Philips Airfryer XL Digital HD9240/30 (White)

Philips Airfryer XL Digital HD9240/30 (White) Questions & Answers

MPN: 35905415

38 questions from our users

Mien

Mienasked

XL Digital HD9240/30 (White)

I have the 9206 ad, what accessories would fit?

Philips S.Philips

Hi Mien, thank you for reaching out. We're super to happy to hear you have added the 9206ad to you personal collection. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us directly: (AU) 1300 363 391 or (NZ) 0800 658 224.

Mahmood k.asked

XL Digital HD9240/30 (White)

It's a good machine. Now days it's internal circuits is not working, also the fan moter. I checked the circuits two resistant and moter transformer is not working. From where I checked the circuits.
mahprofgood@gmail.com

Hello Mahmood,

Thank you for getting in touch. We're sorry to hear your Airfryer isn't working properly. For further assistance, please feel free to reach out to our product specialists at 1300 363 391 (Australia) or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand), so they can take a look at it for you. They'll be happy to help.

Mahmood k.

Sorry I am resident of Pakistan Lahore. Please only send me the pics of internal circuits and its resistance values. Equally the resistance be out of order not working its colour are not detected, especially two resistance I think about 33 ohm or K ohm of 1watt.
Thanks for your response
Again thanks

Philips S.Philips

Hi Mahmood, in that case, please feel free to reach out to us directly via social media. We’re available 24/7 on Facebook (https://philips.to/fb247) and Twitter (https://philips.to/tw247). Alternatively, you can reach out to us via the contact page on our website (https://philips.to/2XeizXO). One of our colleagues will then try their best to help you further.

Hope to speak to you soon.
Philips Australia Team

Charlie B.

Charlie B.asked

XL Digital HD9240/30 (White)

Just bought the XL HD9240 and seen there is grill plate accessory which i was wondering if on my model is the handle interchangeable to use this accessory?

Philips S.Philips

Hi Charlie, thanks for taking the time to reach out to us here with your question. In order to assess compatibility of an accessory with your Airfryer, we do require a bit more information. Therefore, it would be great if you could reach out to us on one of our social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter @PhilipsCare). Our colleagues there are available 24/7, and that way pictures can be included in the conversation as well. Alternatively, you could reach out to our colleagues on one of the following numbers:

AU 1300 363 391
NZ 0800 658 224

We hope to hear from you.

Feroza

Ferozaasked

XL Digital HD9240/30 (White)

Hi I have the Phillip's hd9240 rapid air fryer.
I set the timer and temperature but the fan doesn't switch on. What could the problem be? The fryer is still fairly new. About 2 months only.

Larue
Larue

The fan switches on as soon as you turn it on if not than you have a fault return product to shop.

Hi there Feroza,

Thanks for reaching out to us here and sorry to read about the difficulties you're currently experiencing with your Airfryer. In order to investigate this matter more thoroughly, we kindly ask you to reach out to our Care Team via 1300 363 391 (0800 658 224 if you're in New Zealand). That is the quickest way to get in touch with our experts and find out if the fan is indeed broken or if there's something else that can be done to get the issue fixed. They'll be more than happy to assist you with this!

Abdo A

Abdo Aasked

Dear Sir,
I have air fryer ( 9206AD - 4 // Type HD 9240 , 2095 watt , White )
fan is not working, what can i do for solve it?
I want to know fan specifications such as voltage, amps, so i can test it alone or replace it.

Philips S.Philips

Hi Abdo, thanks for reaching out to us regarding this. We'd advise against tinkering with the device yourself, as we can't guarantee your safety, and the quality of the device if original parts have been altered, or the device has been opened up. But please know that we're more than willing to see how we can help you in this situation. Could you instead give us a call on 1300 363 391 (AU), or on 0800 658 224 (NZ)?

Don C

Don Casked

XL Digital HD9240/30 (White)

Bought a brand new Phillips 9240. On the first use, the fan stopped working while cooking. Now, element comes on and heats up but no fan running. Any ideas?

Philips S.Philips

Hi Don, thanks for reaching out. First of all, great to hear that you've chosen the Airfryer XL. That's a mighty beast, at least when it's working properly. We're afraid that there's something wrong with your machine, and therefore we kindly recommend you to contact either the store or our customer care. If you prefer reaching out to us, we kindly recommend you to reach out to our product specialists on 1300 363 391 if you're based in Australia or on 0800 658 224 if you're based in New Zealand. Please know that you can always reach out to our customer care on Facebook or Twitter (@PhilipsCare) as well.

Anisa

Anisaasked

XL Digital HD9240/30 (White)

My air fryer showing er, why?

Hello there, Anisa.

Thank you for reaching out to us here. We regret hearing that you are facing issues with your AirFryer. We recommend contacting our team directly via phone, because this way we might be able to solve this matter faster.

Australia: 1300 363 391
Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST

In New Zealand: 0800 658 224
Mondays to Saturdays: 9:00 am - 9:00 pm

Our colleagues on the line would love to hear from you soon.

