Stock Doctor Questions & Answers

Verifiedlincolnindicators.com.au
mark b.
mark b.

Is this auto trading software
Cheers

Phil
Phil

Definitely not auto trading software. You make the decisions based on your fundamental & technical indicators & parameters you input. However, after using Omnitrader and Metastock for a number of years I have found the Stockdoctor charting/fundamental software the best I have ever used over many successful years of investment and trading, without peer. The funnels of the filters I set up make my decision making quite straightforward though. But the final decisions definitely rest with you.

ziggy
ziggy

Hello, Is it suitable for newbies ?

Kay Hunt

I think it would really help newbies as Lincoln vet the companies for you so you only buy into good strong companies! Their platform is easy to use and lots of tutorials, Im sure they have an offer that you can try for a week before purchasing so are able to see if its for you.

Stock Doctor   DM

Hi ziggy - We have a 14-Day Trial you can sign up for to try the platform. Do visit our Stock Doctor page to find out more and follow the prompts to take up a trial when you're ready: external link  As part of our service, during your trial period, you can also attend our complimentary group online coaching sessions to help you navigate the platform and further build your understanding of our features.

DMC
DMC

I think this is great for newbies. Lots of education to get you going, They do have a risk free trial to see if it suits

Long B.
Long B.

How much would I need to invest annually to make the price tag worth it?

Stock Doctor   DM

Hi Long B - We work with clients of all portfolio sizes and skillsets, the only requirement is a commitment to the market. Stock Doctor can help newer investors to build their skillset in investing and help avoid the common pitfalls, leveraging off the one-on-one coaching and resources available.

For those with established portfolios, Stock Doctor can help manage a portfolio in an efficient way, and help you avoid poor-quality businesses, putting you in a position for consistent returns aligned to the type of investor you are.

Everyone's situation is unique. We would encourage you to speak with one of our team members on 1300 676 333 in further discussing how Stock Doctor can be used for your needs.

pedropitz

You advertise your membership.
But how advanced is your platform and charges for $2K,3K,4K,5k, please?

Stock Doctor   DM

Hi Pedro - Our Stock Doctor share market platform provides the ultimate DIY investment solution for self directed investors. Members can gain access to our exclusive, unique and proven quantitative research. Our proprietary Financial Health Model helps you to avoid any stocks on the ASX at risk of corporate failure, but we also share exclusively with our Members our Star Stocks (identified by our exclusive research methodology). These are stocks with strong financial health and suited to meeting an investors long-term growth or income objectives. For further information about Stock Doctor please visit our webpage: external link

pedropitz

Not really the answer I was asking for!
Are you avoiding the costs of using your platform?
Is there any trial period to find the functionality of your goods?
Regards.
P.

Stock Doctor   DM

Hi Pedro - Our pricing is listed on our website and it varies based on the number of years you take up membership with us: external link  We have a 14-day free trial period, if you would like to try the platform to get a feel for the functionality. The details to this can also be found on our website, noted above. If you would like to speak to someone in more detail, do feel free to call: 1300 676 333

Dave M.
Dave M.

Why are all the reviews a year old??

Kay Hunt

Hi Dave. I have no idea why they are all old but what I can say is that I couldn’t manage my portfolio without them. I have been a member for over 5 years and have no intention of stopping. I respect their reports and webinars their software is amazing and easy to use. Plus I think you can try it for a month before subscribing. It’s a win win hope this helps !

Stock Doctor   DM

Hi Dave - the reviews are less than a year old, with the most recent review posted in June 2021 and subsequent review posted in October 2020. If you would like to take up a free trial of Stock Doctor or learn more about our platform, please visit our webpage: external link

Hi,

Could Stock Doctor assist adequately with day or swing trading on the ASX? Or is it purely for longer term investment?

Regards,

Ben C

In my experience Stock Doctor is much more suited for those with longer term investment strategies. Day to day swings are greater in companies which are more speculative. Stock Doctor rarely recommends any speculative companies which are unprofitable and have poor financial metrics.

Inquisitive

I had a feeling this would be the case after going through their website as-well as the reviews speaking mainly about longer term investments.

Thanks for your quick reply Ben!

RGB
RGB

Yes - StockDoctor has a lot of Technical Indicators built in now as a result of user requests, but I would agree it suits better the investor who has a longer term perspective. Many StockDoctor subscribers do have a mainly technical approach. A trial version of StockDoctor canb be made available for the first-time user, providing a 'feel' for the program should that be needed. The software is intuitive. It is said that up to 3 years of active use is needed to get best results from StockDoctor. That said, the software can from first use help prevent the subscriber from making investment mistakes, saving $000's.

Hi RGB,

You give me some hope.

