Mitsubishi MSZ-GE Series

58 questions from our users

Pat A.

Pat A.asked

MSZ-GE Series

can I change the temperature settings from 1 degree increments to .5 degree increments?

Linda E

Linda Easked

MSZ-GE Series

Is there a MSZ-GE22 (2.3KW) unit ? What is the difference from a 2.5KW which I see in the review ? There was no review of 2.3 KW . Does it exist ?

Johnasked

MSZ-GE Series

Can I use my fan only without cooling and heating ?? MSZ-GE60VA//MSZ-GE71VA//MSZ-GE80VA,,

lusitan
lusitan

yes,, but what is the point it does not cools you down

John

I have a wood heater , and want the fan to get a warm rooms ......

Mark

Markasked

MSZ-GE60VAB (6.0kW)

How is the operating cost in winter compared to gas heater?

Sue

Sueasked

This is turning itself off after a short time set at 24 on cool

Gds

Gdsasked

MSZ-GE25VAB (2.5kW)

Hi there, i was wondering if you could answer my question, I have a reverse cycle model number MUZ-GE25VAD I was wondering what year they were released? thanks Glen

Support C.Mitsubishi Electric

The MSZ-GE series, which includes MUZ-GE outdoor units, was released in 2009.

Kind regards,
Mitsubishi Electric Australia Support.

Noel

Noelasked

MSZ-GE60VAB (6.0kW)

Where is the best deal on this air con interest free for 50 months?

Clementsons

Have no idea. You’ll have to shop around as we did.

Maeve

Maeveasked

MSZ-GE42VAB (4.2kW)

Should my new MSZ GE42VAD cut out when it reaches set temp on remote?

Clementsons

Sorry that’s not something I can answer.
Perhaps ring the manufacturer, it should be under warranty!

Reinerle

Reinerleasked

What is the difference between a model SETDXK 122SA-W1129
AND a DXK 33ZRAW bOTH ARE MITSUBISHY models. and should I purchase a model using R32 or R410A, WHICH IS THE BETTER GAS?

Support C.Mitsubishi Electric

Hi Reinerle, The models you mentioned are not Mitsubishi Electric models. These belong to the Mitsubishi Heavy Industries brand. Models starting with MSZ-GE are Mitsubishi Electric models. For R32, look at Mitsubishi Electric MSZ-GL series: https://www.productreview.com.au/p/mitsubishi-msz-gl-series.html

R32 provides an increase in energy efficiency compared to R410A.

Kind Regards,
Mitsubishi Electric Australia Support

Brian
Brian

I think you should contact Mitsubishi Heavy industries in Australia, They should be able to assist you with your enquiries as they are too technical for me to answer your questions. See the web address below.

Richard Bentley

Richard Bentleyasked

MSZ-GE42VAB (4.2kW)

i have a Mitsubishi heatpump msz-ge42va and its not throwing out any heat. Any help?

Kim

Kimasked

MSZ-GE Series

Is econo cool can save electricity for Mr slim split ac?

Hi Kim,
Thank you for your question. The "Econo Cool" is an intelligent temperature control feature that adjusts the amount of air directed to the body, based on the air-outlet temperature. The setting temperature can be raised by as much as 2 degrees without any loss in comfort, thereby realising a 20% gain in energy efficiency. (This function is only available during manual cooling operation.) I hope this covers your question.

Kellie

Kellieasked

MSZ-GE71VAB (7.1kW)

How long should I expect my Mitsubishi air conditioner to work for before needing to be replaced?

carcoarkid
carcoarkid

About a week after the warranty runs out.

chettiMarchetti

chettiMarchettiasked

hello all..

I have recently installed a mszgl-25vgd aircon in my mothers house. it had been working perfectly fine and since i have arrived home from work it turns on for a few minutes then the head shuts off and the indicator light flashes 17 times. i am confused as to what is going on with it and would appreciate any ideas or hints as to what it could be being such a new unit

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your new air conditioner. As it's a recent installation, you might like to speak to your installer and ask them to look at it and see what's going on.

Of course, we are here to help. You can call us on 1300 070 032 or lodge a Service Request via our website at:

Kind regards,
Mitsubishi Electric Australia Support

Help

Helpasked

MSZ-GE25VAB (2.5kW)

My 2 months old air con mszgl25vgd is not working the Botton light is blinking , what’s going on ?

Christopher
Christopher

I'm not a technician, however, the bottom light on my unit also blinked after about 5 minutes and shut down. The initial problem was a faulty PCB on the outdoor component. When this was replaced it was tested again and the compressor had failed also. I've written to Mitsubishi, initially they responded within a day and asked for copies of quotes, details of model and serial numbers etc. I have forwarded this information to them, it's been 2 weeks now but I have not received any response since.

Hi,

Can you kindly provide your contact details so that a member of our Customer Care team can contact you to organise an ASP to come out to side and resolve the issue?