Lisa

Lisaasked

Hi there
I have a HD 9240 XL Philips Air fryer and I love it. Recently it has started turning itself off in the middle of cooking. Just wondering why it is doing this. It is still like new inside and I can't see anything that would be making it do this. Any ideas?
Cheers

Philips S.Philips

Hi Lisa, thanks for contacting us about this. It's great to hear you love your Airfryer so much. But it might be best to get in touch with our product specialists regarding this matter. You could reach out directly through 1300 363 391 if you're located. If you're located elsewhere, feel free to find us on http://philips.com/support/.

Wendy
Wendy

Mine shuts off in the middle of cooking also.

Megan
Megan

What happened with this my XXL just started doing this

carol smith69

carol smith69asked

XL Digital HD9240/30 (White)

How do you use the favorite button on a Phillips XL airfryer please? I didn't get instructions when I purchased it.

Philips S.Philips

Hey Carol, thanks for your question!

You could find it in the instruction manual if you search for the 'Preset Button'. You could do so by pressing Ctrl + F (or Cmd + F if you're a Mac-user) and typing 'preset button'. You'll then find it.

If you require our help further, please reach out to us on 1300 363 391 or http://philips.com/support/.

Sheza

Shezaasked

XL Digital HD9240/30 (White)

I buy Philips airfryer xl I use it twice the air come from front the gape between basket and machine is this normal?

Hi Sheza,

Do we understand correctly that there is a gap between the basket and the base? This should be minimum. We'd recommend to contact our customer service centre at 1300 363 391 to get this looked into.

Irerasked

XL Digital HD9240/30 (White)

I purchased my airfryer XL in 2014 but had only started using it more frequently last year. My children now love the food that is cooked in the airfryer. But the timer kept stopping and the airfryer has stopped completely. Just when I find something the kids will eat and it breaks down. Its too expensive to replace after 3 years of intermittent use. It should last longer than that. What are my cheaper options other than buying a new airfryer? Or do I just go back to using the oven?

Hi Iris,

Thanks for reaching out. We understand that it's not always easy to appease to everyone when cooking, especially with children around. It's great to hear that the Airfryer did make this an easier task throughout the time that you've been using it.

We can also see that purchasing a new one might not be an option at the moment, but we'd still like to advise to contact our customer support on what's possible concerning a reparation to get your Airfryer XL in great shape again.

If you're located in Australia, please feel free to reach out to us on 1300 363 391. Or if you're located elsewhere you could find us through: http://philips.com/support/.

GMTOZ
GMTOZ

Hi there,

You should be aware of your consumer rights here. Although your warranty has expired, you may have still have rights under Australian Consumer Law (ACL). My experience with Philips is not good in this regard and I am lodging a complaint with Fair trading the ACCC. Under ACL a product has to be of acceptable quality. It has to last for a 'reasonable; period of time (which may or may not be longer than the express warranty period). Given that i. according to the authorised repair agent who looked at my dead Airfryer there is a known problem with the power supply of earlier models; ii. your somewhat intermittent use (which can be considered in considering a reasonable period of time); and iii. 3 years is not a long time for a reasonably expensive item - you may be covered for replacement or refund under ACL regardless of the expiry of the Philips warranty.

I do suggest you speak to Philips to see what they offer. However, I believe that Philips should be doing more to comply with their ACL obligations. If you are not satisfied with what they offer you have the option to speak to Fair Trading and ultimately to lodge a case with your local small claims tribunal (e.g NCAT in NSW, VCAT in Victoria) - this is a low cost option to address issues like this and they will enforce the ACL.

G

Irer

I have just called the phone number that Philips recommended I call in Australia. Despite me saying that I know the airfryer is past the warranty period, the customer support team member (in the Phillipines) said because I do not have a receipt there is nothing that can be done. I tried to explain that since it is 3 years old what use is having a reciept?
He would not listen to me and I am now waiting for response by an 'escalation team' in Australia.

Thank you to G for your reply to my question. My reference to your information was the only reason he is passing on my details to an escalation team.
Thank you also to Philips for responding to my question, but the customer support could not give me any advise on getting my airfryer XL in great shape again.

sprokleasked

XL Digital HD9240/30 (White)

Philips Avance Collection Airfryer XL is about 2 years old. Went to use it on the weekend & its dead. Nothing turns on, no lights. looks like this is a conmen problem from all the reviews online. could this be a fuse & if so is it easy to access ??
We had the option to purchase a cheaper brands but bought a Phillips thinking it would last a long time .... seems we were wrong. Disappointed.

Philips S.Philips

Hi sprokle, thank you for your question. We can imagine that a non functioning Airfryer is not the best way to start your weekend. If you could give us a call on 1300 363 391, we would love to see what we can do to get it up and running again.

sprokle

Thank you Philips Team, I rang & spoke to a very nice gentlemen who took the time to address my issues. He booked my machine in to a nearby repair shop for assessment. I was very pleased with the care taken & the way my call was handled. I will post an update once I get my machine back.