But if its strong suit is longer term investment, then this is absolutely fine with me as I am looking at doing that aswell.
I will give the 14 day trial a shot and see how it goes.

I've emailed them regarding this but have not received a response. No matter. I think I've got my answer anyway.

EDIT: I did receive a response. It was in my junk mail.

Thanks RGB.

Soe C.
Soe C.

What the minimum AUD to get started?

Stock Doctor   DM

Hi Soe C – the Stock Doctor platform is a comprehensive research and portfolio management solution. Membership is based on an annual subscription.

S. Mathieson
S. Mathieson

Could you please advise your brokerage fees

Colin

Lincoln is not a broker nor advisor.
They assess stocks, to help you select stocks.

Denis
Denis

what do you think of msb mesoblast ltd ?

Prem C.
Prem C.

How can I join

Ben C

If you go to the stock doctor website, they offer a free 7 day trial.

Is gold a buy

Colin

In my view Gold can be a problem if it not in tandem with oil ie they should be operation in the same direction.
Gold had some good spikes last week but has pulled back today and oil is also pulling back because the groups controlling the world oil price are not playing nicely ie they will not agree., as a result that creates instability and oil is dropping so too will gold. My chart projects had gold as high as $1735 this year. If my prediction is correct that will make a lot of gold stock very attractive.

Besty

Thank you Colin. Why does oil come into play with gold

Gail Giles
Gail Giles

I may like to buy shares through you, how to do this?

Geoffrey L.
Geoffrey L.

Gail, I struggled with stock selection - until I joined Lincoln Stockdoctor. It has helped me achieved yearly returns greater than 35% for the past two years. I really recommend them. They cost about $1,600 pa and they provide lots of backup, it is well worth the cost. Geoff

Spydah
Spydah

Gail, I endorse Geoffrey L's comments. My annual subscription has paid for itself many times over. Stock Doctor's primary purpose is to help you select shares for your portfolio (and rule out the ones which are less likely to perform). In other words, they act in an advisory capacity by making recommendations. They don't always get it right, but they're pretty good, and you can certainly trust their advice as being unbiased.

In terms of buying shares they seem to have some sort of arrangement with Bell Direct stockbrokers, though that's not their primary function and they really don't try to push you into using Bell Direct.

Mark
Mark

I have used the trial of stock doctor and find it really good. However i dont have a large sum of money to begin investing with. How much money would i need to have for investment purposes before a stock doctor subscription would be worth having.

Will Fish
Will Fish

If you just learning to invest, I suggest you first spend $120 and join the Australian Shareholder Association where you will find heaps of investor education video's for new investors. They also have shareholder groups in various locations around Australia (free as part of membership) where you can learn from other investors. I use Stock Doctor as only one of my information sources. If you are only a small investor, you might start with the free newsletters first, join ASA, join a local ASA discussion group and learn about investing before you outlay a larger amount to a shares advice service. Hope this helps.

A.crust
A.crust

If it's like 108 dollars a month 4 service is it worth starting to trade with like 2 thousand dollars

Rocky

Hi. I doubt it however I would suggest that you ring Lincoln Stock Doctor and ask the question. They have a number of options and it costs nothing to seek their advise.

susie
susie

Can someone advise what it costs per month. I would rather know price first before contacting Lincoln

Rocky

For subscription. $104/mth. And worth every $$. The service, information, recommendations and $$ made for my SMSF have more than covered all costs etc. Currently running at 19% annually.

DDD
DDD

It's $158

Ray
Ray

The 2 managed funds, income and growth funds, whats peoples feelings on these for a SMSF

Rocky

I prefer ETF to managed funds. The fees are less and the returens are about the same

Stock Doctor   DM

The question of which product is more appropriate for you we are unable to answer. It is best you seek independent financial advice should you have queries in relation to that. Active managers such as ourselves aim to, and are assessed, on our ability to outperform a benchmark on a consistent basis, net of fees. We can say that our Wholesale Lincoln Australian Growth Fund has a history of delivering consistent outperformance over and above the All Ordinaries Accumulation Index, including in 2018 where we were the best performing fund manager for the year according to Morningstar’s fund screener (Morningstar.com.au).

The Wholesale Lincoln Australian Income Fund has a history of delivering higher than market income return while maintaining pace with the market from a total return perspective over the long-term, including significant outperformance in 2018.

This outperformance includes all fees and expenses. Past performance is no indicator of future performance. You should obtain a copy of and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) at external link  before making any decision in relation to either Fund.

Elio D'Amato
Executive Director, Lincoln Indicators
1300 676 333

Genevieve D.
Genevieve D.

No question!

James
James

Is SD eps data provided as quarterly or half yearly?

Stock Doctor   DM

Hi James. Thanks for you question. Earnings per share (EPS) is provided half yearly. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 676 333.
Regards, Avril Adams