Mitsubishi MSZ-GE Series

Mitsubishi MSZ-GE Series Questions & Answers

MSZ-GE25VAB (2.5kW), MSZ-GE35VAB (3.5kW), MSZ-GE71VAB (7.1kW), etc...

62 questions from our users

Matthew

Matthewasked

MSZ-GE22VAB (2.2kW)

Can dry mode be used during the middle of winter to reduce humidity in a room? Or will this create pressure on the outdoor unit?

Sunny

Sunnyasked

MSZ-GE25VAB (2.5kW)

Hi. I used to install all PANASONIC split systems, but decided to give Mitsubishi Electric a try this time round.
I bought 4 split system units of MSZAP25VGDKIT 1.25HP 2.5/3.2KW, REVERSE SPLIT, R32 DRED.
and 1 unit of MSZAP80VGDKIT to install in my house.
Two of my 2.5kW unit is playing up. When I turn to AUTO or HEATER mode, and set 24 or 25 degrees, when I increase the fan speed, the unit does not respond, as though it is running on AUTO FAN. It blows air when it wants to, and ceases when it doesnt want to.
When I set the vertical vane downwards, it also does not respond. The vane is always blowing horizontal, sometimes, it will tilt down and blows hard, then go back up again in dormant state.
I wonder why is this happening, when I deliberately set the fan speed and vertical vane direction, it should respond so. But it is acting as though it is in AUTO fan and AUTO vane. Very frustrating.
I do not have issues with the other units, only this one.
The units are only 4 months old.
Can someone please advise if the units are faulty? I have gone through the User Manual several times, but there was no solution to the problem. Thank you.

Loreana M.

Loreana M.asked

MSZ-GE Series

Just got double head MSZ-GE25VAD installed today for my and my child's bedroom. Everything I get it on, it operates for about 6 to 7 mins and the shuts off and enter in stand by mode.
I have tried with different settings and nothing, I don't know what else to do I have try everything in the manual

Hi Loreana,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue with your air conditioning units. Please contact your installer as soon as possible and ask them to take a look at it. The installer can contact our Technical Support team on 1300 651 808 should they need advice.

If you still require assistance after they have looked at your system, feel free to call us on the same number and our team will be more than happy to assist. We do recommend speaking to your installer in the first instance.

Best Regards,
Mitsubishi Electric Australia Support.

Bebe D.

Bebe D.asked

MSZ-GE71VAB (7.1kW)

Cost of servicing the fan

Hi Bebe,

Please give us a call on 1300 651 808 and we will put you in touch with a repairer who can give you a quote for servicing.

Best Regards,
Mitsubishi Electric Australia

Pat A.

Pat A.asked

MSZ-GE Series

can I change the temperature settings from 1 degree increments to .5 degree increments?

Linda E

Linda Easked

MSZ-GE Series

Is there a MSZ-GE22 (2.3KW) unit ? What is the difference from a 2.5KW which I see in the review ? There was no review of 2.3 KW . Does it exist ?

Johnasked

MSZ-GE Series

Can I use my fan only without cooling and heating ?? MSZ-GE60VA//MSZ-GE71VA//MSZ-GE80VA,,

lusitan
lusitan

yes,, but what is the point it does not cools you down

John

I have a wood heater , and want the fan to get a warm rooms ......

Mark

Markasked

MSZ-GE60VAB (6.0kW)

How is the operating cost in winter compared to gas heater?

Sue

Sueasked

This is turning itself off after a short time set at 24 on cool

Gds

Gdsasked

MSZ-GE25VAB (2.5kW)

Hi there, i was wondering if you could answer my question, I have a reverse cycle model number MUZ-GE25VAD I was wondering what year they were released? thanks Glen

Support C.Mitsubishi Electric

The MSZ-GE series, which includes MUZ-GE outdoor units, was released in 2009.

Kind regards,
Mitsubishi Electric Australia Support.

Noel

Noelasked

MSZ-GE60VAB (6.0kW)

Where is the best deal on this air con interest free for 50 months?

Clementsons

Have no idea. You’ll have to shop around as we did.

Maeve

Maeveasked

MSZ-GE42VAB (4.2kW)

Should my new MSZ GE42VAD cut out when it reaches set temp on remote?