Perllie

Perllieasked

XL Digital HD9240/30 (White)

My Philips Avance Collection Airfryer XL cooking pan has been spoiled (the one underneath basket). I wonder where can I get a replacement for it? The bottom part of the pan has been scratched and due to healthy problem, I don't want to keep using the same pan so I wonder where can I get a new one of that.

Hi Perllie,

Thanks for making us aware of what happened. We can imagine your concern and we would recommend to contact our call centre for this. You can reach them at 1300 363 391.

Kind regards.

Dianne

Dianneasked

Hi

My machines timer increases by itself to t0 minutes and then turns off by itself . I need to wait a few miutes and then it will start again. It will work for a few minutes and then switch off. How do I get this repaired? Cannot live without my air fryer

Hello Dianne,

Thanks for submitting your question here. Nice that you cannot live without it, we take that as a compliment. :) We are afraid that the unit needs to be repaired. Could you please reach out to our call centre at 1300 363 391 please? Our colleagues there would be happy to set this in motion if you would be interested. Thanks.

torque-2

torque-2asked

XL Digital HD9240/30 (White)

Just got mine from the Good Guys. Having Googled the product I am at a loss to find a reason for :-
Recipe Book is so poor compared to the USA/Canadian version. Two Thirds taken up by foreign language.
The same goes for the Instructions on a piece of "Flimsy" paper.
Why a DIVIDER part for the basket is not available as an accessory in Australia?
Plus the others that are available in North America.

Hi there,

Thanks for buying our Airfryer. Our product team tries to find the best combinations for each different market, but we don't have any details available for the differences between the markets. You might want to discuss this with our product team at 1300 363 391. Our agents will be happy to help you out.

Carolynasked

XL Digital HD9240/30 (White)

Can the mesh be removed from the basket to allow cleaning of built up grease between the wall of the basket and mesh?

Tanya
Tanya

Hi no it is fixed to the basket thanks Tanya

Carolyn

Thats what i thought. I didn't want to force it. Thank u

Hi Carolyn,

Thank you for your query. It depends on which basket you have, but at the standard models they cannot be removed. Please contact us at 1300 363 391 if you have any doubts.

Lisa Vasked

XL Digital HD9240/30 (White)

Hi I just received the Avance collection XL model for Christmas and may I say I'm loving it so hopefully I don't have problems in the future as the above reviews. My question is that I'm wanting to buy the grill pan but everywhere I look it says it uses the same handle as the basket so in other words it doesn't come with a handle. But you can't remove the handle , well I don't think you can and there are also no instructions on how to do so. Also no instructions on how to or if you should clean inside above the basket where the heat and fan are. Can you help me out please?

Blah blah
Blah blah

I don't have the grill pan but I have an extra rack. It just drops into the existing basket. The grill pan probably does the same thing. As for cleaning the top bit, I looked it up on google. You tip the unit upside down so you can see the element and clean it that way.

Lisa V

Yes I have that also, it no the grill pan has a handle and sits in by itself not in the basket.

Philips S.Philips

Hi Lisa, great to hear that you're happy with your Christmas present! It's correct that on the XL you can't remove the handle, the following grill pan accessory (HD9911/90) comes with a handle though: http://bit.ly/2iEzywI You can find the leaflet of this accessory here: http://philips.to/2iLupmZ
As for the cleaning and maintenance of your Airfryer, you can find instructions on how to clean the inside of your Airfryer here: http://philips.to/2iExBAz
Hope this answers your questions! If not, please let us know, we're more than happy to assist you!

aussie

aussieasked

XL Digital HD9240/30 (White)

Hi, can you please tell me what the coating is? is it teflon?

Henry
Henry

Sorry I have no idea what it is!

Hi there aussie,

thank you for your question. Our team of product experts will be happy to inform you on this, would you mind getting in touch with them through 1300 363 391?

Kind regards,
the Philips Australia team.

Countrygirl56
Countrygirl56

Yes, it is teflon, but after a while the coating from cooking is very difficult to clean because it sticks to the wire netting type surface.
Countrygirl

shopgirl

shopgirlasked

XL Digital HD9240/30 (White)

Very happy to see the grill pan accessory is now readily available in Australia. Can you please advise if it will fit my HD9240 model?

Philips S.Philips

Hi there! To get straight to the point: unfortunately it doesn't. This accessory will fit HD96xx range Airfryers. Accessories for your model can be found here: http://bit.ly/2eXjRMI. :)

Kind regards,
the Philips Australia team.

Stephanie

Stephanieasked

XL Digital HD9240/30 (White)

Hi, why I couldn't turn on my airfryer?

Hello Stephanie,

We're not quite sure but we would like to see how we could help of course. Would you perhaps mind reaching out to our colleagues on 1300 363 391 (if you're in Australia), or 0800 658 224 (for New Zealand). They would love to see how we could best help you further with this.

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team.

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives