Philips Sonicare AirFloss

Stephen Capperasked

Why won’t it turn off?

ROG
ROG

Because they are poorly made. I love the product but they don’t last.

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your question. It's unfortunate to hear you're having some issues with your AirFloss. We'd love to see how to assist with this. You can reach out to us at 1300 363 391 (Mondays to Fridays: 9:00 am - 7:00 pm EST) for Australia and 0800 658 224 (Mondays to Fridays: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm) for New Zealand.

Charlotte G.

Charlotte G.asked

Sonicare AirFloss

I loved my Sonicare AirFloss but it has stopped charging. I ordered a new charging to see if that was the problem but it is still not working. Any help?

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, Charlotte. That doesn't sound good and thanks for asking. We think that the handle might be faulty. We advise you to contact our product experts directly here: https://www.philips.com.au/c-w/support-home/support-contact-page.html#n62Contact=PERSONAL_CARE_GR%2BTOOTHBRUSHES_CA for further assistance. They might be able to help you out. :)

Lesley G.

Lesley G.asked

Sonicare AirFloss

The door to the water chamber of my sonicare air flossed has broken off can I get a replacement or can it be repaired?

Hi Lesley,

Thank you for the question - we're sorry to hear that the water chamber of your AirFloss has broken off, and we'd definitely like to see how we can help. Could you please get in touch with us through phone (1300 363 391) or social media (Facebook or Twitter @PhilipsCare)? Our colleagues will then do their best to have this resolved for you as quickly as possible - thank you!

Kind Regards,

Mikeasked

Sonicare AirFloss HX8211/06 (AirFloss 1.5)

I got my phillips airfloss from my dentist and love it. But, after a month it stopped working. It charges fine and turns on fine, but when I hit the activation button to squirt the fluid, it turns off the airfloss. When I hit the activation button the green light goes off and there is on power and there is no squirt of fluid. Any help?

I have reset it, but my problem remains.

Please advise

Hi there, Mike,

That's not very convenient! Thanks for bringing this to our attention though. Have you tried charging the unit for 24 hours straight? And could you try another wall socket as well perhaps? If that doesn't help, please contact our customer care team at 1300 363 391.

Jace

Jaceasked

Sonicare AirFloss HX8240

How do you tell that the unit is charging And how to tell that it’s done charging?

Colleen

Colleenasked

Sonicare AirFloss

My HX8340A Philips Sonicare water and air flosser has stopped pumping water. I only get air. I've cleaned the water reservoir and door but it still doesn't spray water. What should I do?

Kylie Milner

Kylie Milnerasked

Sonicare AirFloss HX8211/06 (AirFloss 1.5)

Hi, I just bought this product, and I've plugged it into charge as told to do in the little booklet. It said that it would flash green as it's charging, but after a quick flash of a green light when I turned it on.. there's just no light on at all. I pulled it off the charger and pressed the power button which did nothing.. then put it back on the charger and it lit up solid green for a few minutes, but after that it's back to no light again. I'm just confused if it's actually charging or if there's something wrong with it. Any thoughts..?

Hi there,

Thanks for submitting your question about your brand new Airfloss. Congrats on the new product, first of all. Let's try to fix this together! We're curious for how long you've tried charging the unit already. We would recommend charging it for a full 24 hours before giving it a go. This is to ensure that the battery is completely full. Would you mind trying that for us? You know where to find us if this doesn't work.

Paulina R.
Paulina R.

Hi
I have the same situation. I put It into charger before first use as it was recommended to charge for 24 h and it flash green light for a while and then it's not showing any light at all. Is that okay or is it something wrong ?

Hi Paulina,

Thank you for the question. Usually, after a full charge the device should last for 2 weeks (or 14 uses) - if this is the case, then this shouldn't be a problem. If you do encounter issues with using the Airfloss after charging it for 24 hours however, you're welcome to contact us on Facebook or Twitter, or by phone, 1300 363 391 (Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST). Thank you!

Kind Regards,

Anne

Anneasked

Sonicare AirFloss

I heard my air flosser can do 3 sprays. I can’t find the indicator or how to change it from the one trigger of spray that currently comes out?

Anne

Paul
Paul

Press the button until all the lights are lit up. 1 light 1 pump 2 lights 2 pumps 3 lights 3 pumps

Philips S.Philips

Hi, Anne. We'd like to look into this for you. Could you share the model number on the bottom of your Airfloss with us here? It is located on the bottom of the handle, and starts with HX, followed by a couple digits. We hope to hear from you.

PHYLLIS

PHYLLISasked

Sonicare AirFloss

Our Sonicare Air Flosser has stopped pumping air.
The charger seems to be working because I hear a low hum from the unit and the lights for three pulses are still lighting.
We're happy with the product and would appreciate any suggestions on how to get it going again; or is a new unit the only way to go?
Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Sincerely,
Phyllis Goldstein
EMail:[email removed]

Philips S.Philips

Hi Phyllis. Thank you for getting in contact with us regarding your AirFloss. What a pity it has stopped working. Usually, there's an easy fix for this, which is cleaning out the vent. More information about this can be found here: https://bit.ly/2x7imX8. If this doesn't do the trick, please feel free to contact our support so that we can find an alternative solution with you. You can reach us via any of the following options: https://bit.ly/2wukcTf (AU) or https://bit.ly/2wjPbkE (NZ). Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

Walter

Walterasked

Sonicare AirFloss HX8240

how do I get replacement flosser tips?.

