Michael Blast Greaser

Neda A.asked

what means error 6 ? Please helpppp

George

Georgeasked

I have the Greaser Springer 500 watt model. I’m getting rattles from the front suspension when I travel over minor bumps. I have tighten (compressed) the springs and this has helped but I’m still getting the rattles.

Any suggestions?

burnarda

burnardaasked

I just got my 500w greaser but when I plug it in to charge it, nothing happens. I checked the connections inside the tank area. All good. It's just not charging. Any ideas?

SpankyHam
SpankyHam

I have the same issue with my Greaser also. Today (Sep18, 2020) I had a Messenger conversation with Michael Blast in WA after the retailer found the battery has had it. I am sending my battery back to WA for replacement. I suggest you send them an email as your bike would still be under warranty.

Michel B.

Michel B.asked

Just put in the new part that the battery docks into connected three connector from bike and there is two more connector from the? docking box that has nothing to connect to. Battery fully charged pressed on button and got error 8 ? What does error 8 mean?

Check the wire that goes to the motor. That is most likely the issue of error 8

Richardasked

What does error 8, mean?

Conrad L.Michael Blast

check the wire near the motor it is most probably not plugged in all the way

kingcobra417

kingcobra417asked

Why does my bike lose power while riding?

Conrad L.Michael Blast

We will need a little more info on the issue, you are more than welcome to email us at info@michaelblast.com.au with more details.

Harry R.

Harry R.asked

Hi I have a 250w Greaser and wanting to know can you get a 500w replacement rear wheel for it and if so what else needs replacing Battery and what else? thanks

Stefan H.asked

What is the tire pressure again, please? Stefan

Stefan H.

The correct tire pressure I mean, sorry.

Conrad L.Michael Blast

We have changed our tyres overtime, please always check the tyre sidewalls for the correct pressure range.

Here is our updated owners manual - https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2368/8105/files/GREASER_MANUAL_FINAL_2-min.pdf?16659158792329353096

Thank you.

Chris Wilkinsasked

Hi I brought a new greaser and the chain link has snapped I have road it about 4 times is this under warranty

Conrad L.Michael Blast

Hi Chris, please send an email to info@michaelblast.com.au with some pictures of the issue and we will have a look into the issue.

Cheers

Chris Wilkins

I’m on site today will get them ASAP thanks for that.

Kat53asked

Having back and knee problems Im desperate to get on a bike but can’t imagine the riding posture comfortable and I really need a bike that can elevate me of having to pedal when I’m uncomfortable. Can you try them out in Melbourne??

Conrad L.Michael Blast

Hi, Melbourne Bicycle Center Prahran might have some stock on the floor.

Thanks for the reply.

Jardog

Jardogasked

Can a new battery be switched in fairly easily? If going on a long ride I would likely have to change battery at least once

Richard

The hardest part is getting the tank cover off , it requires a couple of allen keys. After that its a straight forward click and release set up.

NZ Maverick
NZ Maverick

Hi Jardog, as Richard pointed out fairly straight forward once tank cover removed. L/H tank cover is removal via the chrome hex/allen screws. R/H cover has internal screws, so don't force it off as a local E-bike shop did to mine and broke the threaded pedestal. Haven't had to remove my battery yet, however due to the frame around it it may not slide out backward. If so you may need to unscrew the battery base plate from the bike. Once you've got the tank cover off you'll get a better idea of what's required, when putting the cover back on take care not to pinch any of the wiring.

Harryasked

I have a 500w greaser and really like it. I have about 2500 km on the bike, but the headlamp has a slight issue. When I first turn it on, the light is regular brightness, but after about 2 minutes, the light suddenly dims down quite a bit. Any ideas?
thnx in advanced

Phil Coster
Phil Coster

Mine does the same.
It has since new and I think it may have something to do with the LED globe self regulating its output to control heat... although this is just a guess...

A couple of my powerful LED flashlights do a similar thing if I use them on their brightest setting. They tend to get quite hot very quickly.

