Suncorp Motor Insurance

10 questions from our users

MARGO X.

MARGO X.asked

Motor Insurance

Why is it that every single Car Insurance company including you Suncorp have shocking bad reviews pages of unhappy complaining customers from the cheap insurance to expensive so are they all wrong are these customers all complaining about nothing? I have yet to find an insurance company with "rave reviews" so who do I choose? You Suncorp? You tell me. . .

Unhappy customer

Firstly, most of the insurance companies are owned by 1 or 2 parent companies!!! So no matter who you insure with, you are dealing with that parent company and if you aren't happy and change your insurance company, its probably to one of their other ones, so they don't care as they are still getting your money.....
Secondly, its because noone is watching over them making them do what they promise/claim! I was going to go to the Ombudsman but that turned out to be useless as they approve what the insurance companies are doing....
I ended up having to dig my heels in and fight them all the way by refusing to pick up my car until it was either fixed or written off and after 3 months, I finally have my car repaired and picked up.
Luckily I have another car, but if I didn't I would have been forced to accept their decision.
There needs to be a watchdog keeping an eye on them and making them abide by their promises.....as it is OUR MONEY, currently they can do whatever they want and get away with it unless you are prepared to fight them on it....

Unhappy customerasked

Motor Insurance

When are you going to stop ripping people off and start upholding you promises! Shame on you!

Unhappy customer

Suncorp and their companies with insurance rip offs.

charlie s

charlie sasked

is my car still covered rego number is 401yoa

Fired Up

Why not call the company and ASK?

MONTROSE

MONTROSEasked

Comprehensive Car Insurance

We have friends shopping around for their car insurance renewal with various car insurance companies.
They have asked us if Suncorp Car Insurance would cover mice damage to a car under their policy.

Has anyone had experience with this matter or able to give further information re this issue?

hirondelle
hirondelle

I am sorry but I have no knowledge about mice damage only accidental damage.

john smith
john smith

contact suncorp & ask them

Fired Up

Same answer to the same question you have already asked in this site.

Norma P.

Norma P.asked

Motor Insurance

Zero star from me! I had accident I heat gutter on my left side bumper and when I try to reverse cuase I’ve panic already I accidentally heat someone bumper behind so I had damage in my back bumper also but the car behind no damage in his front bumper so I tried to claim my left side bumper and my back bumper but Suncorp want me to pay $600 excess twice! $600 excess for my left bumper and $600 excess for back bumper cause they said it’s two deferent action! Can you believe it that’s why I insured my car for. Suncorp just want peoples money we don’t get any return from our money. So I will cancel my house policy and my car policy from Suncorp. Very Disappointed

Arjun G.
Arjun G.

They are really terrible and dont care about costumer and their money

Mick M

Mick Masked

Motor Insurance

Why has this post been rejected can’t you handle the truth

ben dover
ben dover

check the guidelines on product review, its product review who deletes the posts Suncorp cant do it

Cornelius Boshoff

Cornelius Boshoffasked

Motor Insurance

What is your definition of private use? Is driving to Uni every day regarded as private use?

Evan

Evanasked

Motor Insurance

Although Suncorp offer lifetime guarantee from a legal point of view who are the ones that have to honour it who being the repair shop or the insurance company and in the end who wares the bill for rerepairs

Johstinson

Johstinsonasked

Motor Insurance

If you have comprehensive advantages and need a windscreen replaced (first one this year) do I still have to ring Suncorp or can I just give the windscreen people my insurance policy number?

Johnno P
Johnno P

I've been in this situation and found that by calling the Suncorp insurance line and going through their phone prompts, if you only have damage to your windscreen (i.e. no other panel damage as part of a larger claim), your call gets routed to the windscreen people (O'Brien) and they handle it.

malaika

malaikaasked

Motor Insurance

Am just wondering if this advanced car insurance is worth it compared to what you can pay with other insurance. Has anyone every received a free car rental if they have an accident?

MC
MC

Sorry I haven't needed to or heard of anyone recieving any free car while their car gets fixed.

GDSA

Nope.. if you're with Suncorp or GIO good luck. they say they'll give you this and that.. but once they sucker you into signing up or moving over you'll get nothing back.. Only wish you don't have a car accident, if you do I can guarantee you they'll say your car is a write off. RACV is better. Suncorp and GIO are the one and the same business

GDSA

I was offered free car when my car was damaged or for repair under my insurance with GIO. Signed up all happy and when the time came, I got peanuts.. lol Seriously. Nothing. They give you excuses like we don't have a vehicle at the moment or that you have to be living x Kms from the service station. etc etc..

Get an answer from our members and Suncorp representatives