Phil

Philasked

Hi
My Mitsubishi msz-ge60va has decided to leak into the room, drain is clear ans working fine, is seems that water is coming from the back of the heat exchanger, running down the inside of the fan housing, missing the drain and running out inside the room and it is quite a lot of water, i cannot feel a seal behind the left side of the exchanger but I can everywhere else, I can see the water coming from the left side of the fan housing clearly, is there a seal there to fail ??? if not what is the problem, the unit is 3 years old and still works fine, leak started about 3 weeks ago Thanks Phil

Hi,

Can you kindly provide your contact details so that a member of our Customer Care team can organise for an ASP to come out and resolve the issue?

Reg A

Reg Aasked

MSZ-GE71VAB (7.1kW)

Hi my mitsubishi Reverse A/C outdoor unit fan is cutting in and out too often and not going on for very long
What could this problem be?

Gaz

Have you got the temperature setting set to high i.e. 28 if its 30 outside.
It could be the capacitor in the external unit - have a Mitsubishi air-con tech/ installer check it.

Lucia Dasked

MSZ-GE71VAB (7.1kW)

Our unit which is one year old 71VAD model the outdoor unit is making one consistent beep and it won't stop. What's wrong with it and how do we disable it? Should we call an electrician it's been working fine till now.

JodieAnne
JodieAnne

I would be concerned about it, but I'd call Mitsubishi first. They may be able to guide you through some procedures to try before employing an electrician. I have not had that issue with mine so unfortunately can't offer any solutions.I looked for an answer in my instruction manual for you but unfortunately I have been given two "indoor unit" manuals and no outdoor unit manual at all. I'm sorry I couldn't be on any further help.

Gaz

Suggest you call Mitsubishi Repairer/installer.

Lucia D

Thanks for looking. I rang mitsubishi and booked it in under warranty as the unit is only 9 months old and we had it installed in winter so this is the first time we really used it. Only annoying thing is the beeping just stopped so when the repair guy came to check it out there wasn't anything to see but a working unit. The outdoor unit is outside but the area it is in a roofed outdoor area with meshed in walls so he said its likely it overheated as it in as free flowing air as if it was completely outside. He recommended on the really hot days to hose the back of the outdoor unit with the hose on demist for a good half hr to help cool the unit down. Fingers crossed there isn't any more issues going forward.

Ken

Kenasked

MSZ-GE71VAB (7.1kW)

what's the difference between MSZGL and MSZGE Series?

Csabster
Csabster

As far as I can see the GL is quieter and more energy efficient that the GE and the GE series runs on R410a
GL series runs on the newer R32 gas.

Hi Ken,

The GE series is now a superseded model which has been replaced by the GL series. The GL series has a higher efficiency and utilities R32 refrigerant.

Hope this helps.

Jay

Jayasked

MSZ-GE Series

Hi there, my Mitsubishi split system doesn't blow hot or cold Air, as soon the supplier installed it was not working, then I notify he sent another Electrition and that person said incorrect wiring to outdoor unit , then he fixed it was working. This was installed in my guest room and I don't use very often. After one year this stop cooling then when I notified to Mitsubishi service dept. (As the supplier closed and gone)
Then Mitsubishi came and replace the pub board MUZ-ge35va in outdoor unit it was working find. Now again after just after 5years this stopped. No cooling or heating.
What should I do Mitsubishi service centre not bothered to answer me? Will it cost lot more to fix this . I know it is the pcb is blown again.
Jay

fann
fann

I am sorry but I don't know the answer to your question.

Hi Jay,

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your air conditioner. There can be many different reasons for an air conditioner to cease operating, these are not limited to the product.

We want to assist you ASAP. Our technical people will have a few questions so please contact Mitsubishi Electric Customer Care Hotline on 1300 651 808 or lodge a new Support Request here: http://www.mitsubishielectric.com.au/Log_Service_Request.htm.

Regards,
Mitsubishi Electric Customer Support

SDKasked

MSZ-GE71VAB (7.1kW)

Our units are as follows:
Mitsubishi Indoor Sitting Room Model MSZ-GE71VA-A1 SN:2006976T
Outdoor Mitsubishi Model MXZ-6C120VA-A1 SN:200426
Mitsubishi Indoor Bed 1 Model MSZ-GE25VA-A1 SN:2003925T
Mitsubishi Indoor Bed 2 Model MSZ-GE25VA-A1 SN:2007139T
On cold mornings the indoor units will not start sometimes for hours - we just have to wait until the temperature rise outside sufficiently above about 7ºC which is quite ridiculous.
At other times wether for cooling or heating the units work instantly.
The outdoor condenser unit is mounted correctly undercover and on a tiled verandah and only in the sun in the mornings in summer.
Units are clean and air filters changed regularly.
Units were installed about 5 years ago.
I am an electrician who has worked with industrial building refrigeration but not on this small scale.
Can you suggest an adjustment as I am aware that the units should be able to extract warmth out of the outside air right down to 4ºC. Correct?
Please Advise.
Thank you.

Beejay
Beejay

Sorry can't help you I'm just a customer not an electrician

I think I must have written it the wrong area - thanks Beejay

Glenn d J
Glenn d J

Your outdoor unit ( condenser ) is rated to work down to minus 15 degrees below 0 for mitsibishi electric . You have an issue with it , call a Friggie for help , most probably a themistor is faulty .

Get an answer from our members and Mitsubishi Electric representatives