9Sunbeam Barista Max EM5300

Sunbeam Barista Max EM5300 Questions & Answers

9Sunbeam Barista Max EM5300
Joanne S.
Joanne S. · Barista Max EM5300

My Barista Max has been flawless for the last 4 years making 4 coffees a day and suddenly the water pressure has gone so barely makes a shot and barely any steam also.
Have tried doing a google search on how to fix this and have seen that on similar machines it may be a blocked filter on the water pump?
Tried to open the machine by unscrewing the bottom first then tried to take off the back panel, however can’t seem to work out how to do so.
Has anyone also tried pulling the machine apart at the back to access the pump and successfully? If so are you able to assist please :)

James M.
James M.

Mine did the same as yours after 3 month

Tanz · Barista Max EM5300

I had Sunbeam Espresso Max for 3 yrs. Recently, while powering on, steam want dial keep showing flash light and doesn't come on. It sometimes come up goof illuminated with all buttons on machine. Otherwise, keep showing flashing light. What can I do to fix it. Thanks

LR K.
LR K. · Barista Max EM5300

Hi. Our barista max is just under a year old have followed all cleaning procedures over this time. It suddenly started spurting from the group head where it attaches to machine. Changed seal, still the same...noticed some tiny dents on top of group head handle...could this be why it spurts?

Gabby H. · Barista Max EM5300K (Black)

how to stop coffee beans while grinding and making a huge mess everywhere and why is the coffee sloppy and still have water floating on top of the coffee after extraction

Gabby H. · Barista Max EM5300K (Black)

How do I stop the grinder beans from flying out the hopper all over my bench during grinding

Gabby H. · Barista Max EM5300K (Black)

Why is there still water sitting on top of the grinder coffee after the pour

tristan b.
tristan b. · Barista Max EM5300

According to Australian consumer law I believe all products should be warranted for 24months regardless of the 12 month claim. Statutorily at the very least as many reviews on here are major faults and failures of the product itself for what appears to be less than the standard usage. I have this machine and it wont power on suddenly. Before i investigate this further id love some clarification on that?

Charmaine.
Charmaine.

I have same issue. Sunbeam replaced last machine. Happened again to my new replacement machine. They will not replace.

Nick W.
Nick W. · Barista Max EM5300K (Black)

The machine has been working fine for 2 years
Went to turn it on this morning.... Doesn't work
No power.
Tried plugging it into a different socket in the wall, still nothing
Never had a power outage
So the fuse should be fine

Not sure what the problem is?

KBO
KBO

Hi Nick ours has just done the same. Have you managed to get yours working again?

Unfortunately not,
I attempted to pull it apart as I was doing some reading online -which lead me to believe it was the power fuse that blew

But it's quite complex to replace
So I've had to sort out another coffee machine

Definitely won't be buy another sunbeam again
Especially considering the price tag for a terrible quality machine

Sanmari M.
Sanmari M. · Barista Max EM5300S (Silver)

Hello.
Our machine (less than 1.5 years old) is dripping in places it shouldn't be and when it shouldn't be. Yesterday it started running out of the steam wand when we were trying to put a shot of coffee in which means there's no pressure where the coffee runs out..We've also cleaned it and the cleaning light does not go off. Please help!

James D.
James D.

I have the same issue. I found this info on a repairers website:
"Part Number: EM5300165
Note: if hot water comes out of steam nozzle instead of coffee coming out from Head then this selector switch could be faulty"

Sanmari M.

Thank you James! We'll definitely try that!

Sharan
Sharan · Barista Max EM5300

I just purchased Barista max but from the beginning have trouble brewing on the double shot. The machine works if I use manual shot. I have cleaned the machine but it still won’t brew on the double. This is my second machine, so I know the product well

OzRattler

This model is not of merchantable quality. I'm on my 3rd unit and the SAME leaking wand drama - no water through the basket. When I asked if it was 'fit for purpose' or of a 'merchantable quality' - Silence. No reply. Not good. Go elsewhere. This product has issues KNOWN to Sunbeam.

Cheryl S.
Cheryl S. · Barista Max EM5300

Hi my Barista Max grinder seems
to only grind to nearly sand texture.
Yes same beans I always use.
Put hopper to coarse .
Still too fine
Cleaned well
Same no information on internet
2years old
Everything else works fine.

Laura K.
Laura K. · Barista Max EM5300

Anyone in Brisbane providing service for these machines?

We have a 3 year old Sunbeam Barista Max EM5300 and its been a good little machine all these years and mornings with a need of delicious caffeine boost. We have had no maintenance issues all these years. Last week our steamer light started playing up and not turning on to steam mode. We can still grind and make coffee but no steamer. Thank you for your help in advance!

