Britax Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard PRO

Britax Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard PRO Questions & Answers

74 questions from our users

royboy

royboyasked

where can i buy a new buckle for a maxi guard pro.ours is broken

Kylie

You will need to contact britax for a mew replacement might be covered under warranty I got new covers through them not long ago

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi royboy, thanks for your message. For spare parts, pricing and availability, please email au-support@britax.com

Anna

Annaasked

Hi there, can the maxi guard pro convert to a booster seat using the cars seatbelt as restraint rather than the 5 point harness? My son is starting school and can’t unlock or do up the 5 point harness by himself. Yet when I pick him up to be in the car line he needs to be able to get himself in and out of the car. Thank you

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Anna, thanks for your question. The Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard Pro is a harnessed forward facing car seat, and not a convertible booster therefore, the 5 point harness cannot be removed. Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

Mel

Melasked

I’m just wondering what is the difference between the Maxi Guard Pro and the Maxi Guard please?

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Mel, thanks for your question. The main difference is the Maxi Guard Pro has SICT in the head and torso section, comes with cup holders and has the thermo 5 bamboo fabric. The Maxi Guard has AHR in the head rest however does not have the same features as the Maxi Guard Pro. If you have any further questions, please feel free to email au-support@britax.com
Kind regards, the Brotax Childcare team.

Tess

Tessasked

What is the different between Britax Safe N Sound Maxi Guard Pro and Britax Safe N Sound Maxi Guard Pro+ ? Is Pro+ cushion has more filling than Pro?

Kylie

The main and only difference between the Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard PRO Plus & the Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard PRO is the fabric. Both have thermo 5 fabric however the Plus series has memory foam on the inside to deliver premium comfort for your child.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Tess, thanks for your question. The Maxi Guard Pro Plus series has the Thermo 5 fabric with memory foam on inside of the fabric and also a quilted look on the insert whereas the Maxi Guard Pro also has the Thermo 5 fabric however does not have the memory foam on the inside of trim. Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

Marty

Martyasked

Hi, the shoulder / waist straps were removed for cleaning by my partner and we can’t get them back on. Any tips on the configuration.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Marty, thanks for your question. Please feel free to email us your contact details so we can further assist you with re attaching the harness on your Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard Pro. Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

Goli

Goliasked

Hi, is this seat compatible with European cars? I got an SUV Audi

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Goli, thanks for your question. I believe you have also emailed us, we have already responded to your email. Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

Roberta

Robertaasked

Hi. I have a 6 month old baby and I am looking for a car seat. Is a forward facing suitable for her age? I will need a car seat in 2 months, so she will be 8 months old. Thank you!

Kylie

Hi no a rear facing seat is best for a 6mth old till at least a minimum of 2yrs and max 4yrs it’s a lot safer too my 18mth old is still rear facing in his Britax B First seat there are some really good extended rear facing seats out there the Millenia is good also also the Graphene both britax seats my 3 1/2 yr old loves rear facing also

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Roberta, thanks for your question. Britax does not recommend forward facing for infants at the age of 6 months and to keep a child rear facing until at least approx 12months or in extended rear facing until 2-3 years approx. Keeping in mind, the current 2013STD tests to height and age, age being a guide and height being the rule. If you have any further questions, please feel free to email au-support@britax.com.

Jonasked

I have a small car (Ford Focus) and would like to find a car seat that will fit my 3 year old, but keep her rear facing as long as possible. Has anyone successfully installed this rear facing in a smaller car?

Kylie

My mum has a Ford Focus n I have put all 3 of my seats in her car only recently I have 2x maxi guard pros and a rear facing B first all britax seats
The maxi guard pros don’t rear face tho they are from 6mths to 8 yrs forward facing my 14mth still doesn’t reach the entry for a maxi guard pro they are really more for 18mths plus

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Jon, thanks for your question. The Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard PRO is a forward facing seat only from 6months-8years approx. Most of our rear facing convertible car seats have extended rear facing however only until 2-3years approx however, age is used as a guide and height is used as a rule. If you have any further questions, please feel free to email au-support@britax.com

Jon

Thank you for your response, that’s really helpful info. Cheers.

Shell

Shellasked

Can you put two Maxi Guard Pro’s next to each other as they both have side impact air bags?

Yes I have 3 in one car and 2 in the other with a britax b first on side

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Shell, thanks for your question. Yes, you are able to have two Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard Pro’s next to each other. Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

NotBuyingWhirlpool

NotBuyingWhirlpoolasked

What's the max shoulder height for this unit? My 3yo has outgrown the Britax Safe-n-Sound Compaq so am looking for something with a bit more room to grow

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi NotBuyingWhirlpool, thanks for your question. The height marker specification are listed on our website (link provided below)
https://www.britax.com.au/car-seats/britax-safe-n-sound-maxi-guard-pro/ and the exit marker is 510m approx.

Vanessa M.asked

I purchased the maxi guard pro for my almost 4 year old daughter a few months back everything was perfect until she started telling me it’s hurting her private, i had a look and the two little straps on the buckle isn’t near there but on her legs i’ve tried putting her clothes etc under it but doesn’t seem to make much difference, my daughter is a bit bigger for her age though is there anything else that could be wrong that i can’t? Or anything i can do to stop it hurting her? Tia

Kylie

Do you have the buckle guard fabric piece on it try removing it if you do or try adding it back on if it’s not on ☺️
If bought new should have come with one ☺️

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Vanessa M. Thanks for your message. If you can please email au-support@britax.com so we can speak with you directly and help to point you in the right direction.Kind regards,the Britax Childcare team.