Harry

i bought a replacement light bulb from ebay ($3.99! not $70), but it does a similar thing, and actually turns right off. I noticed today, that the original one now dims down after a few seconds. This kinda feels like something in the circuit is overloading. I'll be taking it apart this weekend and checking votages/connections, etc.. and will report then.
cheers

Harry

So when I turn on the headlight for the first time, voltage at the bulb reads "1". Weird. Then, within a couple of seconds, the light dims and the voltage reads ~8.8 volts. Since it's a 12 volt bulb, that makes sense that it's dim at only 8.8 volts.
The wires go to the display box and possibly into the tank. Will be taking the tank apart to see if anything jumps out at me.

Mac Chandler

Mac Chandlerasked

would like to know if I can get the 500 watt motor to do only 20 MPH for riding on our local bike trail.
I won't want a bike that will ONLY do 20 - I must be able to do 30+ or I am not interested, HOWEVER , I also would like to be able to ride with my lady on the trails . Also , what is your price on the 500 watt Greaser e bike with the green frame ?
Also , I would like to know the price of an extra battery ( highest one that will not damage the motor or controller) .
Thanks for any help here
Mac

alain

alainasked

I have a greaser 25km/h
Can you please inform me about error 3 please?
Thanks,
Alain

Conrad L.Michael Blast

Hi Alain, it is best to take your Greaser back to the place of purchase so someone can look into this error for you.

Kindest Regards
Team MB

Conrad L.Michael Blast

You can always join our MB Crew and it is possible that a representative may be able to assist in this matter - https://www.facebook.com/groups/michaelblastcrew/

Richard F.

Richard F.asked

Hi,
I was going up a hill and all power went. Battery was reading full but have charged it just to confirm. Still no power. Is there a main fuse? I have checked all connectors seem connected. If not what do you suspect is the culprit?Thanks Richard

Conrad L.Michael Blast

Hi Richard please join our MB Crew mate an admin there should be able to assist - https://www.facebook.com/groups/michaelblastcrew/

Alternately please contact the place of purchase so they can do some diagnosis

Kindest Regards
Team MB

Michael V.asked

Just took delivery. LOVE IT. Not sure if you overexcited but the throttle thumb lever got pushed all the way around back and now doesn’t throttle properly. Sorta works but not to full speed. Pedal assist fine. Any ideas? Can I take apart and fix?

Conrad L.Michael Blast

Hey Michael, join our FB group mate and post some pics of your problem.

I’m sure we can advise what to do to rectify the issue. It sounds like It is a simple fix.

Here is a link to our dedicated group

Michael V.

I think I joined but I hate facebook..but will check in for this. wife ran off with old high school boyfriend. Just a loose screw on throttle, opened the body and tightened. Works perfect!

tdkenn

tdkennasked

My Greaser Ebike has the 36 volt 13 amp rear hub motor.
Recently, it has started to make a loud vibrating noise. It happens under acceleration and quiet when coasting. It has about 300 miles on it.
Any suggestions. Is it possible to buy a replacement motor with a rim?

tom k.
tom k.

I bought a new battery controller and that fixed the problem

Mike dv

Mike dvasked

What means error 22?

Mike dv

Mike dvasked

Can i build a gps tracker in the bike (greaser) and if yes how do i connect it?

Conrad L.Michael Blast

This question would be best directed to our FB group, there are many GPS trackers out in the market without knowing the tracker you are referring too, i cannot answer your question.

Please join our FB group here - https://www.facebook.com/groups/michaelblastcrew/

Red M.

Red M.asked

hi! i have a greaser 500w ,at night i use the headlight but some times the light goes low it's is normal?

Conrad L.Michael Blast

Hi Red, there could be a loose connection in the light assembly itself, i would suggest removing the globe and checking the connection at the bulb.

Have you joined our Michael Blast Crew yet? https://www.facebook.com/groups/michaelblastcrew

It is a group we set up for Michael Blast riders to connect with other riders, it is also an awesome place to ask any tech questions about your Greaser.

Cheers