 2 a day

Tiani K.

The diet recommends replacing two meals per day with shakes and having one meal of meat and veg. It also recommends drinking a glass of water each time you have a shake, including a multi vitamin. I have a coffee shake for breakfast and a berrocca. I also have a shake for lunch followed by meat and veg for dinner.
No sugar, no carbs for optimal fat burning etc.

Grace S.
Grace S.asked

Are they lactose free

True Blue

They do contain milk powder.

Frankie.H

The soups are lactose free and bars are low lactose

Tiani K.

The shakes contain lactose. I'm sensitive to lactose and am ok on the shakes myself.

Yvonne
Yvonneasked

Can type 2 diabetes use those. Thanks

Frankie.H

Yes you can. Check the Facebook page posts. Type 2 diabetics get good results.

Tiani K.

The Vita Diet booklet states that "Patients with diabetes MUST be under the direct supervision of their physician. A growing number of medical experts, familiar with the medical Vita diet, feel that this is the best method for treatment of obese nature onset diabetes. There are many case histories in which all clinical evidence of diabetes disappears as the patient approaches his/her ideal weight."

Makere G.
Makere G.asked
Shakes

How long can I be on VitaDiet at one time... Some people are saying I should only do it for two weeks but I'm feeling great and want to continue for at least another week... Is that ok to do?

Marilynne D

You can stay on the Vita Diet program until you reach your goal weight and then afterwards you can have one shake a day to maintain your weight. The shakes are nutritious and have minimum aditieves and can be enjoyed even when not on a weight loss mission.

Tiani K.

The Vita det book implies it is safe to continue the diet and states that "Hundreds of medical papers have been published attesting to the safesty of this type of diet. The American Dietic Association issued the folllowing position statement on Very Low Calorie Diets: VLCD'S are safe when administered appropriately/ Numerous studies have been conducted to evaluate safety and under clinical and outpatient condiitons the diets have not been found to have serious adverse effects." - Jrnl Amer,Diet assoc May 1990 vol 90 no 5 p723

However the book also states "However, before beginning this or any other method of weight reduction program it is very important that you consult your doctor and also that you have your progress monitored on a reglar basis. If you are pregnant or lactactating be sure to consult your doctor. For people with metabolic problems, certain diets may pose particular risks and complications. If you have a history of gout. uremia, kidney, liver or heart disease consult your doctor FIRST.

Pat
Patasked
Shakes

Can I eat sweet potato on this diet I want t makes a sweet potato and zucchini slice to have this evening g with some chicken

Marilynne D

Sweet potato is not on the list as it is high in carbohydrates.You can use onions, grated cheese carrot and ham as well as eggs as alternates.

Tiani K.

Sweet potato, pumpkin and carrots are not recommended to be taken on this diet. You can have carrot up to twice a week the booklet says.

Val H
Val Hasked
Shakes

I have been taking 2 shakes per day, meal as recommended in the evening, drinking 2 L water and walking 8,000 to 10,000 steps per day. Losing weight but constipation is a real problem. 3 laxative tabs per day do nothing and eating a 10 prunes works but too many carbs and then nothing until the next purge!! This is not good. Is it the type of fibre in the shakes causing this??

Tiani K.

Could you be lactose intolerant? Also I recommend Iberogast in Australia it is used to calm the bowels and cramps I used Iberogast in the past when I had IBS. If you live in a different country be wary that an item by the same name may not necessarily be the same product. Definitely consult your doctor prior to trying any new medications. The diet is a Protein Sparing MODIFIED FAST (PSMF) and this can sometimes cause diarrhoea. I found this website which explains ways to help prevent diarrhoea on this kind of diet

In brief the article says:
Top 6 ways to help with Diarrhea on A Psmf diet
When on a PMF diet, you are expose your bowels to large concentrations of proteins. While the protein provides your body with the building blocks for health, it is an issue for the digestive system. Many people may suffer from diaarhea in the early stages of this type of diet and may need help managing this.

Drinks lots of water.
Increase fibre intake.
Eliminate FODMAPS
Reduce protein bar intake
Elimate sugar alcohols
Decrease or eliminate dairy products.
Hope this helps. Please note consult your GP if you have further questions I am not a doctor and am just a person on the vita diet like you.

Dawn H.
Dawn H.asked
Shakes

I been on vita diet for 2 wees and only lost a kg, my sticks shows im in ketosi, drink lots of water do at least 10000 steps daily, what am i doing wrong? 2 shakes a day plus lots of salads and the allowed meat but sometimes extra edam cheese for a snack.

Tiani K.

If you have underlying issues the diet may not suitable as not all diets will work for you. I'd recommend skipping the cheese, jut having the 2 shakes per day plus veg and meat for dinner. The diet recommends not eating some veggies due to the carbohydrate content, so make sure you are avoiding the ones that are not recommended potatoes, pumpkin etc. This should be stated on the website. I'm just a person on the diet myself and I'm not losing much weight either but I have a lot of underlying condiitons that prevent me from losing weight easily.

Sue
Sueasked
Shakes

I am fructose and wheat intolerant is vita diet safe for me

Colleen O
Colleen Oasked
Shakes

Do you sell med vita diet in Switzerland? Going over for 1 month and need the use of suitcase.

Hi Colleen,
You can order Medical Vita Diet internationally on line through the website www.vitadiet.com.au. You can also take a carton of Vita Diet through international customs without problems. Check out the VitaDiet1 facebook page.

Kim K.
Kim K.asked
Shakes

is this safe for diabetics as the lactose and sugar are very high

Marilynne D

The Vita Diet is recommended for type 2 non insulin dependant diabetics, The lactose which is found naturally in milk is a low GI carbohydrate.Check the VitaDiet1 Facebook for some great results for diabetics.

Tan
Tanasked
Shakes

Hi, am starting back on Vita diet, had previously lost 50 kilos on this program, 2 years later gave put on 15 kilos, am now sitting on 85 kg, this is my question, could I loose at least 8_10 kilos in 8 weeks on this program the second time around? I am having a shake for breakfast, 2 snack bars at lunchtime and sometimes 2 bars for dinner. I also have a slice of cheese through the day, is this ok.

Hi Tan,
Most people on the Vita Diet
lose about 3kgs in their first week and then about a kg a week after that. Have you got the Dr's Guide or the usage guide? We suggest you have at least one main meal with proteins and fresh vegetables in addition to the shakes or bars.

Shakes

Sorry to say I will not take any more as been on vita shakes now for 6 wks lost 1 kilo eat your bars eat plenty of good food as I do not like junk food so why havnt I lost more weight. I walk 30 mins a day, go to a real strenuous work out twice a week.

Shakes

I have been on vita diet now for a month and I am not happy as only lost a kilo I am feeling hungry all the time and I do not eat junk food. So I think it is a money making scheme.

Shakes

I would like to know if this a scam as vita diet is not working for me as I am prediabetic and I eat heaps of salads and no rubbish and yet I put on weight.

Shakes

I am prediabetic and I have tried optifast but too much sugar so I am trying vita diet have put on weight. I do not eat rubbish food I eat heaps of salads.

Gaynor M
Gaynor Masked

Hi can I have 2 shakes a day and a snack bar as a snack? Or is that not allowed

Marilynne D

Yes Gaynor you can have the snack bar as a snack. Or alternatively you could have an egg for breakfast a snack bar for mid morning , a shake or soup for lunch and a snack bar mid afternoon as two snack bars make up a meal replacement. Your main meal will include meat, fish, chicken and vegetables from the suggested list.

Medical Vita Diet Shakes