Vanessa M.

Done that exact thing today i pulled it all apart not long ago to clean it and didn’t put that bit back on right so alls perfect again thank god silly me can’t seem to function lately thanks so much

amie Hill

amie Hillasked

Is it possible to fit 2x Maxi Guard Pro+ and 1x Rear Facing Graphene across the back of a Toyota Prado??? or what would be the safest combination of 3 carseats for a newborn, 4 year old, 2 year old?

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi amie Hill, thanks for question. Thank you for your email. We don’t have a list of cars which our products can be used in. Please feel free to email us au-support@britax.com so we can provide you with some helpful tips in order to see which configuration will work best for you. Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

Shell

Shellasked

I was advised to get the Maxi Guard as opposed to the Maxi Guard Pro as it is narrower. However I went to Baby Bunting who said that they are actually the exact same width. Can you please advise me of the size differences between the two, and also any other differences. Thanks

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Shell, thanks for your question. Please email us at au-support@britax.com and request a product comparison for the two seats so we can provide you with some valuable information on the specification and product differences. Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

Bec26W

Bec26Wasked

After reading reviews of Maxi-Guard a few people commented that their child is able to undo the harness, has anything been changed with the safety harness on the Maxi-Guard Pro to prevent this issue?

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Bec26W, thanks for question. Please understand that each enquiry or question is treated as a case by case situation. In some cases, we will suggest that consumer tries cleaning the crotch buckle as per the instruction manual under the care and maintenance section or we suggest that consumers send us photos to ensure that the seated is adjusted correctly according to the child shoulder height and head position as this can have a allow a child to get themselves out of a harness if not correctly adjusted. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

Dani H.

Dani H.asked

Hi, I'd like to know how big the maxi guard pro is and whether it will fit on our suzuki swift extreme?

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Dani H. Thanks for your question. I have provided with a link from our website. If you scroll to the bottom of the page, you will find a range of tabs and will need to click on the tab which says "All product features" where you will find a diagram of the seat with the dimensions.
We do not have a list of cars that are compatible with our restraints. We would recommend that you either visit your local baby retail store to see the seat or you can contact a car seat fitter for further advice.

Claire P.

Claire P.asked

Hi, wondering if this car seat will fit into a 2019 Nissan Navara Double cab back seat? Thanks

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Claire, thanks for your question. The Maxi Guard Pro should be compatible with your vehicle however I would recommend that you visit your local baby store and try the seat in your vehicle to ensure suitability. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Lynasked

How did the maxi guard pro rate in the latest RACV safety testing?

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Lyn, thanks for your question. Ratings and testings are only conducted through independent companies such as RACV therefore, you will need to clarify this with RACV. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

Lyn

Thankyou for your reply. I assumed u would have a copy of the testing performed on your car seats and would be happy to disclose them on the public forum

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

hi Lyn, please contact out consumer support line on 1300 303 330 and ask for Alyssia so I can explain this to you. Kind regards, The Britax Safe-n-Sound team.

Kristy G.

Kristy G.asked

Hi, I am looking at purchasing the Maxi Guard Pro+. I'm just wondering how many of these can fit across the back seat of a hyundai i30?

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Kristy G. Thanks for your question. please see below the measurements of the Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard Pro+:
Max height: 865mm approx.
Width (from the widest point of the seat) 460mm approx.
Depth: 505mm approx.
If there is anything further we can assist you with, please feel free to contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

Shanice A
Shanice A

What is the size of the base? This information isn’t on the Britax Aus website... this would be helpful if it was. None of these dimensions are on the website, in fact.

Fiona C.

Fiona C.asked

Where do I buy this product?

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Fiona C. Thanks for your question. Please head to our website www.britax.com,au and under this product, if you click on the "where to buy" tab you should be able to see a list of stores close by your current address of where to find the Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard Pro. if you have any further questions please feel free to contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

Mcbasked

I have two questions.
1. Can the vehicle seat be reclined somewhat to make the seat slightly more reclined than its recline position or does this interfere with the operation of the seat during a crash?

2. Can the metal clip for the top tether connect directly to the car's tether anchor point or do we need to install the bolt and anchor point that came with the seat into the cars? I assumed the bolt and connect is only needed if the veh8clr does not have it's own anchor point but the manual reads differently.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Mcb, thanks for your questions.
1. The seat has two positions, upright and a semi recline however this is dependent on your vehicles back seat angle. If you have a specific vehicle where the back seat can recline further back, our restraints have only been tested in a standard reclined seat however please contact our consumer support team and ask for Alyssia so I can discuss this with you in further detail.

2. Yes, the tether strap connects directly onto the cars anchor point. The anchor bolt is an included accessory and is only used if required if you have an older style vehicle that does not have an anchor point (bar) attachment.

Mcb

Thanks. Yes my vehicle 2008 Nissan Pathfinder can have the seatback more reclined and this is what I was wondering about. The default seatback position is very straight and upright so I'm wondering if I can recline it slightly.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Mcb, as per my above response, please call our consumer support line on 1300 303 330 and ask for Alyssia so I can assist you further.

Get an answer from our members and Britax Safe-n-Sound representatives