Clementsons

Sorry that’s not something I can answer.
Perhaps ring the manufacturer, it should be under warranty!

Reinerle

Reinerleasked

What is the difference between a model SETDXK 122SA-W1129
AND a DXK 33ZRAW bOTH ARE MITSUBISHY models. and should I purchase a model using R32 or R410A, WHICH IS THE BETTER GAS?

Support C.Mitsubishi Electric

Hi Reinerle, The models you mentioned are not Mitsubishi Electric models. These belong to the Mitsubishi Heavy Industries brand. Models starting with MSZ-GE are Mitsubishi Electric models. For R32, look at Mitsubishi Electric MSZ-GL series: https://www.productreview.com.au/p/mitsubishi-msz-gl-series.html

R32 provides an increase in energy efficiency compared to R410A.

Kind Regards,
Mitsubishi Electric Australia Support

Brian
Brian

I think you should contact Mitsubishi Heavy industries in Australia, They should be able to assist you with your enquiries as they are too technical for me to answer your questions. See the web address below.

Richard Bentley

Richard Bentleyasked

MSZ-GE42VAB (4.2kW)

i have a Mitsubishi heatpump msz-ge42va and its not throwing out any heat. Any help?

Kim

Kimasked

MSZ-GE Series

Is econo cool can save electricity for Mr slim split ac?

Hi Kim,
Thank you for your question. The "Econo Cool" is an intelligent temperature control feature that adjusts the amount of air directed to the body, based on the air-outlet temperature. The setting temperature can be raised by as much as 2 degrees without any loss in comfort, thereby realising a 20% gain in energy efficiency. (This function is only available during manual cooling operation.) I hope this covers your question.

Kellie

Kellieasked

MSZ-GE71VAB (7.1kW)

How long should I expect my Mitsubishi air conditioner to work for before needing to be replaced?

carcoarkid
carcoarkid

About a week after the warranty runs out.

chettiMarchetti

chettiMarchettiasked

hello all..

I have recently installed a mszgl-25vgd aircon in my mothers house. it had been working perfectly fine and since i have arrived home from work it turns on for a few minutes then the head shuts off and the indicator light flashes 17 times. i am confused as to what is going on with it and would appreciate any ideas or hints as to what it could be being such a new unit

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your new air conditioner. As it's a recent installation, you might like to speak to your installer and ask them to look at it and see what's going on.

Of course, we are here to help. You can call us on 1300 070 032 or lodge a Service Request via our website at:

Kind regards,
Mitsubishi Electric Australia Support

Help

Helpasked

MSZ-GE25VAB (2.5kW)

My 2 months old air con mszgl25vgd is not working the Botton light is blinking , what’s going on ?

Christopher
Christopher

I'm not a technician, however, the bottom light on my unit also blinked after about 5 minutes and shut down. The initial problem was a faulty PCB on the outdoor component. When this was replaced it was tested again and the compressor had failed also. I've written to Mitsubishi, initially they responded within a day and asked for copies of quotes, details of model and serial numbers etc. I have forwarded this information to them, it's been 2 weeks now but I have not received any response since.

Hi,

Can you kindly provide your contact details so that a member of our Customer Care team can contact you to organise an ASP to come out to side and resolve the issue?

Phil

Philasked

Hi
My Mitsubishi msz-ge60va has decided to leak into the room, drain is clear ans working fine, is seems that water is coming from the back of the heat exchanger, running down the inside of the fan housing, missing the drain and running out inside the room and it is quite a lot of water, i cannot feel a seal behind the left side of the exchanger but I can everywhere else, I can see the water coming from the left side of the fan housing clearly, is there a seal there to fail ??? if not what is the problem, the unit is 3 years old and still works fine, leak started about 3 weeks ago Thanks Phil

Hi,

Can you kindly provide your contact details so that a member of our Customer Care team can organise for an ASP to come out and resolve the issue?

Reg A

Reg Aasked

MSZ-GE71VAB (7.1kW)

Hi my mitsubishi Reverse A/C outdoor unit fan is cutting in and out too often and not going on for very long
What could this problem be?

Gaz
Gaz

Have you got the temperature setting set to high i.e. 28 if its 30 outside.
It could be the capacitor in the external unit - have a Mitsubishi air-con tech/ installer check it.

Get an answer from our members and Mitsubishi Electric representatives