James T

James Tasked

Sonicare AirFloss HX8211/06 (AirFloss 1.5)

We're interested in getting an air Glosser, or dentist recommended them. No one in any sites locally have been able to help and I've had no reply from Phillips help page. Reading information on this site is making me concerned that they do there job well then break, at a couple of hundred bucks it is seeming like a harsh deal. Does it come better than that? Or is there another way, maybe a reason why they keep breaking.

LeonDonSOD40

That many Philips AirFloss units fail is established. Why? They are complicated instruments and do what they claim to while they work. They are expensive. I have bought a total of 6. Only one still works the other five failed six months or thereabout after guarantee expired. I decided not to reinforce failure so bought a Panasonic EW-Dj10 water irrigator. Reading reports they are slightly ahead of the Air Flosser at cleaning. They are marginally as easy to use. However they are cheaper less than 30% the cost of an Air Flosser. There are no reports of early failure that I can find on the web. They have a very simple mechanism with a lot less to fail. I like that unlike the AirFlosser they are not easy to knock over. I do not have it long & only one visit to my dental hygienist gave it an OK. Early yet but I am very satisfied that it is doing what it should do. Its not as hi tec I am comfortable that I made a good decision by buying it rather than an air flosser.

gardenscent

This is our 2nd air flosser and the first one only came with a year's guarantee. This particular model HX8211/06 comes with 2 years and luckily was still under warranty when the unit failed (won't power up). another gripe I have with this including the first one I had is that over time the nozzle comes off the unit due to the pressure - so I had to hold the noozle while using the air flosser. I think as you keep using and changing the nozzle, the unit becomes loose. I'm hoping that Phillips have improved this now and the replacement unit seems to be working fine but it's still early days (about 3 weeks from receiving the replacement unit). I'm noticing it is more tight now - so hopefully the nozzle won't come off.

Philips S.Philips

Hello James, thank you for your question and for your interest in the AirFloss. We can appreciate your concerns and are glad you shared them here. We can imagine that the example of LeonDonSOD40 confirms your worries. Do keep in mind, though, that you will find mostly customers with negative experiences sharing their stories online. Having said that, the AirFloss uses advanced micro-droplet technology which indeed makes it a bit fragile. However, when maintained properly, the AirFloss should definitely last for a much longer time. By the way, did you know you get one more year of warranty when you register your AirFloss on our website? We hope this reassures you a bit.

Ken

Kenasked

Sonicare AirFloss

I have a Phillips Sonicare Airfloss HX 8240 The yellow warning light is flashing but it will not recharge. Please advise
I purchased it 21st October 2016 with a 2 year International Warranty

LeonDonSOD40

Your symptom is different to that I experienced on the two failures. With both the battery was charging without apparent problem. When upper floss button was depressed a jet of air and water was ejected beginning with a short series of jets before the on light extinguished then a single jet and very low pressure until after about 36 hours both would fail to work. After my experiences with two I and seeing early life failure is being experienced by other users and mindful of its premium price compared to other similar products I opted to buy a cheaper croduct which has good reviews and early failure not an apparent problem. I have had good experience with Philips electric toothbrushes. I presume you have contacted the manufacturer. I can only rate Phillips costumer service for a similar problem with Garmin who agreed that the early failure was outside the guarantee period but as a gesture on return of the faulty item sent a replacement. Hope that helps you in your decision making.

gardenscent

Best to call Phillips' customer service. You will be required to provide the serial number of your unit and when you purchased the item. I got a replacement unit and so far the replacement unit is working well (just under 2 weeks).

Hi Ken,

Thank you for reaching us here. Have you tried resetting the brush handle by pressing the power button for 5 seconds and then charging it for 24 hours? If this is of no help, please reach out to our customer service directly at 1300 363 391 for Australia or 0800 658 224 for New-Zealand.

John

Johnasked

Sonicare AirFloss HX8240

The battery on my HX8240 flosser does not hold it's charge. Is it possible to obtain a new battery? Also it has developed an odd taste, almost like a chemical. It has not been used with anything but water. Any ideas on that.

Philips S.Philips

Hello, John. Thank you for your question. We regret hearing you are experiencing some issues with your Airfloss. Unfortunately, the battery of the Airfloss cannot be replaced. It's also odd to hear that yours had a strange taste since you only use water. We would like to ask you to ring us to handle the issue further and to discuss your options with the failing battery. You can reach us at 1300 363 391.

Bob

Bobasked

Sonicare AirFloss HX8211/06 (AirFloss 1.5)

how long before I have to replace the nozzle?

