4.2 from 1,111 reviews

19 questions from our users

Amanda D.

Amanda D.asked

Thinking of installing a flat roof pergola - how do they go in high wind storms?

MGCap

Hi Amanda, our large carport has just been built. In answering your question, there hasn't been any strong storms/winds Our structure from Stratco is quite strong. If you have any concern, you really should direct that question with the Salesman thats given you the quote.

Stratco A.Stratco

Hi Amanda, we can have one of our Team contact you to discuss in detail. Please contact me at contact@stratco.com.au and I can arrange. Kind regards Natasha

Ingrid L.

Ingrid L.asked

Online Store

I have just had stratco ambient blinds installed and one is hanging down lower on one side than the other. Does not retract fully. Is this fixable

MGCap

Hi Ingrid, when you had your ambient blinds installed didn't you question it with the tradies? Every step of my carport that didnt look right I questioned it at that moment. I look time off work but I have to say the tradies I had were fantastic and very professional. My advice to you, contact the installer and complain that you're not happy with the craftsmanship.

kathyasked

I just had my decking done the roof isn't flush ,it's twisted,and a gap above the blinds,who do I get out to check this

Mal D.

Mal D.asked

Does Cooldek CGI meet the AS1530.1 standards?

rick N.
rick N.

sorry don't know answers for Cooldek.

kathyasked

How much are your ambedient motorised blinds and could you please send me the photo of the cooldeck patio, blinds are 1 metre and 1.2 metres across

Trevor

Trevorasked

I have heard that the Cool Deck product may be a fire hazard in that the polystyrene insulation material is combustible. Are there any installation methods that can reduce fire risk?

Hi Trevor,

Cooldek polystyrene has fire retardant so it is self-extinguishing. It will burn in the presence of a flame, but will not sustain a fire when the flame is removed.

Stratco supply bushfire flashings that can be used to cover the polystyrene and protect it from embers. Refer to our Cooldek flashing guide https://www.stratco.com.au/siteassets/pdfs/cladding_cooldek_shielding_flashings_guide.pdf

These flashings allow the use of Cooldek in bushfire regions up to BAL 29, depending on the application.

If you have any more questions let us know here or email us at contact@stratco.com.au

kathyasked

Has anyone had a decking built,28 square metres of decking cost me 11800.00 for a decking,want answers please as this is overpriced

Mork
Mork

Kathy my experience is that Stratco is only a supplier they have no builders licence ( advised by them ) their installers are a mixed bag but most lack training from Stratco who only guess as to how to use products.
Your price for decking appears overpriced but as i have no info on the project & what was fabricated to install the decking eg: raised framing ( sloping site ). Stratco management in my experience are useless, consumers affairs don't want to upset larger companies ( they like soft targets ) so no luck there. If you are happy with the end workmanship chasing another result only ends up causing you grief without a better outcome.
I have spent the last 12mths trying to get my Stratco sheds fixed, it's been a nightmare.
Perhaps as unpalatable it sounds learn from this and don't trust anyone until they earn your trust. Cheers
By the way if you look at their 5star reviews most are company marketing generated.

kathy

Thanks mark,for your reply,yes its true that stratco don't build them,it's there contract builders,yes its only a normal decking ,it's the contract builders they have,if you want action place your review on Google maps,that's how I got my house all fixed,and these false comments are against the policy on this site,should be monitored mork,it's unfair and misleading the people,hope you get your garage fixed,keep fighting and don't give up,it's your money,not theres

Stratco A.Stratco

Hi Kathy, we have a range of decking options at various price points. Please let us know if you receive a competitive quote from another supplier or would like to consider other options. We would welcome the opportunity to assist you further with your decking project. We have escalated Mork’s issue to senior management and are actively working with Mork to resolve any issues. Please rest assured that the reviews on this site are written by genuine customers providing accurate recounts of their experiences with Stratco. They are not written by ‘company marketing’. Let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with.

Rj R.

Rj R.asked

Will the 60 mos. to pay deal compromised the pricing? I feel that you will need to Jack up the price to compensate the length of time that I needed to pay for the product.
I need a Pergola that will match up our house.

kathyasked

I have just been reading the reviews are you using cheap steel from China if so I will be pulling the pin on my pergola,I'm not paying for crap steel that will rust I want the TRUTH Kathy

Hi Kathy,

Stratco steel goes through thorough and continuous testing to ensure we're using the highest quality materials that consistently exceed Australian standards. If you have any questions about your project you can email me at contact@stratco.com.au with a contact number and postcode and I'll have our team contact you to discuss.

Rell77

Rell77asked

Still waiting for a return phone call as our shed has wrong sized corners and pa door infill panel

Denise d
Denise d

Yep we here you, we are still waiting for a response over stratco delivering rusted fence rails and poles. Been over a month now. So good luck.