Tanz

Did you find the fix for issue. I have got exactly same issue. My machine is nearly 3-4 yrs old too.

Trinh N.
Trinh N. · Barista Max EM5300

Hi, after I cleaned the machine, the top burr isn't aligned anymore. How can I fix this?

Ryan B.
Ryan B.

Same with mine the top burr doesn’t align with the arrows did you find a solution on how to fix it I would be interested in trying to repair it

Kristyn M.
Kristyn M. · Barista Max EM5300

The steam wand is leaking water (a lot). The machine is just out of warranty. Looking at other posts this seems to be an ongoing issue & I also read that a repairer said there was a bad batch of machines in 2021.

Emma-J
Emma-J · Barista Max EM5300

My Sunbeam Barista Max was purchased in march 2021. It has been trouble free since then but all of a sudden has a leaking steam wand. Removes so much pressure you can barely make a shot.
Machine only has a 12 month standard warranty but it seems that this is a known issue by Sunbeam. What support are Sunbeam offering to resolve this issue?

shp
shp

Yes, Sunbeam appears to be well aware of the problem and seemingly avoiding doing anything to assist. They will refer you to a repair agent who will probably charge a high percentage of the retail price to look at it. If it is a recurring problem then you have to judge whether you want to throw more money at a high maintenance machine. I had same issue. I ended up buying a new machine from an alternate manufactuter.

Ruben L.
Ruben L.

Same problem here. Such a disappointment to not be able to rely on a manufacturer to offer reliable products that last well beyond the standard warranty. Never going to buy Sunbeam again, that’s for sure.

OzRattler

Same and when I asked if the machine was of merchantable quality - SILENCE. Rubbish machine / company it seems.

Rachael B. · Barista Max EM5300

1 or 2 months out of warranty my machine has no power. Have unplugged, tested power supply from PowerPoint, cleaned machine - nothing. Why would this suddenly happen right after warranty expires? Can you advise service centres in southern Sydney that won't cost more than buying a new one? Disappointing.

Sunbeam   DM

Hi Rachael, Thank you for sharing your experience while using your Sunbeam Barista Max.
We are disappointed to learn about the issue you are experiencing.

We are happy to help you troubleshoot solutions. Please give us a call at 1300 881 861, from 10:00am to 6:00pm - Monday - Friday AEST.

Rachael B.

Thanks for nothing sunbeam. Now have power to the machine (having paid $180 for repairs), and now the grinder doesn't work. Seemed like such a lovely machine, but clearly not made to work for longer than 12 months. Changing brands.

Hailey D
Hailey D · Barista Max EM5300

Hi. My Sunbeam Barista Max coffee machine has been working great up until now. I just went to turn it on one morning and nothing. I contacted the company I bought it from and they informed me that it was just outside of warranty (by less than a month) and that I would have to contact Sunbeam. Is this something that can be fixed? My last coffee machine was Sunbeam and lasted years with no issues and was the cheapest one available. A bit disappointing when I splurged on a more expensive one this time and it's just given up!

Sunbeam   DM

Hi Hailey, Thank you for sharing your experience while using your Sunbeam Barista Max.
We are disappointed to learn about the difficulties you are experiencing while attempting to turn on the coffee machine.

We are happy to help you troubleshoot this matter, please give us a call at 1300 881 861, from 10:00am to 6:00pm - Monday - Friday AEST.

Alana P. · Barista Max EM5300

My machine has started leaking water out the outside of the group head while making coffee? Do I need a new seal?

Sunbeam   DM

Hi Alana, Thank you for sharing your experience while using your Sunbeam Barista Max.
We are disappointed to learn about the leak you experienced.

We are happy to help, please give us a call at 1300 881 861, from 10:00am to 6:00pm - Monday - Friday AEST.

OzRattler

Get your money back and buy a new machine from another firm. it's not fit for purpose.

Benjamin A.
Benjamin A. · Barista Max EM5300

Can this machine brew coffee and froth milk at the same time? Or I have to do them one after one?

Alana P.

You have to do one at a time

Sunbeam   DM

Hello Benjamin, The Sunbeam Barista Max does not come with a Dual Thermoblock heating system.
We do range coffee machines with Dual Thermoblock heating system, please click the following link to see our full range - external link

Nicola W.
Nicola W. · Barista Max EM5300

My grinder is not working in my 2 year old machine-it beeps three times and doesn’t grind. I’ve tried testing it by pressing the red button but it still won’t work

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

Select a listing for your question
Sunbeam Barista Max EM5300