Oricom UHF028

Oricom UHF028 Questions & Answers

4 questions from our users

dexx

dexxasked

My new UHF028 displays 'busy' on every channel and all I hear is static. I have tried factory reset. Any suggestions?

Return it for a refund

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi dexx, thanks for the message. We would recommend that you give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist in troubleshooting the issue with you and will work to provide you with a solution. All the best, Oricom.

pumpkinasked

just wondering on the oricom 028 how do I tell if I have it on simplex or duplex please?

Happy5

I can’t remember, sorry. The Oricom was difficult to get working and I had to give up on it.

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi there, thanks for the message. As instructed on page 16 of the User Guide, your UHF028 allows you to pre-select Duplex operation individually on each of the repeater channels.
Press DPX button, “DPX” icon should disappear on the LCD.
Press the DPX button again to toggle the Duplex function on and off.

We hope that helps, however if you continue to experience difficulty in this, we recommend that you give us a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist in walking you through the steps. All the best, Oricom.

pumpkin

thanks oricom but I think I will go back to either uniden or gme

Commodore131

Commodore131asked

I bought this unit 2 months back worked fine now i have no incoming or it is very garbled and there no longer channel 62 63 64 all wiring is fine what is the problem?Have tried reset numerous times to no avail

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi there, thanks for getting in touch. We are sorry to hear of the experience you are having with regard to the Oricom UHF028, and for this we suggest that you give Oricom Customer Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as they will be able to assist in troubleshooting the issue with you and will work to provide you with a solution. Thanks and all the best, Oricom.

James Randle

James Randleasked

HI I purchased a UHF028 from repco in New Zealand and have broken the flexi areial that came with the radio kit. It has a screw thread on the end and am after a replacement asap. If i was to upgrade to a 6DB which one should i buy?
I dont need a whole new areial would prefer just to buy the bit that will screw back onto my original wire and base attached to 4x4.
Regards
James

Marlene S.Oricom

Hi James,

You may be able to source a replacement locally. We do, however, sell replacement whips for this antenna. You can call our Customer Support Team on 0800 674 266 and they can help out with further advice.

Best regards, Oricom UHF CB Radios

Get an answer from our members and Oricom representatives