Optifast VLCD

Optifast VLCD Questions & Answers

Chocolate, Coffee, Vanilla, etc... (See All)
Brand Manager for Optifast? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

170 questions from our users

Ronistar B.
Ronistar B.asked
Caramel

Hi how long can I stay on the optifast. I'm doing one shake or soup day and two heathy meals. Just taking ir slow.

Louise
Louise

I wouldn't stay on too long as it has fake sugars that are toxic and dangerous, unlike stevia etc. Not sure why they use aspartame. I was shocked they use it. As that can cause all kinds of serious disease

Arzum C.
Arzum C.asked
Chai

Is this a spicy or vanilla chai flavour?

Tamara
Tamaraasked
Coffee

Is it ok to use a little salt (¼ tsp) on vegetables while in Intensive Phase?

Sheryl R.
Sheryl R.asked
VLCD

I’m on optifast 900 3 weeks before surgery. I’ve noticed that sometimes a bit of liquid left in the bottom of my cup turns black sometimes almost like it’s moody yet only been sitting there for not even 30 minutes. Has anyone else noticed this or know why? It’s the powder you mix yourself

Loretta G.
Loretta G.

It is the vitamins/minerals once it hit air, it oxidizes and will turn black.

Brenda
Brendaasked
VLCD

Can you add a banana when making shake

Adrian Z.
Adrian Z.asked
VLCD

Can i snack on intense level without loosing kotosis ibtake meds they make me hungty and all the water in the worls just doe not do it for dinner i have vlcd soup 2-3cups of allowed vegies then i take meds and man i get gungry been munching on cherry tomatoes not a lot just to help will this stop kotosis

Lidia S.
Lidia S.asked
VLCD

Hi, I am following the intensive phase of the plan @ 800 calories. I am entering everything I eat/drink into a calorie diary that lists the item's carbs, protein, sodium sugar, fibre etc.
Always am below 50g of carb a day.
Never exceed 800 cals.
I am aware that you recommend only 30ml skim milk in this phase of the plan - would like to understand why?
Is it okay to include dairy, so long as you stay within the 800 cals, 50g carbs limit?
Thanks, Lidia

Glorianne C.
Glorianne C.asked
VLCD

Can the non starchy vegetables be steamed slightly or blanched? Makes them a little softer when eating.

Lizel
Lizelasked
VLCD

Is it safe to consume optifast after expiration date. I have 27 sachets and need to go back to taking it but unsure of the safety of expiration. The oldest is Sept 2019. It has been sitting in the box unopened in pantry in container.

A.D
A.D

Sharon
Sharonasked
VLCD

I am finding it hard to have 3 Optifast drinks a day. When I wake up I have a glass of water then about 930ish I have a Optifast shake. Dont feel like one at lunchtime so I just sip on my water for the afternoon. By tea time I make a salad and occasionally I might have a optifast bar. So I'm only having 1 Optifast shake a day, occasionally a 2nd optifast product. Is this dangerous and will I slow the process down?

John
John
Tina Gasked

Hi All,
I’m a newbee to Optifast and I have chosen the Intensive Program , I just wanted to know if there are any products I can replace the evening shake with? just so I don’t have 3 SWEET shakes a day , and dinner is more like dinner and less like breakfast, without compromising the Intensive program weight loss.

Raj V
Raj V

I eat at least 1 (sometimes 2) bars a day - they are also sweet though. Chocolate or cherry.
Have lost 16kg in 8 weeks

Jenny

You could have the optifast soups

Tina Gasked
VLCD

How much exercise should I be doing daily on this program ?
I’m hoping to loose 5-8 kgs in 4 weeks .
I have just started on this program , so far in 2 weeks , 1.5 kgs down.
My daily routine is ; a shake for breakfast , Lunch and Dinner along with green salad with cherry tomatoes and half an avocado for dinner.
I’m drinking 2 litres of water with lemon a day.
Any tips to keep the eight loss on track?

Jenny

Originally it instructed 20 minutes per day but in my experience more exercise is better. I would do 2 shakes a day and one meal and then go down to one shake after I reached my goal

Jenny

Sadly also age is a factor too :( I struggle to shed the kgs now in my late 30s then when I was in my 20s

Ameliaasked
VLCD

Hi, I am on my 4th day with Optifast. Headaches everyday, ending up with migraines.
The scale shows that I have not lost any weight. I feel a tad lighter. Could I have lost inches maybe? I do not have time for exercise as I work Mon-Sat full hours.

Karen H.
Karen H.asked
VLCD

Do the shakes thicken up if done in a nutri bullet or the likes of?

Cassieo
Cassieo

Hi Karen. No not at all. They keep the same consistency. It’s not really necessary to mix any other way than shaker. I used to make my lunch shake at breakfast and leave in fridge at work. This was fine. But can’t make day before.

Melissa
Melissaasked

Is it safe for type 1 dibectic's to take ,

MISTIRIO

Hi Melissa yes you can whilst type one. Speak to your doctor if you are unsure. I highly recommend optifast. Optifast wwill help you lower it

Tina E.
Tina E.asked
VLCD

If I'm not hungry, shall I skip the optifast meal?

MISTIRIO

I was advised not to by optifast.as you need 3 shakes a day. Being on optifast you are already on the lowest calorie diet. Drink 2 litres of water also. Most important have your 2 cups of veggies all that plays a role in your weigh loss.

Lexiegr8
Lexiegr8

I’m no dietitian or Dr but I would say No, I think the process works if you take the 3 servers.

Bes B.
Bes B.

Im on two optifast meal and make my dinner in 8 weeks ive lost 10kilos

Annie C.
Annie C.asked
VLCD

Do you drink Optifast all in one go? Or slowly?

Gail Lander
Gail Landerasked
Chai

Does this product contain caffene

Optifast VLCD