6Medical Vita Diet Shakes

Medical Vita Diet Shakes Questions & Answers

Jayne K.
Jayne K. · Shakes

I lost 3 kilos in my first week, but suddenly I appear to not be in ketosis. I am still doing the same things, but the keto sticks say I am not in ketosis. I bought new ones, but still the same. I am exercising more, my skin looks great, and I have more energy. But I want the weight loss to keep continuing. I had one coffee yesterday when I met up with friends. Is it possible this is the cause ?

Medical Vita Diet   DM

Losing weight and feeling more energetic are the most important benefits of the Vita Diet. Thé ketone sticks are used largely to protect you against large ketosis which could be harmful

deadlyduckee · Shakes

Why did you change the ingredients.... 26 carbs in one shake is far too high for a keto diet, I was on the shake about 2 years ago and lost 12kgs in 3 months, this time around I'm not losing weight so I looked into the ingredients and saw the carb count definitely going to be looking into another option

Medical Vita Diet   DM

The Vita Diet shakes contain no sugar free or artificial sweeteners described by the WHO as being harmful. The carbs listed are mainly lactose, the low GI sugar found naturally in milk, and only a teaspoon of real sugar. People on the Vita diet achieve moderate ketosis which is within safe levels.The formulas have not changed but for weight loss to be successful you must stick to the allowed foods.

deadlyduckee

The formula has changed, I still have the old packs and the new one's, and no it's impossible to get into ketosis when you have 2 shakes a day 52 carbs, I'm changing to Atkins at lest there shakes only have 1g of carbs and no sugar

Medical Vita Diet   DM

Good luck with your weight loss journey. The Vita Diet products will never include artificial sweeteners, for health reasons.

julie e.
julie e. · Shakes

This is the second.time I've used.vita diet. Lost 13kg but got a bit slack and have put some back on. I find i tolerate it better if I have meat/veg for lunch and then my second shake for dinner. Will this make much difference?

Medical Vita Diet   DM

That is fine - the Vita Diet programme is flexible for individuals.:):)

Wendy · Shakes

What can you eat in between the breakfast shake and lunch soup.

Medical Vita Diet   DM

If you have the Dr’s Guide to the Medical Vita Diet or the usage guide, you will find a list of all the unlimited veges you can eat in addition to the shakes and soups. We suggest you join the vita Diet support group for ideas.:)

Keri L. · Shakes

Love the shakes are we allowed to have almond meal/flour?

Medical Vita Diet   DM

Hi Keri , So pleased you love the shakes!! Do you have a usage guide or the Dr’s Guide?? These list the allowed foods on the diet. For best weight loss results all flours are to be avoided :)

Keri L.

I have the doctors guide. And it says squash ?? Can u elaborate a little here in nz we have butternut squash and buttercup squash ?

Medical Vita Diet   DM

Good question because there are so many types of squash it gets confusing!! Butternut is fairly high in carbs 12 gm per 100, whereas button squash and courgette or zucchini squash - sometimes referred to as marrow squash is only 3 gms and so more suitable for weight loss. Oh there’s also the green skinned gem squash that’s fine too.Keri are you a member of the Support Group! It’s worth joining:)) Members would appreciate your questions :))

Keri L.

I don't think I am ? There was a whatsapp connection and I sent a msg but the lady was ready my msgs but not replying so I deleted .. anyway I am on day 5 did a sneaky weigh in and I am down 2.5kg .. beyond thrilled

Keri L.

By the way I am not on facebook

Medical Vita Diet   DM

That’s a great result - most people on the Vita Diet lose 3 kgs in their first week so you are right on track!

Judith G. · Shakes

That much carb means I am barely in Ketosis. It seems a lot.
I do lose weight but as I’m pew diabetic I’m concerned about the carbs.
Is there any scope for doing 3 a day for a few days.

Medical Vita Diet   DM

You achieve moderate ketosis on the Vita diet. Because it is health orientated there are no artificial sweeteners . The carbs are mainly from the lactose found naturally in milk but there are no other sugars in the eating propram,.!Type 2 diabetics do very well on the Vita Diet when they follow the rules.

Tanya D. · Shakes

Why is there so much salt in your products
It just tastes like the flavour you drink is heavily salted
There is 117 mg of salt in one shake

Medical Vita Diet   DM

Tanya a teaspoon of salt has 2300 mg of sodium so 128 mg of sodium is in fact minimal. Sodium is an essential nutrient.

Sally
Sally · Shakes

Can I drink a cup of miso at night

Medical Vita Diet   DM

This is not on the list of allowed foods.

Sally
Sally · Shakes

Can I drink miso at night

Jessica D.
Jessica D. · Shakes

I've been on this diet a week and have lost no weight at all. Has anyone had the same thing?

I am doing this diet and I feel I’m drinking salt It’s tastes too salty

Judith G.

I actually do the first week. Have to take care with dairy. Good luck

Medical Vita Diet   DM

Tanya as stated previously the shakes contain very little salt.

