Skamper Kampers Questions & Answers

NSW, Emu Plains, VIC, Dandenong South, ACT, Fyshwick, etc...

9 questions from our users

Ian S.

Ian S.asked

NSW, Emu Plains

When are you relaunching Skamper Kampers again?

Azza

Azzaasked

Looking to buy a 2018 ultimate dingo. Have a GU 3.0ltr Patrol. Wondering if this is adequate to tow the Ultimate given the weight of 1680kgs tare?

Absolutely. The T
trailer weighs 1670km and the AGM is 2100 kg.

Cristian E.

Cristian E.asked

NSW, Emu Plains

Hi, looking at the Ranger XL. With the electric braking. Do I need to install electric brake control in the car? If so, is this something you guys do?

COREY

COREYasked

What is the best after market bearings, shockers, drums and brakes to on a dingo?

Hi Corey,

Thanks for your Enquiry! Please see below our suggestions:

>> The bearings are Dexter 2 Tonne : Part # Outer 15123 Inner Part #25580
>> Brake drums to suit 12" Dexter Bearings
>> Shocks are Toyota FJ40 front shocks

Hope this helps!

Hello Corey,

My poor opinion of Skamper is a matter of record; that said i cannot fault the standard suspension of Skamper Camper's on the Ranger XL. I have not taken mine off road in any serious way but it has handled some pretty rough graded roads without issue. Unfortunately my Ranger XL still has the original faults including the replaced skirt which does not even come close to fitting.

happy camping

Weekendwarrior

Weekendwarriorasked

looking at buying a second hand skamper kamper nomad 2014 with the 12 foot tent. I see the tent hasn't changed to today's version which sits on the 2018 ranger etc (or has it? is it the exact same tent / canvas etc?) and I see the nomads trailer is slightly smaller lighter than the current ranger version. Just curious why they stopped making the nomad and the main differences between the nomad and the current ranger. I can't find many reviews about the nomad on the net and am wondering if there was some some of problem with it?

Thx

Hello Weekendwarrior,

Thanks for the question but I am not in a position to answer it. I Know absolutely nothing about the "nomad" and i have equally no idea why Skamper would cease making it. My knowledge of Skamper Kampers is limited to my own experience of defective product and or design and even worse after sales service. They finally replaced the ill fitting skirt with a specially redesigned one which, amazingly, still does not fit. I would not have anything to do with them again. Good luck !!

Jason
Jason

if you are not in a position to answer, why don't you be quiet instead???

Jackieasked

Hi was just wondering if you can put the same wheels on the trailer as our Isuzu so we have spares all round thanks Jackie

Hi Jacki,
Not sure what wheel wheels are on your Isuzu.
Wheels we supply are 6 stud Land Cruiser pattern with 0% off set.
Hope this helps.

Sorry it took so long to reply their 255-65 R17 6 stud 0% offset
if we got one built would you be able to put these on? also can you get different colours?
Regards Jackie

Paulasked

Hi Skamper Kamper, my LH tyre rubs on the side of the trailer. I rang after I got my Ranger XL home after picking it up from Melb showroom, and I was advised to just turn the cam on the front of the trailing arm and it would fix it, but the problem was the cam was already maxxed out. If I moved it either way, the tyre would just get closer to the trailer sides. So I just left it and put it in the jobs to do when I get around to it basket. I think it needs a plate approx 6mm behind the stub axle to pack it out (would this be OK to do?). I always meant to drop it around for the Melb boys to look at, ......but, I just didn't get the time and eventually forgot about it, and it would be a couple of hours to get there anyhow. One last question, is my Ranger XL the only one that got A/T tyres? all the others I see had M/T's, they do the same job I spose..... but they do look better on the XL. My XL is now over 12mths old.
Kind Regards

Hi Paul,

It does sound like it could be the cam.
I you could drop the trailer into our branch we would be happy to have a look and if need be supply and fix a plate.
The mud tires were an option on the first Ranger XL.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Customer service

Paul

No worries thanks for the reply.

Damobro91

Damobro91asked

Hey Guys,
My partner and i are looking to upgrade our camper trailer. We have had a rear fold previously and decided it wasn't for us. We are looking for something we can comfortable travel around Australia in. We narrowed it down to a forward fold hard floor. But the prices are quite expensive. I can see the value in them but apart of me sees the money we could save on a soft floor could go towards traveling. My question is, has anyone have any experience with the Ranger XL? How do you find the trailer? We would be after a 9ft tent. How fast is it to set the main tent up? The kwik tent or touring? How are the awnings? Any feedback. I moved away from soft floors earlier as it took us forever to set the one i had up. But i have seen videos of these being very quick. We will be visiting a show room in the near future to have a look but if anyone has some feedback or advice, i'm all ears.
Thanks you in Advance,
Damo

Hi Damo
You could go the the Skamper Kamper facebook page or the Skamper kamper owners group facebook page.
I am sure you plenty of good feed back from these sites.

Cheers

Juston

Justonasked

Gday mate, my old boy bought a camper trailer off you 3 years ago and has never used it or opened its still in its showroom condition. Just wondering when i set it up do i need to water in the canvas and let it dry out properly so it won't leak?

Regards Juston

Hi Juston,

Yes, you have to weather the tent.
IIt is best to wheter the canvas and then let it dry out a few times.
This helps the cotton in the canvas seal up

Cheers