Oricom UHF300

Oricom UHF300 Questions & Answers

35 questions from our users

Colin

Colinasked

Uhf has signal but NO sound... can you tell me why

Oricom SupportOricom

Hi Colin, thanks for the message. Please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom Baby Care

Dave D

Dave Dasked

Whats a good arial for this product.?

Oricom SupportOricom

Hi Dave, please check out our range of antennas here to suit: https://oricom.com.au/product-category/products/oricom-uhf-cb-radios/antennas/

When choosing an antenna it is important to consider the terrain in which the antenna is to be used and match the best radiating pattern for the environment.
3dBi antenna has a wide pattern, ideal for undulating terrain.
6-6.5dBi antennas are popular due to their performance over distance on flatter or slightly uneven terrain.
9dBi Higher gain antennas have a flatter and longer radiation pattern, more suited to distance on level terrain.

We hope that helps!

All the best, Oricom.

Judd D.

Judd D.asked

My son accidentally pressed on the PTT button before I had connected the antenna. The unit turns on but not getting any signal strength? Would a factory reset resolve this? Thanks.

Oricom SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of this and would like to discuss with you. Please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to troubleshoot and assist. All the best, Oricom.

Lags

Lagsasked

Hi i had installed my uhf 300 few years ago and been using good and working fine and didnt use for almost a year when i check and turn on the other day and when i turn it off it will just come on again. And in order to turn off i need to pull out the power supply.. any ideas? Thanks

Oricom SupportOricom

Hi Lags, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience and for this one, we would recommend that you give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom.

Lags

Lagsasked

Hi i installed my uhf300 a year ago and been using it and its great, after I didnt use for almost 6mos and turn it on when i turn it of its just coming back on again.. so in order to turn off i need to unplug the power supply any ideas? Thanks

Spike Keith S.asked

I have installed a new Oricom 300 into my roof console and I'm trying to "flip" the display, but can't work out how to do it. I have watched Youtube videos and they go through this process, but they don't actually say what you have to do to make it "flip".
Can you please advise how this is done as my only other option is to take it out of the console and turn it over, which I don't want to do.

Oricom SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the message. To arrange the flip screen, please follow the below instructions:

Menu
The Menu feature provides a convenient method of customising some of the radio’s functions. The following menu options are available. Note that some items are only available on certain channels.
1. Press and Menu/Monitor button. The first menu function displayed.
2. Press the Menu/Monitor button to cycle through each available function. After the last function has been selected, the radio automatically exits the menu.
3. Rotate the channel knob to alter the parameters of the selected function.
4. To save the changes and exit, press and hold Menu/Monitor button to exit and store any changes.

All the best, Oricom.

Spike Keith S.

Thanks for the info, it worked a treat. Now to hit the open road.

Oricom SupportOricom

Hi Spike, thats awesome! Good luck!

Aaron V.

Aaron V.asked

Have had the unit for a while have gome to put it in another vehicle and the speaker is playing up. Full volume is barely audible from the unit speaker. Even with an external speaker fitted the volume at max is barely audible. Any idea what could be the issue?

Oricom SupportOricom

Hi Aaron, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear this and would ask that you give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom.

Ewan R.

Ewan R.asked

hi its ewan here im from new zealand and i brought a unit uhf 300 had it working in the car so i brought it inside hook it up and im not getting anything can you help plz and also is there a agent or agents in new zealand specially im in christchurch can you help me plz?

Oricom SupportOricom

Hi Ewan, thanks for the message. For this one, we would love to discuss with you so lease give us a call on our New Zealand Oricom Support number: 0800 674 266 Monday - Friday 10am - 8pm NZST. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Jack F.

Jack F.asked

Just installed a oricom 310 and it wont power on at all it did once next time turned car on nothing at all !!! All plugs still have power to them so its the unit ???

Oricom SupportOricom

Hi Jack, thanks for the message. Could you please give us a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist in troubleshooting the issue with you and will work to provide you with a solution. All the best, Oricom.

Timasked

Have an in car oricom uhf radio that turns itself off when turned on. 2nd unit I have tried , connection is fine . What is going on ?

Oricom SupportOricom

Hi Tim, thanks for the message. We would love to discuss this one with you to determine what is going on. Please give us a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom.

Tim

Very difficult for me to call as I am in WA , have you had this problem before and is there a way to solve it?

SN NT04L42901272

Simon A.

Simon A.asked

My microphone handset appears not to be making a connection to the unit. I could hear transmitions but could not transmit. The mircophone adaptor appears ok but I think a small black insert has broken so it isnt making a firm connection. I unplugged it, then plugged it back in. It powers up, now it won't change channels volume and wont pick up a transmission. It has been a good little unit up to now. Any ideas? Simon

Gary b

I had the same issue I brought a new mic of eBay

Oricom SupportOricom

Hi Simon, thanks for the message. For this one, we would recommend that you give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom.