KazzaL
KazzaL · Shakes

Can the shakes cause excessive gas and loose stools? Will this settle down?

chez · Shakes

Can I drink 3 shakes a day and lose weight quickly

True Blue

I’m not an expert but, I would think you would need to eat 1 meal a day for other nutrients - in saying that, I’ve had friends replace the 3rd meal 1-2 days a week for a low calorie day.

Tiani K.

The diet specifically recommends having one meal of meat and veg to fill gaps in the diets nutrients etc

Thanks for this answer

Tracey H.
Tracey H. · Shakes

Can I eat cheese on the vita diet? I put a small amount of edam cheese in my salads.

Tiani K.

The Vita diet recommends just having two shakes per day with unlimited veggies (no carrot corn potato pumpkin) starchy vegetables. The book I have mentions that you can have low fat cheese. The diet specifically recommends cottage cheese. I've just started trying out the Vita diet and this info was in the booklet and on the website. Hope this helps

kysa
kysa · Shakes

I'm finding it strange that only selective questions are been answered?
Like the questions from Gayle V.
Kind off puts me off trying this product

True Blue

I doubt Vita Diet even know of this platform, the questions come through via email to those who’ve left a review.
Personally, I love the shakes and haven’t met anyone yet who has not enjoyed them - low calorie meal replacement that tastes great. I can’t answer all questions as I have no medical background nor am I a dietician, but can give my opinion.

RazzleMcDazzle
RazzleMcDazzle · Shakes

Just received the vita diet shakes today. Reading through the booklet it days not to cook with olive oil... What other oil can I use instead?

Frankie.H

Just use a non stick teflon fry pan :) Olive oil can be drizzled after you cook.

Cassandra · Shakes

How many shakes were you ment to have during rhe day i started them yesterday but only being having one a day

True Blue

I started with 2 for the first month and then got to my goal - I now have the 1 for maintenance & the fact I love them so much

Ok thanks ill have 2 a day

Tiani K.

The diet recommends replacing two meals per day with shakes and having one meal of meat and veg. It also recommends drinking a glass of water each time you have a shake, including a multi vitamin. I have a coffee shake for breakfast and a berrocca. I also have a shake for lunch followed by meat and veg for dinner.
No sugar, no carbs for optimal fat burning etc.

Grace S.
Grace S. · Shakes

Are they lactose free

True Blue

They do contain milk powder.

Frankie.H

The soups are lactose free and bars are low lactose

Tiani K.

The shakes contain lactose. I'm sensitive to lactose and am ok on the shakes myself.

Yvonne
Yvonne · Shakes

Can type 2 diabetes use those. Thanks

Frankie.H

Yes you can. Check the Facebook page posts. Type 2 diabetics get good results.

Tiani K.

The Vita Diet booklet states that "Patients with diabetes MUST be under the direct supervision of their physician. A growing number of medical experts, familiar with the medical Vita diet, feel that this is the best method for treatment of obese nature onset diabetes. There are many case histories in which all clinical evidence of diabetes disappears as the patient approaches his/her ideal weight."

Makere G.
Makere G. · Shakes

How long can I be on VitaDiet at one time... Some people are saying I should only do it for two weeks but I'm feeling great and want to continue for at least another week... Is that ok to do?

Marilynne D

You can stay on the Vita Diet program until you reach your goal weight and then afterwards you can have one shake a day to maintain your weight. The shakes are nutritious and have minimum aditieves and can be enjoyed even when not on a weight loss mission.

Tiani K.

The Vita det book implies it is safe to continue the diet and states that "Hundreds of medical papers have been published attesting to the safesty of this type of diet. The American Dietic Association issued the folllowing position statement on Very Low Calorie Diets: VLCD'S are safe when administered appropriately/ Numerous studies have been conducted to evaluate safety and under clinical and outpatient condiitons the diets have not been found to have serious adverse effects." - Jrnl Amer,Diet assoc May 1990 vol 90 no 5 p723

However the book also states "However, before beginning this or any other method of weight reduction program it is very important that you consult your doctor and also that you have your progress monitored on a reglar basis. If you are pregnant or lactactating be sure to consult your doctor. For people with metabolic problems, certain diets may pose particular risks and complications. If you have a history of gout. uremia, kidney, liver or heart disease consult your doctor FIRST.

Pat
Pat · Shakes

Can I eat sweet potato on this diet I want t makes a sweet potato and zucchini slice to have this evening g with some chicken

Marilynne D

Sweet potato is not on the list as it is high in carbohydrates.You can use onions, grated cheese carrot and ham as well as eggs as alternates.

Tiani K.

Sweet potato, pumpkin and carrots are not recommended to be taken on this diet. You can have carrot up to twice a week the booklet says.

Judith G.

Oh I missed that about the carrot

Get an answer from our members and Medical Vita Diet representatives

Select a listing for your question
Medical Vita Diet Shakes