Oricom UHF028

Oricom UHF028 Questions & Answers

7 questions from our users

steve

steveasked

I have just bought the compact uhf028 , and trying to wire it up so it turns off with the ignition. i have tried the black to negative chassis , red to fuse box , yet it still will not turn off.
please help

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Steve, please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom.

Stephenasked

My 028 uhf must have a short in it turns on and off randomly and the screen doesn't light up where do i get it repaired?

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom.

Stephen

Thanks for that I'll give them a call.

Tim G.

Tim G.asked

i have just bought a oricom uhf 028 and has been installed can receive calls but as soon as I press the ptt button it gose to channel 80 and resetting don't fix it

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Tim, thanks for the message. Please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, and the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom.

lazercft
lazercft

I had an Oricom uhf 028. It was ok for the price and initially I posted a favourable review. However my advice to you would be to do what I have done and buy a GME. You get what you pay for! My Oricom lasted less than a year. I have a mate who had one and he took it to a local service agent when it broke. The agent said that the quality of components is quite low. He also runs GME now and has had no issues. Our GME units are quite a bit smaller but heavier. That tells you something!

Matthew R.
Matthew R.

Mine does the same any fix for the issue yet?

dexx

dexxasked

My new UHF028 displays 'busy' on every channel and all I hear is static. I have tried factory reset. Any suggestions?

Return it for a refund

Technical SupportOricom

Hi dexx, thanks for the message. We would recommend that you give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist in troubleshooting the issue with you and will work to provide you with a solution. All the best, Oricom.

pumpkinasked

just wondering on the oricom 028 how do I tell if I have it on simplex or duplex please?

Happy5

I can’t remember, sorry. The Oricom was difficult to get working and I had to give up on it.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the message. As instructed on page 16 of the User Guide, your UHF028 allows you to pre-select Duplex operation individually on each of the repeater channels.
Press DPX button, “DPX” icon should disappear on the LCD.
Press the DPX button again to toggle the Duplex function on and off.

We hope that helps, however if you continue to experience difficulty in this, we recommend that you give us a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist in walking you through the steps. All the best, Oricom.

pumpkin

thanks oricom but I think I will go back to either uniden or gme

Commodore131

Commodore131asked

I bought this unit 2 months back worked fine now i have no incoming or it is very garbled and there no longer channel 62 63 64 all wiring is fine what is the problem?Have tried reset numerous times to no avail

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for getting in touch. We are sorry to hear of the experience you are having with regard to the Oricom UHF028, and for this we suggest that you give Oricom Customer Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as they will be able to assist in troubleshooting the issue with you and will work to provide you with a solution. Thanks and all the best, Oricom.

James Randle

James Randleasked

HI I purchased a UHF028 from repco in New Zealand and have broken the flexi areial that came with the radio kit. It has a screw thread on the end and am after a replacement asap. If i was to upgrade to a 6DB which one should i buy?
I dont need a whole new areial would prefer just to buy the bit that will screw back onto my original wire and base attached to 4x4.
Regards
James

Tech SupportOricom

Hi James,

You may be able to source a replacement locally. We do, however, sell replacement whips for this antenna. You can call our Customer Support Team on 0800 674 266 and they can help out with further advice.

Best regards, Oricom UHF CB Radios

Get an answer from our members and Oricom representatives