Andy

Andyasked

Hi have the dtx 4000 still unsure how to work the dual channel have it set on 40 for the sub do i just set it then flick to my channel for talking

Oricom SupportOricom

Hi Andy, thanks for the message. For this one, we would suggest taking a look at page 17 of the User Guide that lays this out. Essentially, this works as per the below:

SWP (Swapping Dual RX channel)
The DTX4000 can receive two channels simultaneously.
The main receiver default channel is 12 and Sub receiver default channel is 40.
The Sub channel can be turned on and off by pressing and holding the SRX button the "S" indicator on the display will be on if the SRX is on.
It is not possible to transmit on the SRX you must swap the SRX and Main RX to transmit on that channel.
To adjust the volume of the SRX channel push the channel change dial 3 times the display will show SVL and the level.

SRX On/Off
Press hold SWP/SRX button to turn SRX off.
To return to Dual RX mode press and hold the SRX button for 2 seconds.

If you would prefer to discuss with a technician, please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom.

Kevin E.

Kevin E.asked

Just purchase a Oricom 390.No indications of were positive/negative inserts into white plug at back of unit.

Oricom SupportOricom

Hi Kevin, thanks for the message. There is a small plastic bag that contains a spare fuse and the plastic housing to fit the cable termination in to, then the plug fits into the back of the radio. The plastic housing shows colour of cable to fit into the housing. If you require further assistance, please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom.

Iain
Iain

How do you remove the plastic insert that is already in there?

Tarwyn

Tarwynasked

People can hear what I'm saying on the oricom300 but I can't receive anything? What do I do or how do I fix this problem...

Oricom SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of the issue you are experiencing, and for this one we would suggest that you give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist in troubleshooting the issue with you and will work to provide you with a solution. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

John

Johnasked

on the back of the unit which is the positive connection the round or square hole of the white plug?

Oricom SupportOricom

Hi John, thanks for the message. The round connection is the positive. All the best, Oricom.

Sharon

Sharonasked

Hi I've just purchased oricon uhf 300. I'm having trouble picking people up or them hearing me. What could be the problem? Thanks rj

Oricom SupportOricom

Hi Sharon, thanks for the message. For this, we would suggest that you give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist in troubleshooting the issue with you and will work to provide you with a solution. Alternatively, email support@oricom.com.au, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Yowieasked

I have the UHF380 the only way I can send and receive is by pressing the MO/TSQ when i do this you get permanent hissing sound how do we get ride of hissing have tried turning squelch up and down but nothing?

Oricom SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the message. For this one, we would suggest that you give Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist in troubleshooting the issue with you and will work to provide you with a solution. All the best, Oricom.

Yowie

This is hard as I work at night and slee during the day

Zacws

Zacwsasked

I’ve recently installed the UHF350 and I’m not getting any sound at all. Not even a beep when I power on, but it transmits fine. Any ideas?

Oricom SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear what is happening and would suggest that you give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom.

Vasilios Kasked

I have installed the uhf 380 I’m having problems with setting it I keep getting a tractor noise coming out of the unit constantly I have called oricom support a couple times no answer I have sent emails still no answer can someone please help me?

Oricom SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for getting in touch. We are sorry to hear of your experience and would ask that you privately message your best contact number and a convenient time to receive a call and Oricom Support will be in touch. Alternatively, give us a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom.

Gary b

Sounds like you have wired the unit straight to the battery, if this is the case you will have to wire it to a live
Wire I’ve used the cigarette lighter and then earth to the body of the car

Vasilios K

Thank you for your response but why would connecting to the battery cause that and the manual diagram shows battery connection please advise me

Mitch

Mitchasked

Oricom 300, how do I turn off the transmission
beep people hear when I’ve finished transmitting.
Thanks, Mitch.

Oricom SupportOricom

Hi Mitch, thanks for the message. Users can manually turn off the Roger Beep, by accessing the setting in the menu and turning it off.

1. Press and Menu/Monitor button. The first menu function displayed.
3. Rotate the channel knob to alter the parameters of the selected function.

Menu list
* Use the channel knob to change the value of each setting.
* If a button is not pressed within 8 seconds the radio will automatically exit the menu mode.
* Please see Menu modes

The Menu options are available on page 13 of the user guide. If you continue to experience difficulty in this, we would suggest that you give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist in troubleshooting the issue with you and will work to provide you with a solution. All the best, Oricom.

Get an answer from our members and Oricom representatives