Philips S.Philips

Good question, Bob. We recommend you to replace your nozzle after 3 months of normal use. At this point the nozzle will be less effective and ready to pass the task on to the next nozzle. We hope this answers your question.

Milts

Miltsasked

Sonicare AirFloss

How do I get a full refund for HX8430 model?? I have the receipt.

The product has an obvious design flaw and is not fit for purpose. 4 breakdowns in 5 months.. purchased on 3/3/17 now the 4 th unit has stopped working.. Phillips remove this product before anymore people purchase a very flawed product.

Philips S.Philips

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out here and we're very sorry to hear that you have been experiencing so many issues with your HX8430. Did you try to charge the toothbrush for 24 hours yet? Perhaps this can result in a properly working Sonicare again. If this doesn't work, we think you'll be helped fastly if you reach out to us via phone. If you reside in Australia, please call 1300 363 391, and if you are based in New Zealand please get in touch with the team via 0800 658 224. If you have been in contact with us before, please share the reference number with the team. Thank you!

Glen Wescott

Glen Wescottasked

Sonicare AirFloss HX8240

The customer service told me to buy a charger from the philips store online, so I dropped another $20-30 on that, when it arrived, it did not fix it. I contacted customer service about returning the charger, but they do not handle that so she won't help me. I have spent so much time and money on this product, a shame because it works so well I want to keep using it, but I can't afford to spend this kind regularly to replace it, it would be cheaper to just go to the dentist and get my teeth cleaned. Currently searching for a new brand - any recommendations? I tried to Airpik but it's not very good pressure-wise.

Glen

Philips S.Philips

Hello Glen, we're sorry to hear about the difficulties you have experienced. We like to have another look at this and see if we can help you. Could you please send us a message on Facebook/Twitter? Or contact our Sonicare team here: http://www.philips.com.au/content/B2C/en_AU/support-home/support-contact-page.html

Looking forward to your reply.

Ducthai

Ducthaiasked

Sonicare AirFloss HX8240

i have lost my base charger unit. could anyone please help which are other devices using the same charger unit like this one. there is one product on ebay :"Phillips Sonicare Travel Charger, HX60000/01" im just wondering does it fit. Please give me an advice. I really appreciate it!!

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, thanks for asking. We advise you to call us on 1300 363 391 (if you are based in Australia). We like to get in touch and see if we can help you.

Philips S.Philips

Or you can order the charger here: http://www.parts.philips.com.au/personal-care/oral-healthcare/airfloss/sonicare-travel-charger-australia.html

Judy

Judyasked

Sonicare AirFloss HX8240

I have a Phillips Sonicare HX8240 and communicated with the Phillips website by chat that mine is working fine but I have misplaced the "hatch" that covers the liquid you use to floss and want a replacement hatch. They claim they cannot send that, don't sell it and only offered a 15% off coupon for a future purchase. Seriously, there are no "hatches" out there for purchase or to send to make a customer happy? My unit currently works fine as I had received for a gift about 2 years ago, but it took me awhile to start using it. I did like it when it was functional.
Australia, can you mail me a hatch? USA customer service does not live up to this website. If the unit is so bad that they have made newer models, why is there no leftover hatch? And let's certainly hope they have made the Hatch as an attached unit on future models. The clear hatch blends in with any countertop!

Philips S.Philips

Hi Judy, good you've found us here and that you've already been in contact with the USA customer service team. We're sorry to hear that the hatch of your AirFloss is misplaced. As the Philips Australia Team, we're afraid we cannot do anything in this situation. As much as we'd like to help you, we're only able to help customers resided in Australia or New Zealand. We advise you to contact the USA customer service team again if you're not satisfied with the solution provided. We hope for your understanding.

Tracey Rosato

Tracey Rosatoasked

Sonicare AirFloss HX8211/06 (AirFloss 1.5)

Sonicare air floss er has stopped working not 1 but 2 units. Is there anyway of fixing? It just doesn't push air out after a couple of months. Very disappointed in the product.

Hi Tracy,

How unfortunate! Maybe there is something we can do to help though! We'd recommend to contact our call centre at 1300 363 391 for further assistance. If you still have warranty on the units, we feel confident that they will be able to help out.

droshani

droshaniasked

Sonicare AirFloss HX8240

I got this product as gift in early 2014, and then i used it for a while I got so depended to it and enjoyed it. I travelled to US from Europe, When I got to my Hotel I realised that the AirFloss does not work anymore. It sounded like it passed the airport security and something happened to it. I called Philips and I busy with life and never checked this with Philips, I just opened my bags to pack for another trip I found my forgotten HX8240. I tried to find out if I can repair and I landed on this website.
It charges well but no action when I click to use :( I used it only couple months. So I am not sure whether it was the product of the airport security things. Any ideas?

Hi there,

Thank you for your review and sorry to hear that your Airfloss seems to be broken. Could you please check if this page is of any help?

If it's not, please contact us via Facebook or Twitter (@PhilipsCare) so we can see if we can assist you from here on out.

The Philips Australia Team

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives