RACQ Roadside Assistance

RACQ Roadside Assistance Questions & Answers

Steve R
Steve R

Can I add an additional vehicle to my RACQ Roadside Assist policy? If so, how?

Owen L.
Owen L.

Can RACQ membership be paid with afterpay?

Judyc
Judyc

Do I have to use an RACQ approved repairer for my car or caravan if damaged?

Jeff O.
Jeff O.

Is it possible to replace a radiator?

bev R.
bev R.

If i buy car insurance do i get roadside assitance

Hi Bev,
No you don’t, you have to buy it separately. Buyer beware though, so shop around.

Hazel B.
Hazel B.

How many tows allowed in one year?

Romano L.
Romano L.

Hi, My question is if my vehicle has broken down and the clutch is completely broken and can not be driven who should i contact in RACQ to have the vehicle picked up and brought to my repairer?

Andrew
Andrew

I would get a quote to see how much it costs to get it towed to your repairer by a towing company first it’s about $240 for a year roadside assistance and a tow up to 20 ks in qld with racq not sure how many tows a year but u would have the road side assistance for a year

Raz
Raz

I think it’s obvious RACQ don’t give a flying f about their customers, they don’t even have a brand manager to respond here

Sammyjo b.
Sammyjo b.

I've lost my keys

BBAG
BBAG

I have just sold my car in Brisbane so I don't currently have a QLD registered vehicle for my road service, I have another car registered and garaged in the ACT, can I transfer the road service account to the ACT vehicle?

Matthew C.
Matthew C.

Tonight I broke down on the Nerang Beaudesert Rd near cununra on the Gold coast and I joined RACQ. The team on the telephone were awesome and I was greatful. But Hoppy the guy who helped me out was amazing. Such a decent bloke who I felt very lucky to have come along. Completely professional and friendly and an all round nice bloke. Thanks again mate. I really appreciate your help

Derro

I am planning a trip to far outback Queensland. I drive a GXL Prado. I use 95 octane petrol and have for many years. I know that the 95 is not available in most of the western towns. I have read tonight in a chat engine that it is OK to add an octane booster to 91 to get the rating up to 95. Is this possible, where do I get it and is it safe to use?. I await your comments. Neil.

PhilDicko

Try this mate, stock up before you go:

Derro

Thank you very much. I had forgotten all about my query.

PhilDicko

You’re most welcome Neil, hope the trip went well.
Phil

Tina M.
Tina M.

Do I have to pay for roadside assistance if I'm a member

Tony M.
Tony M.

Does racq cover the nt

Shirley R

i need a new battery do i need to wait till it breaks down all together or can i have this replaced without waiting to this point

Jos
Jos

My issue was the batteries in my 2 keys not my car battery. I got these replaced at a local mister minute key cutting business. I hope this helps
Cheers

Shirley R

No as my battery was tested months ago where it was flagged to get a new battery as it was down to 25%. My keys ... battery replaced and second one was replaced all up.

Shirley R

Can you please advise fo i have to wait till my battery dies or can I call roadside assist to replace before death

Kay
Kay

I want to set up RACQ Road Side Assistance for my boss , what information do I need from him

Brandie F.
Brandie F.

How much does it cost for roadside assistance as my mum and sister in law pay two different amounts.

$ 99

Michelle P

Has anyone had to have an RACQ Car Battery replaced by RACQ when original battery was still under Warranty? I would like to know what Warranty was given to you on the new battery?

J.L.G
J.L.G

I just had RACQ car battery replaced under their 2 year warranty and they said they would only give me 6 months warranty on the new battery. I called RACQ to complain about this but they didn't care. So I'm about to lodge a formal complaint to ACCC.

Scott M.
Scott M.

Just had a battery replaced. Getting it replaced in the first place was a complete debacle! I was told that they don't offer ANY additional warranty on the new battery. I'll be taking this up with the relevant authority.

Michelle P

Many thanks to J.L.G. & Scott M for answering my query. From what both of you said that is exactly what I was advised also.

marilynweate
marilynweate

Yes. But some are good, some are not.

Michelle P

Are the RACQ employees who are called out to a job mechanics?

NO MONEY MAKING MACHINES

Michael D
Michael D

Does roadside assist cover me if I am driving another car?

Neil

To have assist cover for any vehicle you may drive the fee is Over double the normal fee - $212 instead of $99.

Get an answer from our members and RACQ representatives