Wendyasked

We have outdoor colourbond patio with clear panels in the middle. Looks good after 10 years but too hot to sit under. Do you install insulated roofing to existing roofing? Thank you Wendy

Hi Wendy,
We certainly can. If you would like to email me at alison.stampke@stratco.com.au with a contact number and postcode we'll have one of our installers in your area contact you for a free, no obligation measure and quote.

Wendy

Thanks Alison for prompt response, I’ve spoken on the phone to local Stratco branch and arranged for a quote. Regards Wendy

Greg D

Greg Dasked

Why is the survey so poorly designed that 2 questions within are not answerable if you are simply buying some ferterlizer and not doing a project. Like building etc. very unprofessional survey and not what stratco should be accepting for its usually high standards......

Hi Greg,
I'm sorry to hear our survey is not up to our usual standards. If you could email me at alison.stampke@stratco.com.au with your contact details our team would love to discuss this further to find out how we can improve.

Bear

Bearasked

Do you do free trailer hire on purchase?

Trudy B

Trudy Basked

Are all Stratco sheds weather proof? Eg. Rain?

Kate
Kate

Yes they are. Brochure available on the stratco website.

Hi Trudy,

You can find a link to all the information you may require about our sheds here: https://www.stratco.com.au/our-products/home-improvement/sheds-garages/

Please let me know if you would like for one of our team members to call you directly to answer any questions or talk through your potential project.

Lauren.

San Masked

Is Pavillion grande suitable around swimming pools?
Sanjay

Hi Sanjay,

Thanks for reaching out. Pavilion patios built in proximity of a pool require additional maintenance to ensure the product will perform as required due to a more corrosive environment than standard patios. If you wanted to provide your contact details via an email to contact@stratco.com.au I will be able to provide you with a document which outlines this information.

Thanks Lauren I have emailed you seperately

Hi Sanjay,
Apologies, I haven't seen anything come through yet. Perhaps try emailing me at Lauren.Penno@stratco.com.au ?

Kayjay

Kayjayasked

Planning on replacing rotted timber deck in Brisbane with Stratco WPC/ wood plastic composite available in 3 colours. However, I have read online that all composite decking fades within a few months due to exposure to light, and when installed, can be easily scraped and damaged by moving your outdoor furniture around. Has anyone any experience of this?

Hi Kayjay,

Our composite decking has been tested by our Research & Design department for fading to ensure longevity. If you like I can send through our Composite Decking Guide and also have one of our team members reach out to you to further discuss your project if this may assist?

Please feel free to send myself an email at contact@stratco.com.au with your contact details.

kathy

I hope not just had it put down

Tc

Tcasked

Has anyone had a Stratco carport for 5-8 years living within 300m of the beach on east coast Australia and experienced corrosion?
I’m looking at purchasing - need to check experiences. They look great.

Brad
Brad

Stratco do not recommend to use or warrant their roofing within 1km of ocean or canal or adjacent to pools and spas. They do have a higher grade product to use but the cost of this product is high. Hope this helps

Alan

Alanasked

Can you put a BBQ alfresco unit within the Pavilion Allure structure? I see that there are no pictures of alfresco BBQ units within the Stratco brochures? Is there any fire rating for the Allure structures and are they suitable for a BBQ under the roof line?

Hi Alan,
Thank you for getting in contact with us. As our Pavilion Allure is an aluminium product, there is less risk of damage. Staining from smoke and airborne fat is likely to be the biggest issue in which case you may like to consider installing a multiple wall flue which would need to be ducted around the louvres, which would reduce this problem. We would be more than happy to discuss this in further detail if you would like to send through your contact details to contact@stratco.com.au.

Brianasked

Do Stratco really care about the customers or are they just a money making concern?

Go elsewhere
Go elsewhere

Brian, after reading your complaint, do you really need to ask this question?

Just browse on thru the comments of all the unhappy, unsatisfied customers, and you'll get the answer, no Stracto dont care about customers!

Pami
Pami

Brian, I must point out that I'm happy with the Stratco product itself. My complaint is about the incompetent, unethical building company that Stratco sent to install it. i posted a similar review on another website & received a reply asking for my contact details so management could get in touch. Two months later I still haven't had a phone call or email. To answer your question, no - in my opinion Stratco do not care about customers. They have their money for the product & that appears to be their only interest. Pami

Brian

So far I too am also happy with Stratco, I posted my complaint last night about a contractor they had suggested, I was contacted mid morning today about my complaint, things are moving now I hope to a positive end. I had my doubts but I admit it looks as if I was wrong Brian. Tom Martin from Stratco sorted my problem and I am very happy with the outcome Brian Great stuff TOM and Stratco service dept

Get an answer from our members and Stratco representatives

Other Hardware Shops